Why there WILL be another Ratchet and Clank game soon!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tigertechie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 tigertechie
Member since 2009 • 1951 Posts

So we all love R&C, but will there be another? The answer is yes, because it is too popular and IG will make one this year due to the sales. The game ends in a way showing you that there HAS too be another, and because it was made only in 2002, and every year from that year forwards there has been another R&C game, and will the sales higher than ever, there will be another. In au we get game about 3 weeks to 6 weeks before those in europe (excluding UK) and i've heard that another is coming in October 2010.

Any ideas?

Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

No. There will not be another Ratchet and Clank game this year. And A Crack in Time does not end with them having to make another one.

2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts

no more like 2011... 2010 belongs to resistance 3 Insomniac swaps titles every year...

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
There might be another PSN game this year like they did with Quest for Booty in 2008. But don't hold your breath for a new full retail game until next year at the earliest.
NoobisMaxcimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NoobisMaxcimus
Member since 2007 • 2893 Posts

PLease no. The latest one was worse than Deadlocked. Worst in the series even.

MrGanny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MrGanny
Member since 2009 • 2911 Posts

no more like 2011... 2010 belongs to resistance 3 Insomniac swaps titles every year...

2beers_in_hand

LOL at your sig.

K, ontopic. They just released a Crack in time so I don't think they will release another one this year. Besides it's been what, almost 1 year since they released Resistance 2 and I've been waiting Resistance 3 since I finished Resistance 2. :(

tigertechie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tigertechie

[QUOTE="2beers_in_hand"]

MrGanny

LOL at your sig.

K, ontopic. They just released a Crack in time so I don't think they will release another one this year. Besides it's been what, almost 1 year since they released Resistance 2 and I've been waiting Resistance 3 since I finished Resistance 2. :(

Oh they will, they are too popular!
dk00111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 dk00111
Member since 2007 • 3123 Posts

The game ends in a way showing you that there HAS too be another...

tigertechie
So does Resistance 3, and it's very likely that R3 is coming out this year. :D
Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts
[QUOTE="MrGanny"]

[QUOTE="2beers_in_hand"]

tigertechie

LOL at your sig.

There has actually been a decline in sales over the last couple of games...
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

I don't know. I heard this latest game did not sell well at all or at least not the others did. You would think this game would have passed 1 million already. Resistance 2 only sold like half of what the first one did. Don't get me wrong Insomniac is awsome with their games butthey never get the salesthey deserve. It would be cool for Insomniac to do something new. I love Ratchet but there are like 9 games out since the franchise started, It's only been out for a little 8 years.

Rhen_Var

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#11 Rhen_Var
Member since 2006 • 12422 Posts
I would like to see proof rather then speculation. Misleading topic if you ask me.
aka_aj03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 aka_aj03
Member since 2004 • 5911 Posts
I love to see another Resistance title and should not screw around with online gameplay... they should go back to the first one but with better options.... not that 60 players mumbo jumbo. Online split screens, well balanced online games. Did you guys remember capture the flag in Somerset... was epic :D
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Well i hope they make another Ratchet and Clank game, and if there will be another one, i don't see it coming out any time this year.

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

I very much doubt it.

R&C might be popular, but that doesn't mean Insomniac should just churn them out. As it is, a crapload of R&C games have been made, on an average of more than 1 per year, I believe. 9 games in 8 years? I'd rather them work on something totally fresh, test the potential for another franchise, and then roll with that.

Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#15 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts

We will see a Ratchet and Clank Collection (like God of War collection) before a new Ratchet and Clank game.

NotAFurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 NotAFurry
Member since 2003 • 6055 Posts

I'd buy a multiplayer-only R&C game if it came out on PSN, maybe even retail.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I think they're giving the series a break now. They're currently working on Resistance 3.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

PLease no. The latest one was worse than Deadlocked. Worst in the series even.

NoobisMaxcimus

Wow. ACIT is my favorite in the series. I think the general consensus will disagree with you, but whatever. Your opinion. I loved it.

Naughty_Dog14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Naughty_Dog14
Member since 2009 • 80 Posts

I hope there's not another one, because R&C is one of my favorite series of all time and if they start to milk it it'll be like Guitar Hero and people will eventually get sick of it. ACiT was possibly the best in the series (only competition from UYA) let's end with a bang. I think they left it off like that so if they ever wanted another one, they'd have somewhere to start, and the ending keeps you guessing while providing closure at the same time. Anyways, even if they do create another it'll probably be a while, right now I believe they are working on the soon to be AAA title Resistance 3.

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts
[QUOTE="tigertechie"]

So we all love R&C, but will there be another? The answer is yes, because it is too popular and IG will make one this year due to the sales. The game ends in a way showing you that there HAS too be another, and because it was made only in 2002, and every year from that year forwards there has been another R&C game, and will the sales higher than ever, there will be another. In au we get game about 3 weeks to 6 weeks before those in europe (excluding UK) and i've heard that another is coming in October 2010.

Any ideas?

