Fight Night Round 3 vs Fight Night Round 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

Let's keep it above the waist.

DING! DING!

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Fight Night Round 4 for myself, I had my initial worries but after some time I came to appreciate the game on many levels.

While the forth installation still has things to iron out in hopefully next Round (Troublesome and frustrating mini-games, footwork in the ring, more expansive Legacy Mode), it's still a fantastic boxing game in many respects.

I personally switched from FNR3 and it took some adjustments but it's well worth and I have no regrets.

xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts
I slightly like FNR3 better, due to the fact that it has the option to switch to button controls if i want. I don't understand why EA took that out for Rd 4. The stick control for both games never felt right for me. I can use it but I just don't enjoy playing as much. Both are fantastic boxing games, FNR4 may overall be a better game but I enjoy 3 much more.
cmpepper23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cmpepper23
Member since 2005 • 3281 Posts

FNR4

I really like the new controls, and the physics are really good. IMO it is the most realistic boxing sim ever made. I love it. It also helps that it has such a large amount of fighters to choose and the fact that you can create them and DL ones that other peeps created.

Tony2519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tony2519
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
I slightly like FNR3 better, due to the fact that it has the option to switch to button controls if i want. I don't understand why EA took that out for Rd 4. The stick control for both games never felt right for me. I can use it but I just don't enjoy playing as much. Both are fantastic boxing games, FNR4 may overall be a better game but I enjoy 3 much more.xmitchconnorx
but they are making a patch for people who prefer the button control
xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts
[QUOTE="xmitchconnorx"]I slightly like FNR3 better, due to the fact that it has the option to switch to button controls if i want. I don't understand why EA took that out for Rd 4. The stick control for both games never felt right for me. I can use it but I just don't enjoy playing as much. Both are fantastic boxing games, FNR4 may overall be a better game but I enjoy 3 much more.Tony2519

Really? I didn't know that, that's great. I guess dismiss my previous post then.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

[QUOTE="Tony2519"][QUOTE="xmitchconnorx"]I slightly like FNR3 better, due to the fact that it has the option to switch to button controls if i want. I don't understand why EA took that out for Rd 4. The stick control for both games never felt right for me. I can use it but I just don't enjoy playing as much. Both are fantastic boxing games, FNR4 may overall be a better game but I enjoy 3 much more.xmitchconnorx

Really? I didn't know that, that's great. I guess dismiss my previous post then.

I thought the analog controls were one of the cooler elements of the recent Fight Night games, but I understand that you probably get a lot more precision out of button control. To be honest, with all the FNR3 I've played, I did not once try button controls.

I've been considering picking up FNR4, if for no better reason than the better boxer choices, but wasn't entirely sure it'd be worth paying another $60.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
FNR4 >>>> FNR3
ordog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ordog1
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I really do not like the fact that I cannot copy my boxer files to play against my friends. I bought the software, installed it on MY machine, I should be able to manipulate my own data. It is like Microsoft not allowing you to print or copy excel files. I feel robbed.
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts
FNR3 is good, FNR4 is better ;)
gestah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 gestah
Member since 2005 • 523 Posts
when 3 was coming out I thoug it was just a graphix fest, but it turned out to be the most rewarding fighting game ever, the 4th should be more so
blaze_adeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 blaze_adeel
Member since 2008 • 933 Posts
FNR3 is good, FNR4 is better ;)BattleSpectre
b1lal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 b1lal
Member since 2007 • 1122 Posts
FNR 4 is better in almost every way.
MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

Fight Night Round 4

NotAFurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 NotAFurry
Member since 2003 • 6055 Posts

Guys, this thread was born on the 14th of July...

Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts

FNR3 by a long shot....hell the PSP version of FNR3 is 10x better than the PS3 version of FNR4....all thats better on FNR4 is the graphics and im glad that theres no like same side magnet keeping the fighters from touching

Srenjy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Srenjy
Member since 2010 • 307 Posts
fight night round 4 is the best ive played :)