Metacritics 40 best rated PSVITA games ( so far ) Persona 4 Golden enters.

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 digimonkey12
Member since 2009 • 1851 Posts

Updated Nov 21 -2012

.......Persona 4 Golden

1. 95Persona 4 Golden Image
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

78PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Image
  3. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

89Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward Image
  4. Rayman Origins

88Rayman Origins Image
  5. LittleBigPlanet PS Vita

88LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Image
  6. Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

86Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack Image
  7. Mortal Kombat

85Mortal Kombat Image
  8. Sound Shapes

84Sound Shapes Image
  9. Lumines: Electronic Symphony

10. Gravity Rush

83Gravity Rush Image
  11. BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend

83BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend Image
  12. Super Stardust Delta

82Super Stardust Delta Image
  13. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

81Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Image
  14. Street Fighter X Tekken

81Street Fighter X Tekken Image
  15. Uncharted: Golden Abyss

80Uncharted: Golden Abyss Image
  16. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

80Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Image
  17. FIFA Soccer

79FIFA Soccer Image
  18. WipEout 2048

79WipEout 2048 Image
  19. Retro City Rampage

79Retro City Rampage Image
  20. The Pinball Arcade

79The Pinball Arcade Image
  21. Need for Speed: Most Wanted - A Criterion Game

78Need for Speed: Most Wanted - A Criterion Game Image
  22. MotorStorm RC

78MotorStorm RC Image
  23. Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention

24. Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention Image
  25. SunFlowers

78SunFlowers Image
  26. Puddle

77Puddle Image
  27. Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition

77Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition Image
  28. Plants vs. Zombies

77Plants vs. Zombies Image
  29. PulzAR

77PulzAR Image
  30. MLB 12: The Show

76MLB 12: The Show Image
  31. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational

76Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Image
  32. Hustle Kings

75Hustle Kings Image
  33. Frobisher Says!

74Frobisher Says! Image
  34. When Vikings Attack!

73When Vikings Attack! Image
  35. Dokuro

72Dokuro Image
  36. Smart as...

72Smart as... Image
  37. Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus

72Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus Image
  38. Unit 13

71Unit 13 Image
  39. Escape Plan

71Escape Plan Image
  40. New Little King's Story

71New Little King's Story Image
  41. Assassin's Creed III: Liberation

70Assassin's Creed III: Liberation Image
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
and that ladies and gentlemen, is the reason why i havent bought a Psvita yet, well... that and the fact that it offers the same remote play options that the psp did and nothing new. The tech demo showing the vita running Killzone 3 was a scam, empty promises.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I find it kinda sad that the best game is a port that has one of its funniest parts(multiplayer) taken out.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#4 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
Why is it sad to see port? Ports are excellent when they're done right, and with the exception of multiplayer, this port is a perfectly faithful one. I agree about the multiplayer, but there's probably an important development choice behind that. Or maybe it is just laziness. Either way, it's a great port, and that one feature does little to take away from the game.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
It is a great game on every system I have it on ps3 and the demo on vita. One of my fav parts is player with another person though.
Avatar image for SkinnyJeans1995
SkinnyJeans1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SkinnyJeans1995
Member since 2010 • 275 Posts

It is a great game on every system I have it on ps3 and the demo on vita. One of my fav parts is player with another person though. AutoPilotOn

I don't have people over every day, and when I do, they never stick to one game, so local co-op on consoles is an almost useless feature that would never be used by me, so the Vita version is the way for me to go(which I did) so I can take it anywhere

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#7 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
and that ladies and gentlemen, is the reason why i havent bought a Psvita yet, well... that and the fact that it offers the same remote play options that the psp did and nothing new. The tech demo showing the vita running Killzone 3 was a scam, empty promises.AgentA-Mi6
Yeah, there are a number of okay games out for the system, but no one runs out and buys mediocrity unless there's nothing else available. And Plants vs Zombies even being on that list is insulting - it costs $15, more than every single other port of that game. PC/360/PS3 versions are $10, DS is $8 (though that version is pretty terrible), iPad is $7, iOS is $3.
Avatar image for greensthooligan
greensthooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 greensthooligan
Member since 2008 • 426 Posts
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"] Yeah, there are a number of okay games out for the system, but no one runs out and buys mediocrity unless there's nothing else available. And Plants vs Zombies even being on that list is insulting - it costs $15, more than every single other port of that game. PC/360/PS3 versions are $10, DS is $8 (though that version is pretty terrible), iPad is $7, iOS is $3.

