Heavy Rain Kamikaze Trophy Guide, Look Here For Help Getting The Trophy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mar044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Mar044
Member since 2006 • 1357 Posts

Wrote a Blog On My Gamespot User Page but thought to also post in here if any of you are looking for help with the TrophyHeavy Rain: How To Get The Kamikaze Trophy Easy

So many people are having trouble getting the Kamikaze Trophy in the game and below is how you can get the trophy simply and easy;

First off for the scenes were you have to tilt the controller left or right, hold the controller as if you where driving a car, so instead of the PS button facing up toward the ceiling when holding the controller, it should be facing toward your chest as your holding the controller in your hand. The only exception to this rule would be when the car starts spinning out of control in which case hold the controller as if you were playing normally with the PS button facing the ceiling and rock the controller and it will detect the rocking motion as if you were tilting right, but only for that scene.

Below is the direction you should take for the best possible route on the highway in order to get this trophy, and gives you what you should choose when faced with multiple choices on directed, follow and on screen for the normal action sequences that don't require you to choose a direction.

::1. Left
:: 2. Right
:: 3. Left
:: 4. Left at the barrier
:: 5. Right when you encounter three vehicles and the bus
:: 6. Right
:: 7. Right at the toll booth
:: 8. Right
:: 9. Left or Right

It took me 3 plus hours of trying to get this trophy before I got it, and they should have made it a silver or gold for the amount of hardship it takes to get this thing, so I hope it helps those looking for help in getting one of the most frustrating bronze PS3 trophies.

fifamessi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 fifamessi
Member since 2009 • 825 Posts
THANK YOU :)
Mar044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mar044

no problem, it was making me insane that when I figured it out I had to share but ya the key is holding the controller as a if it was a wheel of a car :)

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
There's one part where you can mess up without really seeing any indication that you've done so: After the toll booth you'll go into a tunnel and you can choose to steer towards or away from the cop car. Obviously you steer away, but if you do it to fast you'll swirve and bump the car. There's no indication that you messed up, but it still prevents you from getting the trophy. All you have to remember is to SLOWLY tilt your controller away from the car. ............... I tried at this trophy over a dozen times and got it perfect evertime after the first couple tried. I was getting so mad cause I wasn't getting my trophy, so I looked online and found that tip. Man, it saved the lives of a ver expensive controller and HDTV. :P
GingerDeadMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 GingerDeadMan
Member since 2009 • 807 Posts
There's one part where you can mess up without really seeing any indication that you've done so: After the toll booth you'll go into a tunnel and you can choose to steer towards or away from the cop car. Obviously you steer away, but if you do it to fast you'll swirve and bump the car. There's no indication that you messed up, but it still prevents you from getting the trophy. All you have to remember is to SLOWLY tilt your controller away from the car. ............... I tried at this trophy over a dozen times and got it perfect evertime after the first couple tried. I was getting so mad cause I wasn't getting my trophy, so I looked online and found that tip. Man, it saved the lives of a ver expensive controller and HDTV. :PTheEldestGod
Thanks for this important heads up.
Mar044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mar044

the indication that you messed up is that you smash and grind the police car where the correct way you should see is you never touch the police car

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
thanks for the info
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts
thanks so much, i've been trying forever to get this thing
Mar044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mar044
ya it can be tricky, I really stand by my saying that this should have been at least a silver trophy. LOL
rdamazio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rdamazio
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Here are my own hints for getting this: * Set the lowest difficulty level * Hold the controller at about 45 degrees (meaning the ps button is turned towards your head) - this will make the tilts register more easily * Tilt slowly * The last few commands before you crash don't count
rdamazio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rdamazio
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Oh yes, and make sure you have autosave on - if you make a mistake, go back to the main menu and choose continue, that will take you to the beginning of the trial (rather than to the garage).