mobile intel( r ) 4 series express chipset family is it good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hillboy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hillboy619
Member since 2009 • 772 Posts

could this play team fortress 2?

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

no basically you have a geforce fx 5200 it will struggle with anything really thta i can think of. it can abrely get painkiller off the ground let laone anything recent. you want to here your most well noted games you can play list? here it is anyway:

C&C red alert 2

warhammer 40k: dawn of war 1 (barely)

portal (barely)

C&c generals

guildwars

fable: TLC

final fanatsy 11

cs 1.6

doom 3 (barely)

serious sam: the secodn encounter (barely)

painkiller (barely)

you cant get half life 2 or tf2 and the only reason you even get portal going is because 75% of the textures are shades of white!!

hrah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 hrah
Member since 2003 • 1375 Posts

why make two post of the same?, you already got a response in the other thread

it doesn't matter how many times you ask, the answer will be the same (sorry), integrated graphics are too weak for gaming, you could try some old games

but forget about the new stuff

Kendog87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kendog87
Member since 2010 • 1111 Posts

No you cant, if you MB has PCI-e Just get a video card.

diablo7686

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 diablo7686
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

i know thtis is really old post but yea you can if u havent found it out i play all the time

propspgamer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 propspgamer123
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
You can also play Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. You will need to tune the graphics and textures down a bit, but works fine. I play Modern Warfare on my laptop, which has the Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family in it. Good luck!! Use this for more games that should work on the Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-029450.htm
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ionusX

thread necromancy is heresy you know this right?

propspgamer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 propspgamer123
I am dead serious that Modern Warfare works on the 4 express series!! I have the demo and I am getting the full game! There are rumors that Modern Warfare 2 also works. I am not sure about that so try the free demo to see if it works or not.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ionusX

I am dead serious that Modern Warfare works on the 4 express series!! I have the demo and I am getting the full game! There are rumors that Modern Warfare 2 also works. I am not sure about that so try the free demo to see if it works or not.propspgamer123

and im telling you you cant.. the intel 4 series is the 945 chipset inferior to the radeon 9800 series and therefore below the specs of any console by miles let alone the requirements for much older games such as fear: extraction point and doom 3

hrah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 hrah
Member since 2003 • 1375 Posts

I am dead serious that Modern Warfare works on the 4 express series!! I have the demo and I am getting the full game! There are rumors that Modern Warfare 2 also works. I am not sure about that so try the free demo to see if it works or not.propspgamer123

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ionusX

[QUOTE="propspgamer123"]I am dead serious that Modern Warfare works on the 4 express series!! I have the demo and I am getting the full game! There are rumors that Modern Warfare 2 also works. I am not sure about that so try the free demo to see if it works or not.hrah

i prefer this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h67JpMyrOVE

propspgamer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 propspgamer123
Just tuned most of the graphic and texture options to low and it works like a breeze. If you still don't trust me then try the free demo. I am 100% it will work when you tune the graphics down.
propspgamer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 propspgamer123
I also gave you the link to the official Intel website. It clearly shows that Modern Warfare, Battlefield 2142, GTR Evolution, and lots of other games work on the chipset 4 family!!!
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ionusX

I also gave you the link to the official Intel website. It clearly shows that Modern Warfare, Battlefield 2142, GTR Evolution, and lots of other games work on the chipset 4 family!!!propspgamer123

time to play

rock ..

paper ...

gpu benchmarks..

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphic-Cards.13849.0.html

oooh look i won :P

propspgamer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 propspgamer123
Can u give me your pc specs?
propspgamer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 propspgamer123
It doesn't say the chipset. It doesn't even say the Geforce FX 5200 So ur basically saying you don't trust the people who make the darn chip? I gave you the link and here it is again: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intelgm45/sb/cs-029450.htm I say again that YOU NEED TO LOWER THE GRAPHICS TO MAKE IT WORK SMOOTHLY. Otherwise, it will glitch and shutter. I agree that the Moblie Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family isn't a very good card. But it has the capability to run things like COD:MW
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ionusX

It doesn't say the chipset. It doesn't even say the Geforce FX 5200 So ur basically saying you don't trust the people who make the darn chip? I gave you the link and here it is again: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intelgm45/sb/cs-029450.htm I say again that YOU NEED TO LOWER THE GRAPHICS TO MAKE IT WORK SMOOTHLY. Otherwise, it will glitch and shutter. I agree that the Moblie Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family isn't a very good card. But it has the capability to run things like COD:MWpropspgamer123

the fx5200 has nothing to do with it.. if the benchies dont even list anything in red it means a chip on a laptop BETTER than it wont play it on lowest settings @ 1024 x 768 END discussion and therefore it wont.. intel got a SUPPORT list not the "it can run it" list..