In your opinion (and maybe some critics, although scores of 80+ on metacritic is very very good) they are mediocre/okay, but for me there is "run out and buy games" on the vita. uncharted is my favourite series of all time. and lumines is incredible for short train trips etc. and i find both of these games to be AMAZING! not just "okay". in the end of the day its up to the individual to decide what to spend there hard earned $ on.
Avatar image for LoW-MisterSeven
LoW-MisterSeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LoW-MisterSeven
Member since 2012 • 153 Posts
bah.this list is garbage.unit 13 and uncharted shluld be in the top three...
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
this thread can easily change into a recommendation thread.
digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 digimonkey12

and that ladies and gentlemen, is the reason why i havent bought a Psvita yet, well... that and the fact that it offers the same remote play options that the psp did and nothing new. The tech demo showing the vita running Killzone 3 was a scam, empty promises.AgentA-Mi6
How is that a reason? Anyway... I dont really care about remote play, and I prefere most games I tried on the PS3 for the PSVITA. I´m a dedicated handheld gamer.

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts
Decent list I suppose. When I get a Vita Uncharted, Unit 13 and Rayman are some of my must-buys and since I won't be getting one before July/August I'll also be gettign Gravity Rush and MGS Collection. Hopefully Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy Type-0 and the Oddworld games are released shortly after or in the coming months. At any rate I'm not in a hurry to buy one (I need the money), but when I do there are plenty of games for me to play, especially considering the fact that a handheld device to me never will be a main gaming device.
GamejunkieUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GamejunkieUK
Member since 2012 • 332 Posts

[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]and that ladies and gentlemen, is the reason why i havent bought a Psvita yet, well... that and the fact that it offers the same remote play options that the psp did and nothing new. The tech demo showing the vita running Killzone 3 was a scam, empty promises.digimonkey12

How is that a reason? Anyway... I dont really care about remote play, and I prefere most games I tried on the PS3 for the PSVITA. I´m a dedicated handheld gamer.

It's because people like him see a tech demo and not a confirmation or promise but take it as being so because they think they are entitled to a feature such as remote play. Sony never confirmed or even promised it. They also seem to think they are entitled to things like YouTube and HTML/Flash support as well as direct PS One compatibility. Personally I bought a Vita to play Vita games of which I have 12 right now. If I want to play PS3 games I would use a PS3 and if I want to play PS One games I would also use a console that is already compatible.
SopranosFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#14 SopranosFan
Member since 2007 • 310 Posts

I personally see this list as a good thing. I see 7 games at 80+ rating and 20 at 70+ rating and that is all from launch window titles. That is a pretty solid launch lineup for any console if you ask me.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Granpire
[QUOTE="GamejunkieUK"] It's because people like him see a tech demo and not a confirmation or promise but take it as being so because they think they are entitled to a feature such as remote play. Sony never confirmed or even promised it. They also seem to think they are entitled to things like YouTube and HTML/Flash support as well as direct PS One compatibility. Personally I bought a Vita to play Vita games of which I have 12 right now. If I want to play PS3 games I would use a PS3 and if I want to play PS One games I would also use a console that is already compatible.

They never confirmed or promised it, but they teased what the Vita is capable of at a gaming conference. Why would they do that? To promote interest in the system? Either way, it's a little misleading when they do things like that. I agree that the Vita is for playing Vita games, but you can't tell me any extra features aren't welcome. Every little thing helps.
digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 digimonkey12
bah.this list is garbage.unit 13 and uncharted shluld be in the top three...LoW-MisterSeven
I hope you realize, it is not metacritic that reviewed the games, but an average of different reviews.
GamejunkieUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GamejunkieUK
[QUOTE="Granpire"][QUOTE="GamejunkieUK"] It's because people like him see a tech demo and not a confirmation or promise but take it as being so because they think they are entitled to a feature such as remote play. Sony never confirmed or even promised it. They also seem to think they are entitled to things like YouTube and HTML/Flash support as well as direct PS One compatibility. Personally I bought a Vita to play Vita games of which I have 12 right now. If I want to play PS3 games I would use a PS3 and if I want to play PS One games I would also use a console that is already compatible.

They never confirmed or promised it, but they teased what the Vita is capable of at a gaming conference. Why would they do that? To promote interest in the system? Either way, it's a little misleading when they do things like that. I agree that the Vita is for playing Vita games, but you can't tell me any extra features aren't welcome. Every little thing helps.

Rubbish. They didn't tease anything and didn't try to mislead anyone. They just showed one of the possible features of the Vita. If you felt you were mislead then you only have yourself to blame. Time for you and anyone else who thinks the same to get over it.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Granpire
[QUOTE="Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary"] tease v. to tantalize especially by arousing desire or curiosity often without intending to satisfy it

There's no doubt that they teased it. True, they never said it would be available. But everything's there for it to work, and right now, the only way to play any real PS3 games on the Vita is with a hacked PS3. To me, there's something wrong with that picture. I have a Vita. I love it. I would love it more if Sony gave us things like better remote play. Their first-party studios have the easiest means to access features like remote play, and we already know it's simple matter of changing a number value in the game's settings. If you want to forgive those kinds of business practices, then go right ahead. But the fact is, Sony teased a feature, and they didn't deliver it. They absolutely have the power to give it to us, but for whatever reason, they chose not to.
GamejunkieUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GamejunkieUK
[QUOTE="Granpire"][QUOTE="Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary"] tease v. to tantalize especially by arousing desire or curiosity often without intending to satisfy it

