Okami Magnificent Version Confirmed for PS3. Move Support. NOW with Trailer!

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

Yesterday's reports of a PS3 version of Okami have been confirmed by Famitsu (and our usual source for early Famitsu leaks).

As reported yesterday, the PS3 game is a remastered version of the original Okami. It's titled Okami Zekkie-ban, which we're translating as Okami Magnificent Version for now.

The game will support PlayStation Move. Aside from that little bit, we're waiting on details on what's new.

PS3's Okami HD remaster will be released on November 1, priced ¥3,990. The first print run of the game will include a serial code for a Play View digital version of a book based off Okami.

http://andriasang.com/con1j1/okami_ps3_confirmed/

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC2vSGDaj3E&feature=player_embedded

Confirmed the English version this Fall.. PSN and price= $20

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/19/okami-hd-coming-exclusively-to-ps3-with-playstation-move-support-this-fall/

"

Okami HD for PS3

Grab your Celestial Brush! I?m pleased to confirm that this fall, gamers will be able to return to the land of Nippon in Okami HD, exclusively on the PS3 with PlayStation Move support. Initially released to critical acclaim on the PS2, Okami HD has the player take on the role of Amaterasu, the Japanese sun goddess, who inhabits the form of a wolf. After a tyrannical monster, Orochi, turns the world into a ruined, colorless wasteland, Amaterasu must use her magical abilities to restore the land to its previous glory and defeat the demon in charge of the destruction.

Okami HD brings Amaterasu?s epic tale to the PS3 with fully integrated HD graphics and widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio. I did not think it was possible to make the game look even better, but when I saw it for myself, I was a believer. The trademark sumi-e ink art style lends itself perfectly to HD, allowing players to experience more of the awe-inspiring world displayed in more detail than ever before.

To create an even more immersive experience, you can take your PlayStation Move motion controller and use it as your own Celestial Brush and naturally make brush strokes to defeat enemies and solve puzzles. That said, if you?re just in the mood to relive Okami in HD with the same controls as you had on your PS2, you can also play with your traditional PS3 controllers.

To top things off, we know everyone loves Trophies, so Okami HD will support PS3 Trophies, (including a Platinum) giving you new challenges to face and feats to complete. Okami HD will be available for download exclusively on PS3 in North America and Europe this fall."

finalstar2007

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Woho! i never played this game on PS2 so i look forward to this

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

loltiger.gif

was waiting for this news

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
well.................................. thats nice, but.................................. at this point............................. why? I think the VITA could use this game more than the PS3 needs it
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

eh game has never interested me.

Androvinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Androvinus
Member since 2008 • 5796 Posts
Maybe if the remaster sells it will get a true sequel.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

finalstar2007
AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

Cool. I'll buy it. Do older titles have trophy support too?

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#9 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Good for PS3 onwers who lack a BC PS3 and never played it on PS2. I have the Wii version and the game is fantastic. It is the best attempt at replicating the Zelda formula I have seen. It is structured very much like Zelda, but it has its own flavor. Not only that but it's overworld gameplay is executed better than Zelda and it has better visuals. That being said, the dungeons don't even come close to even the worst Zelda dungeons, but still, its a beautiful magical experience.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GreySeal9

Maybe if the remaster sells it will get a true sequel.Androvinus

How did it sell on the Wii? I know it didn't do very well on PS2, but I'm not sure how the Wii version fared.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts
I still think this is pretty lazy, at least most other companies sell their re-released games in packs of two or more
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Chris_Williams

[QUOTE="Androvinus"]Maybe if the remaster sells it will get a true sequel.GreySeal9

How did it sell on the Wii? I know it didn't do very well on PS2, but I'm not sure how the Wii version fared.

The ps2 version did way better then the wii version http://nintendoeverything.com/6492/capcom-talks-okami-wii-sales/
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#13 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

So...It's just the Wii Version HDified?

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="Androvinus"]Maybe if the remaster sells it will get a true sequel.Chris_Williams

The ps2 version did way better then the wii version http://nintendoeverything.com/6492/capcom-talks-okami-wii-sales/

I kind of suspected that but I didn't know.

