Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

Matches announced so far:
WWE Championship Match - WWE Champion (presumably CM Punk) vs Dwayne Johnson

There will probably also be a Royal Rumble match.

What do you want to see at the Royal Rumble? Any surprise entrants you're hoping for?
Hard mode for TruthTellers: Any surprise entrants you're hoping for that aren't Japanese?

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JML897
I have a feeling John Cena will win the Royal Rumble match itself to set up Cena/Rock 2. It's a boring choice for a winner, but I can't really think of many others that would make sense. Dolph would make sense but he already has MITB and probably won't cash it in before RR.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TruthTellers
Member since 2012 • 3393 Posts
Hard mode for TruthTellers: Any surprise entrants you're hoping for that aren't Japanese? JML897
I'd have to say Kharma, Samoa Joe, Vader, Sting, John Laurinaitis, The Godfather, Eugene, New Jack, and Luke Skywalker.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TruthTellers
As for the Japanese participants, I want to see Tajiri, Taka Michinoku, Funaki, Jushin Liger, Great Sasuke, Jun Akiyama, Keiji Mutoh, Kota Ibushi, Toshiaki Kawada, Kensuke Sasaki, Hiroshi Hase, Ultimo Dragon, Manami Toyota, and my imaginary girlfriend Syuri Kondo... and my other imaginary girlfriend Kana... and my other imaginary girlfriend Makoto. BUT, if there are no Japanese entrants, I'm not buying the ppv.
ToTheBank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 ToTheBank
Member since 2004 • 4471 Posts

Always fun to see the special entrants... maybe this is where those mentioned "returning midcarders" come into play

My buddies are all HUGE Rock fans and constantly berate me for being such a loyal Punk fan... This may be the best or worst PPV EVVVVVVVEERRR... no doubt, it'll be fun... Will Punk get a good wrestling match out of Rock? We all know the atmosphere will be fantastic 

Norrie91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Norrie91
Member since 2009 • 2444 Posts

I'm praying that they suprise us and let Punk win, that would be awesome!

pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 pokajabba
Member since 2006 • 4741 Posts
Chris Jericho still deserves to win, so I'm hoping he gets to be a surprise entrant. A realistic choice would probably be John Cena or Ryback. BTW, who is setting up the Royal Rumble game this year?
Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Razor-Lazor
Member since 2009 • 12763 Posts
I really should not be buying a non-WrestleMania PPV any time soon given all of the money I have spent in the last two weeks...but I really do want to see Punk-Rock and the Rumble. I'm doing it.
ToTheBank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ToTheBank

I really should not be buying a non-WrestleMania PPV any time soon given all of the money I have spent in the last two weeks...but I really do want to see Punk-Rock and the Rumble. I'm doing it.Razor-Lazor

That a baby!!! 

pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 pokajabba
I might buy it, depending on how well the lead up to Punk vs Rock is done and what wrestlers are officially in the Rumble match.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TruthTellers
I really, REALLY want to buy this and watch it live, but I'm probably gonna be away from home on a business trip. So, I probably won't get to watch this. stupid f*ckin job.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pokajabba
So not only is your job taking up enough of your life as it is, but now they are literally kidnapping you. Well at least you don't have to worry about Cryceaye giving you any viruses I suppose ;)
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TruthTellers
I predict that Sheamus will win the Royal Rumble, continuing his mega-push.
Dark_Hylian8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dark_Hylian8
Member since 2005 • 6711 Posts

Cena wins Rumble, faces Ziggler for WHC

or

Chris Jericho returns to win, faces Dolph Ziggler for WHC

or

Camacho wins, faces Undertaker, ends the streak.

I'm banking on Camacho. 

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TruthTellers
^ Didn't he just die from being shot in the head?
ToTheBank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ToTheBank

The Deadmanvs. The dead...man...?

The Cena win to set up a Cena/Ziggles WM match sounds like a winner to me

i dont care though...PUNK vs. ROCK

Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Razor-Lazor
There's no way it will be Cena-Ziggler at Mania. Aside from the fact that they just had Cena destroy Ziggler in the opening match of Raw, Cena-Ziggler would be so disappointing. Ziggler has been holding onto the briefcase for over half a year, and him winning the title should be meaningful and therefore last longer than a month or two. Because, let's face it. Cena has lost two years in a row at WrestleMania. He will win whatever he's in this year.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 pokajabba
It might be Ziggler vs Rock at Wrestlemania. I have a feeling Ziggler will cash in on The Rock, that is 'if' The Rock wins. If The Rock doesn't win then Ziggler may cash in on Punk and face him at Wrestlemania.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TruthTellers
I don't understand all the fuss about being no. 1 in the Royal Rumble and winning. I mean, being no. 2 and winning is just as impressive because really no. 1 and 2 would spend the same amount of time throughout the Rumble. Sorry, marking out about the Royal Rumble; it used to be my favorite match as a kid.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JML897
^yeah I've always thought the same thing. If anything #2 is slightly more "impressive" because #1 is in the ring waiting and ready by the time #2 enters
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#21 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Dolph can win the RR, and have the possiblity to win both major titles.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts

