Samsung galaxy S3 is now the most pre-ordered gadget in history!!

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 0

#1 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

Yes you heard that right, finally the iphone has been beaten by an individual phone and beaten big time. While this news was posted several weeks ago I felt there wasnt quite enough evidence to be sure about it.

But today apple has filed an injunction against the galaxy S3 admitting that "[a]ccording to press reports, Samsung has already sold over nine million preorders of the Galaxy SIII; indeed, the Galaxy S III has been reported to be the most extensively preordered piece of consumer electronics in history." Apple is asking for quick court action citing the S3's record breaking pre-orders which will cause "serious damage" if the device isnt immediately banned.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2148123/Samsung-Galaxy-S3-release-date-Pre-orders-hit-9m-beating-iPhone-4s-4m.html

http://www.fosspatents.com/2012/06/apple-formally-requests-us-injunction.html

Apple, u mad bro?

semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 semianonymous
Member since 2007 • 6685 Posts

Just gonna throw out now that it was never confirmed, but theres no reason to doubt it. Reuters has thrown their weight behind it (http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/18/us-samsung-idUSBRE84H00X20120518) and I know of no immediate reasons to doubt reuters

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#3 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
It's important to note, I think, that those pre-orders are to carriers not to users. So 9 million Galaxy SIII units have been pre-ordered by more than 100 carriers across the planet. This is indicative that those carriers are anxious to get their hands on the new impressionable Samsung handset, and that they think it will be a popular phone, which in itself isn't too surprising (as it is the newest flagship handset). This does not mean, however, that there will be 9 million new Galaxy SIII phones on the streets immediately upon release, because in a curious move carrier pre-orders were revealed, very different from end-user pre-orders (which is most usually what companies like to promote).

The irony about the carrier pre-orders is that it may strengthen Apple's case in the courtroom, because it looks as though carriers believe the SIII will sell. That means Apple can prove that the impressionable Samsung's products are actually damaging Apple's own product sales (something they were unable to do with the Galaxy tablet). Should be an interesting case to keep tabs on.

Edit: I also wonder if perhaps the pre-orders are so high because carriers know they can sell expensive phones. Perhaps this is indicative of the decline of the budget smartphone in bigger markets?...
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gambler_3

I understand it's carrier pre-orders but you have to realise the sheer numbers, no phone previously has had even half as many carrier pre-orders just goes to show the sheer anticipation for the product. And these pre-orders dont include the US.

And this is all after the galaxy S3 wasnt exactly received nearly as well as the S2, sort of like the iphone 4S people were expecting something revolutionary but it didnt happen. So despite that the sales numbers are so impressive which goes to show that samsung marketing is doing it's job very well and certainly catching up with apple.

Mind you samsung probably wasnt able to actually meet the no. of pre-orders as they had to delay the blue version due to manufacturing issues. I am really looking forward to official sales figures, would be really interesting how it stacks up with the 4S.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

In Canada there is defiantly a strong push on the Galaxy S III, even from smaller providers.

--------------------------------------------------

Rogers - Sells Galaxy SIII and iPhone

Bell -Sells Galaxy SIII and iPhone

Telus -Sells Galaxy SIII and iPhone

Virgin Mobile -Sells Galaxy SIII and iPhone

SaskTel -Sells Galaxy SIII and iPhone

Wind - Sells Galaxy SIII

Mobilicity - Sells Galaxy SIII

Videotron - Sells Galaxy SIII

Fido - Sells iPhone

--------------------------------------------------

Off Topic:

I don't think some of those comments in the OP are necessary, I also don't know why you almost always post an Apple Vs Android thread.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 musicalmac  Moderator

I understand it's carrier pre-orders...Gambler_3

This isn't what you indicate in your OP. Apple doesn't release carrier order numbers. It's clear you didn't fully understand what you were posting.
...but you have to realise the sheer numbers, no phone previously has had even half as many carrier pre-orders just goes to show the sheer anticipation for the product. And these pre-orders dont include the US.