I hate to be a party pooper but I don't think this game is ever going to sell that well.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Chris_Williams
I still think this is pretty lazy, at least most other companies sell their re-released games in packs of two or morerilpas
I will glady pay 40 bucks to play Okami in 1080p HD.
Androvinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 Androvinus
Member since 2008 • 5796 Posts

[QUOTE="Androvinus"]Maybe if the remaster sells it will get a true sequel.GreySeal9

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/7666/okami/ vgchartz says 500k. slightly less than the ps2 version.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 themajormayor

It is the best attempt at replicating the Zelda formula...

GreySeal9

Oh... :(

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

In anycase, If this doesn't sell then we will most definitely not see Okami 3.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

themajormayor

If you don't like Zelda, you really should spend your money on something else. The game is entirely Zelda-like in terms of structure and gameplay. It just has its own twists and much different aesthetics. But yeah, Okami is basically a Zelda with Japanese mythology, dungeons that are more basic and a more vibrant overworld.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="Androvinus"]Maybe if the remaster sells it will get a true sequel.Androvinus

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/7666/okami/ vgchartz says 500k. slightly less than the ps2 version.

I wonder why this game didn't catch on sales-wise.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts
Awesome news for the PS3....Bravo.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Chris_Williams

In anycase, If this doesn't sell then we will most definitely not see Okami 3.

LegatoSkyheart
man i hope we do, i miss Ammy
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

GreySeal9

If you don't like, you really should spend your money on something else. The game is entirely Zelda-like in terms of structure and gameplay. It just has its own twists and much different aesthetics. But yeah, Okami is basically a Zelda with Japanese mythology, dungeons that are more basic and a more vibrant overworld.

Well I have nothing against the gameplay of Zelda. Just everything else.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]

themajormayor

If you don't like, you really should spend your money on something else. The game is entirely Zelda-like in terms of structure and gameplay. It just has its own twists and much different aesthetics. But yeah, Okami is basically a Zelda with Japanese mythology, dungeons that are more basic and a more vibrant overworld.

Well, if you dislike Zelda's aesthetics, then you might like this game. If you dislike its structure, you won't. If you think Zelda's dungeons are the best part about it (I don't know if you do or not), Okami's dungeons are weaker. If you dislike the overworld gameplay of Zelda, you might like Okami but that is a huge might. If you dislike Zelda's story, you might find the one in Okami to have a little more spark and humor to it (the game takes itself less seriously than Zelda). But if you dislike the fact that Zelda has no voice acting, Okami doesn't have it either and some of the noise that the characters make in Okami is a little annoying.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

GreySeal9

Well, if you dislike Zelda's aesthetics, then you might like this game. If you dislike its structure, you won't. If you think Zelda's dungeons are the best part about it (I don't know if you do or not), Okami's dungeons are weaker. If you dislike the overworld gameplay of Zelda, you might like Okami but that is a huge might. If you dislike Zelda's story, you might find the one in Okami to have a little more spark and humor to it (the game takes itself less seriously than Zelda). But if you dislike the fact that Zelda has no voice acting, Okami doesn't have it either and some of the noise that the characters make in Okami is a little annoying.

Yeah it sounds like it's possible I can like this game. I dislike the aesthetics of Zelda but not the structure. And yeah I think the overworld is too empty so if it's more vibrant it's good.

But yeah I want voiceacting in my games but I guess I can manage anyway if it's an otherwise good game.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Hopefully more people will play this masterpiece.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

im sure it will look beautiful...some people are in for a treat. but i just dont feel like replaying it again so soon...also my backlog is huge.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

I bet you this will be a digital download only game because it's not being offered in a collection. No way this game retails for $39.99 as a standalone.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"] Well I have nothing against the gameplay of Zelda. Just everything else.themajormayor

Yeah it sounds like it's possible I can like this game. I dislike the aesthetics of Zelda but not the structure. And yeah I think the overworld is too empty so if it's more vibrant it's good.

But yeah I want voiceacting in my games but I guess I can manage anyway if it's an otherwise good game.

