Angle vs. Undertaker...Any anticipation?

MOCGK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 MOCGK
Member since 2005 • 415 Posts

I just purchased Tombstone: The History of the Undertaker and as an extra on the 3rd disk they have a short commentary from Kurt Angle talking about how he thinks that he and the Undertaker have the potential to put on one of the greatest matches ever. 

They then have a match between them from 2003 I believe, and it was really great.  The Undertaker actually does some submission holds and mat wrestles in addition to his normal routine and they have some great build-up through counters to each other's finishers. 

So I for one am looking forward to their upcoming match and was wondering if anyone else thinks the match has good potential?

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts
i personally don't think it will be any good. it WILL be better than Angle vs. Henry at Royal Rumble and that's a plus. but i don't think not even Angle can carry Taker to a good match unless it's a gimmick match.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

While I'm not willing to pay to see this match, I am mildly interested in it and would watch it, if it was, say, a Smackdown main event or pops up on youtube. 

When Taker feels compelled to, he's still got enough gas to deliver something watchable, like the first Orton match and Angle probably feels he has something to prove after a critically panned performance against Henry.  They have had some very good chemistry in their previous encounters.

Because this match is occurring at No Way Out and the fact it really came out of nowhere and is being completely over-shadowed by the WWE's exploitation of Eddie Guerrero to get heat on the Undertaker's *****, Randy Orton, the match is probably not getting the attention it may deserve.

Personally, I'm just so tired of Taker's gimmicky crap (collapsing the damn ring, possibly the reason the Rumble got bumped out of the main event slot) and anti-jobbing (see Randy Orton) that its really hard for me to get into anything the old man does these days.  Mild interest is probably the best WWE can hope for from me these days in regards to Taker.  I hope Angle retains cleanly, but I foresee 734 guys inexplicably interfering allowing Angle to win.

Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#4 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts
i think it can be good if the undertaker doesnt seem all powerful
DirtyDarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 DirtyDarren
Member since 2004 • 10321 Posts
Do I want to see it..... not really.   Would I watch it if I had a chance...... probably.
HHH_The_Game00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 HHH_The_Game00
Member since 2005 • 905 Posts
Angle vs. Undertaker...If my knowledge of wrestling and years of watching has proven me wrong before...which it rarely does...i say undertaker has about as much a chance of winning every lottery worldwide simultaniously before he wins the title against angle at no way out...
lilhbk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 lilhbk
Member since 2004 • 10609 Posts

So I for one am looking forward to their upcoming match and was wondering if anyone else thinks the match has good potential?MOCGK

hopefully it will be good....even though angle will win..i wander when batista will be back..and if he's gonna get his title back

ToTheBank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 ToTheBank
Member since 2004 • 4471 Posts
angle will win so it doesnt matter all that much to me
hbk91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hbk91
Member since 2004 • 30874 Posts

Considering it was rumoured to take place at WM22, I am looking forward to their match up at No Way Out.

Right now, I think the build-up towards the match itself is interesting considering the fact that they're both face workers.

I wouldn't rule out anything though. Orton and Taker have some history so if Orton wins the WM22 main-event spot, I think Taker might win the World Title leading up to one more programme between the two. If this is the case though, I would have to say the end is near for Taker. I can guarantee if this was the real scenario, Taker would lose his WM winning streak at 13-1 as Orton kills the "legend" and "legacy" of The Deadman.

manhunt1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 manhunt1001
Member since 2004 • 2431 Posts
Not so much, Taker hasnt wrestled that well since early 2005 so i don't see this match beating the one on Smackdown.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#11 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

IThey then have a match between them from 2003 I believe, and it was really great.  The Undertaker actually does some submission holds and mat wrestles in addition to his normal routine and they have some great build-up through counters to each other's finishers. 

