Guild Wars 2 MEGA HYPE GOAR!!!!! TOR What??

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 VensInferno
Member since 2010 • 3395 Posts

Welcome to the greatest hype thread you will ever see!!!!

Guild Wars 2 is the sequel to theGuild Wars series which is currently in development by ArenaNet

Platform:PC

Publisher:NCsoft

Developer:Arenanet

Release: N/A

NO MONTHLY FEE!

-System Requirements-

Predicted

Minimum System Requirements

* CPU:2.5GHz Single Core or 1.8GHz Dual Core
* Memory:1GB RAM
* Video:NVIDIA GeForce 7600 / ATI Radeon X700 or HD / Intel GMA 4
* Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Soundcard
* DirectX:Version 9.0c or Higher
* HDD:5GB Free Disk Space
* Network:Broadband Required
* Disc:6X DVD-ROM

Recommended System Configuration

* OS:Windows XP SP2/ Windows Vista/Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit)
* CPU:Intel E8400 Core2Duo or Better
* Memory:2GB RAM or Better
* Video:NVIDIA GeForce 8800 or Better / ATI Radeon HD 3850 or Better
* Sound: DirectX Compatible Soundcard
* DirectX:Version 9.0c or Higher
* HDD:5GB Free Disk Space
* Network:Broadband Required
* Disc:6X DVD-ROM or Better

Teh Engine!

Guild Wars 2 uses a heavily modified version of the proprietary game engine developed for Guild Wars by ArenaNet. The modifications to the engine include real-time 3D environments, enhanced graphics and animations, more realistic lighting and shadow effects, as well as audio and cinematic enhancements. The developers say the engine now does justice to the game's critically acclaimed concept art, and that concept art will be integrated into the way the story is told to the player.

The new engine will make use of DirectX 10 technologies (although not required), the Havok physics engine for destructible environments and ragdoll animations, and Umbra Software's occlusion culling technology .

Guild Wars 2takes place in thehigh fantasyworld of Tyria, 250 years after the players' defeat of the Great Destroyer in theEye of the Northexpansion. Five so-called Elder Dragons sleeping beneath the continent have awoken in the time sinceGuild Wars, causing widespread destruction to Tyria and corrupting its inhabitants. The once dominant humans of Tyria are in decline, supplanted from most of their land by natural disasters and war with the charr,[25]who have finally reclaimed the last vestiges of their ancestral homeland of Ascalon from the humans. To the north, the norn, a proud race ofnordichunters, have been forced south by the rise of Jormag, and in the west, the technologically advanced asura have been forced to establish permanent homes above-ground after the minions of the first dragon to awaken, Primordus, took control of the Depths of Tyria. Near the forests where the asura make their home are the sylvari, a new race who have appeared in Tyria in the last 25 years, unaffected by the difficulties that plague the other races but with some as-of-yet unexplained connection to the Elder Dragons.

To the south, the continent of Cantha has been cut off by an isolationist and xenophobic political climate, which is reinforced by Zhaitan's undead navy. Elona, too, has been cut off; the only hint of its continued prosperity being the ongoing battle between Palawa Joko's Mordant Crescent and Kralkatorrik in the Crystal Desert, as well as occasional reports from Order of Whispers spies. The Battle Isles have been wiped off the map entirely by the tidal wave caused by the re-emergence of the fallen kingdom of Orr, which came with the awakening of Zhaitan.

'

The player is tasked with reuniting the members of the disbanded Destiny's Edge, a multi-racial adventuring guild whose members' struggles and eventual reunion serve as a microcosmic metaphor for the larger-scale unification of the playable races, whose combined strength is needed to effectively combat Zhaitan, the undead Elder Dragon.

:Races:

Slyvari

Norn

Charr

Asura

Humans

-PROFESSIONS-

Beta Testing

Closed beta testing is expected to occur sometime in 2011 according to the Guild Wars 2 FAQ.

Eric Flannum has stated that the approach to the game's beta "has been a bit slower than we'd originally hoped.

-Firearms-

Guns will be featured as new weapons; rifles and pistols have been specifically mentioned. Concept art depicting Charr wielding firearms.