The world is definitely more vibrant. Not only that, but it feels more organic as well. Like I said, the only thing holding it back is its comparatively weak dungeons, but as long as one doesn't compare them to Zelda dungeon design, they're pretty enjoyable and well-designed. And if you think that Zelda's dungeons are too puzzle-heavy for your tastes, you might enjoy Okami's dungeons more.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

finalstar2007
What happened I thought you didn't play old games :lol:
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

This is why I don't buy successful PS2 games for my BC PS3.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

[QUOTE="rilpas"]I still think this is pretty lazy, at least most other companies sell their re-released games in packs of two or moreChris_Williams

We'll see if it's actually 1080p, or even actually 720p. Capcom didn't do so great at all on the Resident Evil "remasters", actually some people stipulated they didn't even look like "remasters" running the games natively. At best they were just upscaling.

I don't know about the Devil May Cry remakes. Seems like those got a better reception, but there were still sime "laziness" issues. I read that the main intro screen is in 480p quality!

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Chris_Williams

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"][QUOTE="rilpas"]I still think this is pretty lazy, at least most other companies sell their re-released games in packs of two or more2Chalupas

We'll see if it's actually 1080p, or even actually 720p. Capcom didn't do so great at all on the Resident Evil "remasters", actually some people stipulated they didn't even look like "remasters" running the games natively. At best they were just upscaling.

I don't know about the Devil May Cry remakes. Seems like those got a better reception, but there were still sime "laziness" issues. I read that the main intro screen is in 480p quality!

i'll take 720 also, i'm not picky
Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Why not a full fledged sequel? Okami was beautiful but I'm not interested in playing it again.

ChaltierX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ChaltierX
Member since 2009 • 1128 Posts

This is one of the best games I have ever played; definitely gonna rebuy it.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Hopefully it does well.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

Another quick cash in

I have played this game 3 times already, cant bother any more just because it is in HD resolution

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Okami is awesome! day 1
IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#39 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

I look forward to playing this with a traditional controller. I have it on the Wii and loved it, but motion controls just aren't for me.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

Who cares about the PS3 version move is crap, port it to the Vita, brushstrokes would be a breeze.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#42 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
nothx. PS2 version forever.
GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

hopefully there will be a vita version as well

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
port it to the Vita, brushstrokes would be a breeze.Blake135
Oh god, this.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

the fine print tc.. asian markets only

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#46 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

the fine print tc.. asian markets only

ionusX

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/19/okami-hd-coming-exclusively-to-ps3-with-playstation-move-support-this-fall/

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Awesome I loved Okami going to be great playing it in HD :D

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Confirmed the English version this Fall.. PSN and price= $20

"

Okami HD for PS3

Grab your Celestial Brush! I?m pleased to confirm that this fall, gamers will be able to return to the land of Nippon in Okami HD, exclusively on the PS3 with PlayStation Move support. Initially released to critical acclaim on the PS2, Okami HD has the player take on the role of Amaterasu, the Japanese sun goddess, who inhabits the form of a wolf. After a tyrannical monster, Orochi, turns the world into a ruined, colorless wasteland, Amaterasu must use her magical abilities to restore the land to its previous glory and defeat the demon in charge of the destruction.

Okami HD brings Amaterasu?s epic tale to the PS3 with fully integrated HD graphics and widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio. I did not think it was possible to make the game look even better, but when I saw it for myself, I was a believer. The trademark sumi-e ink art style lends itself perfectly to HD, allowing players to experience more of the awe-inspiring world displayed in more detail than ever before.

To create an even more immersive experience, you can take your PlayStation Move motion controller and use it as your own Celestial Brush and naturally make brush strokes to defeat enemies and solve puzzles. That said, if you?re just in the mood to relive Okami in HD with the same controls as you had on your PS2, you can also play with your traditional PS3 controllers.

To top things off, we know everyone loves Trophies, so Okami HD will support PS3 Trophies, (including a Platinum) giving you new challenges to face and feats to complete. Okami HD will be available for download exclusively on PS3 in North America and Europe this fall."

naruske101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 naruske101
Member since 2007 • 1062 Posts

it will look amazing in HD

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

It'd be better on either the Vita or WiiU. *sigh* Whatever.