1. CM Punk is retaining

2. Super Sheamus is winning the Rumble (dirtsheetz~!)

3. BEST IN THE WORLD!

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sephy37
Oh and I'm buying it.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 pokajabba

Looks like it is now official who will win out of CM Punk and The Rock at the Royal Rumble. Don't read on if you do not wish for spoilers:

http://www.sescoops.com/royal-rumble-2013-main-event-spoiled-by-dvd-promo-material/

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JML897
I saw that too. [spoiler] Sigh What a boring WM main event. [/spoiler]
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 pokajabba

Completely sucks doesn't it, in the sense that they give it away in a rediculous manner. I'm kinda mixed on the winner. I'd rather a rematch between Rock and Punk at Wrestlemania.

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TruthTellers
Hey, Rock might get hit by a car before the match. Colt Cabana driving the car, doing it for CM Punk.
Norrie91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Norrie91
Member since 2009 • 2444 Posts
It might be Ziggler vs Rock at Wrestlemania. I have a feeling Ziggler will cash in on The Rock, that is 'if' The Rock wins. If The Rock doesn't win then Ziggler may cash in on Punk and face him at Wrestlemania.pokajabba
Except for the fact that Zigglers MITB is for the WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE not the WWE Title. Why do so many people not understand the concept of one MITB for RAW and one for Smackdown? Cean won the RAW one & Ziggler won the Smackdown! one, meaing Zigglers MITB is only valid for the WHT. Its actually frustrating now the amount of times people need to point this out -__-
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 pokajabba

Come on dude. The whole Money In The Bank thing has no official rules of any kind. I don't understand why people pretend that this is some official thing that is used in the way it should be used. YOU CAN CASH IN WHEN SOMEONE HAS HAD THEIR HEAD REMOVED!!! I like how me merely saying it can be cashed in against the WWE Title is completely WRONG and a NO NO. Yet, having a singles match for the Money In The Bank on the line (When it's contracted to a WWE Superstar already) and it being cashed in on people who are already dead from a match, is somehow completely fine. That makes logical sense... Right?

All WWE has to do is say:

'Oh, but it says here in the contract that you can actually use the match against whatever champion you want'

And then that would be that. I don't see any reason why WWE wouldn't say something stupid like that. However, it's no less stupid than cashing on an already downed opponent. Now give me a damn cookie!

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sephy37
Ziggler should win the RR, challenge for the WWE Title, win it at WM, then cash in on the winner of Sheamus/Orton.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JML897
^That's how I would book it in EWR.
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 pokajabba
Ziggler should win the RR, challenge for the WWE Title, win it at WM, then cash in on the winner of Sheamus/Orton.sephy37
That would be a pretty massive scenario for a single superstar to achieve. It's actually a decent idea. Although, I would never consider someone like Ziggler worthy of achieving it. I'd rather Bryan be given a scenario like that, maybe next year.
ToTheBank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ToTheBank
too bad i have no self control when it comes to reading spoilers... ill still order, but it takes the fun out of it knowing what will happen
y2jassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 y2jassassin
Member since 2012 • 36 Posts
i really dont want the rock to win!
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#35 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Shield still could interfere in disguises - wearing Rock shirts and masks, call themselves the Rock Bottomteers. Or just have the lights out.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TruthTellers
How about we just let someone win clean for a change? Or are we going to have to wait until every Wrestlemania to see someone win clean?
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JML897

If anyone wins clean it'll be Rock.

My prediction: Nobody wins. Punk does something that Vince deems as "cheating" to win so he strips Punk of the title (as he said he would last night on Raw). This would normally be seen as a cheap way to end a PPV but with the Rumble going on afterwards it wouldn't be as big of a disappointment to many fans. Then the title gets put up at Elimination Chamber where the winner goes on to face the Royal Rumble winner (Cena) at WM. Rock wins the EC.

By doing it that way, Punk never actually loses a match "cleanly". Let's say he enters the EC first and then the faces gang up on him to eliminate him. He can still play the heel who complains about getting screwed over and he never truly looks weak when losing the championship.

