- - -

US Championship:

Chris Benoit(C) Vs. Orlando Jordan

- - -

Steel Cage Match:

Eddie Guerrero Vs. Rey Mysterio

- - -

Preview:

SmackDown! will begin a new era when the program comes to Friday nights starting Sept. 9.

And the inaugural Friday night show has all the appearances of being the biggest SmackDown! in history.

Among the major matches scheduled, World Heavyweight Champion Batista will defend his championship against JBL in a Bull Rope Match. Remember, JBL won the WWE Championship in a Bull Rope Match last year against Eddie Guerrero.

Meanwhile, Eddie Guerrero will get yet another chance to defeat Rey Mysterio, but this time it will be in a Steel Cage Match.

Also, the WWE Tag Team Championship will be on the line when Heidenreich and Road Warrior Animal of Legion of Doom take on MNM.

Plus, Orlando Jordan, who has tapped out to Chris Benoit’s Crippler Crossface in less than 30 seconds the last two times they wrestled, will get another chance to win back the United States Championship he lost at SummerSlam.

- - -

Make predictions, dicussed and just have fun.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

Well...Rematch City Friday Night or I mean....uhhh......Friday Night SmackDown is looking about average. I mean, do we really need to have that many rematches (with some of them being rematches of rematches and so on)? :?

IMHO, WWE missed there chance with that card, as all of the matches are rematches and all of the matches are the usually things you get on Thursday Nights (way too typical). Friday Night SmackDown should have started with a bang, they should have given us matches that different from the norm (such having a face vs. face match and etc) and they should have really shown us fans that SmackDown on Friday Night will be different. Instead, we are left with mostly a SummerSlam rehash (and average looking one if that). :|

I am not shocked or anything, but I am simply pointing at that WWE missed there chance to have a fresh start with the move to Friday Nights.

keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 keiblerfan69
Member since 2004 • 15237 Posts
very true but that cage match is gonna rule. but if JBL wins the title i think it will ruin the whole night. also i think benoit might lose
Avatar image for Biggestgeekever
Biggestgeekever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Biggestgeekever
Member since 2004 • 10520 Posts
Ic an't wait till Benoit beats OJ in 17 seconds flat.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Link256

very true but that cage match is gonna rule. but if JBL wins the title i think it will ruin the whole night. also i think benoit might losekeiblerfan69

Here is what I think could and might happen: Batista is about to win the match, but JBL cheats and get the advatage. At this point, it look as if JBL will win and become the new WHW Champion, but Eddie comes down and screws JBL. Batista is the winner of the match and is still the WHW Champion.

The crowd cheers for Eddie, appearces as if Eddie has turned face, but after the match is over...Eddie is helping Batista to his feet and than knocks him back down (with the crowd realizing he has not turned face and starts to boo him). Eddie beats down Batista with a steel chair and this would set-up a match between the two for No Mercy.

Why would Eddie help Batista? 1) Revenge against JBL and 2) Has somekind of score to settle with Batista. Something along the lines of he is jearlious of Batista's life and popuarlity, he wants to take that away from, by becoming the new World HW Champion at No Mercy.

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts

Thanks for doing the thread keib! ;)

Here is the SD! Official Wallpaper...

http://repository.wwe.com/wallpaper/fns800.html

- - -

I hope this SD! gets a lot of feedback in here.

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hbk91

My predictions...

World Heavyweight Championship Bull Rope Match: Batista

WWE Tag Team Championships: MNM

US Championship: Chris Benoit

Steel Cage Match: Eddie Guerrero

nellyg619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 nellyg619
Member since 2004 • 6832 Posts
Too many rematchs. I wanna see some new feuds and stuff
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

Here is what I think could and might happen: Batista is about to win the match, but JBL cheats and get the advatage. At this point, it look as if JBL will win and become the new WHW Champion, but Eddie comes down and screws JBL. Batista is the winner of the match and is still the WHW Champion.

The crowd cheers for Eddie, appearces as if Eddie has turned face, but after the match is over...Eddie is helping Batista to his feet and than knocks him back down (with the crowd realizing he has not turned face and starts to boo him). Eddie beats down Batista with a steel chair and this would set-up a match between the two for No Mercy.

Why would Eddie help Batista? 1) Revenge against JBL and 2) Has somekind of score to settle with Batista. Something along the lines of he is jearlious of Batista's life and popuarlity, he wants to take that away from, by becoming the new World HW Champion at No Mercy.

Link256

I honestly think that they'll have the Title match go down clean. Eddie might attack Batista post match, but I really think Batista will beat JBL without help. I'm hoping WWE will pull out some kind of gimmick to determine a #1 contender, as opposed to just naming Eddie after an attack. Like a Tournament or Qualifying matches for a big Elimination match. Eddie needs to be made to look like championship material again, and one potential win over Mysterio just doesn't do that, especially after losing, like, 27 straight matches to Rey.

