Can I use my Xbox Live gamertag to play on Windows Live?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xRmRxfreakBOMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 xRmRxfreakBOMB
Member since 2007 • 621 Posts
I'm just about to get Gears of War for my PC and was wondering if you can use your XBL gamertag to play on Windows Live?
Avatar image for deactivated-5b5d7639964d6
deactivated-5b5d7639964d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-5b5d7639964d6
Member since 2008 • 8225 Posts

I'm just about to get Gears of War for my PC and was wondering if you can use your XBL gamertag to play on Windows Live?xRmRxfreakBOMB

Might as well buy it on the Xbox since barely anyone plays online, from what I've heard.

purple_MAN1832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 purple_MAN1832
Member since 2004 • 2125 Posts

He has it on the xbox.

Yes, I believe you can use your GT for Windows Live, at least thats from what I remember being told

xRmRxfreakBOMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xRmRxfreakBOMB

[QUOTE="xRmRxfreakBOMB"]I'm just about to get Gears of War for my PC and was wondering if you can use your XBL gamertag to play on Windows Live?ZuluEcho14

Might as well buy it on the Xbox since barely anyone plays online, from what I've heard.

From what I've heard, you can play against other people on Xbox, and you can make maps. If you looked at my gamertag which is my sig, you would've noticed that I already have it for the 360. I just wanna make maps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5d7639964d6
deactivated-5b5d7639964d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5b5d7639964d6
Member since 2008 • 8225 Posts
[QUOTE="ZuluEcho14"]

[QUOTE="xRmRxfreakBOMB"]I'm just about to get Gears of War for my PC and was wondering if you can use your XBL gamertag to play on Windows Live?xRmRxfreakBOMB

From what I've heard, you can play against other people on Xbox, and you can make maps. If you looked at my gamertag which is my sig, you would've noticed that I already have it for the 360. I just wanna make maps.

In that case is the GT really relevant for your purchase? Just buy it then.

xRmRxfreakBOMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xRmRxfreakBOMB
[QUOTE="xRmRxfreakBOMB"][QUOTE="ZuluEcho14"]

[QUOTE="xRmRxfreakBOMB"]I'm just about to get Gears of War for my PC and was wondering if you can use your XBL gamertag to play on Windows Live?ZuluEcho14

In that case is the GT really relevant for your purchase? Just buy it then.

kk sry for the confusion :P

captalchol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 captalchol
Member since 2006 • 643 Posts
To clarify from actual experience and not just what someone's heard. You can use your xbox live gamertag for windows live. They are basically interchangable. And no, you can't play against xbox players in gears with the PC version, sorry.