Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jackov
Member since 2003 • 7573 Posts

30-Man Royal Rumble Match
PARTICIPANTS: R-Truth, Carlito, The Brian Kendrick, Triple H, Big Show, Vladimir Kozlov, Shelton Benjamin, Undertaker, Randy Orton, Kofi Kingston, Rey Mysterio, The Miz, John Morrison, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, Santino Marella, Kane, CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Finlay, Mark Henry, The Great Khali, Chavo Guerrero, and more.

ECW Championship
Jack Swagger vs. Matt Hardy

World Heavyweight Championship
John Cena vs. JBL

WWE Women's Championship
Beth Phoenix vs. Melina

WWE Championship
Jeff Hardy vs. Edge

MORE MATCHES TO BE ANNOUNCED

----------------------------------------------------

Click the following pic to choose your official wallpaper.....

----------------------------------------------------

It's time for WWE's trademark PPV to begin the new year and the road to WrestleMania. 30 men will compete, only 1 will go WrestleMania 25 to face the champion.

Discuss this upcoming PPV and more in this thread.

Dark_Hylian8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Dark_Hylian8
Member since 2005 • 6711 Posts

I think that the possible Rumble winners are: Jericho, HBK, Triple H, Randy Orton, or Cody Rhodes. I would love to see a Heel winning this one, since the last heel to win was Vince McMahon a decade ago.

Redders1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Redders1989
Member since 2006 • 13410 Posts

I think that the possible Rumble winners are: Jericho, HBK, Triple H, Randy Orton, or Cody Rhodes. I would love to see a Heel winning this one, since the last heel to win was Vince McMahon a decade ago.

Dark_Hylian8

Batista in 2005 was a heel at the time when he won the Rumble. Of course became face by the time he went to 'Mania though. 

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#4 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Could see HBK winning it, and JBL taking it away from him.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

[QUOTE="Dark_Hylian8"]I would love to see a Heel winning this one, since the last heel to win was Vince McMahon a decade ago.Redders1989
Batista in 2005 was a heel at the time when he won the Rumble. Of course became face by the time he went to 'Mania though.

Only problem with that is that Batista did NOT win the Royal Rumble. John Cena did.

trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 trick_man01
Member since 2003 • 11441 Posts

[QUOTE="Redders1989"][QUOTE="Dark_Hylian8"]I would love to see a Heel winning this one, since the last heel to win was Vince McMahon a decade ago.Link256

Only problem with that is that Batista did NOT win the Royal Rumble. John Cena did.

In 2005? If your refering to the finish than you have a week argument. But Batista did officially win that rumble
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Link256

In 2005? If your refering to the finish than you have a week argument. But Batista did officially win that rumbletrick_man01
No, just being stupid. I am mistaken. My bad.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Link256

Shawn Michaels would be the last heel to win the Royal Rumble, and go on to challenge the champion as a heel. Yokozuna is the only heel in the history of the event to win the Royal Rumble, and go on to be victorious at WrestleMania... kinda of. McMahon did not face the champion the year he won the Rumble, as the case was with Austin with his 1st Rumble victory. Otherwise, as previously stated, Batista had done turned face by the time of his WrestleMania match.

Dark_Hylian8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dark_Hylian8
Member since 2005 • 6711 Posts
Whether they go on to Wrestlemania or not, i still consider Batista a face since the crowd was already getting behind him to take out Triple H. Maybe a tweener. McMahon would be the last heel to win.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

Right now, this Rumble looks to be about as wide open as Rumbles get. Still got a few weeks for WWE to completely telegraph a winner, though, but there are a lot of possibilities. Also, gotta find out the title matches, too, which should weed out some of the contenders. It does seem that the time is right for a heel to take a Rumble, but there are other possibilities. Ya gotta know WWE loves Cena-Batista II and any match Triple H can have.

My early pick for the Rumble winner is Edge, but we've got a long way to go.

WWE has produced its best Rumbles over the past two years and seems poised to continue the trend. I hope it does.

The other big question on my mind, which record will Triple H break, the elimination record or Beniot's time record? You know WWE's gotta be thinking about getting that record off the books. On the other hand, Trips hasn't been shy about his eliminations, either. Could he break both?