There's no doubt that they teased it. True, they never said it would be available. But everything's there for it to work, and right now, the only way to play any real PS3 games on the Vita is with a hacked PS3. To me, there's something wrong with that picture. I have a Vita. I love it. I would love it more if Sony gave us things like better remote play. Their first-party studios have the easiest means to access features like remote play, and we already know it's simple matter of changing a number value in the game's settings. If you want to forgive those kinds of business practices, then go right ahead. But the fact is, Sony teased a feature, and they didn't deliver it. They absolutely have the power to give it to us, but for whatever reason, they chose not to.

I take it you're a game developer then if you think it's so simple. I doubt you are. I suspect it's not that simple because if it was then there would be a lot more compatible games by now considering remote play has been available on the PSP for quite a while now.
digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 digimonkey12

but for whatever reason, they chose not to.Granpire

C´mon, you should know better! there is all sorts of copyright issues here, also one of the reasonsBirth by Sleep still not on PSN. Sony does not controll everything.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Granpire
Sure, there are copyright issues. But not for Sony's first-party development studios. I think a bigger reason is that Sony fears their portable versions of first-party titles will suffer sales hits if Vita users can simply play their PS3 games from their Vita.
LoW-MisterSeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LoW-MisterSeven
[QUOTE="LoW-MisterSeven"]bah.this list is garbage.unit 13 and uncharted shluld be in the top three...digimonkey12
I hope you realize, it is not metacritic that reviewed the games, but an average of different reviews.

if so,im still Not satisfied with it but oh well.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Wow I totally disagree with this list ...

digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 digimonkey12

Sure, there are copyright issues. But not for Sony's first-party development studios. I think a bigger reason is that Sony fears their portable versions of first-party titles will suffer sales hits if Vita users can simply play their PS3 games from their Vita.Granpire

:D I knew you would use that arguement. I think, they have their first party games already in line for remote playing, and I think they are struggling to get a deal with third party studios, but who knows?

ArchoNils2

What´s to disagree with?? it is the average score of many different reviews!

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Granpire

:D I knew you would use that arguement. I think, they have their first party games already in line for remote playing, and I think they are struggling to get a deal with third party studios, but who knows?

digimonkey12

That could be true, but we know that remote play functionality is built into the game's configuration itself. Even if they were trying to sort things out with third-party developers, they don't have to launch a dozen different remote play updates at once; they could just as easily ask their first-party studios to work in the functionality in the meantime.

Who knows? I suppose a grand launch of remote-play compatible titles would increase hype, so it's possible that's what they're doing. Sony's been very quiet about the whole thing from the start, though, so I don't see any signs that this is happening.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

[QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

digimonkey12

Well I disagree with those average scores, Rayman on place 1 is just weird. It's inferior to all the console versions with the lack of mp, which was the only thing that let me play it on PS3 on the first place. Also Uc doesn't deserve such a low score at all. And where's my Disgaea? xD Also how come Lumines is thaat high? Everything in it screams that it's rushed oO

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Granpire

How is Lumines rushed? Also, it's rated so highly because it's a puzzle game, and as far as puzzle games go, it's a great one. There isn't a whole lot that could be improved.

One single feature removed from a Rayman doesn't cripple it. To some, multiplayer matters more than others, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a brilliant game. Plus, there are a few simple touch features added on that add slightly to the experience.

Yoshi's Island or Super Mario World were both excellent platformers; people didn't bash them for any lack of simultaneous multiplayer.

digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 digimonkey12

[QUOTE="digimonkey12"]

[QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

ArchoNils2

Well I disagree with those average scores, Rayman on place 1 is just weird. It's inferior to all the console versions with the lack of mp, which was the only thing that let me play it on PS3 on the first place. Also Uc doesn't deserve such a low score at all. And where's my Disgaea? xD Also how come Lumines is thaat high? Everything in it screams that it's rushed oO

That´s your opinion.

My opinion: It is better than the console version. Disliked it on PS3, loving it on PSVITA!

