This topic is locked from further discussion.

Yceman757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Yceman757
Member since 2004 • 980 Posts
Is there a VGA cable that anyone might know of for the PS3? Im thinking about purchasing but I play on a computer monitor, so Im trying to figure out if there is a cable I can use instead of having to get a new monitor with HDMI.
Comzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Comzu
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Is there a VGA cable that anyone might know of for the PS3? Im thinking about purchasing but I play on a computer monitor, so Im trying to figure out if there is a cable I can use instead of having to get a new monitor with HDMI.Yceman757

There is, but why go with VGA thats analog connection go digital (DVI or HDMI). I too use a monitor to play PS3 on and I play in full 1080p using HDMI to DVI connection.

Comzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Comzu
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Oh my bad, I thought you were buying a monitor. What kind of monitor do you have? does it have a DVI connection and is it HDCP compliable ?
marz311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 marz311
Member since 2008 • 115 Posts
It's possible to get an hdmi to vga converter but it's fairly expensive and high probability it won't work. If you have a monitor that is hdcp compliant then hdmi to DVI might be a better way to go since it's going digital to digital(vga is an analog signal).
gestah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 gestah
Member since 2005 • 523 Posts
http://www.gameyeeeah.com/wii-ps3-vga-cable-p-746.htmlcheck here man
Yceman757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Yceman757
My monitor doesnt have DVI or HDCP so it looks like my least expensive option is to go with the cable on gameyeeeah.com. Just wanted to get by with what works at this point, I'll eventually get a new monitor that is HDMI compatible. Thanks for your help everyone. 8)
svenskamerikan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 svenskamerikan
Member since 2007 • 1408 Posts
Now you could buy one at Best Buy to make sure it works - then if it works and assuming it is a lot more than the one in the link return it and order one online.. just to be sure there won't be any issues :)
Yceman757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Yceman757
Now you could buy one at Best Buy to make sure it works - then if it works and assuming it is a lot more than the one in the link return it and order one online.. just to be sure there won't be any issues :)svenskamerikan
I didnt know they had them at Best Buy, I was there today! Lol, Im going to look into that because I think I looked there before and they didnt have anything. Just bought my PS3 today BTW. 8)
CSI24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 CSI24
Member since 2003 • 2049 Posts

[QUOTE="svenskamerikan"]Now you could buy one at Best Buy to make sure it works - then if it works and assuming it is a lot more than the one in the link return it and order one online.. just to be sure there won't be any issues :)Yceman757
I didnt know they had them at Best Buy, I was there today! Lol, Im going to look into that because I think I looked there before and they didnt have anything. Just bought my PS3 today BTW. 8)

Congrats on the purchase. You won't regret it one bit

svenskamerikan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 svenskamerikan
Member since 2007 • 1408 Posts

[QUOTE="svenskamerikan"]Now you could buy one at Best Buy to make sure it works - then if it works and assuming it is a lot more than the one in the link return it and order one online.. just to be sure there won't be any issues :)Yceman757

Well they might not - look at circuit city then. Same return policy and better selection on specialty cables IMHO

Lionhart_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 Lionhart_basic
Member since 2002 • 417 Posts
I recommend getting http://www.x2vga.com.
gameyeeeahteam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gameyeeeahteam
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
http://www.gameyeeeah.com/wii-ps3-vga-cable-p-746.htmlcheck here mangestah
um, that DID help. nice cable and nice site thanks
D4NZEL-709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 D4NZEL-709
Member since 2008 • 1053 Posts

[QUOTE="Yceman757"]Is there a VGA cable that anyone might know of for the PS3? Im thinking about purchasing but I play on a computer monitor, so Im trying to figure out if there is a cable I can use instead of having to get a new monitor with HDMI.Comzu

There is, but why go with VGA thats analog connection go digital (DVI or HDMI). I too use a monitor to play PS3 on and I play in full 1080p using HDMI to DVI connection.

Me too my reason is cause i heard it has better quality

D4NZEL-709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 D4NZEL-709
Member since 2008 • 1053 Posts

Not smart getting ur ps3 today the price cut is tommorow isn't it.

BamaBamf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BamaBamf
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Does anyone know if this will fix the gaming-lag associated with HDTV's? I'm considering buying the following product. http://www.amazon.com/Wii-PS3-VGA-HDTV-Cable-Nintendo/dp/B0015MISAG
BamaBamf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BamaBamf
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Does anyone know if this will fix the gaming-lag associated with HDTV's? I'm considering buying the following product. http://www.amazon.com/Wii-PS3-VGA-HDTV-Cable-Nintendo/dp/B0015MISAGBamaBamf
Input lag is what I should have said