Sony and MS dropped the ball

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 illmatic8582
Member since 2006 • 674 Posts

Not having these systems be backwards compatible will be a big negative for both consoles. Many people trade in their older consoles and keep their favorite games of said older console and use the trade in credit toward the newer system. All new systems go through game droughts; but you had the option to play your xbox classics on the 360, and many new ps2 games (God of War II) on the PS3.

This is not the case anymore so I feel a whole lot of people will keep their PS3s and XBOX360 and they will not rush out and buy these new consoles. Think about it, how long were you able to pre-order the XBOX1 and PS4? I remember the 360, Wii, and PS3 pre orders selling out very quicky.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

Not having these systems be backwards compatible will be a big negative for both consoles. Many people trade in their older consoles and keep their favorite games of said older console and use the trade in credit toward the newer system. All new systems go through game droughts; but you had the option to play your xbox classics on the 360, and many new ps2 games (God of War II) on the PS3.

This is not the case anymore so I feel a whole lot of people will keep their PS3s and XBOX360 and they will not rush out and buy these new consoles. Think about it, how long were you able to pre-order the XBOX1 and PS4? I remember the 360, Wii, and PS3 pre orders selling out very quicky.

illmatic8582

you can plug your 360 into your X1, thats a solution no?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
b-b-b-ut gaikai!11
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonsieurX

[QUOTE="illmatic8582"]

XBOunity

Someone missed the point :lol:
EthicalBandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 EthicalBandit
Member since 2013 • 86 Posts
If both consoles were BC, they would be $100 more each. If you already have the console and games , just keep the console.
illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 illmatic8582

[QUOTE="illmatic8582"]

XBOunity

What are you?
illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 illmatic8582
If both consoles were BC, they would be $100 more each. If you already have the console and games , just keep the console.EthicalBandit
It's not that simple for most people. Most people do not want several game consoles.
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="illmatic8582"]

MonsieurX

and someone gets so upset he missed e3....  dat headphones

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="illmatic8582"]

illmatic8582

What are you?

the 360 is its own device, they didnt drop the ball, your thread dropped the ball

blkgto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 blkgto
Member since 2005 • 811 Posts
Lol that happens a lot on here.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MonsieurX

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="XBOunity"]

XBOunity

Still missed the point. Need to keep the 360
stayhigh1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 stayhigh1
Member since 2008 • 724 Posts

illmatic8582
one word. gaikai
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] Someone missed the point :lol:MonsieurX

and thats preferred by many.    this isnt dropping the ball like the TC suggests.    He is reaching, kinda like you reach when heewee owns you ....  :lol:

illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 illmatic8582
You still need the 360/PS3 to play your 360/PS3 games
TheKingIAm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheKingIAm
Member since 2013 • 1531 Posts
What's the point of plugging your 360 to yourr X1 if you could just plug into your tv??
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XBOunity

[QUOTE="illmatic8582"]

stayhigh1

one word. gaikai

rebuy games?   why not just keep your PS3 and have online free with it?  

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 XBOunity

What's the point of plugging your 360 to yourr X1 if you could just plug into your tv??TheKingIAm

you can play with the new awesome controller on the x1?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MonsieurX

[QUOTE="TheKingIAm"]What's the point of plugging your 360 to yourr X1 if you could just plug into your tv??XBOunity

you can play with the new awesome controller on the x1?

You can?
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MonsieurX

XBOunity

and thats preferred by many.    this isnt dropping the ball like the TC suggests.    He is reaching, kinda like you reach when heewee owns you ....  :lol:

Still missed the point. Try again.
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] Still missed the point. Need to keep the 360MonsieurX

still a robot with your responses, sorry you got the shaft on E3 :lol:   heewee and others love proving points to you.   Anyway on topic, thread sucks.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MonsieurX

XBOunity

still a robot with your responses, sorry you got the shaft on E3 :lol:   heewee and others love proving points to you.   Anyway on topic, thread sucks.

Still not backward compatible,need to keep your old brick to play games Try harder
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] Still missed the point. Try again.MonsieurX

Still not backward compatible,need to keep your old brick to play games Try harder

still not dropping the ball, try harder if you think that, plus you never owned a 360 or a ps3, we all know this.

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

Not sure what I expected clicking on this thread. Kinda disappointed it's just BC talk again. :(

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MonsieurX

XBOunity

still not dropping the ball, try harder if you think that, plus you never owned a 360 or a ps3, we all know this.

How'd you know this?
illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 illmatic8582

Not sure what I expected clicking on this thread. Kinda disappointed it's just BC talk again. :(

Trail_Mix
It's gonna be a problem
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

no they didnt drop the ball. people are going to buy their systems. cod and bf are good enough for a lot of people to keep them plenty occupied for months or even years. this isnt last gen where console mp wasnt as popular.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 XBOunity

no they didnt drop the ball. people are going to buy their systems. cod and bf are good enough for a lot of people to keep them plenty occupied for months or even years. this isnt last gen where console mp wasnt as popular.

jsmoke03

i personally want my 360 with my xbox live account, the same account that i will use on the xbox one.   To me thats added value, hardly dropping the ball, the 360 is still relevent in alot of aspects.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MonsieurX

[QUOTE="jsmoke03"]

XBOunity

i personally want my 360 with my xbox live account, the same account that i will use on the xbox one.   To me thats added value, hardly dropping the ball, the 360 is still relevent in alot of aspects.

