dRehkJY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 dRehkJY
Member since 2004 • 14258 Posts
This morning when I went to check the results for the PPV that happened last night, I found that the front image on TNA wrestling has been changed to this

But that is not all, nosireeBob, I went further into the site and the very first article was headed this

"TNA Stars Comment On The Kurt Angle Signing "

I clicked on that and here is what came up

"TNA STARS COMMENT ON THE SIGNING OF KURT ANGLE
By Ross Forman

ORLANDO, Fla. - The backstage buzz before, during and after No Surrender was electric, to put it mildly. Wrestlers were asking about the major surprise. Announcers were asking. Even the referees. Not to mention the TNA front-office personnel who made the trek here from TNA’s corporate headquarters in Nashville, Tenn. No one knew for sure what – or who, as it turned out – the announcement would be, but everyone certainly had a guess, or two, or 10, or 20.

TNA Wrestling President Dixie Carter last week promised a major announcement at the end of the pay-per-view, held Sept. 22 at Universal Studios … and boy did she deliver, truly shocking the wrestling industry, from Stamford to Seattle and all points in between

Few moments in pro wrestling history have had the build-up and anticipation as Sunday’s announcement. I was there in Daytona Beach, Fla., in 1997, when Hulk Hogan ultimately was the third member of the nWo and turned his back on WCW and the fans. Well, Kurt Angle joining TNA Wrestling is bigger.

I don’t remember seeing the backstage area for almost any wrestling event so filled and yet, at the same time, so silent as when the Angle announcement was made.

The wrestlers, you see, did not know in advance. Sure, they all wanted to know, and everyone was asking everyone and anyone who they thought might know. But ultimately, when no one truly knew, it was a case of watch-like-the-rest-of-the-world.

The TNA roster was thrilled with the Angle announcement, without a doubt.

HOMICIDE
“That’s money.”

BOBBY ROODE
“It’s huge for the company and the business. One word: huge.”

KONNAN
“Kurt Angle … cream of the crop.”

DAVID YOUNG
“Get ready, because here we go. Now the ride really starts.”

CHRISTIAN CAGE
“He’s probably trying to steal my thunder too, just like Sting. Kurt Angle is an average wrestler. Christian Cage is still the biggest star at TNA.”

JIM CORNETTE
“Fantastic acquisition of a fantastic talent. He will take TNA to the next level.”

DON WEST
“Never in a million years did I think that would happen.”

SHANE DOUGLAS
“It’s always great to have a world-class athlete on the roster. Kurt Angle, a Pittsburgh native, is a tremendous addition to the TNA Wrestling roster.”

WILDCAT CHRIS HARRIS
“It’s an incredible privilege to be part of this company.”

ERIC YOUNG
“Frightening and exciting at the same time … is that possible?”

SIMON DIAMOND
“Reggie Jackson to the New York Yankees. Mark McGwire to the St. Louis Cardinals. Shaquille O’Neal to the Orlando Magic. Kurt Angle to TNA is bigger than all of them.”

ANDREW THOMAS
“The fan in me is thrilled.”

A.J. STYLES
“Kurt Angle is one of the most entertaining wrestlers in wrestling history.”

KAZARIAN
“What an incredible way to end an incredible show.”

SENSHI
“The game just got a lot more real.”

JEREMY BORASH
“Holy @#$%!!!”"

So what are your thoughts on all of this? I am quite shocked to be honest, I thought that he had retired from wrestling completely because of injuries and he was going to do MMA
trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 trick_man01
Member since 2003 • 11441 Posts
TNA has posted a trailer of the announcement video on youtube, it can be seen here.

Edit: Nevermind, apparently TNA Removed it for some reason.
starvinmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 starvinmartin
Member since 2004 • 1981 Posts
turncoat
ImageMaker45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ImageMaker45
Member since 2005 • 135 Posts

I have not watched TNA in so long. I am not going to let this change that. If Kurt does something good, I will use Youtube and not be giving them TV Ratings.

