While you wait for Simcity 5/Spore... Simcity Creator Wii Pics and Deatails! 56k

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

http://wii.ign.com/articles/877/877239p1.html

Sim City Creator keeps the basic look and concept of the Sim City series in place, but adds in some nifty Wiimote control options. You use the controller as a pointer to point and draw roads and train tracks, allowing you to more directly experience the feel of planning out a city.

Even ignoring the controls, EA is packing the title with new features. You can build a variety of facilities in your city, including such requirements as residential and shopping areas, stadiums, and police stations. When erecting these buildings, you're free to select a theme, changing the overall look of the construction. Options include India, China, and European, resulting in buildings that look like they were pulled from those regions. More elaborate sty1es include "near future," offering a futuristic concept, "crystal," where everything appears to be made out of crystals, and "sweets." We'll let you figure out that last one for yourself.

As you build you're town, you have the option of getting a sweeping overview like only a rich, corrupt mayor could: via helicopter. Taking a helicopter tour of your city allows you to get a look at your work in progress, and maybe even make some new discoveries.

In typical Sim City fashion, there's more to the game than just building your city. You'll also have to deal with disasters. Examples include meteor impacts, dinosaur attacks, alien invaders, and giant robot attack (remember, the game is debuting in a Japanese magazine).

Those who take to the art of city planning will have a new way of showing off their creations: Wi-Fi Connect! Using Nintendo's online service, you can make public the cities that you've created in the mission mode and get feedback and rankings from other players.

IGN

Posted by gutshot of GAF.

Cant wait :D

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
The buildings in the 3rd pic look weird. And you can be attacked by aliens?:shock: omg
cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts

The buildings in the 3rd pic look weird. And you can be attacked by aliens?:shock: omgm_machine024

you could in past Sim City games too.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

[QUOTE="m_machine024"]The buildings in the 3rd pic look weird. And you can be attacked by aliens?:shock: omgcobrax75

I know nothing about the series man. I just knew that you built cities. Never knew that there are aliens in the series.:P
Shafftehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shafftehr
Member since 2008 • 2889 Posts
They need to merge Sim City with Grand Theft Auto... Give the ability to whip down into third person mode at any time and get involved in organized crime in your city. Heck, even make a multiplayer mode out of it where you try and up the crime rate for the city maker :)
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Eponique
[QUOTE="cobrax75"]

[QUOTE="m_machine024"]The buildings in the 3rd pic look weird. And you can be attacked by aliens?:shock: omgm_machine024

I know nothing about the series man. I just knew that you built cities. Never knew that there are aliens in the series.:P

Which "Sim" game doesn't have aliens? :lol: You can raise Alien families in the Sims 2 :lol:

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Eponique

They need to merge Sim City with Grand Theft Auto... Give the ability to whip down into third person mode at any time and get involved in organized crime in your city. Heck, even make a multiplayer mode out of it where you try and up the crime rate for the city maker :)Shafftehr

Brilliant! You would be able to play over Wi-Fi, you be Nico, while the other guy tries to build the city, and you'd be sabotoging everything :lol:

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 mjarantilla
Member since 2002 • 15721 Posts
[QUOTE="cobrax75"]

[QUOTE="m_machine024"]The buildings in the 3rd pic look weird. And you can be attacked by aliens?:shock: omgm_machine024

That's just one of the disasters that can befall your city. You can also:

* suffer tornados, firestorms, floods, earthquakes, and volcanos

* suffer a meteor shower

* have a microwave power satellite malfunction and fry your city

* be attacked by a giant walking robot (shown above)

* be attacked by a flying saucer

Among others, I believe.

LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LibertySaint
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
so is is this for ds or psp, or mabe ps2? i didn't bother reading but looks like small images so mabe psp, nice psp images if so, not the best psp looking game but decent for that portable device.
Un_Ordinateur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Un_Ordinateur
Member since 2009 • 296 Posts

[QUOTE="cobrax75"]

And Llamas. Lots and lots of Llamas.

SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
Way to bump...and you got my hopes up, I thought Eponique returned :(
Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

They could've tried to upgrade the graphics?

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I still play Simcity 4 to this day. A fantastic series.Now if they would hurry up and make Simcity 5.

Enjoy sheep.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts

I still play Simcity 4 to this day. A fantastic series.Now if they would hurry up and make Simcity 5.

Enjoy sheep.

heretrix
errr did you notice the date of the thread?
hy4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hy4k
Member since 2009 • 1790 Posts
even for an ea game on wii that looks terrible
crazy-player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 crazy-player
Member since 2005 • 2909 Posts
That looks horrible, If I haven't read the title I would have thought it was a PS2 game.
Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

That looks horrible, If I haven't read the title I would have thought it was a PS2 game.crazy-player

Man, the Ps2 has better graphics then those pics.. Don't hate brah.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

You're better off playing Sim City 4. I've been playing it recently, actually. I do hope they make a 5 though.

I thought about getting the DS version, but they just reused the graphics from Sim City 2000 so I decided to pass on it.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

Enjoy sheep.

Giancar

errr did you notice the date of the thread?

Lol. Goes to show you how much attention I pay to Wii games.