It's not. Just delusional,as usual
heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

[QUOTE="jsmoke03"]

XBOunity

Indeed. Loving the ownage your handing MonsiuerButthurt, keep it up good sir :lol:

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="jsmoke03"]

MonsieurX

???  you are so flustered you cant even write a sentence.   good grief, sorry you look foolish.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MonsieurX

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="jsmoke03"]

heeweesRus

Indeed. Loving the ownage your handing MonsiuerButthurt, keep it up good sir :lol:

Missed that part
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MonsieurX

XBOunity

???  you are so flustered you cant even write a sentence.   good grief, sorry you look foolish.

Learn to read :|
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="jsmoke03"]

heeweesRus

well your ownage of him was the most epic.   I bow to you for that, was worth laughs for thousands of hours.      :lol:    You are a LEGEND!!!! and the true owner of the monsiuer.   :lol:

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 XBOunity

heewee he is so upset now :lol:   redfaced and all, oh the ownage is glorious on that joke of a poster.    

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MonsieurX
[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] Still not backward compatible,need to keep your old brick to play games Try harderMonsieurX

How'd you know this?

Where are yours anyway?
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MonsieurX

heewee he is so upset now :lol:   redfaced and all, oh the ownage is glorious on that joke of a poster.    

XBOunity
Poor troll skills
illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 illmatic8582

Trail_Mix
It's gonna be a problem
[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

MonsieurX
Poor troll skills

yea not even funny lol
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jsmoke03
[QUOTE="EthicalBandit"]If both consoles were BC, they would be $100 more each. If you already have the console and games , just keep the console.illmatic8582
It's not that simple for most people. Most people do not want several game consoles.

so just wait til these consoles can stream past gen games
Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ugalde-
Member since 2009 • 3732 Posts
Lucky for me I am going to keep my console.
illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 illmatic8582
[QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="EthicalBandit"]If both consoles were BC, they would be $100 more each. If you already have the console and games , just keep the console.jsmoke03

I plan on getting them. I have a Wii U, PS3, PS Vita, and 3DS. Also have PS4 pre ordered. I mean most people won't early adopt as they have in the past. Both consoles might have numbers similar to Wii U
Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

illmatic8582

So you want to buy a PS4 so you can play PS3 games on it?

Chances are anyone who buys a PS4 already has a PS3, you could you know, keep it and play PS3 games on it. Or if someone wants a PS3 bad enough they can buy one. But youre acting like you can only own and use one console at a time.

When dvd players came out I never said "this is bullshit, it doesnt play vhs tapes on it". When I buy some new entertainment form I intend to it use it for its entertainment, not what was before it.

Would backwards compatibility to be cool? Of course and I would use it. But Im not going to bitch that I dont have it because like I said, I want a PS4 to play PS4 games on it.

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#42 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

[QUOTE="EthicalBandit"]If both consoles were BC, they would be $100 more each. If you already have the console and games , just keep the console.illmatic8582

wut

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jsmoke03
[QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="jsmoke03"][QUOTE="illmatic8582"] It's not that simple for most people. Most people do not want several game consoles.

I plan on getting them. I have a Wii U, PS3, PS Vita, and 3DS. Also have PS4 pre ordered. I mean most people won't early adopt as they have in the past. Both consoles might have numbers similar to Wii U

most people never adopt but not because of backwards compatibility. its based on price, availability and if there are no games. i know you said that as part of the argument that there should be backwards compatability but look what that did for the ps3.....there is too little of a minority for people that want bc.....most people that wait are waiting for games and or price
illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 illmatic8582

[QUOTE="illmatic8582"]

Gargus

Chances are anyone who buys a PS4 already has a PS3, you could you know, keep it and play PS3 games on it. Or if someone wants a PS3 bad enough they can buy one. But youre acting like you can only own and use one console at a time.

When dvd players came out I never said "this is bullshit, it doesnt play vhs tapes on it". When I buy some new entertainment form I intend to it use it for its entertainment, not what was before it.

Would backwards compatibility to be cool? Of course and I would use it. But Im not going to bitch that I dont have it because like I said, I want a PS4 to play PS4 games on it.

Obviously not buying a PS4 just to play PS3 games. I'm buying a PS4 because I want to have the newest gadgets. But most people do not need or want the newest. They will be perfectly fine playing GTA 5, Beyond two souls etc. I'm not bitching, but not being backwards compatible will effect both systems. That's just a fact
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jsmoke03
[QUOTE="Gargus"]

[QUOTE="illmatic8582"]

illmatic8582

Obviously not buying a PS4 just to play PS3 games. I'm buying a PS4 because I want to have the newest gadgets. But most people do not need or want the newest. They will be perfectly fine playing GTA 5, Beyond two souls etc. I'm not bitching, but not being backwards compatible will effect both systems. That's just a fact

opinion=/=fact
illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 illmatic8582
[QUOTE="Gargus"]

[QUOTE="illmatic8582"] Obviously not buying a PS4 just to play PS3 games. I'm buying a PS4 because I want to have the newest gadgets. But most people do not need or want the newest. They will be perfectly fine playing GTA 5, Beyond two souls etc. I'm not bitching, but not being backwards compatible will effect both systems. That's just a fact

[QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="EthicalBandit"]If both consoles were BC, they would be $100 more each. If you already have the console and games , just keep the console.Masenkoe

wut

Many people just have one system. Crazy right?
AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

I couldnt agree more, i have HUNDREDS of games and bc would ave been nice

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts
I understand if MS didn't since they're going to be using bluray. But Sony is coming from bluray to bluray and still no BC WTF. Also I understand if there's no disc BC but no digital BC, WTF!??
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
Is your ps3/360 magically disappearing?
ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts
I get why its a bit of a bummer not having BC and I would have liked to have seen it but they choose the specs and the type of architecture to provide us with a powerful and easier to programme for console. The only other option was base it of the old console to have BC but then have it still difficult to programme for. I think both did the right thing with the type of systems they are running even If I would have liked to have seen abit more power in them.