And this is all after the galaxy S3 wasnt exactly received nearly as well as the S2, sort of like the iphone 4S people were expecting something revolutionary but it didnt happen. So despite that the sales numbers are so impressive which goes to show that samsung marketing is doing it's job very well and certainly catching up with apple.

Mind you samsung probably wasnt able to actually meet the no. of pre-orders as they had to delay the blue version due to manufacturing issues. I am really looking forward to official sales figures, would be really interesting how it stacks up with the 4S.

Gambler_3

You could compare it to the 4S, but I'd be looking towards the 5 (or as I'm predicting, the "new" iPhone). Apple's WWDC will also most likely have an impact (depending on how big Apple's announcements are). Just keep in mind all unsold units shipped back to Samsung are still considered pre-orders according to this thread. That is assuming Apple doesn't manage to get the device blocked.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gambler_3

I don't think some of those comments in the OP are necessary, I also don't know why you almost always post an Apple Vs Android thread.

NVIDIATI

This could be a big turning point for the android platform if the S3 manages to sustain the popularity level. And apple is acting all butthurt it isnt even funny anymore.

Did nintendo ever sue sony over the PS move? Did facebook sue google+? Did RIM sue nokia when they copied their QWERTY phone? Heck did samsung sue LG for blatantly copying the touchwiz? There are tons of example in the industry where a project is so clearly influenced by another popular project and I dont see anybody getting sued. Apple wasnt even the first to make a capacitive touchscreen phone, they were the first to make it successful.

If you actually look at the patents in question it gets beyond ridiculous what things one can patent these days. Patents regarding auto-correct? I suppose apple invented auto-correct. :roll:

And apple is shameless when it comes to copying android notification system.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gambler_3

This isn't what you indicate in your OP. Apple doesn't release carrier order numbers. It's clear you didn't fully understand what you were posting.

You could compare it to the 4S, but I'd be looking towards the 5 (or as I'm predicting, the "new" iPhone). Apple's WWDC will also most likely have an impact (depending on how big Apple's announcements are). Just keep in mind all unsold units shipped back to Samsung are still considered pre-orders according to this thread. That is assuming Apple doesn't manage to get the device blocked.musicalmac

Apple sold 4 million in the first 3 days, do you suppose their carrier pre-orders would be double what they actually sold? I dont think so because iphone is not readily available when it is launched.

I am comparing sales numbers, if one samsung phone can outsell iphone 4S it would be pretty big deal.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 musicalmac  Moderator

This could be a big turning point for the android platform if the S3 manages to sustain the popularity level. And apple is acting all butthurt it isnt even funny anymore.

Did nintendo ever sue sony over the PS move? Did facebook sue google+? Did RIM sue nokia when they copied their QWERTY phone? Heck did samsung sue LG for blatantly copying the touchwiz? There are tons of example in the industry where a project is so clearly influenced by another popular project and I dont see anybody getting sued. Apple wasnt even the first to make a capacitive touchscreen phone, they were the first to make it successful.

If you actually look at the patents in question it gets beyond ridiculous what things one can patent these days. Patents regarding auto-correct? I suppose apple invented auto-correct. :roll:

Gambler_3
I would caution you to point the finger regarding copycat behavior, especially in regards to the very impressionable Samsung. Check the spoiler. FYI. Apple's lawsuits have no relation to their "feelings."

[spoiler]  [/spoiler]

That last check is in regards to the very similar S-Voice, amongst other things...

[spoiler]   [/spoiler]

Apple sold 4 million in the first 3 days, do you suppose their carrier pre-orders would be double what they actually sold? I dont think so because iphone is not readily available when it is launched.

Gambler_3
What?
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gambler_3

I never said samsung never copies. The worst offence was the original galaxy S compared to the 3GS but samsung never really went after the iphone 4 design. As for software patents they are a load of BS. You do know that the app drawer is just one part of the UI on android and that it is everything on iOS? You know whats a real rip-off? A chinese company made an android phone and stripped the OS so it is only an app drawer like how the iOS is.