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts
I think MVP is going to get the win. The Rumble is the perfect time to pull the trigger on his push. This whole "job him out so he won't quit like Lesnar or Lashley when we push him" thing the WWE has going with him has got to end soon. Smackdown needs another top heel besides Edge who can feud with HHH or Jeff.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
When does christian's contract with TNA up again?
wwe4ever_in05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wwe4ever_in05
Member since 2005 • 5173 Posts

Right now, this Rumble looks to be about as wide open as Rumbles get. Still got a few weeks for WWE to completely telegraph a winner, though, but there are a lot of possibilities. Also, gotta find out the title matches, too, which should weed out some of the contenders. It does seem that the time is right for a heel to take a Rumble, but there are other possibilities. Ya gotta know WWE loves Cena-Batista II and any match Triple H can have.

My early pick for the Rumble winner is Edge, but we've got a long way to go.

WWE has produced its best Rumbles over the past two years and seems poised to continue the trend. I hope it does.

The other big question on my mind, which record will Triple H break, the elimination record or Beniot's time record? You know WWE's gotta be thinking about getting that record off the books. On the other hand, Trips hasn't been shy about his eliminations, either. Could he break both?

The_Dude14

Good question about everything I don't see Punk winning toinght or the Rumble because he will face Regal at the this PPV for the IC Gold, and then there is the Question about who will win I think Edge and MVP are some good picks but I woulkd mind seeing like Orton win or someone like that.

Then there is also the Question what Record will Trips break, I don't like saying it but I see maybe, the Elimintions would be a good chance of that even though Kane has it for right now.

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_Dude14

I think MVP is going to get the win. The Rumble is the perfect time to pull the trigger on his push. This whole "job him out so he won't quit like Lesnar or Lashley when we push him" thing the WWE has going with him has got to end soon. Smackdown needs another top heel besides Edge who can feud with HHH or Jeff.sephy37
I like that line of thought, I'm just not buying it. MVP should be a main event player right now, but I'm thinking its not a case of WWE not wanting to create another Lesnar, I'm thinking its a case of the morons in WWE not seeing what everyone else sees in MVP.

MVP's not some amatuer wrestler that WWE has signed and coddled right out of college. I mean, MVP wrestled in FIP... early FIP no less. If that didn't make him quit to try something else, no way superstardom would.

Plus, Smackdown's already got their top heel to feud with HHH and Jeff. Kozlov :|.

Good question about everything I don't see Punk winning toinght or the Rumble because he will face Regal at the this PPV for the IC Gold, and then there is the Question about who will win I think Edge and MVP are some good picks but I woulkd mind seeing like Orton win or someone like that.

Then there is also the Question what Record will Trips break, I don't like saying it but I see maybe, the Elimintions would be a good chance of that even though Kane has it for right now.wwe4ever_in05

I'd definately be for an Orton win. I'd like an Orton-Cena main event. I'm just afraid that Raw's Wrestlemania main event is going to be Cena-Batista II

Triple H at last year's Rumble was ridiculous (I think specifically of him eliminating Foley and Burke at the same time). I would like to think that Kane's record is safe, but I just get the feeling that since Trip is as unlikely as he can be these days to win the Rumble (which still makes him more likely to win than 99% of the roster) he's going to have to do something else to "keep him strong."

I'm also hoping WWE continues its Legends portion of the Rumble. The Roddy Piper-Snuka segment was one of my favorite parts of last year's Rumble, especially seeing CM Punk cracking up in the corner. I love those surprise moments.

KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts

Smackdown! have had the most Rumble wins, ever since the brand split:

2003: Brock Lesner (SD!), 2004: Chris Benoit (SD!, then defected to RAW), 2005: Batista (RAW), 2006: Rey Mysterio (SD!), 2007: Undertaker (SD!), and 2008: John Cena (RAW). This coming year, I want a RAW guy to win. I don't see any ECW competitor winning this one.

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sephy37

[QUOTE="sephy37"]I think MVP is going to get the win. The Rumble is the perfect time to pull the trigger on his push. This whole "job him out so he won't quit like Lesnar or Lashley when we push him" thing the WWE has going with him has got to end soon. Smackdown needs another top heel besides Edge who can feud with HHH or Jeff.The_Dude14

I like that line of thought, I'm just not buying it. MVP should be a main event player right now, but I'm thinking its not a case of WWE not wanting to create another Lesnar, I'm thinking its a case of the morons in WWE not seeing what everyone else sees in MVP.