You've really got to feel bad for the people who paid to see the GAB. We have/will seen rematches of every match on that card for free on TV. Most of the rematches were/will probably better than the PPV matches, too.

I had the opportunity to go to this Smackdown taping, but chose to use that money to buy 4 ROH DVDs. I stand by that decision, regardless of how the night turns out. If JBL wins the title, my decision will look prophetic, because I'd probably give up on Smackdown if my second Smackdown live show ended with JBL being champion, again.

johneller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 johneller
Member since 2005 • 350 Posts
i cant wate for eddie and rey in a steel cage match! and whats a bull rope match?...
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hbk91
It's basically when the two will be tied together via rope and in order to win, one of them must touch all four ring posts consecutively. Pretty violent match up too...
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_Dude14
i cant wate for eddie and rey in a steel cage match! and whats a bull rope match?...johneller
The opponents are tied together by a bullrope at the wrist, I believe. The goal of the match is to touch each of the four turnbuckles consecutively without being interrupted by your opponent, or at least that's how I remember it.
tripleryan2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 tripleryan2004
Member since 2004 • 2431 Posts

Well...Rematch City Friday Night or I mean....uhhh......Friday Night SmackDown is looking about average. I mean, do we really need to have that many rematches (with some of them being rematches of rematches and so on)? :?

IMHO, WWE missed there chance with that card, as all of the matches are rematches and all of the matches are the usually things you get on Thursday Nights (way too typical). Friday Night SmackDown should have started with a bang, they should have given us matches that different from the norm (such having a face vs. face match and etc) and they should have really shown us fans that SmackDown on Friday Night will be different. Instead, we are left with mostly a SummerSlam rehash (and average looking one if that). :|

I am not shocked or anything, but I am simply pointing at that WWE missed there chance to have a fresh start with the move to Friday Nights.

Link256

*Cough* Orlando Jordan and Benoit match *cough* *cough* JBL vs. Batista No. 43245235564 *cough*... God that cold is horrible these days.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Link256

I honestly think that they'll have the Title match go down clean. Eddie might attack Batista post match, but I really think Batista will beat JBL without help. I'm hoping WWE will pull out some kind of gimmick to determine a #1 contender, as opposed to just naming Eddie after an attack. Like a Tournament or Qualifying matches for a big Elimination match. Eddie needs to be made to look like championship material again, and one potential win over Mysterio just doesn't do that, especially after losing, like, 27 straight matches to Rey.

You've really got to feel bad for the people who paid to see the GAB. We have/will seen rematches of every match on that card for free on TV. Most of the rematches were/will probably better than the PPV matches, too.

I had the opportunity to go to this Smackdown taping, but chose to use that money to buy 4 ROH DVDs. I stand by that decision, regardless of how the night turns out. If JBL wins the title, my decision will look prophetic, because I'd probably give up on Smackdown if my second Smackdown live show ended with JBL being champion, again.

The_Dude14

You are probably right, but I thought I would throw out the idea on the table while I was thinking abou it. I was not saying it is was neither a good or bad idea, but I was simply saying it was something I think could happen next week.

I know, I feel sorry for the people that paided for GAB as well (I am not one them). As you said, we will get to see all of those matches on SmackDown for free and most or all them will probably better than the original GAB event.

Yeah, Eddie has to searioulsy recover after being the job-king for Rey-Rey. Somekind of Tournament or Qualifying matches would be good idea, as Eddie needs to look strong again and be looking like Championship material, instead of coming off as lucky SOB who got a tittle shot and only got it because he attacked Batista.

andremafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 andremafia
Member since 2005 • 874 Posts
JBL won the wwe title in a bull rope match right?
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Link256

JBL won the wwe title in a bull rope match right?andremafia

Correct. Sadly, he won the WWE Championship against Eddie at Great American Bash 2004, in four-corners bull-rope match.

shoot_em_up123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 shoot_em_up123
Member since 2004 • 11074 Posts
This actual sounds pretty good. It is better than the GAB!! :lol:
KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts

Friday Night Smackdown! looks to take shape. Not only do I think they will have a new set, this night will be a strong ratings to start. Look at the line-up:

World Heavyweight Championship Match: Batista vs. JBL in a Bullrope Match. I think Batista will win this one fair and square. Afterward, Eddie Guerrero attacks the champ.

United States Championship: Chris Beniot vs. Orlando Jordon. I say this match will last longer, as opposed to beating a time-record. It will showcase what these two men can do given the opportunity as granted.