If you knew anything about Insomniac you would know that they stated that RC and resistance will alternate every other year resistance 3 comes this year Rc 2011
naaros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 naaros
Member since 2009 • 330 Posts

I'm really torn. On the one hand, I LOVE the Ratchet and Clank series (currently playing A Crack in Time) - definitely one of the best platforming series ever! On the other hand, I feel like the series should at least take a long break. Like someone else said, they have released quite a few R&C games in the past 8 or so years. A new original IP would be really cool (besides Resistance). I've always kinda thought of Insomanic as another great version of NaughtyDog, and when ND stopped the Jak series, I was sad at first. But then I played Uncharted and was happy again. ;) That said, a new Jak game would be cool as well :P.

So basically: Take a break with R&C for a few years; do a new IP. Then revisit R&C so it'll be new and fresh again. :o

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts

Not this year that's for sure. The current storyline is finished so there is no rush for them to create another.

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts

[QUOTE="tigertechie"][QUOTE="MrGanny"]

LOL at your sig.

Ultrabeatdown55

There has actually been a decline in sales over the last couple of games...

Exepct that Insomniac said that ACIT was the fastest selling RAC game ..>.> R&C needs a break

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts
[QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

I very much doubt it.

R&C might be popular, but that doesn't mean Insomniac should just churn them out. As it is, a crapload of R&C games have been made, on an average of more than 1 per year, I believe. 9 games in 8 years? I'd rather them work on something totally fresh, test the potential for another franchise, and then roll with that.

There are only 8 RC games and insominiac only made 7 of them in 8 years.
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

[QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

I very much doubt it.

jeremiah06

There are only 8 RC games and insominiac only made 7 of them in 8 years.

9 if you count Secret Agent Clank. Even if you don't that'sstill one per year.

Unfortunately the Future series IMO fell short of the PS2 games so unless they make some significant changes I don't really think they should makea new one- especially considering the ending to CiTnicely wrapped up most of the story.

tigertechie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tigertechie

I don't know. I heard this latest game did not sell well at all or at least not the others did. You would think this game would have passed 1 million already. Resistance 2 only sold like half of what the first one did. Don't get me wrong Insomniac is awsome with their games butthey never get the salesthey deserve. It would be cool for Insomniac to do something new. I love Ratchet but there are like 9 games out since the franchise started, It's only been out for a little 8 years.

gamenerd15
8 years in Oct 2010!
tigertechie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tigertechie

I'm really torn. On the one hand, I LOVE the Ratchet and Clank series (currently playing A Crack in Time) - definitely one of the best platforming series ever! On the other hand, I feel like the series should at least take a long break. Like someone else said, they have released quite a few R&C games in the past 8 or so years. A new original IP would be really cool (besides Resistance). I've always kinda thought of Insomanic as another great version of NaughtyDog, and when ND stopped the Jak series, I was sad at first. But then I played Uncharted and was happy again. ;) That said, a new Jak game would be cool as well :P.

So basically: Take a break with R&C for a few years; do a new IP. Then revisit R&C so it'll be new and fresh again. :o

naaros
No, i think that IG knows that RC's story will continue, (if you have finished it) and the story shows there will be another soon!
GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 GeneralHawx
Member since 2009 • 1853 Posts
Really sales have gone up? Weird I never hear people talk about this game that often and I haven't even bought any in the series
tigertechie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tigertechie
Really sales have gone up? Weird I never hear people talk about this game that often and I haven't even bought any in the seriesGeneralHawx
yes they have!
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I think it will come back but not for a while. Ratchet sold fine but it could have done better. I don't think it even charted for November or October (granted it was only on October for a couple days). I'm not down on it, they say Ratchet games sell over time.
paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts

Yeah TC your argument isn't working at all -It's more likely there will be a new Resistance game then A R&C game, since ACIT came just a little while ago and R2 was way back in 2008. - The Resistance games sell better -the ending to ACIT left it open for a another game, though there wasn't any big cliffhanger or anything demanding a sequel soon.

elchiquilin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 elchiquilin
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts
dont think so, as many said its r3 turn to show up. Tough there was a rumor (sorry cant remember where I read it) that said IG was gonna do a whole new franchise, leaving R3 for 2011 and the next RC for 2012
tigertechie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tigertechie

Yeah TC your argument isn't working at all -It's more likely there will be a new Resistance game then A R&C game, since ACIT came just a little while ago and R2 was way back in 2008. - The Resistance games sell better -the ending to ACIT left it open for a another game, though there wasn't any big cliffhanger or anything demanding a sequel soon.

paradigm68
i agree but it's been nearly three months now....
_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 _Cadbury_
Member since 2006 • 2936 Posts
[QUOTE="tigertechie"]

Any ideas?

Well firstly, the game doesnt end showing you there HAS to be another. And Australia doesnt get games up to 6 weeks earlier than everywhere else. If anything theyll get them a few days later. And Insomniac have said aCiT may be the last in the series. So if anything we can only say there may not ever be another ratchet and clank.
paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
[QUOTE="paradigm68"]

tigertechie

When has a decent sequel to a game ever came out just three months after?
tigertechie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tigertechie
[QUOTE="tigertechie"][QUOTE="paradigm68"]

paradigm68

When has a decent sequel to a game ever came out just three months after?

Did i say that i wanted a sequel right now????? Seriously...