WWE Championship
John Cena vs. CM Punk

20120824_LIGHT_NOC_sheamus_.jpg
World Heavyweight Championship
Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio

Intercontinental Championship
Rey Mysterio vs. Sin Cara vs. The Miz vs. Cody Rhodes

United States Championship
Antonio Cesaro vs. ??? (Winner of the pre-show Battle Royal)

20120910_EP_LIGHT_NOC_Tag_M.jpg
WWE Tag Team Championship
Daniel Bryan & Kane vs. Kofi Kingston & R-Truth

201208230_EP_LIGHT_NOC_kait.jpg
Divas Championship
Layla vs. Kaitlyn

20120910_EP_LIGHT_NOC_presh.jpg
#1 Contendership for the United States Championship - Battle Royal

20120907_EP_LIGHT_NOC-Match.jpg
Randy Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler

------------------------------------------------------------------

A night where every title will be on the line. Yes, a night where the WWE actually cares to place a Divas title match on the card.

Cena's hometown hosts this year's Night of Champions. Will he even be considered to be the #1 contender by CM Punk? (Stupid question since he's in the banner with the title in the background. lol) Speakin' of banner, here's Punk's poster you may like...

noc-2012.jpg

Discuss this upcoming PPV in this thread.

Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts
They should change the name of this PPV soon. In the last couple of years they've swayed away from the whole "every match is a title match" gimmick of the show.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 TruthTellers
Member since 2012 • 3393 Posts
^ Yeah, WWE should bring back Clash of the Champions and have CotC replace NOC.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 pokajabba
Member since 2006 • 4741 Posts
Well, they should just call this particular event this year - Night Of John Cena The event is stupid anyway. We usually get almost every title on the line at each PPV anyway. Only usually without the Diva's belt. F*** you, Cena!
JandSman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JandSman
Member since 2007 • 6703 Posts

Hopefully Orton is properly put into this card, because even if he is leaving sometime in October for a month or so, they should still use him while he is there. Like maybe Del Rio could "injure" him to put heat on Del Rio.

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TruthTellers
WWE's next ppv:
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pokajabba
Ahhhhh, TruthTellers... You always know how to put a smile on my face :D
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jackov
Member since 2003 • 7573 Posts
Added everyone's favorite rivalry to the match list.
Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Razor-Lazor
If they're going to do Sheamus-Del Rio, they better add some sort of gimmick.
JandSman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JandSman
If they're going to do Sheamus-Del Rio, they better add some sort of gimmick.Razor-Lazor
I second this, they should totally make this a Street Fight. As long as they don't do the same stuff as Undertaker-Edge three PPV's in a row of the exact same match.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TruthTellers
If they're going to do Sheamus-Del Rio, they better add some sort of gimmick.Razor-Lazor
This feud sucks. There needs to be something that would make people want to see Sheamus kick the sh!t out of ADR for. Maybe ADR could beat down a certain leprechaun to enrage Sheamus. Either creative makes this feud better or the match at NOC better be less than 10 mins. Put the strap back on Daniel Bryan.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pokajabba
[QUOTE="Razor-Lazor"]If they're going to do Sheamus-Del Rio, they better add some sort of gimmick.TruthTellers
This feud sucks. There needs to be something that would make people want to see Sheamus kick the sh!t out of ADR for. Maybe ADR could beat down a certain leprechaun to enrage Sheamus. Either creative makes this feud better or the match at NOC better be less than 10 mins. Put the strap back on Daniel Bryan.

The way Del Rio is easily injured, then we have a 90% chance the match won't happen anyway.
Demonic_Jin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#14 Demonic_Jin
Member since 2005 • 10650 Posts
The WHC feud has made me so resentful of Sheamus and ADR. After Christian, RKO, Mark Henry and D-Bry made the title interesting again Sheamus' whole reign has been infuriatingly boring.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TruthTellers
...Sheamus' whole reign has been infuriatingly boring. Demonic_Jin
Ah. Just the way Vince likes it.
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jackov
Added Punk vs. Cena for the WWE title. Who'da thunk it?
JandSman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JandSman
[QUOTE="Demonic_Jin"]...Sheamus' whole reign has been infuriatingly boring. TruthTellers