MOCGK

I haven't seen that match:(

GaMa729

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#12 GaMa729
Member since 2005 • 4270 Posts
i think this match is going to be good but im not gonna have a chance to see it
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Last_Ride

I think they are going to have a good match, but was the 2003 macth good?

Joex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Joex
Member since 2003 • 336 Posts
[QUOTE="MOCGK"]

IThey then have a match between them from 2003 I believe, and it was really great.  The Undertaker actually does some submission holds and mat wrestles in addition to his normal routine and they have some great build-up through counters to each other's finishers. 

The_Last_Ride

I haven't seen that match:(

Yeah, i have that match.... it was one of Undertakers best in my opinion, great great match between the two....thats the reason why i want to watch the NWO match, except that with taker in these days i wouldnt want to pay a dime to see his matches, his last good match i remember was te one with orton at summerslam, and if i recall right, Orton did all of the great moves and pulled the cool stuff

Avatar image for master4scorpion
master4scorpion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 master4scorpion
Member since 2005 • 16494 Posts
This Match Could Be Good. But We Will never know Until It actually Happens.....
Fridgeman500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Fridgeman500
Member since 2005 • 5429 Posts
I hope Undertaker wins....but knowing WWE Creative, Angles going to somehow pull it off :roll:
ssj4josh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 ssj4josh
Member since 2004 • 3547 Posts
everytime angle and undertaker are in the ring together, its always great to see...id definetely pay to see this match...i am going for angle though b/c he is awesome as champ IMO
Avatar image for master4scorpion
master4scorpion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 master4scorpion
Member since 2005 • 16494 Posts
everytime angle and undertaker are in the ring together, its always great to see...id definetely pay to see this match...i am going for angle though b/c he is awesome as champ IMOssj4josh
Angle is an awesome Champ. But Now Undertaker is getting slower and stuff so it could be worse than usual but it could always be good
Demonic_Jin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#19 Demonic_Jin
Member since 2005 • 10650 Posts

Not at all, because all of use know who will win. I'd be happy if Undertaker wins, but we all know it won't happen.

Maybe Taker can't put on as good matches as he used to, but maybe he just needs some motivation. Undertaker is going to retire within the next 1 or 2 years as well, i think the least the WWE could do for the Undertaker is give him a decent, 3-6 month reign as champion.

Well that's what i think at least, i know a lot of people will disagree

Kotenks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Kotenks
Member since 2004 • 8519 Posts
When he only shows up for PPVs sure he'd be a great champ. His match against henry on smackdown was a once in a blue moon thing
HHH_The_Game00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 HHH_The_Game00
Member since 2005 • 905 Posts
Well, the thing about the undertaker being the champion for a few months before retirement is that Vince is after all, a buisnessman. He would do what he thought was good for RATINGS, not how the undertaker felt about his last dying months in the buisness. The Undertaker would not disagree with Vinces decision because taker has been under Vinces "umbrella" for years, he knows how Vince works and if the taker deserves it because he makes great matches, then he might get a short title reign. I respect that in vince in part that he cares for the buisness over the selfish thoughts of one wrestler...if they are or are not selfish, maybe the fans are, who knows.
tidus_swain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22 tidus_swain
Member since 2003 • 10019 Posts

if taker wins the title it sets up Orton Taker at Wrestlemania, then maybe Orton will end takers career.

if its angle vs orton, that will be a good match but theres not the history there thats in Taker Orton.

trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 trick_man01
Member since 2003 • 11441 Posts
I have some anticipation, if Taker puts out the kind of effort like he did on SD!.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 The_Last_Ride

Not at all, because all of use know who will win. I'd be happy if Undertaker wins, but we all know it won't happen.

Maybe Taker can't put on as good matches as he used to, but maybe he just needs some motivation. Undertaker is going to retire within the next 1 or 2 years as well, i think the least the WWE could do for the Undertaker is give him a decent, 3-6 month reign as champion.

Well that's what i think at least, i know a lot of people will disagree

Demonic_Jin

i agree with you dude:)