Steel Cage Match: Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio. This match will steal the show. Not only will Eddie Guerrero finally wins, it will submit him into the main event picture come No Mercy.

WWE Tag Team Championship: LOD vs. MNM. I think its the end of the LOD title reign, and new Tag Team Champion is crown thanks to the assist of Jillian and Melina!

Randy Orton will be shutting his mouth once the Undertaker returns to destroy him and his father.

I think more matches will be added, and I hope the Cruiserweights get some action to start off Friday Night! I want to see a Crusierweight Open Elimination Match which feature: Nunzio (c) vs. Paul London vs. Brian Kendricks vs. Psicosis vs. Juventud vs. Super Crazy vs. Scotty Too Hotty vs. Funaki

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_Dude14

I think more matches will be added, and I hope the Cruiserweights get some action to start off Friday Night! I want to see a Crusierweight Open Elimination Match which feature: Nunzio (c) vs. Paul London vs. Brian Kendricks vs. Psicosis vs. Juventud vs. Super Crazy vs. Scotty Too Hotty vs. Funaki

KevyR

I've got two problems with this match. 1. Who'd be on Velocity? 2. Given WWE's history with these type of matches and the amount of other stuff they have on the card, WWE'd probably give the match under 5 minutes, meaning the champ, Nunzio, London, Crazy, and Funaki will get a maximum of 20 seconds each before they are eliminated, while Scotty scores the win.

If WWE wants to do a CW Title match, go with a 1 on 1 or Triple Threat Match, IMO.

KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KevyR
I respect with what your saying. Let's hope we get an awesome Crusierweight Championship Match on Friday Night Smackdown!
Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kotenks
Member since 2004 • 8519 Posts
I have decided that Smackdown is the Minor leagues compared to RAW so I will stop watching Smackdown.
Kitanya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kitanya
Member since 2003 • 2359 Posts
I might go to this taping, because it would be cool to see the first ever FNSD!
I might, I'll see if I can.
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hbk91
When do the tickets go on sale?
Kitanya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Kitanya
When do the tickets go on sale?hbk91

They've been on sale for a month now. But good seats are always left. I just want to get on the tv side.
Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chicago_Nut
Member since 2005 • 7205 Posts
I cant wait for the cage match, this will be the match of the night for sure.
DaffyDuck13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DaffyDuck13
Member since 2004 • 1617 Posts
I can't wait For JBL to be Busted open Again:lol:
Kitanya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Kitanya
I'm going to SD! this Tuesday! Yay! What signs should I make. Oh yeah it can't be- "_____ Sucks* because when I went to Armageddon 2004, they took away my you suck sign.
I might bring "hbk91 pwns" that would be awesome.
Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chicago_Nut
I'm going to SD! this Tuesday! Yay! What signs should I make. Oh yeah it can't be- "_____ Sucks* because when I went to Armageddon 2004, they took away my you suck sign.
Kitanya
Get a sign that says "Eddie is my papi"
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 keiblerfan69
[QUOTE="Kitanya"]I'm going to SD! this Tuesday! Yay! What signs should I make. Oh yeah it can't be- "_____ Sucks* because when I went to Armageddon 2004, they took away my you suck sign.
Chicago_Nut

thats been done before. do a " Stacy can I measure your Legs?" sign
Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Chicago_Nut
[QUOTE="Chicago_Nut"][QUOTE="Kitanya"]I'm going to SD! this Tuesday! Yay! What signs should I make. Oh yeah it can't be- "_____ Sucks* because when I went to Armageddon 2004, they took away my you suck sign.
keiblerfan69

How about "keiblerfan is an addict to Stacy" :P
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 keiblerfan69
[QUOTE="keiblerfan69"][QUOTE="Chicago_Nut"][QUOTE="Kitanya"]I'm going to SD! this Tuesday! Yay! What signs should I make. Oh yeah it can't be- "_____ Sucks* because when I went to Armageddon 2004, they took away my you suck sign.
Chicago_Nut

How about "keiblerfan is an addict to Stacy" :P

haha. that would be great and very true.
KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KevyR
I wonder what new set they will come up with.
KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KevyR
WWE SmackDown! Not To Air Next FridayDate Added: September 02, 2005
Story By: Ben Johnson

According to several press releases issued Friday, all six networks (CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC, WB and UPN) will air "Shelter From The Storm: A Concert For The Gulf Coast." The hourlong, commercial-free special will attempt to draw donations for the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

Unless WWE prepares a one-hour edition of Friday Night SmackDown, there is no way UPN could air the show on Friday night. Specific plans for the show are not yet known, however, as UPN's press release made no mention of preemptions.

