Is UPS really slow or what? 3 Day Select = 6 Days? Why?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

This isn't the first time I've been frustrated with UPS' shipping. I ordered a new $400 A/V Receiver that I could hook up for New Years and hopefully get some music cranking for a party. I placed the order this previous Friday, and it finished processing and shipped early today. Should be here by Wednesday, right? Nope! It isn't coming until Next Monday! I hate to seem like I'm nitpicking, but it just seems logical that it should be here by Thursday.

If I complain to UPS, do you think they can up the priority on the order or something?

8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts
it wouldnt hurt to try complaining about their pathetic service, but then they might also not give a flying **** D: UPS fails
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#3 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Wierd, they have always been good for me.

MajorSport

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MajorSport
Member since 2004 • 2148 Posts
UPS has always been punctual with my deliveries...maybe it's the region you live in? It could just be that they're still really busy from the holiday season.
2good2betrue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 2good2betrue
Member since 2006 • 7791 Posts

UPS is great for me as well. You can always use USPS lol

smc91352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 smc91352
Member since 2009 • 7786 Posts
can't be as bad as FedEX + FrozenCPU. I ordered a Megahalems on a Friday night and it took 2 weeks to get it. :x I'm gonna stick to newegg now. (and also, that extra $3 for faster processing is worth it; especially if you're getting a video card that keeps selling out)
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
they must be busy with all the holiday stuff still going on.
zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 zbdyx
Member since 2007 • 2055 Posts
I ordered a book and it was supposed to get to me last Thursday, but it came today instead, probably because it was Christmas day that messed it up for me. UPS has bad service sometimes, when I order my new PC I'm probably gonna go with Fed-Ex
Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

Never had a problem with UPS...

Lethargika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lethargika
Member since 2009 • 1666 Posts

I've never had a problem with UPS either, and Newegg is superfast, usually get my stuff in 2 days flat with ground. But the fact that I live about 40 minutes away from their L.A. warehouse might contribute to their punctual service. :P

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
Maybe its the place you bought it from's fault. That's how it is with Rockabilia >_>
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
Could be weather conditions or many other reasons why it's late. You need patience....
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KHAndAnime
Maybe its the place you bought it from's fault. That's how it is with Rockabilia >_>Juggernaut140
I live in Seattle. And it shouldn't be too busy at all, we're past Christmas. And regardless, 3 day select should be 3 days! Not 6 days! I don't even care if it took them until Friday, but just the fact that they're waiting until after the weekend is what really bothers me.
Revixe06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Revixe06
Member since 2008 • 1021 Posts

I have always had bad experiences with UPS.

Eastdabest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Eastdabest
Member since 2006 • 652 Posts
Same here, chose the guarantee 3 day service, ordered some stuff from newegg, it shipped on the 24th and the expected arrival date is Jan 4th >.
dk00111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dk00111
Member since 2007 • 3123 Posts

Really? UPS has always been on time/early for me. Maybe it's because of all the snow that's going on.

Now USPS on the other hand, has always been late.

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

Its three business days of shipping.

It takes 1 business day for the website to send the shipping info to UPS. Since Thurs through Sunday are part of the holiday weekend, the third business day would be the following Monday (Jan 4th). UPS is working well within their obligation. You should of properly calculated the business days and tried 1 day shipping instead.

CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts

I've had almost perfect service from UPS. I've even received a few packages earlier than expected lol. Do you have a tracking number? Is there any info about the delay?

WestSideAzn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 WestSideAzn
Member since 2003 • 2218 Posts
It doesn't always depend on the carrier. Someones the seller is at fault also.
Mark_the_Lie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mark_the_Lie
Member since 2009 • 482 Posts

Should UPS deliver when they say they will? Yes.

Should you make an online purchase on CHRISTMAS DAY and expect it to be there on time? Of course not. That's just stupid. You're ordering a product during the 7 days that contain Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, and New Years Day in addition to a weekend (when they don't ship).

You can really only blame yourself.

Avatar image for WolfattheDoor34
WolfattheDoor34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 WolfattheDoor34
Member since 2006 • 3278 Posts
Are you dark-skinned? It's probably because if that. UPS have been known to make shipments to darker people a tertiary concern.
trex24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 trex24
Member since 2005 • 33 Posts

I'm really POed at UPS as well. Sony charged me $29 for shipping and I mailed my PS3 to their repair center in Laredo, TX on December 23rd, 12:16PM from a UPS store 3 Day Select.

UPS picked it up that day at 4:42 PM, it arrived in the town of Pacific abt 20 miles away at 9:46PM that day, and arrived in Seattle (abt 20 miles away) at 10:14 PM. Itleft Seattle at 6:52 AM the 24th, and arrived in Kentucky the same day at 2:05PM (must have flown). Then it sat somewhere for over five days, andmysteriously left Kentucky without being scanned and arrived in Dallas TX without being scanned during those five days. On the 29th, it left Dallas at 5:09 PM andgot to San Antonio TX at 10:45PM that day. About 20 minutes ago (the 30th now) it left San Antonio, supposed destination (if it doesn't fall into a black hole for another five days) Laredo TX later today, Home of MTC, Sony's repair facility, where undocumented workers will hopefully start repairing my PS3. Here is the tracking info thusfar if you don't believe me:

SAN ANTONIO, TX, US12/30/20092:11 A.M.DEPARTURE SCANSAN ANTONIO, TX, US12/29/200910:45 P.M.ARRIVAL SCANDALLAS/FT. WORTH A/P, TX, US12/29/20095:09 P.M.DEPARTURE SCANLOUISVILLE, KY, US12/24/20092:05 P.M.ARRIVAL SCANSEATTLE, WA, US12/24/20096:52 A.M.DEPARTURE SCANSEATTLE, WA, US12/23/200910:14 P.M.ARRIVAL SCANPACIFIC, WA, US12/23/20099:46 P.M.DEPARTURE SCAN12/23/20094:52 P.M.PICKUP SCAN

I think I got screwed by UPS. Notice the below:

Rescheduled Delivery Date: 12/30/2009 Shipped To: LAREDO, TX,, US Type: Package Service: 3 DAY SELECT Weight: 13.00 Lbs

"Rescheduled Delivery Date?" WTF happened to the originally scheduled delivery date and why was it changed? No clue from the UPS site.

