New GTA V rumors and info

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZaydPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ZaydPain
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
So before I start with the info I received, I'd like to say Hello because I'm a new member. I managed to gain highly ranked gaming industry proffesional connections so I'd always like to share the information that I gain. The information I've gained regards Grand Theft Auto V. It is ALL completely not confirmed by the developer Rockstar, and I can't imagine that they actually would. So my connection managed to get a tour and rundown of some GTA V info and they have disclosed the information to me: "My tour to Rockstar North, allowed me to get a rundown of the most highly anticipated project and their most 'ambitious project ever.' Some new details I learned include: -The Protagonist is a middle-aged Semi-American, Semi-Hispanic family man named Albert De Silva, (like many rumors were proclaiming), who ran a Crime Syndicate in Vice City, but hung his coat once he discovered that he was having a child. His child, Kevin de Silva is 19-years old, and currently lives with his Dad when they moved to Los Santos after abandoning the crimes in Vice City. He is your stereotypical Call of Duty player, though he always acts suspicious towards his father. -The story details Albert running into trouble by a certain gang. After escaping from his near death situation, he decides to revive his gang in Los Santos, because he feels as if he's become too soft, and can't fend for himself. He tries to hunt down old connections, however finds that he must create the gang from Scratch all over again, with the help of his son, who is his right-hand man, to his father's disgrace. The outside of the story gameplay is similar to GTA: Vice City Stories where you can recruit Gang Members and attack Gang Sites to earn property. It is also similar to GTA: The Lost and Damned where you can track your friends that are currently with you's health. You can also participate in Gang Operations like roberies, drive-by's, etc. -Microsoft and Rockstar are once again, in another agreement to bring ALL DLC to XBOX first. ---Also, the consoles that the Game will be coming to are ALL Next-Gen, meaning XBOX 720 as people know it, PS4, PC, and Rockstar and Take-Two (The publisher) are currently considering a Wii U version. It will be coming out anytime from October 2013-July 2014. ---DLC will not only involve Episodic Packs, but also Customization Packs such as Clothes, Vehicles, and Land Changes (Construction changes, New Buildings, Destroyed Buildings) -The Customiazation feature for the Protagonist is greatly enforced this time, in a manner similar to the Saints Row franchise. Exercise is a key factor, and clothes will vary by this meaning that if you buy something when you are skinny, and then get really fat, you can see the difference (meaning stretching, etc.) There are at least 100 in-game vehicles from the start, with more to be earned later in the game, or via DLC. Vehicles can also be customized such as adding Nitrous, Hydraulics, Convertible tops, and more. -Dating is back, though not much was described. -The Gameplay mechanics have been redesigned, so if you are trying to do a drive-by and are gaining or decreasing speed, your shooting will be affected. -Animals such as dogs will be introduced, though if attacked, they will rapidly sprint away. This was to prevent a backlash from PETA and other Animal Cruelty Prevention Organizations. -The Protagonist will not die, however he will have someone close to him die that will show his dark side. -The Previous rumors about the Wanted Rating were true so: -1 star - police follow you on foot and try to make an arrest. No sirens, no car chases (unless you are speeding). -2 star - police will still attempt to make an arrest. If a weapon is drawn then the police will begin opening fire. Police will use stun guns if a weapon is not drawn. -3 star - Chases begin and the police don't care how they stop you, they just want to do it. -4 star - road traps, radio stations and much more hostile police. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 24 in-game hours for someone matching your description. -5 star - shoot to kill, arrest only if it's made very possible. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 48 in-game hours for someone matching your description. Few missions become unavailable if you are wanted. -6 star - military vehicles come after you. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 72 in-game hours for someone matching your description. Some missions become unavailable if you are wanted. -The Map is roughly 3x the size of GTA IV's. -A Former Protagonist will appear and join Albert's new Gang. -The Radio has been GREATLY improved. Rockstar has partnered with iHeart Radio, to let you stream Live Radio from any iHeart Radio station in game. -Nightclubs are back, even including Maisonette 10 as an Easter egg. -Rockstar has designed the Environment to have at Least 50% of buildings enterable. So, as you can see, my tour of Rockstar provided me with several details regarding GTA V, even letting me play a Beta demo to experience some of these things. I hope my information has been helpful so I hope you have been hyped. Have a Nice Day, (Name Hidden for NDA reasons)" So what do you guys think? Should my source be telling the truth, this info is pretty exciting, but I'm a bit skeptical.
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#2 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
Some of it sounds like crap, especially the "coming to next gen consoles" part. Other parts sound like generic information that could have easily been made up but still may be somewhat accurate. I'm not going to think much of stuff like this, I'll just wait for official announcements.
tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