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
haven't played the top rated ones.
LoW-MisterSeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LoW-MisterSeven

[QUOTE="digimonkey12"]

[QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

ArchoNils2

that inferior part doesn't sound right.First of all,comparing a console game to a handheld version and calling the handheld version inferior isn't the smartest trick in the book.Second,just because there is no multiplayer doesn't mean it is not fun.Have you even played rayman on vita before?Its actually quite amusing.Like a kung-fu kicking mario,if you will.

digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 digimonkey12
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention breaks into the top 20 at place nr.15 with an average of 7.5 ( this will probably change, as more reviews are coming in )
gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
wow. I don't mind for review but I didn't know they scored so well overall. Thanks for posting.
digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 digimonkey12

wow. I don't mind for review but I didn't know they scored so well overall. Thanks for posting.gokuofheaven
I am pretty sure, we have not seen half of what the PSVITA can do, and the score of future PSVITA games will be even better.

digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 digimonkey12

Gravity Rush enters metacritic.

Gravity RushPlayStation Vita

• Release Date:Jun 12, 2012

Gravity Rush Image

See the trailer Metascore 87 out of 100

Generally favorable reviews based on 25 Critics

Summary:Gravity Rush has players manipulate gravity to save your world from destruction. Gain a new perspective as you assume the role of Kat, a head-string girl looking for a way to protect her future in a world that's crumbling under her feet. Tilt and move the Vita, taking gravity into your own hands to deliver devastating attacks, uncover the secrets to your past and explore a mysterious world.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

Everyone knows that metacritic is not an accurate source right? They change star ratings into numbers. For example, a 3 star ratng does not exactly equal a 6 out of 10. A 3 star review could read generally positive, and equating that to a 6 out of 10 discredits what has been written.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Kinda depressing, the majority are either ports, or small DLC type games.
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
IGN gave Gravity Rush a 7.5 :shock: Wonder how it will score here.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
gravity rush 86 on metacritic, wonder if it will take the top position
digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 digimonkey12
gravity rush 86 on metacritic, wonder if it will take the top positioncampzor
Mortal Kombat had top position, when it first got released, and with more revies coming in Gravity Rush will probably fall a bit, but it would be nice to see an original IP for the Vita taking top position.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Granpire
I predict that LittleBigPlanet Vita will worm its way into the top spot pretty soon. I'm having a very hard time deciding between LittleBigPlanet Vita and Gravity Rush for my next purchase...
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#42 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Good to know that there are at least 22 games worth playing on the PSvita thus far. So why do people keep saying the Psvita has not games? Wish that I did have this list sooner. I did buy the Ridge Racer game, out of tradition since ever Sony console PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP and now PSvita have launched with Ridge Racer which is rated only 3 out of 10 by MetaCritics.

Ridge Racer is my worst PSvita game. So now I'm glad there is this list.

digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 digimonkey12

Good to know that there are at least 22 games worth playing on the PSvita thus far. So why do people keep saying the Psvita has not games? Wish that I did have this list sooner. I did buy the Ridge Racer game, out of tradition since ever Sony console PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP and now PSvita have launched with Ridge Racer which is rated only 3 out of 10 by MetaCritics.

Megavideogamer
Lots more coming ;o)...
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Granpire

Megavideogamer
Going from the reviews I've read, it's not so much a bad game, more like a solid game stripped bare of almost all content and game modes. Seems to me the kind of thing that should have gone for a freemium model, instead of 30$.
digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 digimonkey12

Get yo Holiday Gaming on.

ps-vita-ps-plus.jpg

zero-escape-virtues-last-reward.jpg

Need-for-speed-most-wanted-box-art-829x1

Little+Big+Planet+PS+Vita+Box+Art.jpg

10618946-1349710214-447587.png

p4g_dezaskin_nohorizon_withlogoandlegal.

blopsbundlle.png

Assassins-Creed-III-Liberation-Packshot-

Black Friday.

PS-Vita-Black-Friday1.png

DeviIHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DeviIHuman
Member since 2012 • 212 Posts

I see most of my games are also in the list lol Dokuro, Little Big Planet, Uncharted, Street Fight x Tekken and MGS HD ED.

P4G and PSBAR might save Vita this time lol.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#47 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

41 reasons to buy PSvita. I'm happy with my Psvita purchase. Thanks for the list I have just 15 retail games. so when I need to think of a decent PSvita game. This list will help. Thanks.

digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 digimonkey12

41 reasons to buy PSvita. I'm happy with my Psvita purchase. Thanks for the list I have just 15 retail games. so when I need to think of a decent PSvita game. This list will help. Thanks.

Megavideogamer
I definitely need to pick up more games for the PSVITA as well, starting with Persona 4: The Golden next month.
DeviIHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DeviIHuman
Member since 2012 • 212 Posts

Megavideogamer

And you 41 reason to buy PSVITA this thanksgiving week. lol Just be sure to know your game genre before buying the game just an advice look for gameplay first and game rating especially feedbacks ^_^

GTA_Edm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GTA_Edm
Member since 2005 • 1493 Posts
I'll be honest, I'm surprised there's even 40 games made for the Vita. Sadly, none of them are overly appealing to me. However, should they make a GTA for the Vita, I'll be there front and center. It'd be just the nudge I needed to finally buy one of these things. :)