EA continues its hate tirade against Wii U: no new DLCs coming to NFS:MW U

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

EA-Evil-Empire-Fact-Fiction-BT.jpg

The bad news comes form developer Alex Ward at Criterion Games, who explained on Twitter that there are no plans to bring future DLC packs to the Wii U version of the game. Developers and publishers have surprisingly skipped the Wii U when it comes to additional game content in the form of DLC.

As for the Need For Speed Most Wanted U DLC, the game has received a bunch of car packs over the past few months, and more are planned in the future. But only on the PS3 and Xbox 360.

http://wiiudaily.com/2013/03/need-for-speed-most-wanted-u-not-getting-dlc/

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kjranu
Well I guess I won't be picking up NFS:MW U today if they are going to treat their customers like this.
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

No DLC is bad news? I wish there was no DLC on any platform TBH. Gone are the days when developers thanked you for buying their games by releasing patches to fix bugs and better their games with free content. Now you justget charged for content that could likely have been in the finished version anyway. No doubt ill get buthurt DLC supporters on my balls over this comment but I dont care, you idiots are the reason they keep doing it.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#4 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

The only developers putting actual DLC on the system are Ubisoft, Tecmo, and Capcom. :\

I have no idea why Activision has put NONE of the Call of Duty DLC on the WiiU, but I already know why there's no DLC for Mass Effect 3 and Need for Speed. (psst, it's EA's massive hate for Nintendo right now.)

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

No DLC is bad news? I wish there was no DLC on any platform TBH. Gone are the days when developers thanked you for buying their games by releasing patches to fix bugs and better their games with free content. Now you justget charged for content that could likely have been in the finished version anyway. No doubt ill get buthurt DLC supporters on my balls over this comment but I dont care, you idiots are the reason they keep doing it.

pelvist
Yeah, I agree. If I'm going to buy DLC, it had better be a massive expansion pack.
Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

pelvist

I agree most DLC is bullsh!t, but it doesn't bode well for the Wii U getting left out of stuff like that. 

1-UPking82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 1-UPking82
Member since 2013 • 102 Posts
It seems like devs are not going to be supporting the Wii U, which is a really bad sign for Nintendo. I can understand why though, the Wii U is simply not powerful enough to be a true next gen system, so why would a developer waste their resources on it? This is coming from someone who owns a Wii U, trust me it is no next gen system and I bet Nintendo will have problems with it later.
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
EA would do it if it made them enough money. The user base is probably not there to justify it.
deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 deangallop
Member since 2004 • 3811 Posts

pelvist

You are the idiot if you don't think there is some good dlc out there.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

pelvist
Patches are free? :? What games are you refering to that gave out all this free post-release content in the past?
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

This really just sucks. I'm tired of this happening

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

EA are being dumb asses. That is their calling. They will only miss out on sales.
I suppose EA is not all about the money, they are also about bugging Nintendo. This isn't helping anyone.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Michael0134567
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

KungfuKitten
Nah it energises me. EA are being dumb asses. That is their call. They will only miss out on sales. I suppose EA is not all about the money, they are also about bugging Nintendo like they should care.

EA sucks now.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KungfuKitten
[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Michael0134567
Nah it energises me. EA are being dumb asses. That is their call. They will only miss out on sales. I suppose EA is not all about the money, they are also about bugging Nintendo like they should care.

EA sucks now.

Yeah and not lollipops. They're not cute at all.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Michael0134567
[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="KungfuKitten"] Nah it energises me. EA are being dumb asses. That is their call. They will only miss out on sales. I suppose EA is not all about the money, they are also about bugging Nintendo like they should care.

EA sucks now.

Lol I love sucking lollipops.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KungfuKitten
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"] EA sucks now.

Me too!!
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Michael0134567
[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="KungfuKitten"] Yeah and not lollipops. They're not cute at all.

Me too!!

;)
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts
:( Poor sheep. The game is probably going to flop in sales anyway so this doesn't matter.
LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

Why am I not surprised.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Michael0134567
:( Poor sheep. The game is probably going to flop in sales anyway so this doesn't matter. I_can_haz
You know you want it.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
[QUOTE="pelvist"]

blue_hazy_basic
Patches are free? :? What games are you refering to that gave out all this free post-release content in the past?

TF2 has given a TON of free content ;)
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
Nintendo's relationship with third parties continues to suck arse.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="pelvist"]

starwarsjunky

and i'm not referring to it going F2P. It has made a lot of new maps, weapon, cosmetic items, even a new game mode.
AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AcidThunder
Member since 2010 • 2332 Posts
well that sucks for Wii U owners
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

1. I don't like DLCs

2. I don't like Racing games that much that i buy them, at best i download a demo and that is enough

3. I don't like EA

So yeah this is not a big loss for me:lol:

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
so much for the SUPERIOR nfs version
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

so much for the SUPERIOR nfs versionsilversix_

It is still "Superior" when it come to show what machine is best, then if other versions get more content is not same thing...

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#28 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts
And this all because Nintendo won't allow EA to use Origin on Wii U. The reason why they abandoned SEGA was somewhat understandable, but this...
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KungfuKitten
[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]And this all because Nintendo won't allow EA to use Origin on Wii U. The reason why they abandoned SEGA was somewhat understandable, but this...

