TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TruthTellers
Member since 2012 • 3393 Posts
In my opinion it's Manami Toyota vs. Aja Kong on November 20, 1994. This match has some of the sickest piledrivers ever seen, a missle dropkick from the top rope to the floor, and a move known as the Victory Star Drop. A must see match for any hardcore or casual pro wrestling fan. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieWAJ9heBvE (match starts at about 7 mins) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdDkWdkbWZA (match starts right away. 2 part video)
birdman1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 birdman1414
Member since 2003 • 3317 Posts
OUCH! that is one of the stiffest rings ive seen in a while.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts

Nah, if I remember my dates right, Toyota had a better match a week later (a 5* match). Plus, that isn't even in the top 3 matches on the show. That tournament and non-tourny matches are full of amazing stuff. Have you seen the show or did you just randomly find that on youtube when trying to find ways to prove your superiority and be even more hipster.

Plus, when talking best Joshi matches, if its not on Dreamslam, your opinion is usually wrong.

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TruthTellers
This match was also a 5 star match. I've seen a couple of matches from Dreamslam 1&2, but I don't have an internet connection that allows me to watch 10+ HOURS of video.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 pokajabba
Member since 2006 • 4741 Posts
People throw 5 stars around here, like they would with used tissue, after talking about how 'hot' the Diva's are...
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TruthTellers
This thread was created not to discuss five star matches OR how attractive the WWE divas are. It was created to discuss and increase awareness of great women's wrestling matches. Having said that, when it comes to the WWE divas, the only thing I can focus on about them is their hot bodies because the divas either don't have any wrestling ability (Kelly Kelly/Alicia Fox) or they are not given enough time to perform (Beth Phoenix/Natalya).
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pokajabba
[QUOTE="TruthTellers"]This thread was created not to discuss five star matches OR how attractive the WWE divas are. It was created to discuss and increase awareness of great women's wrestling matches. Having said that, when it comes to the WWE divas, the only thing I can focus on about them is their hot bodies because the divas either don't have any wrestling ability (Kelly Kelly/Alicia Fox) or they are not given enough time to perform (Beth Phoenix/Natalya).

For someone who said the topic is not about 'talking about 5 star matches', you sure as hell mentioned it yourself before I said anything lol.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TruthTellers
Yeah, but only because Puro hipster sephy brought it up. I'll take that back; if we want to talk about 5 star matches fine. But only women's matches that are 5 star matches.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pokajabba
That's because Sephy is a silly, silly pumpkin head :P. I haven't watched this match yet, so I'll give my verdict when I have watched it. Also, in the WWE, I have never seen a 5 star woman match. I have seen damn good house show woman matches though. I think the best one I have seen, I would give 4 stars.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TruthTellers
How long did that Diva's match last? 4 mins? I think for each minute a diva's match lasts, it gets 1 star.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TruthTellers
I think for each minute a diva's match lasts, it gets 1 star.TruthTellers
So, you're probably thinking: "In TruthTellers' mind if a Diva's match lasts 5 mins, it's a 5 star match." No. Because every Diva's match starts at -50 stars, meaning that for a Diva's match to even be a zero star match, it has to last almost an hour.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pokajabba
Lol, I wasn't jumping to conclusions XD.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pokajabba
The match was great. It did suffer from 'same old move' syndrome, slightly with the Aja Kong chick at the begining. I was also dissapointed in the god awful amount of screaming within the first 10 minutes. I've seen tons of woman matches outside WWE, where the woman only really make a noise when picking up a bigger opponent. Toyota almost gave me a headache with it though lol. Overall - *** 1/2 stars. I mean for a woman's match its about ****, but I judge all matches based on the quality the Men can do, since I KNOW woman can wrestle just as well as them outside the WWE. I took half a star away for the god awful screaming though, since I didn't expect it to be THAT bad to be honest lol.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TruthTellers
That's one of the main parts of Joshi wrestling. I turn the sound on low to lessen the bleeding in my ears. But, come on. Victory Star Drop. Was that not the greatest spot of the match?
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pokajabba

You have to account that THAT was my initial reaction review. Watched it again this morning and I probably would give it **** stars over time. The Victory Star Drop was BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL, since she landed on her kneck/Back Of Head!

You have to also take into account, that I am absolutely strict with my star ratings. Most people on here would give CM Punk vs John Cena 5 stars, but I merely give it **** 1/2 stars. Same can be said to highly regarded ROH matches.

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TruthTellers
You have to admit that that's better than pretty much every divas match. I mean for women to be given 20 mins, even in an all women's wrestling promotion, is a decent amount of time.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pokajabba
True, but you will never see me give a Diva's Match; higher than 2 stars. So me giving that woman's match a 3 1/2 - 4 star rating, is actually a massive compliment as far as my scores go lol.
KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts

I'm back guys!!! I was thinking about this place awhile back and now makes my return. Things around here sure have changed... I can't say I have seen every women's wrestling matches, but I was just recently watching some earlier stuff when Alundra Blayze was facing Bull Nakano and the one on RAW that they had was a fantastic match.

For anything recently past memories, I'd go with Trish Stratus vs. Jazz vs. Victoria at WM XIX being one of my favorite matches from the Women's Division of that time.