MVP's not some amatuer wrestler that WWE has signed and coddled right out of college. I mean, MVP wrestled in FIP... early FIP no less. If that didn't make him quit to try something else, no way superstardom would.

Plus, Smackdown's already got their top heel to feud with HHH and Jeff. Kozlov :|.

"For people wondering about MVP's losing streak (now at 19 consecutive losses on television), he was told it was being done because the company is mad about giving guys such as Brock Lesnar and Bobby Lashley huge pushes only to see them leave. The word going around is that they're doing this to MVP now not as a booking reprisal, but as a way to make sure he's willing to stick out for the long haul. MVP feels this is the real reason for the losing streak, apparently not realizing everyone else they are high on and grooming for the future also don't have losing streak storylines.
"

Credit: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_Dude14
[QUOTE="The_Dude14"]

[QUOTE="sephy37"]I think MVP is going to get the win. The Rumble is the perfect time to pull the trigger on his push. This whole "job him out so he won't quit like Lesnar or Lashley when we push him" thing the WWE has going with him has got to end soon. Smackdown needs another top heel besides Edge who can feud with HHH or Jeff.sephy37

"For people wondering about MVP's losing streak (now at 19 consecutive losses on television), he was told it was being done because the company is mad about giving guys such as Brock Lesnar and Bobby Lashley huge pushes only to see them leave. The word going around is that they're doing this to MVP now not as a booking reprisal, but as a way to make sure he's willing to stick out for the long haul. MVP feels this is the real reason for the losing streak, apparently not realizingeveryone else they are high on and grooming for the future also don't have losing streak storylines.
"

Credit: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Its stupidity either way.
trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 trick_man01
I believe Rey Mysterio holds the record for longest time in a rumble despite being a #2 entry.
CWood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 CWood
Member since 2002 • 3760 Posts

Personally, I'd love it if Orton won won the Rumble match then go on and beat Cena at Mania. It's been WAY too long since a heel has won a Rumble. If I recall, only 2 heels have won a title as a result of the rumble; Yoko and Ric Flair.

Also, I'm guessing it'll be JBL vs Cena for the title at RR with Michaels winning the 4 way next week, then JBL taking his spot for that. Besides, Kane, Punk, HBK and Rey are all good guys to have in the Rumble match. Kane because he has a history of lots of elimations for the match and the others because they could go the hour. On Smackdown's side, I'll just say Hardy vs Edge with HHH, Big Show, Kozlov, Shelton and Taker being Smackdown's major players in the Rumble match.

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_Dude14

I believe Rey Mysterio holds the record for longest time in a rumble despite being a #2 entry.trick_man01
Come to think of it, that's right, isn't it. I tend to forget about that Rumble because it was so obnoxious.

So Trips'll definately take the Elimination record.

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sephy37
I'm holding out for Drew Carey making an appearance and winning :)
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 The_Dude14

I'm holding out for Drew Carey making an appearance and winning :)sephy37
These days, Kane might actually take the bribe.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Blackbond
Expect MVP to either get put out early or do exteremly well and lose at the very end to make an even bigger disappoint.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Link256

Knowing the WWE, I am expecting MVP to be eliminated extremely quickly, curiosity of everyone else involved, if anything.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Blackbond
I think we may need an over under on how many compeittors MVP will last. Meaning if he stays in for three new entrants then he willl have lasted for 3 wrestlers. Wonder how long he will last.
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 keiblerfan69
Member since 2004 • 15237 Posts
I am betting on a Christian return at number 30.
wwe4ever_in05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 wwe4ever_in05
How are the Predictions going to go on this one, Jackov?????
Avatar image for Latina_Malishka
Latina_Malishka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Latina_Malishka
Member since 2008 • 102 Posts

I am betting on a Christian return at number 30.keiblerfan69

Now I would love to see that.

I relaly Really Really hope either Randy Orton or Edge wins the Rumble or if Christian returns I'd like him to win it.

-The_Chris-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 -The_Chris-
Member since 2007 • 1923 Posts
If a main eventer wins the Rumble, it makes the rumble pointless. A main eventer is allways going to be in the main event. The Rumble should be a chance for a mid-carder to be propelled into man event status.
Demonic_Jin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#32 Demonic_Jin
Member since 2005 • 10650 Posts

[QUOTE="trick_man01"]I believe Rey Mysterio holds the record for longest time in a rumble despite being a #2 entry.The_Dude14

Come to think of it, that's right, isn't it. I tend to forget about that Rumble because it was so obnoxious.

