Can i trade in my broken xbox360 at gamestop for in store credit

This topic is locked from further discussion.

_mkw345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 _mkw345
Member since 2008 • 113 Posts
read topic
sebs09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 sebs09
Member since 2005 • 475 Posts
Yes you can. I did last year for $90, and I used the credit to get an Elite. Not sure how much you'd get for it today though.
_mkw345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 _mkw345
ighgt thx man as long as i get anything im happy
_mkw345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 _mkw345
ighgt thx man as long as i get anything im happy
Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts

Just don't let them know its broken.

They probobly won't test it anyway. Just be sure to never BUY games or systems at Gamestop for just this reason. I already mentioned ina nother post awhile back how I sold them my broken PSP and a game that wouldn't play.

summer_star17x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 summer_star17x
Member since 2007 • 2683 Posts
this is the exact reason why i never buy used systems. especially from EB.
Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

Well if we lived in a better world they would take your system and your information and then test the machine and once they've determined it's dead they will force you to return the money.

But if they don't do that then all the power to you for exploiting a massive flaw in the QA process.
EtherTwilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 EtherTwilight
Member since 2005 • 1142 Posts

Just don't let them know its broken.

They probobly won't test it anyway. Just be sure to never BUY games or systems at Gamestop for just this reason. I already mentioned ina nother post awhile back how I sold them my broken PSP and a game that wouldn't play.

Fredrick2003x

Just for clarification purposes, not every staff is like that. My staff checks every system that comes into the store, and 360s get the most thorough check. Every 360 gets checked for a minimum of fifteen minutes.

Games are a bit different, as it's honestly impossible to check every single game that comes into the store by popping it into a system and seeing if it loads, but the person accepting the trade-in does (at the very least should, anyway...) check the physical condition of the disc and can charge a refurbishment fee to fix the disc if they so deem fit. Do bad judgment calls occasionally get made? Sure. But honestly, less than 1% of the games I sell in my store come back defective.

If you're having this many problems at a GameStop, all you need to do is speak candidly with the store manager about it. If they're part of the problem or just don't want to help/listen, well, their district manager is just a phone call away...Seriously, my job is to make sure that every single person that comes into my store leaves satisfied. That's the job of every single associate in the company. I pretty much guarantee if you get a hold of a district manager then you'll see corrective action.

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

this is the exact reason why i never buy used systems. especially from EB.summer_star17x

yeah, esp used xbox360s. but at least if you buy from a big store and it is broken, you can take it back to them (within like 30days or something).

EtherTwilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 EtherTwilight
Member since 2005 • 1142 Posts

[QUOTE="summer_star17x"]this is the exact reason why i never buy used systems. especially from EB.Talldude80

yeah, esp used xbox360s. but at least if you buy from a big store and it is broken, you can take it back to them (within like 30days or something).

Everything at GameStop comes with a 30 day defective guarantee, so even if you do buy a used 360 and it's broken you can take it back to the store and get an exchange. Please feel free to ask the staff to test systems for you if you're hesitant about buying a used one! Every time I've been asked to do so I'm more than willing to hook up the system and throw in a game the customer is interested in getting if they're on the fence about buying it or want to make sure that what they're buying will work.

Do I have the time to do this every single time I sell a system? No. Would I make time if every single customer that bought a system wanted to see it tested? Yes.