GameSpot Newsletter frozen

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jirka_w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jirka_w
Member since 2003 • 27 Posts

I have received the same set of "5 daily news" for at least fortnight. All these "news" originate from begining of September.

Moreover even when my profile inform me about more updates on games which I follow, there is the same list of articles lead with "the most recent" DayZ diaries 9 from the September 5th.

It looks as something does not work properly. I have tried to reread the pages and to access them from different PC as well.

Regards JiVy aka jirka_w

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JodyR
Member since 2005 • 16454 Posts
I've let them know about your case and will follow-up if I hear anything back. Thanks.
swersin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 swersin
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Yep, I'm getting the same issue as well - pretty much identical to issue I had back in April / May, see post here: http://au.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29151629/gamespot-daily-newsletter-repeating. Getting the same content (Picks, Most Popular Games and Latest News) in the Gamespot Daily Newsletter and the Gamespot PC Newsletter every day for the past 10 days (maybe longer). Content for Gamespot Daily Newsletter is always the same articles;

• Dota 2 Diaries - Part 9: Welcome to the Jungle
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Interview with Katsuhiro Harada
  • Xbox Singapore Media Showcase Wrap-Up
  • Fighting Game Changes with Dead or Alive 5's Yosuke Hayashi.
  • Top Five Skyrim Mods of the Week - Musician Bear meets Heavy Metal Dragon

If it is useful, complete list of newsletter contents I'm getting is in this post here;

http://au.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29151629/gamespot-daily-newsletter-repeating?msg_id=338348515#338348515

Tarot_Redhand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Tarot_Redhand
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
While I don't recall having had this problem when others did back in April/May, I have been getting the same letter now for about a month. TR
lego_maniac_84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lego_maniac_84
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

It's true, the newsletter is broken! I have been receiving the same stories in the GameSpot Daily Newsletter emails for the last few weeks. And its formatting layout is disjointed as well with the columns not appearing as they should.

cammby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6 cammby
Member since 2003 • 113 Posts

Mine has repeated since the September 10th newsletter. Also had same problem in April/May of this year and that took a month and a half to fix, so apparently not high on the priority list. Probably time to look for an alternative since it's a repeat problem and due to the extended time to fix a seemingly easy issue.