And samsung copied siri you say??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt81IUOI-nM

Check the date on the video please, way before the 4S was even announced. If anything siri is a copy but the world wouldnt know since apple invented voice recognition. The new iphone features just get more spotlight so everybody thinks iphone brought those features.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gambler_3

What?musicalmac
You said apple doesnt release carrier pre-orders I said it doesnt really matter in this particular case as there is no way they were higher than 9 million given the actual sales numbers.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 musicalmac  Moderator

I never said samsung never copies. The worst offence was the original galaxy S compared to the 3GS but samsung never really went after the iphone 4 design. As for software patents they are a load of BS. You do know that the app drawer is just one part of the UI on android and that it is everything on iOS? You know whats a real rip-off? A chinese company made an android phone and stripped the OS so it is only an app drawer like how the iOS is.

And samsung copied siri you say??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt81IUOI-nM

Check the date on the video please, way before the 4S was even announced. If anything siri is a copy but the world wouldnt know since apple invented voice recognition.

Gambler_3
Vlingo, who was sued by Nuance for patent infringement, and later acquired by Nuance, who then began to work with Apple on Siri... That's quite a different story, and a poor example... And you really don't think the impressionable Samsung took some queues from the iPhone 4 design?... :?

It's amazing how these sorts of threads just go haywire off topic.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 musicalmac  Moderator

[QUOTE="musicalmac"]What?Gambler_3

You said apple doesnt release carrier pre-orders I said it doesnt really matter in this particular case as there is no way they were higher than 9 million given the actual sales numbers.

All I know is that one carrier alone (Sprint) paid Apple 20 billion to sell the iPhone... That speaks volumes to me...
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gambler_3

Vlingo, who was sued by Nuance for patent infringement, and later acquired by Nuance, who then began to work with Apple on Siri... That's quite a different story, and a poor example... And you really don't think the impressionable Samsung took some queues from the iPhone 4 design?... :?

It's amazing how these sorts of threads just go haywire off topic. musicalmac
I dont care about all that, what I know is that samsung had hands free voice actions before apple. Apple then took it to a next level and now samsung made it even better, wheres the problem? Galaxy S3 voice assistant can take pics, can wake up the phone without touching and many more things siri cant do. But I bet when siri is capable of doing that you wouldnt shout copycats.

I dont see similarities between the galaxy S2 and iphone 4 design so do enlighten me.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gambler_3

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

[QUOTE="musicalmac"]What?musicalmac

All I know is that one carrier alone (Sprint) paid Apple 20 billion to sell the iPhone... That speaks volumes to me...

And how is that relevant to the discussion?

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 musicalmac  Moderator

I dont care about all that, what I know is that samsung had hands free voice actions before apple. Apple then took it to a next level and now samsung made it even better, wheres the problem? Galaxy S3 voice assistant can take pics, can wake up the phone without touching and many more things siri cant do. But I bet when siri is capable of doing that you wouldnt shout copycats.

I dont see similarities between the galaxy S2 and iphone 4 design so do enlighten me.

Gambler_3
Vlingo is available on the iPhone, too... I'd hope S-Voice is more fully featured, because Siri is a beta. Apple has built enormous data centers to support it. I wonder if Samsung has done the same? And you really, really don't see the S2 and iPhone 4 similarities? Really??

And how is that relevant to the discussion?

Gambler_3
Just interesting to note that the iPhone is such a critical handset for the continued success of any major carrier. It seems relevant because some carriers seem to feel that the S3 is an important handset, as well (hence the orders to sell it).
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gambler_3

And you really, really don't see the S2 and iPhone 4 similarities? Really??

Just interesting to note that the iPhone is such a critical handset for the continued success of any major carrier. It seems relevant because some carriers seem to feel that the S3 is an important handset, as well (hence the orders to sell it).musicalmac

Iphone 3.5" screen, galaxy 4.3" screen. Iphone made from metal and glass, galaxy made from lightweight plastic. Yes I am really not seeing the similarities.