Dye

According to John Hargrove of ArenaNet, the dye system in Guild Wars 2 will be similar to the one enjoyed by players in Guild Wars today with a few upgrades. Specifically mentioned is the tripling of dye channels available on each piece of armor, allowing players almost limitless dyeing capabilities with over 400 different shades and colors. Dyeing will also be free, with dyes being gradually unlocked as a character progresses, and feature more than 100 colors for every piece of armor.

Crafting

Lead Developer Eric Flannum has stated that there will be crafting, but players should expect crafting to enhance their adventuring experience, not replace it. Crafting will not be something players can engage in as a career without ever going out and slaying monsters. There are eight crafting disciplines in Guild Wars 2

Players may pick two of these as their disciplines. At the same time however, players are allowed to switch between disciplines at a cost. When the player switches disciplines, they will retain the skill level and all of their recipes in the old one. The price of changing disciplines increases with higher discipline level.

According to John Hargrove, there are a multitude of "ore nodes (including copper), plants, and the like" across the world. These nodes can be interacted with on a per-character basis in order to prevent farming and quick stealing. This means when you use a node or plant, it only disappears for you, so your group and other adventurers can harvest the same resource too.

Underwater World

In late 2009, it was officially announced that it will be possible to explore and fight underwater in Tyria. Developers say that creating the underwater "continents" is one of the things that is delaying the game. The teaser trailer shows footage of an underwater area and creatures swimming in the waters. Developers have stated that the ability to breathe underwater will be granted via a breathing apparatus put on your face. A default breathing apparatus will be given to the player, but other versions can be obtained.

World PVP

World PvP will allow you to play characters of any level, using the skills that you have in your possession at that particular time. This level discrepancy will be relaxed by a side-kicking system intended to provide a bridging point between PvE and structured PvP. It will be on a larger scale than the original Guild Wars PvP with large battles which take place over a long period with people coming and going.

The battle has been likened to an RTS and will have a number of different objectives which can be met such as taking guard towers or defending choke points or joining a larger battle to take a castle. Battles will take place in the Mists.

Victory in World PvP will confer benefits to your world. This may include improved drop rates, better energy regeneration or other bonuses.

Structured PVP

Structured PvP is similar to Guild Wars' GvG. It will allow you to enter the game at maximum level with all skills, races, items and ****s automatically unlocked.

IS IT WORTH PLAYING GUILD WARS 1 OR SHOULD I WAIT FOR GUILD WARS 2?

Answer: Play Guild Wars 1, its worth it.

1. Arenanet is still supporting the game, adding new (mini) campaigns like Winds of Change.
  2. You will be rewarded for playing Guild Wars 1 in Guild Wars 2..
  3. Since the game never increased the level cap, no content added in the last 6 years has gone obsolete.
  4. Mesmers
  5. No artificial player sereration. No servers, no region segregration (anymore) meaning that americans and europeans can easily play together.
  6. Very versalite build system. You can have 6 or more necromancers in a group. All with different sets of skills and still have a powerful group.

VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 VensInferno

-Screens-

-Videos-

MacBoomStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MacBoomStick
Member since 2011 • 1822 Posts

When does this even come out?

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#4 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts

game will get 8.5'd

Dr_Snood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Dr_Snood
Member since 2008 • 2547 Posts
Hope it's good.
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#6 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

I don't know when it comes out, but I want to be the firs to call it as AAA!

PUT MAH NAME DOWN FIRST, DAWG!

VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 VensInferno

When does this even come out?

MacBoomStick

No release date so far brah.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

game will get 8.5'd

Slashless

Unless it is plagued with bugs and such, I dont see how it could. So far it appears to be a revolutionary MMO.

VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 VensInferno

9/10 IMO :D Hands down gonna be a slyvari on first day! Woo!

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
Can't Wait. They have to give us a release date...grrrrr
edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

[QUOTE="Slashless"]

game will get 8.5'd

NaveedLife

Unless it is plagued with bugs and such, I dont see how it could. So far it appears to be a revolutionary MMO.

