Wait.. Is COD 4 Good or Not Good?!? Im confused

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MikeCOD80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MikeCOD80
Member since 2007 • 181 Posts
On one side all the previews and hands on impressions i have read state that the game is simply amazing and will be the most amazing game this year and on the other side Hermits are saying the game is extremely disappointing and not worth the hype at all?! I personally was in the multiplayer beta and loved every minute of it but i havent played the single player demo so which is it.. is this game just average and disappointing like the hermits say or is it amazing like the hands on previews claim it is?!
-D3MO-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 -D3MO-
Member since 2007 • 2622 Posts

AAA (9.5)

Its Solid...

some lemmings started disagreeing today because some reporter said PS3 version is better...that's when I saw a bunch of posts saying COD4 sucks.

The game will be solid...The BETA was amazing imo

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts

On one side all the previews and hands on impressions i have read state that the game is simply amazing and will be the most amazing game this year and on the other side Hermits are saying the game is extremely disappointing and not worth the hype at all?! I personally was in the multiplayer beta and loved every minute of it but i havent played the single player demo so which is it.. is this game just average and disappointing like the hermits say or is it amazing like the hands on previews claim it is?!MikeCOD80

the multiplayer is good...the singleplayer is nothing special.

MikeCOD80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MikeCOD80
Member since 2007 • 181 Posts

AAA (9.5)

Its Solid...

some lemmings started disagreeing today because some reporter said PS3 version is better...that's when I saw a bunch of posts saying COD4 sucks.

-D3MO-

I own a PS3 and 360 and I personally will be buying it for the 360 because of the community and acheivements. I just heard all the hermits saying this game was very dissapointing after the demo so i got confused.. I didnt know lemmings where bashing it as well

-D3MO-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -D3MO-

[QUOTE="MikeCOD80"]On one side all the previews and hands on impressions i have read state that the game is simply amazing and will be the most amazing game this year and on the other side Hermits are saying the game is extremely disappointing and not worth the hype at all?! I personally was in the multiplayer beta and loved every minute of it but i havent played the single player demo so which is it.. is this game just average and disappointing like the hermits say or is it amazing like the hands on previews claim it is?!cobrax25

have u played sp?

XD88FDB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XD88FDB
Member since 2007 • 652 Posts

AAA (9.5)

Its Solid...

-D3MO-

WTF?

Lemmings...

the game is also on your console aswell....... Duh... :roll:

It'll prolly end up looking better on the 360 anyway vs the Ps3 version.

Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

Demo felt a bit.... of to me. Maybe im just used to cod being in ww2, but i think i prefer cod2 singleplayer over cod 4's. But im getting it for multiplayer soooo

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cobrax25
[QUOTE="cobrax25"]

[QUOTE="MikeCOD80"]On one side all the previews and hands on impressions i have read state that the game is simply amazing and will be the most amazing game this year and on the other side Hermits are saying the game is extremely disappointing and not worth the hype at all?! I personally was in the multiplayer beta and loved every minute of it but i havent played the single player demo so which is it.. is this game just average and disappointing like the hermits say or is it amazing like the hands on previews claim it is?!-D3MO-

have u played sp?

Ive played the demo...its bassiclly just COD2, but sped up 5 times...which makes you feel like your fighting a mob instead of an actual army...and the enemy AI is absolutly dumb...all they bassiclly do it run towards you shooting and yelling....and to make matters worse...all the scripted sequences were pretty uninspiring...bassiclly just a new bunch of enemies running at you everytime you trigger something. Its not even like COD2...where the enemy will occasionally do ambushes and the like....

I really hope it was the level itself that was bad...because if the entire game is like that...Im buying it just for the multiplayer.

Spartan_024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Spartan_024
Member since 2003 • 2601 Posts
Why don't you decide for yourself since you actually played the demo? You don't seriously need to actually consider the input of Hermits to decide for for yourself, do you?
-D3MO-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -D3MO-
[QUOTE="-D3MO-"]

AAA (9.5)

Its Solid...

XD88FDB

WTF?

Lemmings...

the game is also on your console aswell....... Duh... :roll:

It'll prolly end up looking better on the 360 anyway vs the Ps3 version.

I own all 3 + PC so it'll be coming out on 3/4 of my consoles....

Also did u see that ginormous thread were lemmings went crazy over some reporting saying PS3 version > 360 version?

-D3MO-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -D3MO-
[QUOTE="-D3MO-"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]

[QUOTE="MikeCOD80"]On one side all the previews and hands on impressions i have read state that the game is simply amazing and will be the most amazing game this year and on the other side Hermits are saying the game is extremely disappointing and not worth the hype at all?! I personally was in the multiplayer beta and loved every minute of it but i havent played the single player demo so which is it.. is this game just average and disappointing like the hermits say or is it amazing like the hands on previews claim it is?!cobrax25

have u played sp?

Ive played the demo...its bassiclly just COD2, but sped up 5 times...which makes you feel like your fighting a mob instead of an actual army...and the enemy AI is absolutly dumb...all they bassiclly do it run towards you shooting and yelling....and to make matters worse...all the scripted sequences were pretty uninspiring...bassiclly just a new bunch of enemies running at you everytime you trigger something. Its not even like COD2...where the enemy will occasionally do ambushes and the like....

I really hope it was the level itself that was bad...because if the entire game is like that...Im buying it just for the multiplayer.

Was that the PC demo?

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cobrax25
[QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="-D3MO-"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]

[QUOTE="MikeCOD80"]On one side all the previews and hands on impressions i have read state that the game is simply amazing and will be the most amazing game this year and on the other side Hermits are saying the game is extremely disappointing and not worth the hype at all?! I personally was in the multiplayer beta and loved every minute of it but i havent played the single player demo so which is it.. is this game just average and disappointing like the hermits say or is it amazing like the hands on previews claim it is?!-D3MO-

have u played sp?