Whoever said iphone became irrelevant due to S3? And sprint is already regretting that deal.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/05/sprint-ceo-takes-pay-cut-related-to-iphone-deal-cost/

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gambler_3

iphone4s-vs-samsung-galaxy-s21.jpg

Somebody tell me how these look similar? There arent that many different ways to do the front of a touch screen phone, it's the sides and the back where there can be real differentiation or copying for that matter.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 musicalmac  Moderator
It's not often you see a company market a phone by trying to sell the appeal of the back of it alone... My goodness.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gambler_3

It's not often you see a company market a phone by trying to sell the appeal of the back of it alone... My goodness.musicalmac
Samsung-Galaxy-S2-VS-iPhone-4.jpg

Okay the S2 uses a rectangular button whereas iphone has a circle button. The iphone has a big bezel, S2 doesnt. The only similarity is that they both have touchscreen and rectangular shape just like all the other gazillion phones out there.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NVIDIATI

TBH the LG KR850 Prada did that sort of design first (Jan 2007).

prada-front.jpg

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gambler_3

prada-front.jpg

NVIDIATI

Exactly.

A smartphone is now like a computer monitor, they are going to look similar from the front. And btw apple isnt even suing on the design unlike in the galaxy tab case, they are complaining about software patent infringements.

For a design trademark claim to be successful there has to be enough similarity for the 2 products to be mistaken for each other. The screen size alone ensures a galaxy S phone cannot be mistaken for an iphone, thats also why apple only sued samsung on the 10.1" tablet and not the smaller ones.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 musicalmac  Moderator
Exactly.Gambler_3
lol

phone

NVIDIATI
If anything, that resembles an iPhone 4. The "Prada" branding kind of gives it away, though (extra physical buttons aside). :P
NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NVIDIATI

[QUOTE="NVIDIATI"]

phone

musicalmac

If anything, that resembles an iPhone 4. The "Prada" branding kind of gives it away, though (extra physical buttons aside). :P

You mean the iPhone 4 resembles it :P but yeah, the LG Prada was even shown off before the original iPhone was, so it wouldn't be hard to see where Apple got the design for the iPhone 4 from.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gambler_3

"We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas." - Steve jobs.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 musicalmac  Moderator

You mean the iPhone 4 resembles it :P but yeah, the LG Prada was even shown off before the original iPhone was, so it wouldn't be hard to see where Apple got the design for the iPhone 4 from.

NVIDIATI
lol, that is indeed what I meant. It is possible that Apple was inspired by the design. It is quite attractive (especially for the time it was released).

"We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas." - Steve jobs.

Gambler_3
In context, it means if Apple sees a great idea, they will approach whomever they're interested in working with to incorporate it into their technologies. It doesn't mean they ride the coat-tails of another company's design aesthetic (and research and development).
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gambler_3

In context, it means if Apple sees a great idea, they will approach whomever they're interested in working with to incorporate it into their technologies. It doesn't mean they ride the coat-tails of another company's design aesthetic (and research and development).musicalmac
That would mean buying ideas not stealing.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

[QUOTE="musicalmac"]

Just interesting to note that the iPhone is such a critical handset for the continued success of any major carrier. It seems relevant because some carriers seem to feel that the S3 is an important handset, as well (hence the orders to sell it).Gambler_3

Iphone 3.5" screen, galaxy 4.3" screen. Iphone made from metal and glass, galaxy made from lightweight plastic. Yes I am really not seeing the similarities.

Whoever said iphone became irrelevant due to S3? And sprint is already regretting that deal.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/05/sprint-ceo-takes-pay-cut-related-to-iphone-deal-cost/

So what did that link contain about Sprint regretting the deal exactly?
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Gambler_3

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

[QUOTE="musicalmac"]

Just interesting to note that the iPhone is such a critical handset for the continued success of any major carrier. It seems relevant because some carriers seem to feel that the S3 is an important handset, as well (hence the orders to sell it).DroidPhysX

They have been in loss since the iphone deal and now shareholder concern has grew if it was even worth it.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 musicalmac  Moderator

[QUOTE="musicalmac"] In context, it means if Apple sees a great idea, they will approach whomever they're interested in working with to incorporate it into their technologies. It doesn't mean they ride the coat-tails of another company's design aesthetic (and research and development).Gambler_3

...That's why context is important. :?
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gambler_3

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

[QUOTE="musicalmac"] In context, it means if Apple sees a great idea, they will approach whomever they're interested in working with to incorporate it into their technologies. It doesn't mean they ride the coat-tails of another company's design aesthetic (and research and development).musicalmac

...That's why context is important. :?