This, plus from what i have seen from gamescom footage its already extremely polished.

djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts
One of my most anticipated games ever! Cant wait for this game and hope they have a release date soon. I spent nearly 4000 hours on the first GW. Im going to call AAAE for sure here and almost every were.
djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts
One of my most anticipated games ever! Cant wait for this game and hope they have a release date soon. I spent nearly 4000 hours on the first GW. Im going to call AAAE for sure here and almost every were.
VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 VensInferno

I'll post videos tomorrow, I gotta study for school stuff :(

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts
The Guild Wars art is soooo amazing. As you know Ven :P.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

game will get 8.5'd

Slashless
Sounds about right. People can claim it looks "revolutionary", but its prone to have failed concepts the same as the rest of them.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="Slashless"]

game will get 8.5'd

lx_theo

Sounds about right. People can claim it looks "revolutionary", but its prone to have failed concepts the same as the rest of them.

Yeah of course, cause no one can be different right? MMO's will NEVER change. It is doomed just like GW1 was...oh wait.

VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 VensInferno

The Guild Wars art is soooo amazing. As you know Ven :P. Lethalhazard
OH YAH MAN :D Kekai Kotaki is my fav other then Artgerm :P Btw, havent seen you in a while, hows it been :)

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
developer is arenanet, not NCSoft :|
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lx_theo

[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="Slashless"]

game will get 8.5'd

NaveedLife

Yeah of course, cause no one can be different right? MMO's will NEVER change. It is doomed just like GW1 was...oh wait.

Yeah, but different doesn't mean better, and thats the conclusion everyone seems to be jumping to without much real backing. Like I said, the new ideas are just as prone to failure as something that stays with a more proven formula (if not more).
VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 VensInferno

developer is arenanet, not NCSoft :|BrunoBRS
whooooooops my bad :P

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]developer is arenanet, not NCSoft :|VensInferno

do not ignore my favorite dev team :x

thread needs moar links, info and screencaps BTW :P

OH and a poll.

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lethalhazard

[QUOTE="Lethalhazard"]The Guild Wars art is soooo amazing. As you know Ven :P. VensInferno

OH YAH MAN :D Kekai Kotaki is my fav other then Artgerm :P Btw, havent seen you in a while, hows it been :)

Pretty good man! I should check your SB sometime, I've just been soooo damn busy!!! :D Yay kekai!
VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 VensInferno

[QUOTE="VensInferno"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]developer is arenanet, not NCSoft :|BrunoBRS

OH and a poll.

I will tomorrow, right now I gotta study.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

I hope my relic of a computer can run the game :P

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts
SWTOR will crush this game.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="lx_theo"] Sounds about right. People can claim it looks "revolutionary", but its prone to have failed concepts the same as the rest of them.lx_theo

Yeah, but different doesn't mean better, and thats the conclusion everyone seems to be jumping to without much real backing. Like I said, the new ideas are just as prone to failure as something that stays with a more proven formula (if not more).

They are making it a more skill based, action based, and awesome battle system. The graphics are the best I have ever seen for an MMO and the art and such is amazing. The basics are all there, and the builds seem to be quite diverse. I have high hopes.

wootasifwoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 wootasifwoot
Member since 2005 • 318 Posts

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="lx_theo"] Sounds about right. People can claim it looks "revolutionary", but its prone to have failed concepts the same as the rest of them.lx_theo

Um...? It's already gotten such good reception from critics and fans alike. First time it debuted in gamecom it walked out with all the awards it was nominated for. And that's happened with pretty much all the gameshows they've attended. So you're wrong. The new ideas aren't prone to failure.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]

[QUOTE="VensInferno"] whooooooops my bad :P

VensInferno

OH and a poll.

I will tomorrow, right now I gotta study.

well i don't see anyone else trying to make a hype thread anytime soon, so take your time :P
VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 VensInferno

[QUOTE="VensInferno"]

[QUOTE="Lethalhazard"]The Guild Wars art is soooo amazing. As you know Ven :P. Lethalhazard

Pretty good man! I should check your SB sometime, I've just been soooo damn busy!!! :D Yay kekai!