Interestingly enough, there are plenty of opportunities for UPN to air SmackDown. Because its fall schedule - other than the WWE show - does not kick off until 9/19, UPN can theoretically air the first "Friday" edition of SmackDown! on Thursday the 8th or Thursday the 15th, in addition to many other timeslots.

Expect a further update regarding this story shortly

Man this is going to suck! I guess most of us were anticapating this show, but now that the concert will air, what will happen then?!

Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kotenks
I have one. Bring a permanent marker and giant paper than fold it up n your pocket so they can't take it then write," TNA> WWE" Then when they try to take it away, just let you r trained monkeys do the rest, you do have tained monkeys right? *this post was ignored*
andremafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35 andremafia
Member since 2005 • 874 Posts
WWE SmackDown! Not To Air Next FridayDate Added: September 02, 2005
Story By: Ben Johnson

According to several press releases issued Friday, all six networks (CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC, WB and UPN) will air "Shelter From The Storm: A Concert For The Gulf Coast." The hourlong, commercial-free special will attempt to draw donations for the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

Unless WWE prepares a one-hour edition of Friday Night SmackDown, there is no way UPN could air the show on Friday night. Specific plans for the show are not yet known, however, as UPN's press release made no mention of preemptions.

Interestingly enough, there are plenty of opportunities for UPN to air SmackDown. Because its fall schedule - other than the WWE show - does not kick off until 9/19, UPN can theoretically air the first "Friday" edition of SmackDown! on Thursday the 8th or Thursday the 15th, in addition to many other timeslots.

Expect a further update regarding this story shortly

Man this is going to suck! I guess most of us were anticapating this show, but now that the concert will air, what will happen then?!

KevyR

We'll miss some smackdown action?

welshcaza12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 welshcaza12
Member since 2005 • 5746 Posts
i wonder if smackdown will ever go to Cardiff ?
dRehkJY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dRehkJY
Member since 2004 • 14258 Posts
How about "dRehkJY says bring back Gangrel otherwise He's gonna suck ya blood"
Kitanya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Kitanya
I might do the whole TNA>WWE thing.
Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Kotenks
if i ever go to A RAW i will make sure that there are alot of people who will listen to me and we will start to shout out TNA and Hogan Sucks
Avatar image for Dark_NoobSaibot
Dark_NoobSaibot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Dark_NoobSaibot
Member since 2005 • 3049 Posts
May I ask, HOW are they gonna cram all these matches in ONE HOUR?
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hbk91
Yeah it is all confusing now... :?
Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Chicago_Nut
I know how to put it in 1 hour. Get Benoit to beat OJ in 20 seconds, Heidenmal beats MNM like random jobbers, and JBL vs Batista is a short match, and 30 minutes for the cage!!!
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hbk91
But what about the retirement fund for Taker by Orton? :o
Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Chicago_Nut
But what about the retirement fund for Taker by Orton? :ohbk91
Well then thats just messed up. UPN has to get this straightened out, otherwise we are gonna have a TON of angry people. I mean if this happened on a normal Smackdown it would've been ok, but if it has a PPV card, then its not ok at all.
KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 KevyR
Okay, I just check my TV Guide Preview, and it list as being one hour. I hope they can do something about this because SD! debut on Friday would suck cuz they have to rushed everything in one hour. I want to lengthy matches, especially the Cage Match.
Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Chicago_Nut
I am so angry right now about this. For the love of god UPN, you're nothing without Smackdown so dont ruin it.
Avatar image for distrbdslipsoad
distrbdslipsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 distrbdslipsoad
Member since 2004 • 17458 Posts

I am so angry right now about this. For the love of god UPN, you're nothing without Smackdown so dont ruin it.Chicago_Nut

and the hurricane program is being aired on 5 other networks :|

KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 KevyR

[QUOTE="Chicago_Nut"]I am so angry right now about this. For the love of god UPN, you're nothing without Smackdown so dont ruin it.distrbdslipsoad

I hope UPN opt not to air the concert since other networks are airing it. People would like to see something besides this concert. I know its to help the victim of the Hurricane, but I would like some entertainment on Friday NIght!

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hbk91
It's listed as 2 hours here in the UK on Sky...
dRehkJY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dRehkJY
Member since 2004 • 14258 Posts
[QUOTE="distrbdslipsoad"]

[QUOTE="Chicago_Nut"]I am so angry right now about this. For the love of god UPN, you're nothing without Smackdown so dont ruin it.KevyR

I hope UPN opt not to air the concert since other networks are airing it. People would like to see something besides this concert. I know its to help the victim of the Hurricane, but I would like some entertainment on Friday NIght!

From what people on Gamefaqs have said, if you have UPN, you have all those other networks :| Well, just as long as Sky Sports has it, I am happy. And where was UPN with a concert for the Tsunami?