I am very VERY shocked by this and I can say I don't think anyone at all saw this coming. I mean when the WWE released him I had a quick thought that he might join TNA, but it was more of a quick laugh..... because that couldn't happen and sure as hell not this soon after.

I think I will be bitter to Angle becasue he got WWE to release him to "Heal" and now he signs that quickly with TNA? I feel that he just stabbed the WWE fans in the Back.

I will say that this is the BIGGEST surprise in Wrestling History, I feel like the fans were suppose to feel when Hogan turned on WCW and joined the nWo .... except this isn't just an angle.

Nemesis_x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Nemesis_x2
Member since 2005 • 445 Posts
Man i almost spit on my Flat screen Monitor when i herd the new.Im so lost about this i mean i wasnt watching TNA then so i dont know sould i start now but i may not..
sigothemanny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#6 sigothemanny
Member since 2005 • 7189 Posts

YES!!!

Now Kurt Angle can help TNA with ratings and give WWE a run for there money.

TheGm86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheGm86
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts

To pull something from Metal Gear.

!

Ok then..This is a WTB(For Bloody)H moment.....I guess TNA got a little more interesting....So my I interest in TNA went from a 0.7 (Hey like there ratings) to a 1.3.

All I want to know is....How long before he joins Jarret for some reason.

dRehkJY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dRehkJY

I have not watched TNA in so long. I am not going to let this change that. If Kurt does something good, I will use Youtube and not be giving them TV Ratings.

I am very VERY shocked by this and I can say I don't think anyone at all saw this coming. I mean when the WWE released him I had a quick thought that he might join TNA, but it was more of a quick laugh..... because that couldn't happen and sure as hell not this soon after.

I think I will be bitter to Angle becasue he got WWE to release him to "Heal" and now he signs that quickly with TNA? I feel that he just stabbed the WWE fans in the Back.

I will say that this is the BIGGEST surprise in Wrestling History, I feel like the fans were suppose to feel when Hogan turned on WCW and joined the nWo .... except this isn't just an angle.

ImageMaker45
I agree with the part about being bitter, and of course the rest of it but mainly the bitterness part, WWE released him because they did not want a big injury on their conscience AND Angle had asked for a release because of the pain he was in, and for him to do this is very slimy and just not right, whichever way you look at it
KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts
Even though Kurt is with TNA, that doesn't bring much excitement just yet in me. The only way TNA can be over the top is to remove Jeff Jarrett in TNA and let the young talents and Angle work together. Oh yeah, remove Sting as well.
Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#10 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts
Cool. TNA got more entertaining
AcolyteV1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AcolyteV1
Member since 2005 • 1131 Posts
I really cannot fathom all the cries of "ZOMG TRAITOR!" as regards Kurt's move to TNA. The WWE released him, it's his right to work for whatever company he wants, so long as it's not in breach of his contract, which this obviously mustn't be. I really don't see how anyone can feel like Kurt betrayed them.
flamingskullz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 flamingskullz
Member since 2005 • 2100 Posts
.........(my reaction) TNA is for real, i guess wwe is in for some competition after all. TNA on Primetime.........The wrestling channel better have this. :)
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts

I am utterly speechless. Words can't describe how shocked I am right now. With that emotion, I feel confused in regards to what went down with Angle/McMahon during the decision to release him. I don't know whether to believe all the explanations thrown around in reasoning to Angle's release and Angle's health.

I had a feeling Angle wouldn't accept dropping his passion for wrestling, and ultimately, I am glad that he had the courage to step up to his heart and carry on wrestling. He wouldn't be endangering his life by moving to TNA instead, Angle isn't the kind of guy to do that. I just trust him that he knows what he's doing. 

TNA, TNA, oh TNA. They've just got hold of one of wrestling's finest athlete and this opportunity for the company to progress BIG is right in front of their hands. I never thought the day would come where we'd see Angle in TNA and it just shows that "never" isn't a word that should be used in wrestling today.

Angle, and TNA, congratulations. I hope the two combine to push TNA's success and name already. So many dream matches to insight about folks! The list ranges from the likes of Samoa Joe to even Austin Aries. RoH might not be that far round the corner too, might I mention!

