Should I buy PS3?!?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Freezingacid06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Freezingacid06
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I have an Xbox 360 currently and have been looking into buying a playstation 3. Would like any input from those that already own a ps3 as to why I should or should not get one; including game choices, online playability versus xbox live, bluray, etc... I am particularly interested in the ps3's online capabilities, especially what the online community is like for games such as call of duty 4. Do a decent number of players play online as with xbox live, or is sony still trailing in this regard? Any help or advice is much appreciated!
kratos-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 kratos-7
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts

I'll try to answer those questions

1) there are plenty of games on the PS3 contray to popular belief, i myself would recommend COD4, Warhawk, Uncharted, UT3

2)The PSN may not be as good as Xbox live but it is steadily improving and soon enough it should surpass Xbox live with the introduction of home, There are loads of exclusive downloads also.

3) You may find that the PS3 online has a more mature crowd. As of this moment they are plenty of players playing online on PS3, maybe not as much as on Xbox but as soon as 2008 hits you will probably see an increase in the amount of people online.

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

How many of these 'should I get a ps3' forums are there!? :roll:

Anyway, if you like the games get it. I personally think both consoles are great bvut the ps3 has more functionality and for me more good games. The graphics are also better. And there is not point saying graphics dont matter because we all know they do.

vicsrealms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 vicsrealms
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

Right now, I would say wait till there are more games you are interested in. I don't have a single PS3 game right now, although I am looking to rent a couple games this christmas (Unchartered and Heavenly Sword). Still, I am waiting for games like GTA4, Metal Gear Solid, and the Final Fantasy games. I picked one up because I wanted the 60GB with the emotion chip so I could play my old games if my other systems decided to die. The blue ray player is great, and makes it well worth the purchase. Still, 3+ months for games I'm interested in kinda sucks.

I don't know about the PS3 version of CoD4, but the PC version was definetly a must buy in my book. I would probably pick up Assassins Creed for the PS3, but I am waiting for it to hit the PC.

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts

1) there are plenty of games on the PS3 contray to popular belief, i myself would recommend COD4, Warhawk, Uncharted, UT3

2)The PSN may not be as good as Xbox live but it is steadily improving and soon enough it should surpass Xbox live with the introduction of home, There are loads of exclusive downloads also.

3) You may find that the PS3 online has a more mature crowd. As of this moment they are plenty of players playing online on PS3, maybe not as much as on Xbox but as soon as 2008 hits you will probably see an increase in the amount of people online.

kratos-7

3Major Points: No RROD (Red Ring of Death); Free Online; Better Graphics. I don't know that I agree with the more mature online crowd though... if this could be measured, and were found to be true, it will certainly not be true for long as more PS3 owners pop up, many of whom will certainly be obnoxious.

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts

To be perfectly honest, I'd put serious thought to buying all the systems. Every console has positives.

D-squared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 D-squared
Member since 2006 • 301 Posts
i completely agreed with kratos 7, the online is steadily improving and home should put it on top. their are many online playerson PSN especially on COD4. i havent tried UT3 yet so cant comment on the players on that one. its completely up to you to buy one or not. i own both a 360 and a ps3, and currently play both probably equally. maybe the 360 a little more because i have more games on it. but i do feel that my ps3 games have more to them than my 360 ones do. for example resistance was a launch title andwas put together so well and has amazing online play. if you do decide to get a ps3 you should definitely buy RFOM.
Paul_TheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Paul_TheGreat
Member since 2004 • 9085 Posts
Yeah! Go get one now.
Avatar image for 218409372945592235589581321688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 218409372945592235589581321688
Member since 2007 • 618 Posts

Many of your questions were answered well by kratos. I really enjoy playing on the ps3 and find the network so far is great. It is not as uniform across all games as xbox live, which is what I have been hearing a lot of the complaints come from cuz the online experience can vary between games. However with home coming it looks like that might be better and with games like cod4 it is great (a large, mature community that is interested in having fun).

I would say get one, cuz I have had a great experience with PS3, but it comes down to games. If there is a game you want now on the ps3 get it now (unchartered, ut3, ratchet, warhark all great and out now). If none of thos are games you really want, but there is a game in the future you want (haze, white knight story, ffxiii, mgs4, killzone 2, little big planet) wait a few months until the game you want is out, maybe you will save a little money.

defjam360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 defjam360
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts
im thinking of getin one@T the end of the ye@rbut i w@nt to know th@tc@n we pl@y online on @ 256k bro@db@nd properly
Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bow-T_88
Member since 2007 • 1544 Posts

kratos-7

i'm NOTTT into online 'gaming' but last night i decided to play resistance online and i didnt hear anyone yellin at each other using vulgar language ( which i dont mind) or game head terms ( which i hate) .

Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bow-T_88
Member since 2007 • 1544 Posts
[QUOTE="kratos-7"]

dsmccracken

3Major Points: No RROD (Red Ring of Death); Free Online; Better Graphics. I don't know that I agree with the more mature online crowd though... if this could be measured, and were found to be true, it will certainly not be true for long as more PS3 owners pop up, many of whom will certainly be obnoxious.

speaking about graphics..one quick question, not intending to stray from the topic but.. does the graphics on rainbow six vegas ( ps3 version ofcourse) as bad as they say it is? some people r like ' ITS HORRIBLE COMPARED TO 360' .. i'm all about graphics cuz it justifies the 499 i paid for my ps3

i plan on getting ratchet & clank : tools of destruction , fifa 2008, and either call of duty 4 or rainbow six vegas..but if the graphics on rainbow six is kool, then i'll get that