No! That's the only thing Kane has left...
kayne2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 kayne2000
Member since 2004 • 5583 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Dude14"]

[QUOTE="trick_man01"]I believe Rey Mysterio holds the record for longest time in a rumble despite being a #2 entry.Demonic_Jin

yes that would suck but he still has the 1 time 24 hour WWE title reighn lol

trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 trick_man01
This whole obsessed fan thing seems a little familiar *cough couch*Mickie and Trish*cough cough*.
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jackov
Added the first two matches of the PPV.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts

This whole obsessed fan thing seems a little familiar *cough couch*Mickie and Trish*cough cough*.trick_man01

Probaly lead to end of Santino with Beth, and hopefully NOT less airtime for Santino.

Avatar image for Latina_Malishka
Latina_Malishka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Latina_Malishka
Member since 2008 • 102 Posts
I know, WWE cmon this is rehash 101, cmon
lilhbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 lilhbk
Member since 2004 • 10609 Posts
i wanna see santino winning this rumble. :D
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jackov

Added the WWE Championship to the card.

The announced participants so far in the Royal Rumble Match are.....
Triple H
Big Show
Vladimir Kozlov
Shelton Benjamin
Undertaker

EDIT: Added the Rumble Match too.

SeriousThreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SeriousThreat
Member since 2004 • 1642 Posts
How many times have we seen the snorefest that is Cena vs JBL?
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Link256

How many times have we seen the snorefest that is Cena vs JBL?SeriousThreat
If they were going to have them two wrestler another PPV match, may as well be at Royal Rumble.

Otherwise, anyone but Triple H, or The Undertaker.

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sephy37

the Royal Rumble title matches are usually filler. a chance for someone with a good push, but not a big drawer, to get a title shot so they can save bigger title defenses for bigger PPVs since everyone is buying the Rumble for the rumble, not the undercard.

some exceptions to the rule tho, obviously.

Demonic_Jin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#43 Demonic_Jin
Member since 2005 • 10650 Posts
Plus it's obviously a component of HBK and JBL's terrible, terrible program.
tidus_swain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#44 tidus_swain
Member since 2003 • 10019 Posts
I would love to see John Morrison win the Rumble. Would be crazy for him to get a massive push. I think MVP will lose to wrestlemania and then win MITB.

I think if Shawn wins the Rumble then JBL would have to beat Cena for the title.

Also Santino will Eliminate HHH. If Santino won it would be epic.

wwe4ever_in05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 wwe4ever_in05
JBL is going to lose, HBK is going to win the Rumble, and then when JBL wants Shawns spot the next night, Shawn will give out some Sweet Chin Music to JBL and end his the storyline with himself and JBL.
deanie25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deanie25
Member since 2004 • 14517 Posts
JBL is going to lose, HBK is going to win the Rumble, and then when JBL wants Shawns spot the next night, Shawn will give out some Sweet Chin Music to JBL and end his the storyline with himself and JBL. wwe4ever_in05
the end will come after a match at no way out
Redders1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 Redders1989
Member since 2006 • 13410 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Dude14"]

[QUOTE="trick_man01"]I believe Rey Mysterio holds the record for longest time in a rumble despite being a #2 entry.Demonic_Jin

If Kane can get 7 eliminations this year (chances of that being...), he'll get the record for overall eliminations in the Rumble (Kane currently has 30, Austin currently holds the record at 36).

wwe4ever_in05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 wwe4ever_in05
[QUOTE="Demonic_Jin"][QUOTE="The_Dude14"]

[QUOTE="trick_man01"]I believe Rey Mysterio holds the record for longest time in a rumble despite being a #2 entry.Redders1989

If Kane can get 7 eliminations this year (chances of that being...), he'll get the record for overall eliminations in the Rumble (Kane currently has 30, Austin currently holds the record at 36).

Austin will not lose it this year, It would be nice but it's not going to happen, for Kane. IMO

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 The_Dude14
But Kane doesn't actually eliminate anyone anymore. He just Chokeslams. Since 01, he can't have eliminated more than three people in any individual Rumble.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Link256

And even than, I would not exactly be surprised if Kane retired before he had chance to break that record, at the rate, or non-rate, he is going.

Not that I think Kane will be retiring in the next year or two.