Kurt Angle Released. This is not a joke.

• 51 results
superman2412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 superman2412
Member since 2004 • 4120 Posts

Angle released
Aug. 25, 2006

Due to personal issues, Kurt Angle has been granted an early release from his contract. WWE looks forward to establishing a new relationship with Kurt in the near future.

The only Olympic gold medalist in WWE history, Kurt Angle arrived in 1999 and quickly became one of the most decorated champions in sports-entertainment history. "The Wrestling Machine" is not only a six-time World Champion, but also held the Intercontinental Championship and WWE Tag Team Championship; he also won the 2000 King of the Ring tournament. Recently joining ECW, Angle’s unmatched intensity was rivaled only by his technical and athletic in-ring prowess.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/3230064

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
I edited the topic, hope you don't mind.
And this isn't a work or anything, because it's on Figure4Weekly and stuff. :| Strange.
DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 DirtyDarren
Member since 2004 • 10321 Posts
Dude that's just.... crazy.  He must be having some serious health issues or something.  Hopefully, whatever happened he manages to come back sometime soon, but first needing to make some stops in ROH to face Aries, Strong, Danielson, Joe, and just about anyone else you'd want to see him against.
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
My guess is he needs some time to recover from the injuries and is planning to make a return sometime in the future. This is weird though that he was released...
trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 trick_man01
Member since 2003 • 11441 Posts
Wow, I did not see this coming. Oh well I'm sure he'll be back within a year or two.
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 keiblerfan69
Member since 2004 • 15237 Posts
ROH, ROH, ROH!!! No but seriously he must be really sore and needs some time off.
SeriousThreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SeriousThreat
Member since 2004 • 1642 Posts
Wow, this really suprises me. I really really hope Kurt can settle his issues soon, im guessing that it has to do with his health, and I really hope Kurt comes back. IMHO, the guy is the best in the wrestling business today. Hes imo the best in the ring today, period. I was looking foward to the possibility of seeing Angle/Punk in the near future too, I really hope it happens still.
Rage11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Rage11
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts
Wow. This is pretty crazy news...Angle's my favorite wrestler. Don't know what to say.
redomegaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 redomegaz
Member since 2004 • 515 Posts
Damn this sucks Kurt's an amazing wrestler I hope he comes back, hopefully to raw to take the title from edge.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#10 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Ok I see a nice HBK scenario, take time off, let all wounds heal. Year or two from now, he can return. I hope.
trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 trick_man01
Member since 2003 • 11441 Posts
Dude that's just.... crazy. He must be having some serious health issues or something. Hopefully, whatever happened he manages to come back sometime soon, but first needing to make some stops in ROH to face Aries, Strong, Danielson, Joe, and just about anyone else you'd want to see him against.DirtyDarren
I'm almost positive that in order for Angle to be released he had to sign long-term no-compete clause. WWE just wouldn't let him out otherwise.
keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 keiblerfan69
[QUOTE="DirtyDarren"]Dude that's just.... crazy. He must be having some serious health issues or something. Hopefully, whatever happened he manages to come back sometime soon, but first needing to make some stops in ROH to face Aries, Strong, Danielson, Joe, and just about anyone else you'd want to see him against.trick_man01
I'm almost positive that in order for Angle to be released he had to sign long-term no-compete clause. WWE just wouldn't let him out otherwise.

I actaully think they are stupid enough to let Angle out without one. They trust him and WWE doesn't care if wrestlers go work for ROH just as long as its not TNA. ROH is the ECW of this generation and WWE is helping them sometimes(CM Punk working the show under WWE contract).
MistaMike54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MistaMike54
Member since 2005 • 6417 Posts

'Personal inssues' is what the wwe is saying, It's most likely the weekly beating he got on SD! from henry, and rey that took their toll.

I hope he gets whatever he had wrong with him sorted out soon. and gets back to 100%.

keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 keiblerfan69
Angle should open a wrestling school. I know that if I had to get trained by someone Angle would be the person I would choose if not CM Punk.
MistaMike54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MistaMike54
Member since 2005 • 6417 Posts

Angle should open a wrestling school. I know that if I had to get trained by someone Angle would be the person I would choose if not CM Punk.keiblerfan69

I wouldn't be surprised if he does farther down the road. But he still has may years left in him, if healthy.

KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts
This breaks my heart to hear this! I can't believe this. I wish Kurt the best, and hopefully he deals with all his problem before he returns in the near future.
Jericho300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jericho300
Member since 2005 • 1227 Posts
I am very surprised, wow. I hope he is ok.
DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DirtyDarren
Member since 2004 • 10321 Posts
Angle should open a wrestling school. I know that if I had to get trained by someone Angle would be the person I would choose if not CM Punk.keiblerfan69

Well I wouldn't mind going to the ROH school of wrestling right now and being trained by Danielson... Can't go wrong there either.
-L-U-I-S-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#19 -L-U-I-S-
Member since 2006 • 3665 Posts

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????????????????????????/

*cries*

Pack_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Pack_Man
Member since 2005 • 9724 Posts
In a way, I don't believe this. But in another way, I'm happy. This dude has been working has ass off, he needs some time off.
icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 icytower
Member since 2005 • 10643 Posts

Well I do hope, and feel, that this is just Angle & WWE's way of saying that he needs extensive time off. The guy does need it badly and I really believe that, like Michaels, he will be back in a year or two once everything is 100%.

Of course I do blame WWE for most of this. Most of his problems, if not all, started when they brought back Henry.

So here is to hoping that we see him again in the not to distant future. If we do not, here is hoping that he does well in all his future endeavours.

Rvdecwthug1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rvdecwthug1976
Member since 2005 • 4593 Posts

'Personal inssues' is what the wwe is saying, It's most likely the weekly beating he got on SD! from henry, and rey that took their toll.

I hope he gets whatever he had wrong with him sorted out soon. and gets back to 100%.

MistaMike54

Well it could also be the fact, that he is trying to save his marriage and that could be one of the personal issues, if you guys remember, a while back him and his wife got seperated and got back together again and were seperated, because him being on the road was taking too much of a toll on their marriage and that is understandable

I hate to see Kurt Leave for a while, but if he has to leave to take care of his family or whether it is injury problems or something else, then the man has to do what he has to do

KyleKrist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KyleKrist
Member since 2004 • 52 Posts

Kurt's going through a divorce with his pregnant wife... His neck has been bugging him, and his groin injury isn't just an injury, it's a tear... His friends are quoted to supposedly say that he's falling apart... It's been rumored WWE has him on a suicide watch too...

All in all... I feel bad for the guy, and it sucks he's leaving. He's awesome in the ring and at what he does, it's a shame he has to go.:(

Canuck3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Canuck3000
Member since 2004 • 40562 Posts

Kurt's going through a divorce with his pregnant wife... His neck has been bugging him, and his groin injury isn't just an injury, it's a tear... His friends are quoted to supposedly say that he's falling apart... It's been rumored WWE has him on a suicide watch too...

All in all... I feel bad for the guy, and it sucks he's leaving. He's awesome in the ring and at what he does, it's a shame he has to go.:(

KyleKrist
Really? Do you have a link or something?
KyleKrist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KyleKrist
Member since 2004 • 52 Posts

Not anymore... my computers been crap lately, and I can't get back on any of the wrestling news sites or anything at the moment :x

Edit: Nevermind, I got it working again... Well, I can't get my pc to load the 'suicide watch' thing... but yeah...
http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=19869&p=1
http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/articles/2005/158294650.php

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

Heavy.

This is a major blow to pro wrestling, but not wholly unforeseen and this is a relatively good move by the WWE.  Angle was working his way to paralysis, if not an early grave.  God bless him, he always went out there and gives 110%, but at the expense of his well-being.  Hopefully, things can get worked out and Angle can heal up and this will not be the true end of his tenure in WWE.  He's one of the the only true total packages in wrestling.

mja2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 mja2k3
Member since 2003 • 5206 Posts
I say he does maybe 2 ROH appearances a year.
MiJV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MiJV
Member since 2004 • 2307 Posts

The greastest pure wrestler in the business, is getting some well deserved and needed time off. This is a major blow to WWE and wrestling in general. I hope that in a year or two after Kurt's healed physically and mentally, he'll be back. I do agree that he should stop in ROH before heading back to WWE.