intel is misleading as the devil and their graphics chips ARE A SIN UNDER GOD

Madnessss1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Madnessss1
Member since 2011 • 54 Posts

[QUOTE="propspgamer123"]I also gave you the link to the official Intel website. It clearly shows that Modern Warfare, Battlefield 2142, GTR Evolution, and lots of other games work on the chipset 4 family!!!ionusX

time to play

rock ..

paper ...

gpu benchmarks..

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphic-Cards.13849.0.html

Depends on how you define "works". I used to have a similar Laptop, and ran MW at 20 FPS with super low settings.
NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="propspgamer123"]I also gave you the link to the official Intel website. It clearly shows that Modern Warfare, Battlefield 2142, GTR Evolution, and lots of other games work on the chipset 4 family!!!Madnessss1

time to play

rock ..

paper ...

gpu benchmarks..

Depends on how you define "works". I used to have a similar Laptop, and ran MW at 20 FPS with super low settings.

20 FPS would be far too low for my tastes. 30-35 FPS is the minimum, 60 FPS preferred whenever possible. When you can't even hit that on minimum settings, it's time for an upgrade. Unfortunately, far too many notebooks are stuck with Intel graphics and no viable upgrade routes. The only thing even resembling a graphics upgrade relies on the presence of an ExpressCard slot and a great deal of tweakery to get a DIY ViDock/NVIDIA Optimus setup going.
propspgamer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 propspgamer123

[QUOTE="propspgamer123"]It doesn't say the chipset. It doesn't even say the Geforce FX 5200 So ur basically saying you don't trust the people who make the darn chip? I gave you the link and here it is again: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intelgm45/sb/cs-029450.htm I say again that YOU NEED TO LOWER THE GRAPHICS TO MAKE IT WORK SMOOTHLY. Otherwise, it will glitch and shutter. I agree that the Moblie Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family isn't a very good card. But it has the capability to run things like COD:MWionusX

the fx5200 has nothing to do with it.. if the benchies dont even list anything in red it means a chip on a laptop BETTER than it wont play it on lowest settings @ 1024 x 768 END discussion and therefore it wont.. intel got a SUPPORT list not the "it can run it" list..

Well, if what you are saying is true, then how can my laptop with this chipset and 3 of my other friends with exactly (I checked it and all 3 have the same as I do) the same chipset work Modern Warfare? I admit, the gameplay is slow (from 1 to 10 I would give it a 6.5) with high graphics settings. But put the settings on low or off, then it works nicely. Just wondering, do you have the Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family? And do you have the Modern Warfare Demo?
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="propspgamer123"]It doesn't say the chipset. It doesn't even say the Geforce FX 5200 So ur basically saying you don't trust the people who make the darn chip? I gave you the link and here it is again: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intelgm45/sb/cs-029450.htm I say again that YOU NEED TO LOWER THE GRAPHICS TO MAKE IT WORK SMOOTHLY. Otherwise, it will glitch and shutter. I agree that the Moblie Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family isn't a very good card. But it has the capability to run things like COD:MWpropspgamer123

Well, if what you are saying is true, then how can my laptop with this chipset and 3 of my other friends with exactly (I checked it and all 3 have the same as I do) the same chipset work Modern Warfare? I admit, the gameplay is slow (from 1 to 10 I would give it a 6.5) with high graphics settings. But put the settings on low or off, then it works nicely. Just wondering, do you have the Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family? And do you have the Modern Warfare Demo?

Unlike yourself, most of the people here don't consider 30fps acceptable for an FPS.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ionusX

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="propspgamer123"]It doesn't say the chipset. It doesn't even say the Geforce FX 5200 So ur basically saying you don't trust the people who make the darn chip? I gave you the link and here it is again: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intelgm45/sb/cs-029450.htm I say again that YOU NEED TO LOWER THE GRAPHICS TO MAKE IT WORK SMOOTHLY. Otherwise, it will glitch and shutter. I agree that the Moblie Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family isn't a very good card. But it has the capability to run things like COD:MWpropspgamer123

i demand a fraps pic or it didnt happen.. in fact i require several on different machines with copies of your gpu-z and directx diag fior each.

it also requires your fps indicator to be on..