You should :P Its been quite a while. I recently decided that I wont work on digital right now or even color. My main goal is to get alex pascenko lines! >.< :P

VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 VensInferno

Added something to the title to...spice things up and get more people in :lol:

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lethalhazard

[QUOTE="Lethalhazard"][QUOTE="VensInferno"] OH YAH MAN :D Kekai Kotaki is my fav other then Artgerm :P Btw, havent seen you in a while, hows it been :)

VensInferno

You should :P Its been quite a while. I recently decided that I wont work on digital right now or even color. My main goal is to get alex pascenko lines! >.< :P

Hahaha that's why I haven't posted in mine, I've only done traditional for awhile........improving wayyy faster that way! :D Didn't know who Alex Pascenko was, and just did a google search --- hot damn!!!!!!!!!! I love his linework also now! :D
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Game looks amazing. GW was f2p when it was uncool, and now eeerbawdy doin it.

GW2 looks so damn good. Mists of Pandaria? Old Republic? What are those things?

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

Bit early for this thread. Don't even know the release date yet

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BrunoBRS

Added something to the title to...spice things up and get more people in :lol:

VensInferno
i think "TOR what?" is a better way to "spice it up" :P
VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 VensInferno

[QUOTE="VensInferno"]

[QUOTE="Lethalhazard"] Pretty good man! I should check your SB sometime, I've just been soooo damn busy!!! :D Yay kekai!Lethalhazard

Hahaha that's why I haven't posted in mine, I've only done traditional for awhile........improving wayyy faster that way! :D Didn't know who Alex Pascenko was, and just did a google search --- hot damn!!!!!!!!!! I love his linework also now! :D

He's best friends with hannes and jana. He's awesome! Hahaha Anyway wanna see your new stuff :O Also Nick Parsons and I are homies ! xD Im teaching him Khmer!

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BrunoBRS

Led_poison
there will be many hype threads as time goes by. just like skyward sword.
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

AAA

I voted human. I'm super er-speciest in games. Anytime you get to choose your species I always choose human. I've got no real reason why :P

VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 VensInferno

[QUOTE="Led_poison"]

BrunoBRS

Dont forget Final Fantasy Versus 13 :P

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

hype thread for a game that doesn't even have a release date yet. not big surprise

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Led_poison"]

VensInferno

i don't think people dare make a hype thread of that game until they're sure it actually exists :P as for races, my main character will most likely be my human thief, but i wanna make a norn guardian and an asura (for the golem :P).
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Really see no reason why theres sketch art for a hype thread....unless the game actually looked like that which I'm guessing no.

VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 VensInferno

hype thread for a game that doesn't even have a release date yet. not big surprise

princeofshapeir

What about Final Fantasy Versus 13?

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 princeofshapeir

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"]

VensInferno

what about it
VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 VensInferno

Really see no reason why theres sketch art for a hype thread....unless the game actually looked like that which I'm guessing no.

Ballroompirate

Edit: I will post images tomorrow if your wondering.

VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 VensInferno

[QUOTE="VensInferno"]

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"]

princeofshapeir

what about it

You mock my hype thread which has not release date yet you forget about FFV13. But I looked at your sig and now I see why.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lx_theo

Um...? It's already gotten such good reception from critics and fans alike. First time it debuted in gamecom it walked out with all the awards it was nominated for. And that's happened with pretty much all the gameshows they've attended. So you're wrong. The new ideas aren't prone to failure.

wootasifwoot

You do realize failure for MMOs is a lack of sales and subscription. I could see this innovation attracting a good amount of the die hard fanbase from the internet, but not so much the masses. Its a hit or miss on whether it'd does it well enough to attract a strong enough userbase that continuously subscribe. So, yeah, good luck with your silly thing.

VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 VensInferno

[QUOTE="VensInferno"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] there will be many hype threads as time goes by. just like skyward sword.BrunoBRS

i don't think people dare make a hype thread of that game until they're sure it actually exists :P as for races, my main character will most likely be my human thief, but i wanna make a norn guardian and an asura (for the golem :P).

I might be a Slyvari Ranger, then a Charr Engineer :D

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 princeofshapeir

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="VensInferno"] What about Final Fantasy Versus 13?

VensInferno

what about it

You mock my hype thread which has not release date yet you forget about FFV13. But I looked at your sig and now I see why.

i'm actually very hyped for GW2. i quit wow because of this game. but new information has been at a stand-still and it seems premature to make a hype thread for a game that could well be delayed into late 2012.
Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Still no release date? It was suposed to come out in like 2007