Maybe my idea is a bit farfetched but I think it makes sense

pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 pokajabba
^That's exactly what I predicted would go down lol
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JML897
Oh if you posted that before sorry, I didn't mean to steal your idea
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 pokajabba

No, I didn't write it down. I just had that 'feeling' to myself that this would happen. It's completely 'your' idea, but I still found it funny that you wrote down exactly what I was predicting in my head lol

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TruthTellers
I don't think that's the right way of ending Punk's reign. After all this is the longest title reign in nearly 30 years and it should have a better ending than that. It's so contrive and for a part timer to end up winning the belt is the worst part of it. Now, I say that as my opinion because I don't think that Rock should win it because I don't like it, nor do I like the idea of Cena winning the title, so really, I guess Rock will have to do. F*ck, ya know what? Just go ahead and drop it to Rock. It's not that bad of a storyline: Hall of Fame bound former professional wrestler returns to the ring to win the championship against the hot shot punk kid whose beaten everybody during his record breaking title reign.
Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Razor-Lazor

My current, boring prediction is that Brad Maddox interferes for Heyman.

Only reason I don't believe that is because they don't really have anywhere to go after that. Rock would squash Maddox on Raw and that would be it. 

ToTheBank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ToTheBank
Anyone think Cena is NOT going to win? SuperCena x2 seems on the horizon... Regardless of outcome, how do you guys feel the actual match of Punk vs Rock will turn out? I'm not too high on it for whatever reason... something in my gut
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sephy37

The Rock won't win. EC is when he'll win it.

As for the winner of the Rumble, yeah its gotta be Cena. I hope its Lesnar tho. 

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TruthTellers
Probably going to be Cena and he'll go to Wrestlemania for the WWE Championship match. What do you guys think is going to happen with the WHC? I get the feeling that Del Rio is going to hold the belt for a few months, if not longer, and definitely will be involved in the WHC match at Wrestlemania because Vince wants some more Pesos.
sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sephy37
Orton(c) vs. Sheamus at WM.
Razor-Lazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Razor-Lazor
Ziggler (c) vs. Orton at WM
pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 pokajabba

I still think Wrestlemania does not feel the same without Shawn Michaels (With the exception of Wrestlemania 17). You were always guaranteed at least one 4 Star match (Or higher) if he was on the card.

pokajabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 pokajabba

Top 5 Wrestlers who deserved to win the Royal Rumble:

5) Christian - Come on now, if Edge won it then Christian ought to as well. I don't think Christian is quite past the point of no return, yet. He should be given a last chance to shine.

4) Randy 'The Macho Man' Savage - I'm thinking he should have won at either the 1991 Royal Rumble (Where Ultimate Warrior should have been champion instead of Slaughter, so we would have gotten a retirement match with the Title on the line. This would have added even more emotion to the already emotional end) or the 1992 Royal Rumble (Where Ric Flair should have been the champion, meaning it would have been Savage vs Flair at the Main Event of Wrestlemania VIII. Instead of that pretty forgetable match between Hogan and Sid).

3) Eddie Guerrero - Guerrero was being considered to win the 2006 Royal Rumble Match. So when he died they ended up giving it Mysterio (for obvious reasons). I believe Eddie would have made that Rumble win extremely memorable in some fashion. It's shame we didn't get to see him win one, even if it was/wasn't going to be the 2006 one.

2) Kurt Angle - Kurt Angle really should have won the 2002 Royal Rumble Match. I think this was one of the greatest missed opportunities I've ever seen in the WWE. Imagine Chris Jericho vs Kurt Angle being the Main Event of Wrestlemania 18. Not only would the match have been a million times better than the one Triple H and Jericho had (It's still not a bad match, all things considering), but it would have given more opportunities in the long run. Instead we got Triple H dominating that damn Title for far too long. Kurt Angle and Jericho could have done some amazing work in the Main Event section; far sooner if it weren't for that blunder at the 2002 Royal Rumble.

1) Chris Jericho - Now from my point of view, Jericho should have won a Rumble match even before it was taken away from him last year. Perhaps the 2003 Rumble Match, although that would have meant we would never have seen Jericho vs Michaels at Wrestlemania. The point being that with incredible talent such as Jericho; why would they not let him win one? He most certainly should have one it last year (Completely wasted to Sheamus who won the Title at Wrestlemania in a joke Match) and in doing so would have made his match with Punk even more epic. Both competitors would have looked really strong. Jericho coming off from a strong Royal Rumble win would have added that extra emotion the match he had at Wrestlemania needed, and would have made him believable in being a threat to the champion. Due to this, I also believe the crowd would have been far more into the match than what they ended up being like. There would have been a much deeper level of substance within the match if all this had happened. It's a real shame.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 JML897
I really don't understand why they didn't have Jericho win it last year.