And you know the context how? Steve would use the word "buy" if what you are saying is what he meant. Remember the quote is long before apple was the powerhouse that it is today. Words can come back to bite. ;)

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 musicalmac  Moderator

And you know the context how? Steve would use the word "buy" if what you are saying is what he meant. Remember the quote is long before apple was the powerhouse that it is today. Words can come back to bite. ;)

Gambler_3
mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts
Wow 2 pages of arguing about patents and design.... These feuds are becoming far too common. Can't we just like both platforms. Honestly its so tedious coming in and seeing this all the time -_-' You guys didn't even include the greatest phone ever so its like a bunch of pawns battling it out... :P (One XL fanboy alert!!!!)
NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NVIDIATI

Wow 2 pages of arguing about patents and design.... These feuds are becoming far too common. Can't we just like both platforms. Honestly its so tedious coming in and seeing this all the time -_-' You guys didn't even include the greatest phone ever so its like a bunch of pawns battling it out... :P (One XL fanboy alert!!!!)mystic_knight
Sounds like someone is upset that they didn't wait for the Galaxy S III :P

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Gambler_3

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

musicalmac

No. Buying something is not stealing it, it's as simple as that.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 musicalmac  Moderator

[QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

Gambler_3

No. Buying something is not stealing it, it's as simple as that.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Gambler_3

lol stop trolling please, doesnt suit a moderator.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Gambler_3

The one X and XL are great phones but with a few critical design choices that werent good. HTC still insists on placing the power button at the top which is a seriously uncomfortable thing for a phone as tall as one X. These are things people instantly notice when they use a phone in a shop, little little ergomic things are essential. When I take out my phone from the pocket my thumb is already resting on the power button if it is on the side.

HTC made a big hopla about the camera, if it had put a good shutter button it could have given it a serious unique point over samsung's offerings. I personally highly value having a shutter button and given how good the camera on the one X is, it could have given HTC that little edge which can be decisive for many people.

I dont think tegra 3 was that bad a choice, they just needed to put in a bigger battery. Tegra phones are the closest android phones get to iphone when it comes to gaming, tegra games can have graphical effects that even the iphone versions dont have. As good as the S4 chipset is it isnt going to attract the less informed for obvious reasons, samsung putting in 2GB ram on the S4 versions was possibly a decision to keep the spec sheet as attractive as the international version. For noobs it's all about the cores, Ghz and the ram.

The exclusion of memory card slot and removable battery also meant that HTC alienated some of it's customers. The android crowd just seems to prefer having those features and phones with 16GB memory are still totally acceptable with a card slot. Unlike apple HTC customers have alot more choice without changing OS.

HTC doesnt have a very strong brand name yet so the margin for error is less for them. Merely matching the competion is not going to be enough to divert customers.

deleteduser198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deleteduser198
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

lol at the fact Samsung has to publicize carrier pre-orders just to excite shareholders. It will be hysterical when we get our hands on carrier pre-orders for the new iPhone in a few months.

Even more interesting to see what the CUSTOMER pre-orders are. All this hype is just riding on vapor.

In the end, it's all down to developer interest. 9 million carrier pre-orders doesn't equate to the improvement of the current gaming and app situation. A majority of Googles mobile revenues ironically still come from iOS, so the real question is: When will Google actually start profiting more from its own platform instead of relying on a competitor who's about to cut them off?

This is good for Samsung, no doubt... but it's only good for Samsung, and not all the other Android manufacturers. "Choice" is suddenly starting to look pretty obsolete in this case if everyone will just eventually be delegated to the best "choice."