Was that the PC demo?

yes...and the only reddemming parts of it were the graphics, good performence, the "RPG" effect, and the fact that there were many diffferent weapons.

Avatar image for AlternatingCaps
AlternatingCaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 AlternatingCaps
Member since 2007 • 1714 Posts

CoD4 beta and demo are awesome. Wish the beta was still going on, even if it was on the console

I encourage everyone who can to get it on the PC. You'll get free online, a more active community, user-created content, and best of all mouse and keyboard controls. So you don't get your achievements, the PC is and will always be where it's at.

i-lick-monkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 i-lick-monkeys
Member since 2007 • 2971 Posts
its good
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cobrax25
oh, and this was deffinelty what I hated most about demo...was the material pentration, it makes cover pointless...both for the enemy AI, and for you. There are so much bullets flying in the last section of the demo...that no matter what you take cover behind...you will be struck by stray gunfire all the time...
Spartan_024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Spartan_024
Member since 2003 • 2601 Posts
oh, and this was deffinelty what I hated most about demo...was the material pentration, it makes cover pointless...both for the enemy AI, and for you. There are so much bullets flying in the last section of the demo...that no matter what you take cover behind...you will be struck by stray gunfire all the time...cobrax25
I wouldn't mind if the bullets are rifle caliber or higher (50 cal). But even the 9 mm bullets of an MP5 can penetrate a brick wall from far away and kill you...yeah. Deep impact is a perk that can really be annoying. As I said, it is okay if the perk only applies to high caliber rifles and machine guns. But even a pistol round can go through.....aaargggh
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

If it doesnt get 9.0+ then somethings wrong.The games completely amazing in every aspect.

EDIT:e_e Multiplayer anyways.

user_nat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 user_nat
Member since 2006 • 3130 Posts
Hmm the demo was pretty good, but like 8.5 good.
Nonam3gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 Nonam3gamer
Member since 2005 • 880 Posts
Hermits think it's nothing special because the demo of the single player really isn't anything special. It's still going to be good (id rate it 8.5-9.0) but compared to the near-perfect multiplayer beta that Lemmings got to play and rave about, the single player doesn't stand up to it.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cobrax25

[QUOTE="cobrax25"]oh, and this was deffinelty what I hated most about demo...was the material pentration, it makes cover pointless...both for the enemy AI, and for you. There are so much bullets flying in the last section of the demo...that no matter what you take cover behind...you will be struck by stray gunfire all the time...Spartan_024
I wouldn't mind if the bullets are rifle caliber or higher (50 cal). But even the 9 mm bullets of an MP5 can penetrate a brick wall from far away and kill you...yeah. Deep impact is a perk that can really be annoying. As I said, it is okay if the perk only applies to high caliber rifles and machine guns. But even a pistol round can go through.....aaargggh

I havent had enought experience with the multiplayer to see how it works their...but in the singleplayer, it bassiclly makes it more effective to just run and gun and not use cover alltogether...because the AI will shoot at you even if there is something between you and them...luckily their attension span is to short, and they will fire only a few rounds through the wall before changing targets...but on a harder difficulty where you die in a few shots....well you get the idea.

Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts

oh, and this was deffinelty what I hated most about demo...was the material pentration, it makes cover pointless...both for the enemy AI, and for you. There are so much bullets flying in the last section of the demo...that no matter what you take cover behind...you will be struck by stray gunfire all the time...cobrax25

That definitely needs to be fixed. Infinity Ward said the bullet penetration would be completely physics-based and be dependent on the angle of the shot, the type of bullet, the velocity, how close you are, what type of material you're shooting at, etc... The bullet penetration as it is now is either a glitch, will only fully appear in the retail version, or they flat-out lied. It's gonna screw up multiplayer if they don't fix it.

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cobrax25

[QUOTE="cobrax25"]oh, and this was deffinelty what I hated most about demo...was the material pentration, it makes cover pointless...both for the enemy AI, and for you. There are so much bullets flying in the last section of the demo...that no matter what you take cover behind...you will be struck by stray gunfire all the time...Zeliard9

That definitely needs to be fixed. Infinity Ward said the bullet penetration would be completely physics-based and be dependent on the angle of the shot, the type of bullet, the velocity, how close you are, what type of material you're shooting at, etc... The bullet penetration as it is now is either a glitch, will only fully appear in the retail version, or they flat-out lied. It's gonna screw up multiplayer if they don't fix it.

its deffinetly not physics based...no matter the angle...the bullet still penatrates...and I have a huge suspician that the strenghth doesnt decrease either.

G10mgs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 G10mgs4
Member since 2007 • 1490 Posts

the only reason people are hateing on cod4 no is because a reporter reported that the ps3 version looked superior, to the 360 version, there for some people who own 360, are on damage, and they hate cod4 now.

at first every one was like WOOOOOOWWW COD4 WILL BE GOTY, now when this new news came out, its turned into medicore, trash, by lemmings terms, like i always say if they just......

things wouldnt be so hard

mattyomo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mattyomo99
Member since 2005 • 3915 Posts
because hermits are graphics whores and complained about the textures on the wall ina demo, it will be good... dont worry
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#25 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
I thought the multiplayer kind of sucked... single player looks pretty interesting, though. I mean the Call of Duty series is good, but not THAT good. I'll give it a rental, finish the campaign, and pass on the multiplayer for better games (TF2, Gears, PGR4, etc)
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cobrax25

because hermits are graphics whores and complained about the textures on the wall ina demo, it will be good... dont worrymattyomo99

it doesnt have anything to with graphics...it was the gameplay that was dissopointing.