Good Luck and Thank You Kurt

HallowBastion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#29 HallowBastion
Member since 2004 • 9906 Posts
I say he does maybe 2 ROH appearances a year.mja2k3
I'd rather see him get his personal life and health back to par before he even thinks about stepping in the ring again.
gHoSt437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gHoSt437
Member since 2002 • 1765 Posts
Talk about some shocking news, i'm sad to hear of this as he's one hell of a wrestler. Hope he gets his personal/medical issues resolved & i'm sure we'll see him back in the ring in the future.
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 wwervin

Not anymore... my computers been crap lately, and I can't get back on any of the wrestling news sites or anything at the moment :x

Edit: Nevermind, I got it working again... Well, I can't get my pc to load the 'suicide watch' thing... but yeah...
http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=19869&p=1
http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/articles/2005/158294650.php

KyleKrist
I don't buy that for 1 second. Those links prove nothing as far as "suicide watch" goes, and even if they did have anything remotely close to suicide watch news on there, both those websites have a knack for putting up rumors and false advertising. Kurt Angle is having severe problems with his groin injury, and I'm sure his neck isn't at 100%. To those of you who are praising this, he will NOT be going to ROH, do you think the WWE just bluntly gave him an early release from his contract without signing some other legal papers? That would be stupid on anyone's part. I hope Kurt can get his injuries sorted out and his marriage fixed, hopefully in a year we'll see him back in the ring.
batistafan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 batistafan99
Member since 2006 • 2592 Posts
I wish him the best in working out the issues. He is my favorite wrestler, and this is a big blow to WWE. He is so respected, because even when he is really injured, he still goes out there and wrestles at 110%. imagine him in a few years when he returns at 100%, that will be awesome
Avatar image for Dark_NoobSaibot
Dark_NoobSaibot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Dark_NoobSaibot
Member since 2005 • 3049 Posts
If he is on "suicide" watch... THAT'S sad.. By the way..I'm Back u guys..have no fear!
windnocturne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 windnocturne
Member since 2004 • 6896 Posts
That's crazy. But well, I hope he does well. He was in ECW, so I didn't have a chance to watch him cuz' in Mexico there's no ecw.
But, good luck to him.
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts

I didn't see this coming at all but it's for Angle's best interest, no doubt about it. He's been injury prone over the past year or so and regardless of it all, on top of his neck injury from a couple years back, he's no doubtedly continued to work top notch in all his matches.

I am glad he got a title run earlier on in the year now. If this really is the end of Kurt Angle's career as a professional wrestler, at least he had one last run nearing the end. Whatever these personal issues are, I hope Angle uses the time to clear them off from his mind. Knowing Angle's competitiveness and how he's even admitted to not being happy sitting at home and not being in the ring, I am sure we'll see Angle in the near future, whether that be in a year's time to five years from now.

The vets are dusting away though. We've lost Benoit for good by the looks of things, now Angle, and I really wouldn't be surprised to see Taker and Michaels join the ring too.

Stargazmo69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Stargazmo69
Member since 2005 • 1063 Posts

I didn't see this coming at all but it's for Angle's best interest, no doubt about it. He's been injury prone over the past year or so and regardless of it all, on top of his neck injury from a couple years back, he's no doubtedly continued to work top notch in all his matches.

I am glad he got a title run earlier on in the year now. If this really is the end of Kurt Angle's career as a professional wrestler, at least he had one last run nearing the end. Whatever these personal issues are, I hope Angle uses the time to clear them off from his mind. Knowing Angle's competitiveness and how he's even admitted to not being happy sitting at home and not being in the ring, I am sure we'll see Angle in the near future, whether that be in a year's time to five years from now.

The vets are dusting away though. We've lost Benoit for good by the looks of things, now Angle, and I really wouldn't be surprised to see Taker and Michaels join the ring too.

hbk91

What?! I thought Benoit was coming back?? I will be grief stricken if we lose Angle AND Benoit. Also you should add Kane to the list isn't he retiring soon aswell.

