Killzone 2 floors Insomniac community manager JStevenson

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-255087.aspx

Killzone 2 has floored JStevenson - community manager at Insomniac games. This is what he had to say regarding the game:-

"I did indeed beat KZ2 tonight and it is indeed awesome. I know there will be plenty of comments, opinions, accolades and nitpicks, but for me, the game was fun.

My favorite part of the game was when you get this certain weapon. I really really love it and I got the trophy for oh so fast - wish it was available more.

Anyways --- major props to all the folks at GG. " Updates: NOTE : Insomniac and SONY's Santa Monica studio helped Guerilla to build the AI algorithms of Killzone 2

can't wait for the game :D

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts
Lol, this story was posted yesterday. Still nice to hear. And he's only referring to the SP. The thing that get's me though, that quote doesn't really reflect the title :?. Did actually say "floored"?
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts

i'm sorry, but saying something is 'fun' =/= being 'floored', lmao.

floored is like 'omg, i can't believe it, this game totally knocked me on my ass - it is so incredibly awesome'.

fun is AA.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

He didn't seem very confident...

I hope it's more than just "fun".

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kweeni
Lol, this story was posted yesterday. Still nice to hear. And he's only referring to the SP. The thing that get's me though, that quote doesn't really reflect the title :?. Did actually say "floored"?TREAL_Since
it was? sorry didn't know that
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9123 Posts

insomniac had a hand in the development of Killzone 2... and they say they like the game!! :shock:

shocking... noone that has worked on a game has ever said that its awesome, right? :roll:

i take comments from people that worked on the game to be less believable than fanboys... dont they think every game they make is amazing?

blehblahblep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blehblahblep
Member since 2009 • 128 Posts
yea i can see insomniac developer saying damn our a.i sucks .
kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kweeni
[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

insomniac had a hand in the development of Killzone 2... and they say they like the game!! :shock:

shocking... noone that has worked on a game has ever said that its awesome, right? :roll:

i take comments from people that worked on the game to be less believable than fanboys... dont they think every game they make is amazing?

wait so this dude is one of the developers of the game? didn't know that, but whatever i'm just exited for the game :P
blehblahblep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blehblahblep
[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

kweeni

wait so this dude is one of the developers of the game? didn't know that, but whatever i'm just exited for the game :P

NOTE : Insomniac and SONY's Santa Monica studio helped Guerilla to build the AI algorithms of Killzone 2

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ogvampire
[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

kweeni

they helped the development, but it wasnt anything really significant. either way, they had their hand in the process one way or another

"Updates: NOTE : Insomniac and SONY's Santa Monica studio helped Guerilla to build the AI algorithms of Killzone 2"

Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Flamestos
Member since 2004 • 2487 Posts
[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

Really? I heard the Sony Santa Monica had helped in some areas of Killzone 2's development but not Insomniac.
blehblahblep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blehblahblep

killzone2 might be decent since sony developers helped them out.

sony has some skilled developers...most are no where to be found this gen though.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ogvampire
[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

Flamestos

Really? I heard the Sony Santa Monica had helped in some areas of Killzone 2's development but not Insomniac.

the bottom part of the TC's post reads as follows:

"Updates: NOTE : Insomniac and SONY's Santa Monica studio helped Guerilla to build the AI algorithms of Killzone 2"

blehblahblep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blehblahblep
[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

Flamestos

yes killzone2 uses's some technology made by insomniac the same with naughtydog/uncharted developers.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TREAL_Since
Don't forget people that Insomniac and GG have a little bit of bad blood between each other. Even though they may share assets. Still Insomniac is the classiest group of guys/gals in the industry :). Also, humble, so I don't think he would go ape **** on the internet about it even if he was "floored" lol.
Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Flamestos
Member since 2004 • 2487 Posts
[QUOTE="Flamestos"][QUOTE="ogvampire"]

ogvampire

I never clicked the link andmissed that part of the post but I've seen before that Sony Santa Monica had helped out Guerilla. That's why I asked no harm no foul.
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TREAL_Since
[QUOTE="Flamestos"][QUOTE="ogvampire"]

I think if your Sony 1st/2nd party: everyone helps everyone lol.
blehblahblep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 blehblahblep

sony=bought out guerrilla games

sony/naughtydog/insomniac all share technology.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kweeni
[QUOTE="blehblahblep"][QUOTE="kweeni"][QUOTE="ogvampire"]

NOTE : Insomniac and SONY's Santa Monica studio helped Guerilla to build the AI algorithms of Killzone 2

oops sorry didn't pay much attention to that part lol
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ogvampire
[QUOTE="ogvampire"][QUOTE="Flamestos"] Really? I heard the Sony Santa Monica had helped in some areas of Killzone 2's development but not Insomniac.Flamestos

I never clicked the link andmissed that part of the post but I've seen before that Sony Santa Monica had helped out Guerilla. That's why I asked no harm no foul.

heh. no worries. i didnt check the link either. the TC must have added that part later

CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
I expect more than "fun" from a game with a dev cycle this long.
blehblahblep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blehblahblep
lol guerilla games=noobs
blehblahblep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blehblahblep
buy out us sony help us make a game that doesnt totally suck.
Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts
Judging from the quality of Resistance 2, this guy should be 'floored' by just about any game that isn't his...
blehblahblep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 blehblahblep

bungie=noobs none of these companys had to sell their company to micorosft or sony.

they just couldnt make any games worth a crap without their help.

blehblahblep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 blehblahblep
one company that made a mistake is painkiller developers named people can fly they sold their company to epicgames damn it....epicgames better let them make a new game someday...epic had people can fly port gears of wars onto pc.
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ogvampire

i used to think cliffy b was a pretty good/cooler mapped back in the unreal days....but epicgames has sold out on pc gamers and cliff has turned into a douchebag.

gears of war sucks the gameplay is crap damn winback/killswitch rip off without a jump terrible.

dont matter if gears of war sells millions the game sucks...but he doesnt mind money gotten to his head.

he need's to go back to mapping for unreal screw the whole gears of war series.

also i think it's proven by now epicgames cannot handle the unreal series without the help of digital extremes.

blehblahblep

blog it.

the last 3 posts you made have nothing to do with the thread. thanks

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
  • indeed awesome
  • fun
  • major props

Sounds great to me.

blehblahblep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 blehblahblep

umm huh

killzone2 has a chance of being good because sony does have some skilled devs that could help gg make a game not suck.

epicgames developed unreal championship 2 and ut3 by themselves without the help of digital extremes and both games i mean ut3 is alright...but uc2 sucked badly...but unreal really isnt unreal unless it's epicgames and canadian dev digital extremes both help make the game.

ut1999,ut2k3,ut2k4 DE helped.... hell de basically made ut2k3 then epicgames took over and ruined the feel of ut2k3 actually on ut2k4.