Total-KO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Total-KO
Member since 2006 • 4057 Posts

The return of the Olympic Slam probably, especially since WWE has loads of copyrights off of him now. Nevertheless, Angle will be an integral part of TNA and hopefully he can go toe to toe with some X-Divsion stars as well as the Heavyweights.

I'm talking Angle/Sabin..Angle/Senshi...Angle/Dutt.

Do you think Angle should end Joe's undefeated streak though? I think, after all the talent TNA has, Angle is the only guy qualified enough to do so. Maybe joe/Angle at BFG...Iron Man.

Wait, what am I saying? Angle needs to rest! I'm all confuzzled now..

SgtJericho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SgtJericho
Member since 2006 • 42 Posts

Look at it like this:

WWE releases Kurt Angle to 'Heal'. He will now be doing waaay less dates wrestling than he would be with WWE so he is healing...but giving us some freaking awesome entertainment at the same time.

The guy with the best (and one of the only) work rates in WWE is now on TNA, a show which is highly entertaining for great wrestling, and cool entertainment, who's only bad thing at the moment is Sting. With Angle on TNA, this can only be good for wrestling as a whole...hopefully WWE will step up its game and not walk around with its head in the clouds.

WWE, you got a fight on your hands and it's real...it's DAMN real! :D

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts
 To pull something from Metal Gear.

!

Ok then..This is a WTB(For Bloody)H moment.....I guess TNA got a little more interesting....So my I interest in TNA went from a 0.7 (Hey like there ratings) to a 1.3.

All I want to know is....How long before he joins Jarret for some reason. TheGm86

Well, it is how most of the names generally debut in TNA.

This is absolutely crazy.  I didn't even think of TNA as an option for Angle as I thought it was inconcievable that Angle would burn his bridge with WWE, but I think I see some smoke.

As a fan of wrestling, I see this as nothing but good, not just for TNA, but for wrestling, as Angle brings a ridiculous amount to the table for TNA.

As a fan of Angle, I'm concerned about his health, but with TNA he will be working a fraction of the dates he worked for WWE, so the wear and tear should not be as bad.

TheGm86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheGm86
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts

What I find funny is staggering amount of hate he is getting from the PWB on Gamefaqs. its quite ridiculous...and at this rate you can't tell the difference from obvious troll to crazy man.

Now I don't care where he wrestles as long as I can see it. If he popped up in a ROH and sqausehs Danilson in 3 minutes I would still make that my first ROH dvd purchase.

But this was still is a strange year for Angle.....Jobing to Cena *Shivers* then winning thw WHC title on Smackdown! while having Davari as his manager....Putting on a great match with Taker and then losing the belt at Wrestlemania. being put on ECW and head butting people and the last time we saw him on WWE tv was him going after Show. And now he is going to be on every wrestling show in less then a year.

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
Wow...I don't know what to think. Coming into this thread I sort of went "It's gotta be Angle or something..." and it turned out I was right, but I'm still shocked. I think I just lost a little respect for Angle too. I mean the guy needs to rest, not go wrestle against the likes of Joe and AJ. This can't be good for Kurt's health.
trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 trick_man01
Member since 2003 • 11441 Posts
Well with the 90-day no compete clause in his contract from WWE, I think the earliest Angle can make his in-ring debut is November 3rd, so expect to see him of the first primetime edition of iMPACT.
dRehkJY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dRehkJY

What I find funny is staggering amount of hate he is getting from the PWB on Gamefaqs. its quite ridiculous...and at this rate you can't tell the difference from obvious troll to crazy man.

Now I don't care where he wrestles as long as I can see it. If he popped up in a ROH and sqausehs Danilson in 3 minutes I would still make that my first ROH dvd purchase.

But this was still is a strange year for Angle.....Jobing to Cena *Shivers* then winning thw WHC title on Smackdown! while having Davari as his manager....Putting on a great match with Taker and then losing the belt at Wrestlemania. being put on ECW and head butting people and the last time we saw him on WWE tv was him going after Show. And now he is going to be on every wrestling show in less then a year.