Of course, UPS suspended all of their promised delivery dates, so they let themselves off the hook:

http://compass.ups.com/uploadedFiles/2009_UPS_PEAK_SEASON.pdf

"Time-in-transit notes:On UPS holidays (Nov. 26, Dec. 25 and Jan. 1) there is no movement of any packages tendered to UPS.ups.com for UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions.

Also, Nov. 27, Dec. 24 and Dec. 31 are transit days for UPS air and international packages only.

Peak-season guarantees:The guarantee for all U.S. air services and UPS 3 Day Select is suspended for shipments picked up on Dec. 21, 22 and 23. For further details, visit

So, I guess I'm lucky the package moved at all on the 24th, albeit it was being flown from Seattle to Kentucky that day. Then it disappeared into the over five day black hole when it got to Kentucky. One of those days is explained away by Christmas being a no movement day, but what about the others? Even though it is "3 business day select," it should have moved through the system the 26th, 27th, and 28th.

UPS states: Our all-points international air hub is located in Louisville, KY,

Dallas/Fort Worth is a destination for UPS airlines.

How did it take four days to fly from Louisville to Dallas Fort Worth?

Even though they suspended their guarantee of delivery for my package it is frustrating. Lets all make a promise for next year--do not ship or buy anything shipped UPS. They are obviously overburdened during the holidays so they have to suspend their promises, so let's unburden them next year so they won't have to suspend them and are able to deliver holiday packages and between holiday packages on time. Good? Good.

This extra delay is frustrating because I ordered my $192 PS3 repair on 12/16. Sony told me in an email to look for another email about shipping the PS3. They never sent it. I called them on 12/18 and they said the box to ship the PS3 to them was sent out UPS two days prior (the same day I ordered the repair, also 3 day select. Wasn't delivered until the 23rd! What was their excuse for that one? No promise suspended for that period! Should have arrived on the 21st AT THE LATEST (should probably have arrived on Saturday the 19th if UPS gave a darn about service). So, I could probably been using my repaired/refurbished PS3 days ago if it wasn't for UPS not keeping their promises when they should, and suspending them when they shouldn't.

JUST REFUSE THE PACKAGES YOU CAN'T DELIVER ON TIME, UPS--KEEP YOUR CUSTOMERS HAPPY OR THEY WILL GO ELSEWHERE. WE DON"T GIVE A DARN THAT YOU ARE MAKING HUGE EXTRA PROFITS BY OVERBURDENING YOUR SYSTEM AND BREAKING YOUR PROMISE TO CUSTOMERS EVEN BEFORE YOU SUSPENDED THOSE PROMISES!

"Santa" won't be using UPS next year. He has a fixed deadline to meet. UPS has no promises they want to keep.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KHAndAnime
That's pretty messed up man. A little update on my story: at 4 o'clock this afternoon, the package arrived in Spokane, Washington. I live in Seattle, Washington. When I saw it arrive in Spokane on the tracking info, I thought "well, damn, this could very well be here Wednesday or Thursday". The package leaves Spokane and goes to Portland, Oregon. Yes, the package leaves my state and goes away. After it arrives in Portland, Oregon - it departs. Six hours later, it arrives. But where does it arrive to? Portland, Oregon! How does that make sense? The package left and went back? UPS doesn't make any sense.
trex24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 trex24

That's pretty messed up man. A little update on my story: at 4 o'clock this afternoon, the package arrived in Spokane, Washington. I live in Seattle, Washington. When I saw it arrive in Spokane on the tracking info, I thought "well, damn, this could very well be here Wednesday or Thursday". The package leaves Spokane and goes to Portland, Oregon. Yes, the package leaves my state and goes away. After it arrives in Portland, Oregon - it departs. Six hours later, it arrives. But where does it arrive to? Portland, Oregon! How does that make sense? The package left and went back? UPS doesn't make any sense.KHAndAnime

Right KHAndAnime. I hope my post gave you further details on how they screwed you and me. That's messed up. I can understand UPS Ground going the most inefficient way and taking far longer than you expected/were promised, but not3 Day Select. I think I'll stick with USPS or Fed Ex. They didn't screw me for all of the holiday gifts I bought--all arrived by the 24th. I suppose I owe alot to the people I bought the stuff from knowing they were Christmas gifts even though I didin't tell them so, so they shipped the packages by other methods than UPS to ensure I got them before the holiday. Got to hand it to Fed Ex. They even delivered something in a rented truck. At least they do what it takes to keep their promises. I guess you have until tomorrow and then you're out of luck if it doesn't arrive. Read the fine print from UPS in my post, and it appears you don't have much chance to get it on the 31st, and no chance on the 1st.

trex24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 trex24

LOL. Sony saysthe refurbed PS3 was shipped early yesterday (the 31st) and still no record of it in the UPS system as of now. Here we go again. Maybe I'll get my PS3 by 2011 with "UPS 3 Day Select". Maybe they can make it three for three for late deliveries during this PS3 repair process. (Box shipped to me late, shipment of system in box to Sony late, andshipment of refurbed system from Sony to me late).

Did you get your receiver in time to use it New Years Eve?

White_wolf_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 White_wolf_eye
Member since 2009 • 2886 Posts

Im still waiting for me xbox360...