50% buildings enterable... that sounds awesome.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
ill believe it when i see gameplay and proof from R*
Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts
What are your credentials?
ZaydPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ZaydPain
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
What are your credentials? VanHelsingBoA64
I work year round as a Reporter for for the San Fransisco newspaper "San Fransisco Chronicle" and their website "sfgate.com" Every year they send me down to GDC to report and note on whats going on, where I manage to score details regarding games, Game Engines, etc. I also get most of my connections through there. They've been sending me down there since GDC 2008.
RAGEofSTUNTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 RAGEofSTUNTS
Member since 2010 • 733 Posts
Oh no.....Saints Row-like DLC.
chrinj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chrinj
Member since 2012 • 139 Posts

Some of it sounds like crap!

rwallacefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 rwallacefan
Member since 2005 • 4886 Posts
Funny I saw this same exact thing posted on another message board with a different user name.
JudgementEden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#10 JudgementEden
Member since 2004 • 2832 Posts
"-Animals such as dogs will be introduced, though if attacked, they will rapidly sprint away. This was to prevent a backlash from PETA and other Animal Cruelty Prevention Organizations." That is just stupid. Why didn't they do the same thing on Red Dead Redemption? You could kill animals all you wanted. If they would really bend over backwards for THAT backwards group, they lost some respect. Who gives a damn about PETA.
bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

it sounds good but like alot of people surely rochstar wouldn't give that much away if it's true then sounds great, but somethings telling me while i was reading it that anyone could of come up with a story like that and from what information we have had would be able to put some info up like what is being told here, but i guess only time will tell, i am hoping for an rpg element back in a gta

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
[QUOTE="VanHelsingBoA64"]What are your credentials? ZaydPain
I work year round as a Reporter for for the San Fransisco newspaper "San Fransisco Chronicle" and their website "sfgate.com" Every year they send me down to GDC to report and note on whats going on, where I manage to score details regarding games, Game Engines, etc. I also get most of my connections through there. They've been sending me down there since GDC 2008.

If you are why would you begin to admit any details about your identity on the internet? If what you said was true I'm sure Rockstar doesn't appreciate it and I'd guess you could get in trouble
woodyfr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#13 woodyfr
Member since 2010 • 288 Posts

These are just lies from a guy who doesn't know what do.
Show us some proofs like your report on sfgate.com, your full name (as a reporter why do you need to hide ? it's only Zayden ?)
I can't find you here : http://www.sfgate.com/chronicle-contacts/

Funny because it's Casey Newton who wrote articles for GDC 2010 and with photos/articles fromKim White, Bloomberg News.
No Zayden here... like you wrote on your gamespot blog.

"So what do you guys think? Should my source be telling the truth, this info is pretty exciting, but I'm a bit skeptical."

Why do ask if your source is telling the truth ? YOU are the reporter wannabe. You said your source is from Rockstar North. If you don't believe the creator of the game why do you think we should believe the bull**** you wrote ?

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#14 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1581 Posts
I'm glad the army are back. GTA4 sucked as it took so much out of the GTA feeling. But i'm so gutted Rockstar couldnt be bothered to add the other 2 cities :(. I just hope you can fly the military jet and tank :D
bb2945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bb2945
Member since 2009 • 97 Posts

i'm big and tall. i whip out my dick to impress the patrons at the bar.

MC-Reap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MC-Reap
Member since 2011 • 595 Posts

Anyone with half a brain could smell the stink coming off this pile of **** miles away. Move along people. Please don't spread rumors.

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 Amster_G
Member since 2009 • 4329 Posts

Whoa, the original thread is kinda old. Why revive this? Rumors are rumors...

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

Next gen consoles?, that can't be ture because game shops are already taking preorders for the PS3 and 360 versions.

dazman31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#19 dazman31
Member since 2005 • 2507 Posts

"-Animals such as dogs will be introduced, though if attacked, they will rapidly sprint away. This was to prevent a backlash from PETA and other Animal Cruelty Prevention Organizations." That is just stupid. Why didn't they do the same thing on Red Dead Redemption? You could kill animals all you wanted. If they would really bend over backwards for THAT backwards group, they lost some respect. Who gives a damn about PETA.JudgementEden

In RDR, the killing of animals contextually served a purpose (i.e. the collection and trade of skin/pelts etc.). In a modern day setting the killing of animals such as dogs wouldn't serve any real purpose. Their presence on the other hand would serve the purpose of adding realism. So not really a stupid point.