Did the draconian Xbox ONE policies actually hurt cows in the end?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for CallOfDutyRulez
CallOfDutyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CallOfDutyRulez
Member since 2013 • 1602 Posts

You may be thinking to yourselves, "What? The xbox ONE is failing. lolololololol... SONY will winrar next-gen", but let's have a look here.

Lots of cows think the free multiplayer service on the PSN was a gigantic advantage compared to the paid service on XBL. In fact, many cows here assumed that online play would remain free for the next-generation and declared a multiplayer paywall as the final straw that would push them towards a PC or the xbox. 

With the huge backlash Microsoft received after the xbox ONE unveiling and after their E3 conference, I can't help but wonder if SONY just added their multiplayer paywall as a last minute money-grabbing decision, hoping that the negative PR from the xbox ONE would make everyone ignore it.

Normally, people have the tendency to remember the first and the last things on a list and every company knows this. The fact that SONY added the paywall as the last feature of PS+ membership feature list just makes the whole thing highly suspicious and makes me feel it was added right after Microsoft's E3 conference.

What do you think? Would cows still have free multiplayer had the xbox ONE not had its draconian DRM policies?

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

No, they were at the drawing board for months, if not years prior. They didn't just blurt it out on stage on a whim. :?

And they needed too, PSN was a financial black hole for them, they sank a shitton of money into and gained very little back. Pretty much a necessary step, and one they can get away with because the competition is charging too.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

cows are pathetic, they care more about the xbox one than they do the POS4.   maybe its because they have no games, or the 4.5 of ram, i dont know, they just cant stop talking about the xbox one.   

CallOfDutyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CallOfDutyRulez

No, they were at the drawing board for months, if not years prior. They didn't just blurt it out on stage on a whim. :?

And they needed too, PSN was a financial black hole for them, they sank a shitton of money into and gained very little back. Pretty much a necessary step, and one they can get away with because the competition is charging too.

balfe1990

Well, you have to spend money to build an infrastructure. Of course it wouldn't be profitable this gen. 

The xbox division makes several hundreds of millions in profit every year, but it still hasn't made back the money Microsoft spent on it when it was starting.

CallOfDutyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CallOfDutyRulez

cows are pathetic, they care more about the xbox one than they do the POS4.   maybe its because they have no games, or the 4.5 of ram, i dont know, they just cant stop talking about the xbox one.   

XBOunity

Excellent observation, but that has nothing to do with my topic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Please stop posting.
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

cows are pathetic, they care more about the xbox one than they do the POS4. maybe its because they have no games, or the 4.5 of ram, i dont know, they just cant stop talking about the xbox one.

StrongBlackVine

Crack or Meth. Which are you smoking?

truth hurts your avatar.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

the only xbox1 thing that makes me jealous is that you can cook an egg on the top, ps4 cant do that cause its cool no matter howmany hours you play..

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

You may be thinking to yourselves, "What? The xbox ONE is failing. lolololololol... SONY will winrar next-gen", but let's have a look here.

Lots of cows think the free multiplayer service on the PSN was a gigantic advantage compared to the paid service on XBL. In fact, many cows here assumed that online play would remain free for the next-generation and declared a multiplayer paywall as the final straw that would push them towards a PC or the xbox. 

With the huge backlash Microsoft received after the xbox ONE unveiling and after their E3 conference, I can't help but wonder if SONY just added their multiplayer paywall as a last minute money-grabbing decision, hoping that the negative PR from the xbox ONE would make everyone ignore it.

Normally, people have the tendency to remember the first and the last things on a list and every company knows this. The fact that SONY added the paywall as the last feature of PS+ membership feature list just makes the whole thing highly suspicious and makes me feel it was added right after Microsoft's E3 conference.

What do you think? Would cows still have free multiplayer had the xbox ONE not had its draconian DRM policies?

CallOfDutyRulez

I can play free to play games online free on PS4 how are free to play games free on xbox one when you have to pay for xbox live to play online on those..:lol:

I can record games free.

I can use apps free.

I don't have to pay for and over price camera to get a weak console.

Sony was going to do it no matter what,at least they did not separate it from PSN+ which make it transparent to me,or have a higher tier of PSN+ with online included for an even higher price,PSN+ without online still is better value than live,but online hidden behind it in nothing help PSN+ been a better value.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

COdRulez, lord of the trolls.

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#12 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1583 Posts
cows..........mooooooooo! -.-
Eminence_Front

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Eminence_Front
Member since 2013 • 28 Posts

balfe1990
That's just too logical. You sure you're in the right place?