I blame Del Rio more then anything, when he got his one on one feud, Sheamus just didn't do as well.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TruthTellers
Del Rio, along with Sheamus are the two most overpushed stars on the roster. There's a reason nobody is interested in this match: both of these guys have no chemistry. Add that to the fact that Sheamus' face run has been mediocre along with Del Rio, who is such a bland heel, that his ring announcer is more over than he is. This feud may give Cena-Kane a run for the worst feud of the year.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 pokajabba
Del Rio, along with Sheamus are the two most overpushed stars on the roster. There's a reason nobody is interested in this match: both of these guys have no chemistry. Add that to the fact that Sheamus' face run has been mediocre along with Del Rio, who is such a bland heel, that his ring announcer is more over than he is. This feud may give Cena-Kane a run for the worst feud of the year.TruthTellers
100% Agreed
Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Razor-Lazor
I like Sheamus and I like Del Rio but the thought of them wrestling just puts me to sleep. They're two guys who shouldn't be feuding, as it was obvious from the start that they wouldn't work well together. It's a shame that they're doing the match so much when there are so many better choices. I could really get into a Sheamus-Ziggler, Sheamus-Orton, Del Rio-Orton, or Ziggler-Orton feud to carry the brand.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts

I could really get into a Ziggler-Orton feud to carry the brand.Razor-Lazor

This

Demonic_Jin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Demonic_Jin
[QUOTE="TruthTellers"][QUOTE="Demonic_Jin"]...Sheamus' whole reign has been infuriatingly boring. JandSman

I blame Del Rio more then anything, when he got his one on one feud, Sheamus just didn't do as well.

Del Rio seems to be the new Batista, granted much better in the ring, but he's in a title match every PPV and I don't ever know why.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TruthTellers
[QUOTE="JandSman"][QUOTE="TruthTellers"] Ah. Just the way Vince likes it.Demonic_Jin

Del Rio seems to be the new Batista, granted much better in the ring, but he's in a title match every PPV and I don't ever know why.

For the same reasons Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara, Hunico & Camacho are still employed by WWE... for the Pesos amigo. For the Pesos.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TruthTellers
Here's one match I want to see at NOC: Daniel Bryan and Kane vs Kofi and Truth for the Tag titles. I want Kane and Bryan to win and their gimmicks could be that they try their best to win every match, but they don't get angry because if they got angry, AJ would strip them of the belts. That angle alone would bring some attention back to the Tag Team division which, once said attention is received, Vince can have DB and Kane drop the titles to Hornswoggle and The Great Khali as an obvious "I don't give a F*ck what the fans want" middle finger.
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jackov
Added the Divas title match. Will we see a match that'll last more than 5 minutes?
Dark-Messenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#26 Dark-Messenger
Member since 2004 • 798 Posts
They must add a stipulation that ADR and Sheamus must never, ever face each other again after this match.
wdprince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 wdprince
Member since 2005 • 699 Posts

They must add a stipulation that ADR and Sheamus must never, ever face each other again after this match.Dark-Messenger
Haven't had a Last Chance match since Cena/ Edge at Backlash 09. In this case, it's a matter of principle.

Sheamus, whose growing on me is somehow red hot as a face and bland at the same time. Del Rio... is just bland.

It's funny, really if Vince wasn't such a douche to Mark Henry, then we probably wouldn't be going through this now... F***

Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Razor-Lazor
Other than his gimmick, his appearance, the fact that he's a face, his mic work, and his mic work, I really f*cking like Sheamus.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TruthTellers
Other than his gimmick, his appearance, the fact that he's a face, his mic work, and his mic work, I really f*cking like Sheamus.Razor-Lazor
There was a point sometime last year before Punk's worked shoot that I considered Sheamus to be the main event guy getting the short end of the stick. Now, I think Sheamus is the most overpushed wrestler on the roster. Just look at his ppv win/loss record this year and how he's been champ for 5 months with no real good matches except for Daniel Bryan at EC.
Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Razor-Lazor
The Extreme Rules match was amazing. His matches with Orton in summer of 2010 ruled, too.
Demonic_Jin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Demonic_Jin
Imagine if Sheamus was the one to get crowds to chant "YES" for over three months, or if fans chanted "We want Sheamus" like they chanted for Ryder for so long. WWE would be all over that sh*t. To me the Sheamus and Del Rio feud is the embodiment of WWE pushing who they want to regardless of the reaction, or lack thereof, they get from fans.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 pokajabba
Sheamus, could end up being the new Cena. WWE pushed him to be someone who he's not, which divided the crowd. They really need to find something that makes people WANT to cheer for him. Like consistently having great matches and not acting oblivious to the crowd reactions.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TruthTellers
The difference between Sheamus and Cena is that Sheamus has more than 5 moves of doom; I think he's got like 15 moves of doom actually. I could see WWE pushing Sheamus into their movies sometime in the future. Sheamus' first role could be as an Irish Mob enforcer who is betrayed by his supposed best friend and is left for dead on a shakedown where things go terribly wrong. So, Sheamus' character gets revenge the only way he knows how... becoming a super hero known as "Gingerman" and putting the Irish mob out of business for good. The movie could be called "Gingerman Begins".
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 pokajabba
Then the next push would be for him to have some crazy arch nemesis, who try's and gets other wrestlers to show their true colours. Whether it being that they are actually heels, or would remain face, as long as he causes enough anarchy, it wouldn't matter to him. 'Gingerman' would be the only 'face' to 'face' up to him (Haha get it!). He would eventually show that the other wrestlers are not as sick and pathetic as, 'The Jobber' (Yea, that's right. That's what I'm calling the villain, since he would start out jobbing and would become a super jobber). It boils down to every wrestler standing in the ring, steel chairs in hand and whether they would 'USE' the chairs to beat their opponents. Which would make them win the match (No DQ's), but ultimately lose their 'face' value. They all pick the right choice though, which angers 'The Jobber', who ends up facing 'Gingerman' at Wrestlemania. In a 'No Holds Barred' match for the WHC. Will 'Gingerman' overcome himself, and beat 'The Jobber' as cleanly as possible, or will he punish 'The Jobber' as much as possible, thus losing his face reputation. Find out next Summer. This angle, would be called - 'The White Knight'
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TruthTellers
No, that angle would be called The Great White Knight. Anyway, who would you classify as a "super jobber?" And what is the definition of a "super jobber?"
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 pokajabba
No, that angle would be called The Great White Knight. Anyway, who would you classify as a "super jobber?" And what is the definition of a "super jobber?"TruthTellers
Chris Jericho
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TruthTellers
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! No he didn't. Well Jericho is playing that role this year so, you just told everybody some truths. Good job grasshopper.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 pokajabba
My inspiration comes from you.
Dark-Messenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#39 Dark-Messenger
Member since 2004 • 798 Posts
Now how will Sheamus overcome the odds with his finisher banned? By making ADR tapout to the Cloverleaf.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TruthTellers
Which I'm sure Micheal Cole has never seen before... Sheamus using the cloverleaf.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TruthTellers
My inspiration comes from you.pokajabba
COME TO ME MY BABIES! Let me quell your pain.
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jackov
Added new matches to the card. Still waitin' on those "HEY!" chants for Antonio.
Jackov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jackov
Added the IC title match. Who'll win?
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
"Can't wait for Sheamus vs Alberto Del Rio!" ~Nobody I don't think I'll even bother watching this ppv
Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Razor-Lazor
I don't know how they did it, but WWE has made me lose all interest in Punk-Cena.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
I know how they did it. "You've had that title for 10 months now, but you've been lucky for those entire 10 months! I was distracted by things such as wrestling in the biggest match of all-time at Wrestlemania - the only reason you even have that title is because I've been doing other things. Now I'm here to claim what is rightfully mine." I'm not looking forward to the outcome of that match.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TruthTellers
If this Punk-Cena match is to be as epic or even more epic than the one at MITB 2011, there will have to be a double turn.
Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Razor-Lazor
If this Punk-Cena match is to be as epic or even more epic than the one at MITB 2011, there will have to be a double turn.TruthTellers
It won't happen, but it would probably work fairly well. I'm sure there's some way they could get to turn all of the kids against Cena, and people are going to always cheer Punk, regardless of whether he's a face or a heel. Cena cheating Punk out of the title would add a ton of heat on Cena. Plus, heel Cena as WWE Champion could be really entertaining.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TruthTellers
[QUOTE="TruthTellers"]If this Punk-Cena match is to be as epic or even more epic than the one at MITB 2011, there will have to be a double turn.Razor-Lazor
It won't happen, but it would probably work fairly well. I'm sure there's some way they could get to turn all of the kids against Cena, and people are going to always cheer Punk, regardless of whether he's a face or a heel. Cena cheating Punk out of the title would add a ton of heat on Cena. Plus, heel Cena as WWE Champion could be really entertaining.

Another way to turn Cena heel would be a fingerpoke of doom situation. Cena lays down and lets Punk pin him and joins the Heyman, Punk, Lesnar stable. After all, Cena beat Lesnar making him a formidable opponent so Heyman promises Cena a lot of money to join his stable and Cena accepts. Only reason this will never happen is there's nobody that this stable could feud really. Except maybe Rock, HHH, Undertaker, Sheamus, Orton, and Jericho of which most of that list is guys who wrestle part time.
Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Razor-Lazor
The problem with that scenario is that it would be fresh, entertaining, and ballsy. Three things that WWE has stopped being lately.