TheGm86
LOL, I am indifferent on PWB as KenKennedyKenne, I am just arguing the point that whilst I may dislike him for moving, the no compete clause cannot legally bind him as he was released from the WWE Contract which would technically, in a court of law, mean that all legal obligationsi nvolving the contract are void as he is no longer under the contract. LOL, anyone else use a different SN on Gfaqs?
Avatar image for DeltaCommando07
DeltaCommando07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 DeltaCommando07
Member since 2005 • 7443 Posts
Cool. TNA got more entertainingDevouring_One
yea :D
Rage11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Rage11
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts
I feel betrayed. Now I don't like TNA, but it's not that. It's the fact that Angle says in a letter to his fans(and I am a big Kurt Angle fan, he's been my favorite for a long time) if he returns it will be with the WWE. Then what does he do? He goes and signs with TNA less than a month later. I can't believe Angle has reduced himself to jobbing to Jeff Jarrett. For a company that did so much for him, give him 6 title reigns, and even released him(when he was one of their top stars) because they didn't want his fate the same as Eddie Guerrero's, I better not hear not **** about how the WWE held him back like some of the other WWE rejects in TNA.
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
^^ That's one way to look at it...but it just feels to me like there's something else behind this whole thing. My money's on Vince and Kurt planning something out. Maybe Vince wants TNA to have a driving force to put them back in the picture, that way WWE would have some competition.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 The_Dude14

I feel betrayed. Now I don't like TNA, but it's not that. It's the fact that Angle says in a letter to his fans(and I am a big Kurt Angle fan, he's been my favorite for a long time) if he returns it will be with the WWE. Then what does he do? He goes and signs with TNA less than a month later. I can't believe Angle has reduced himself to jobbing to Jeff Jarrett. For a company that did so much for him, give him 6 title reigns, and even released him(when he was one of their top stars) because they didn't want his fate the same as Eddie Guerrero's, I better not hear not **** about how the WWE held him back like some of the other WWE rejects in TNA.Rage11
Heh, funny you should mention it:

Being with TNA feels like I have finally found my home. I had fun in WWE at certain times, but I was never really happy. Now being a part of TNA, I know I have a purpose. I feel like I am part of history, part of a company that is not only on the rise – not only going to be the number-one watched wrestling show in the world within a short period of time – but TNA gives me an opportunity to spread my wings. This company has no limits to where it can go. The sky is the limit and the main reason is because they brought the “real” back into wrestling and that is a perfect fit for the greatest wrestler in USA Olympic history. I have room to grow here and to help TNA grow. Working for these caring and very giving employers of TNA makes me feel like I have a purpose and that the sky is the limit. I don’t feel trapped or held back like I did the first six years in my tenure with the other company. They held me back. Now, our wonderful audience will see the real Kurt Angle doing what I love to do – real wrestling – and that’s what puts a smile on my face each time I come to work. I even smile when I think about it. TNA will be the most watched television show on cable television. It’s only a matter of time. Now, I get the opportunity and privilege of being a part of it. Thank you TNA for saving my career, my life and my desire to do what I love. I will be here in some capacity for the rest of my life. That’s real…that’s damn real.” – Kurt Angle

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=855

WWEMAN101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 WWEMAN101
Member since 2005 • 2461 Posts

[QUOTE="Rage11"]I feel betrayed. Now I don't like TNA, but it's not that. It's the fact that Angle says in a letter to his fans(and I am a big Kurt Angle fan, he's been my favorite for a long time) if he returns it will be with the WWE. Then what does he do? He goes and signs with TNA less than a month later. I can't believe Angle has reduced himself to jobbing to Jeff Jarrett. For a company that did so much for him, give him 6 title reigns, and even released him(when he was one of their top stars) because they didn't want his fate the same as Eddie Guerrero's, I better not hear not **** about how the WWE held him back like some of the other WWE rejects in TNA.The_Dude14

Heh, funny you should mention it:

Being with TNA feels like I have finally found my home. I had fun in WWE at certain times, but I was never really happy. Now being a part of TNA, I know I have a purpose. I feel like I am part of history, part of a company that is not only on the rise – not only going to be the number-one watched wrestling show in the world within a short period of time – but TNA gives me an opportunity to spread my wings. This company has no limits to where it can go. The sky is the limit and the main reason is because they brought the “real” back into wrestling and that is a perfect fit for the greatest wrestler in USA Olympic history. I have room to grow here and to help TNA grow. Working for these caring and very giving employers of TNA makes me feel like I have a purpose and that the sky is the limit. I don’t feel trapped or held back like I did the first six years in my tenure with the other company. They held me back. Now, our wonderful audience will see the real Kurt Angle doing what I love to do – real wrestling – and that’s what puts a smile on my face each time I come to work. I even smile when I think about it. TNA will be the most watched television show on cable television. It’s only a matter of time. Now, I get the opportunity and privilege of being a part of it. Thank you TNA for saving my career, my life and my desire to do what I love. I will be here in some capacity for the rest of my life. That’s real…that’s damn real.” – Kurt Angle

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=855

Something tells me Angle is going to break his neck again within a month of returning.

EDIT: Also, whatever happened to: "I sat down with my wife and I noticed she was so stressed with me being a wrestler" and "I need time to heal" and "I will never compete with McMahon" To be honest, that line at the end, "I will be here in some capacity for the rest of my life." makes me wonder why he would say any of those things. He's screwing with his family, the WWE, and most importantly, himself.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

To be simple, I am disappointed in Kurt Angle comments. Honestly, I do not understand why TNA thinks that WCW method of burring your competitor will work any better in this day and age...?

In my humble opinion, that line of thinking is one of the reasons that WCW is no more...

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

Much More On The Kurt Angle Situation, His Future, & His MMA Options

Dave Meltzer of WrestlingObserver.com has provided some new details on TNA's signing of Kurt Angle.

- TNA went after Angle as soon as WWE released him.

- Angle was not at the PPV last night. His video was filmed on Wednesday in Nashville.

- Dixie Carter and Kurt Angle ironed out the deal themselves.

- His TNA contract is apparently not exclusive and he is still considering doing MMA stuff at some point in the future.

- Angle is not scheduled to be at the Impact taping tonight.

- Angle was on the phone with Dixie Carter several times during the PPV last night.

- Angle is scheduled to appear at the Bound for Glory PPV on 10/22 in Detroit but not wrestle.

- In WWE, most were surprised by the move. Many were also relieved as concern had grown that he would enter MMA and seriously hurt himself. Word is that there was not any feelings of hate or double-crossing like there was when Lex Luger jumped to WCW years ago in a similar situation.

TheOT_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheOT_King
Member since 2005 • 6359 Posts
chea i knew this would happen... i remember i posted that thing saying that kurt would come to tna and everyone was like "no way"
GAMECAMILLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#29 GAMECAMILLER
Member since 2005 • 4994 Posts
HOLY &^%*&&(!!!

O_O

This is...woah. I just spit my drink out over my desk.

Something tells me I need to watch TNA and wrestling in general, more.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 The_Dude14

^^ That's one way to look at it...but it just feels to me like there's something else behind this whole thing. My money's on Vince and Kurt planning something out. Maybe Vince wants TNA to have a driving force to put them back in the picture, that way WWE would have some competition.wwervin
While I won't discount that as a possibility, as its always seemed a little odd to me that WWE would release Angle to get him healthy.  If they really cared, why not keep him on the payroll and help him recover (granted I don't know the specifics here)?

It seems far more likely to me that there was a major falling out between Angle and WWE in between "I won't compete with McMahon" and now.

vaarna_aarne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 vaarna_aarne
Member since 2005 • 5809 Posts
I just can't believe what Angle has done. I've been his loyal fan since the olympic
gold and first he went to ECW brand and the lied his way to TNA. A-hole.

Well, hope Scott Steiner hits Angle with his pick-up truck.
Pack_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pack_Man
Member since 2005 • 9724 Posts

ImageMaker45

Vince even encouraged him to join TNA.