This really sucks we really are losing all the vets; soon the rosters going to look like a bunch of Cenas, Vitos and Khalis.:o

Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Kotenks
Member since 2004 • 8519 Posts

I think Angle can go to ROH for one show to face Samoa Joe, what harm would it do to the WWE? TNA is out of the question though

SwimPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SwimPUNK
Member since 2005 • 4214 Posts
Such selfish fans. Your hero is released unsuspectedly and yet you talk about wanting him to go to ROH.  He's probably never going to wrestle again. He was a huge top star in only a few years. In that few years he sacrificed so much for the sport of professional wrestling. In that few years he gained my respect, no only as a worker, but a performer (there's a big difference).

I wish him well.
Total-KO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 Total-KO
Member since 2006 • 4057 Posts

Can you blame him? He has the stromgest workrate in the WWE, missed the birth of his daughter, wrestled instead of trying to bridge his marriage together. He eats, sleeps and breathes wrestling. He has gave blood, sweat and tears for his company. Hopefully he can take time off and sort out his marriage and then get back into the WWE scene again.

Until then, Ring of Honor awaits...:D Danielson vs. Angle mark out times a fifillion!!!

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 wwervin
Mena while you are right in saying we're losing a lot of the vets, I do think Benoit will be coming back one more time, it was even on wwe.com a while back I think, I'm expecting him to make a return soon. And SwimPUNK I fully agree with you about ROH, the guy is obviously going through serious stuff if the wwe actually decided to let him out of his contract early, and most of these guys here go "OMG Teh angle vs joe match!!one!!11!!11!1! that will own, angle should go to roh!" seriously guys there's no chance of that happening, the guy isn't even healthy enough to have a 2 minute squash match against a jobber, let alone wrestle a match against Joe. Even if Angle did get better anytime soon, the WWE (although they released him) probably still has a contract with him regarding this stuff, so I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.
mja2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mja2k3
Member since 2003 • 5206 Posts
Mena while you are right in saying we're losing a lot of the vets, I do think Benoit will be coming back one more time, it was even on wwe.com a while back I think, I'm expecting him to make a return soon. And SwimPUNK I fully agree with you about ROH, the guy is obviously going through serious stuff if the wwe actually decided to let him out of his contract early, and most of these guys here go "OMG Teh angle vs joe match!!one!!11!!11!1! that will own, angle should go to roh!" seriously guys there's no chance of that happening, the guy isn't even healthy enough to have a 2 minute squash match against a jobber, let alone wrestle a match against Joe. Even if Angle did get better anytime soon, the WWE (although they released him) probably still has a contract with him regarding this stuff, so I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.wwervin
I'm pretty sure these people mean when Angle gets healthier and have maybe one match. Hopefully against Danielson.
interpolred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#42 interpolred
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts

Hope to see him again. If he does come back, I see a 7th World Title run for Angle.

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts

Wow, i was very shocked to read this. I can't believe he asked for his release.

Hope he goes to ROH!

L3M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 L3M
Member since 2003 • 762 Posts

Beaten and battered, Kurt Angle explains why he was released and the last match he competed in. Hope that all goes well.

hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts

Angle is doing the right thing. I am glad he's took it upon himself to sort his life out by leaving the ring. I can't imagine how he must have felt on Friday. I wish him all the best, regardless if this means he doesn't wrestle ever again. I'd rather see Angle live the day to be inducted into the Hall of Fame instead of him being inducted in the same way Eddie Guerrero did.

Avatar image for 206461861543079188321160707076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 206461861543079188321160707076
Member since 2005 • 1256 Posts
roids scandal
KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts
Since Angle will be gone, I hope they put together a Kurt Angle DVD by the end of the year. We deserve to get Kurt Angle DVD.
evansdada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 evansdada
Member since 2005 • 242 Posts
I am both shocked and glad Angle decided to do this.  IT seemed that every time I looked at a website, it reported that he was injured our hurt somehow.  Then whats worse his personal life has not been that great either.  I don't want to see anything bad happen to him so I am glad that he decided to take this route.  But I do know that it was a lot of thought put into this.  He will definitely be in my prayers.  I wish I can see him wrestle one more time, but not while his rhysical and mental health is in jeapardy.
Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#49 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts
i hope he returns some day
tidus_swain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#50 tidus_swain
Member since 2003 • 10019 Posts
Since Angle will be gone, I hope they put together a Kurt Angle DVD by the end of the year. We deserve to get Kurt Angle DVD.KevyR
I want that. I hope they don't take his stuff off WWEshop either.