Not that. They wanted the Wii U online to BE Origin, all of it. As far as I understand it.
Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Nohtnym
Member since 2010 • 1552 Posts

Nintendo's relationship with third parties continues to suck arse. Bread_or_Decide

Not really. They are getting better. Compare Wii U's third party games to Wii's. Wii's third party support is from hell (from heaven if you love shovelware).

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#31 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts
[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]And this all because Nintendo won't allow EA to use Origin on Wii U. The reason why they abandoned SEGA was somewhat understandable, but this...

Not that. They wanted the Wii U online to BE Origin, all of it. As far as I understand it.

Either way, the reason they are treating Ninty this way over their plans with Origin on Wii U is in no ways reasonable.
Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Kjranu
:( Poor sheep. The game is probably going to flop in sales anyway so this doesn't matter. I_can_haz
I think the game is actually flying off the shelves. My gamestop was already out of stock just four hours after opening. WTF? The Walmart also ran out of their copies. Either EA only made so few copies or they are really hot.
Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kjranu
[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]And this all because Nintendo won't allow EA to use Origin on Wii U. The reason why they abandoned SEGA was somewhat understandable, but this...

That sounds like a fake rumor if you ask me.
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]And this all because Nintendo won't allow EA to use Origin on Wii U. The reason why they abandoned SEGA was somewhat understandable, but this...Kjranu

It is fake. I can't believe people actually fell for that rumor.

EA is abandoning Wii U because it isn't selling. Simple as that.

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

Meanwhile, I advise every single Wii U owner to buy this amazing game.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#36 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

who cares i already paid 60 for a game  i dont need to spend an extra 5 for new cars cause by the time that happens another racing game is coming around the corner lol i bought the game today and im already impressed with what it offers already it has enough content and when i m done ill mess w the cops  lol 

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
Becuase the systems have a damn 32GB limit.... they know nintendogs wont buy much DLC.... that whole 5 people that own Wii Us.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts
Wii U is garbage anyway its not even a next gen console ..who cares
PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PurpleMan5000
Becuase the systems have a damn 32GB limit.... they know nintendogs wont buy much DLC.... that whole 5 people that own Wii Us.MBirdy88
I have never purchased a single piece of DLC for my PS3, and I really doubt I would ever purchase it for the Wii U, so maybe they do know their audience. Actually, I might get the Luigi DLC for NSMB because apparently it has about the same amount of content as the original game.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KungfuKitten

[QUOTE="Kjranu"][QUOTE="KungfuKitten"] Not that. They wanted the Wii U online to BE Origin, all of it. As far as I understand it.Obviously_Right

It is fake. I can't believe people actually fell for that rumor.

EA is abandoning Wii U because it isn't selling. Simple as that.

We'll see when the other platforms release. If they use Origin then maybe some of the rumours were true. Did the sports games sell bad on the Wii? If they weren't selling at all then that could a very obvious reason to abandon support yes. That also means that hardly anyone should care.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] Patches are free? :? What games are you refering to that gave out all this free post-release content in the past?starwarsjunky

and i'm not referring to it going F2P. It has made a lot of new maps, weapon, cosmetic items, even a new game mode.

But TF2 is still a relatively recent game and Valve are win. Pelvist made it seem like in the dim and distant past that bundles of free after purchase content was a common place practice. Not to mention that patches could be an absolute pain in the arse to find (and non-existant for consoles).

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
Clearly game didn't sale enough to even question putting DLC on the system for a chance to sell. SO blame nintendo for poor marketing not EA
PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PurpleMan5000
Clearly game didn't sale enough to even question putting DLC on the system for a chance to sell. SO blame nintendo for poor marketing not EAk2theswiss
Didn't it just come out like today?
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 I_can_haz
[QUOTE="I_can_haz"]:( Poor sheep. The game is probably going to flop in sales anyway so this doesn't matter. Michael0134567
You know you want it.

;) Yea I want Jessica. :oops: Give her to me!!
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Michael0134567
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="I_can_haz"]:( Poor sheep. The game is probably going to flop in sales anyway so this doesn't matter. I_can_haz
You know you want it.

No, she's mine ;).
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 I_can_haz
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="I_can_haz"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"] You know you want it.

No, she's mine ;).

;) We'll see what she thinks about that after I bribe her with some of my lollipop.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Michael0134567
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="I_can_haz"];) Yea I want Jessica. :oops: Give her to me!!I_can_haz
No, she's mine ;).

;) We'll see what she thinks about that after I bribe her with some of my lollipop.

She's got plenty of lollipops ;).
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 I_can_haz
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="I_can_haz"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"] No, she's mine ;).

:P Something tells me she'll like mine better.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Michael0134567
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="I_can_haz"];) We'll see what she thinks about that after I bribe her with some of my lollipop.I_can_haz

:P Something tells me she'll like mine better.

No she won't! :x
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
[QUOTE="k2theswiss"]Clearly game didn't sale enough to even question putting DLC on the system for a chance to sell. SO blame nintendo for poor marketing not EAPurpleMan5000
Didn't it just come out like today?

i guess so. i thought it was already out but, either way that goes for wii u sales to.