sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson turned down an offer from WWE to host an episode of Raw. Originally, WWE wanted to bring The Rock in to host next week's Raw, which is going head-to-head, for the first time, with UFC. WWE wanted to combat that competition with a strong guest host, however The Rock reportedly turned down the offer as he apparently has no interest in hosting Raw. WWE is still pushing, however, to bring The Rock into the company for a match against John Cena at WrestleMania.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/report-dwayne-the-rock-johnson-turns-down-wwe-offer-93707

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

Shame.

Mike Tyson, however, is a fine second choice, in terms of star power.

-Fromage-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 -Fromage-
Member since 2009 • 10572 Posts
No interest in hosting Raw for that date, or at all? He even said he would do it on Smackdown.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts
No interest in hosting Raw for that date, or at all? He even said he would do it on Smackdown.-Fromage-
It would not be the first time in wrestling something is teased/implied/announced, only to not happen later.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts
True, I never got to see Joe vs. Ki for the title :(
Viper_GTS-R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Viper_GTS-R
Member since 2004 • 4454 Posts
Nice going, he has a movie releasing soon it would have been a good idea to go and promote it.....he has become so ungrateful the wwe and the fans made him and he's turning them away so he can make some b type movies.....sad, still would love to see him going against Cena or someone at WM but if he turned away a chance to guest host under those circumstances I highly doubt it he's gonna go back to the WWE.
Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts
Wow. I would have much rather seen the Rock as host when i'm going to be there. =-( I'm also surprised that he would not want to promote his horrible disney movies.
-CoMBaT-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 -CoMBaT-
Member since 2004 • 1347 Posts
There's probably reasoning behind this that we don't know about. This is sad though. I was really looking forward to him hosting, he even pretty much said he would. :( Although, I know it was part of the script...
trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 trick_man01
Member since 2003 • 11441 Posts
Rock is a donkey for mentioning himself as a potential to guest host if he had no intentions of doing it.
TRIPLE_T83242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 TRIPLE_T83242
Member since 2006 • 365 Posts
The sock is a sell out to all wrestling fans!!! He dosen't even make action movies for his fans to see, just little kid movies.
Demonic_Jin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#11 Demonic_Jin
Member since 2005 • 10650 Posts
If he doesn't want to guest host, how do they honestly think they'll get him to return for a match at Wrestlemania?
SoulNefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SoulNefarious
Member since 2009 • 1134 Posts

If he doesn't want to guest host, how do they honestly think they'll get him to return for a match at Wrestlemania? Demonic_Jin

Money money money!!!

Avatar image for Big_Sid_Vicious
Big_Sid_Vicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Big_Sid_Vicious
Member since 2005 • 485 Posts

Does he not realize he's slapping his "millions ... and millions" of fans in the face, not the WWE? I'll explain why that's bad for him. The only reason people watch his movies, is because they are fans of "The Rock", not dwane johnson! So by turning your millions and millions into maybe hundreds and hundreds, or dozens ... AND DOZENS, because you don't care about what they want, suddenly nobody cares about your movies, and you're movie career is over! Wrestling isn't the only career path that you need to keep your fans happy with! Movies are the same, if nobody likes you, then nobody buys tickets to, or DVDs of, your movies, IF YA SMELLLLLLLALALALALAOOOOOOO, nevermind.

I hope he does go back and fight Cena at Wrestlemania. I'm sure the only way he'll come back is if they LET HIM WIN. But I hope Cena gives him the Rock Bottom, and PEOPLE'S Elbow, not the Selfish, Egotistical, Think for yourseler's Elbow, and the ref rings the bell, raising Cena's hand in victory! Or maybe Cena breaks the dwayne's legs, yeah!

-CoMBaT-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 -CoMBaT-
Member since 2004 • 1347 Posts
Getting pretty crazy in this thread. Especially considering that nobody really knows the full story as to why he doesn't want to host. Lots of assumptions are being made. Meanwhile, things and people like Vince McMahon are being overlooked.