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="Gambler_3"]Iphone 3.5" screen, galaxy 4.3" screen. Iphone made from metal and glass, galaxy made from lightweight plastic. Yes I am really not seeing the similarities.

Gambler_3

They have been in loss since the iphone deal and now shareholder concern has grew if it was even worth it.

That's like saying Nintendo should regret Wii U because their shares took a dive after it was announced.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Gambler_3

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] So what did that link contain about Sprint regretting the deal exactly?DroidPhysX

That's like saying Nintendo should regret Wii U because their shares took a dive after it was announced.

Apple shares also dived when the 4S was announced. Wii U hasnt launched so nobody knows if it would end up being a good thing for the company or not.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mystic_knight

[QUOTE="mystic_knight"]Wow 2 pages of arguing about patents and design.... These feuds are becoming far too common. Can't we just like both platforms. Honestly its so tedious coming in and seeing this all the time -_-' You guys didn't even include the greatest phone ever so its like a bunch of pawns battling it out... :P (One XL fanboy alert!!!!)NVIDIATI

The galaxy s 3 came before my One XL in Australia. :P But you are right i regret my 4g connection
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Gambler_3

[QUOTE="NVIDIATI"]

[QUOTE="mystic_knight"]Wow 2 pages of arguing about patents and design.... These feuds are becoming far too common. Can't we just like both platforms. Honestly its so tedious coming in and seeing this all the time -_-' You guys didn't even include the greatest phone ever so its like a bunch of pawns battling it out... :P (One XL fanboy alert!!!!)mystic_knight

The galaxy s 3 came before my One XL in Australia. :P But you are right i regret my 4g connection

The 4G S3 hasnt launched yet...

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mystic_knight

[QUOTE="mystic_knight"][QUOTE="NVIDIATI"] Sounds like someone is upset that they didn't wait for the Galaxy S III :P

Gambler_3

:P Yes its true but i believe the int gs3 was our discussion here. HTC is awesome Trollolol
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Gambler_3

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

[QUOTE="mystic_knight"] The galaxy s 3 came before my One XL in Australia. :P But you are right i regret my 4g connection mystic_knight

:P Yes its true but i believe the int gs3 was our discussion here. HTC is awesome Trollolol

:D

red12355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 red12355
Member since 2007 • 1251 Posts

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

musicalmac

I love how you post the most biased Android bashing pictures (esp. the "before iphone and after iphone" picture). Here's a Samsung phone from 2007. A little research or confirmation before posting some obvious Apple biased stuff would be good, you know?

You should realize that every handset maker copies ideas from each other. Apple is really no better than Samsung in that respect.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
Apple needs to go and make better phones. Maybe people have found that Android is actually a better os than ios and now the only thing Apple can think of doing is constantly trying to stop Samsung and HTC phones from being sold. Funny how it is never LG or Motorola they are taking to court but Samsung and HTC and it never attacks their windows phones. Apple can't go more than a few months without taking one of them to court. If they would spend the time and money making a better phone they would have something much better.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Gambler_3

Actually they are in legal battle with motorola as well. :P

Apple haven't sued sony and LG probably because they dont consider them a threat yet. Windows phone is as irrelevant as it can get for a major player.

3aNkabot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 3aNkabot
Member since 2008 • 620 Posts
I'm not surprised, in my country advertisements for the device are everywhere . I got myself one and I'm very satisfied with it so far much nicer screen and doesn't lag (had an s1 before) and its look is close to my old one.
mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mystic_knight
The s3 is nicer in real life than in photos. But nicer doesn't make it awesome... Only one phone is awesome right now. Trollolol. Maybe i should stop invading the thread lol. Ok to make my post mean something im gonna include some support for samsung and say good on you for appearing the better player and honour the truce which was meant to occur, Apple, shame on you, the judges tell you to sort this crap out and you pull out another patent suit, this war is never going to end. The s3 is a great device.... I would just like to say HTC are pissing me off now, They are telling the resellers to advertise how the One X is better than the GS3. Thats just stupid, let people decide base on your products do not force this crap down the resellers throat.