lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 lewuz
Member since 2004 • 1237 Posts

I just made a blog post and a news under our union's news section about new Medal of Honor with modern setting.

Whats your thoughts?

Payasoplas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#2 Payasoplas
Member since 2003 • 466 Posts

Medal Of Honor "Modern Warfare"

PROS:

- Could Be considereda fresh idea for a series that needs a renewal.

- DICE will contribute in the development, so the final product could be great.

CONS:

- Games that have already been released as Shadow Ops Red Mercury (a 2004 game developed by Zombie and Published by Atari) could be considered as an early version of this modern Medal Of Honor and of CoD too...

- Considering the last and the fact taht DICE will be involved, Battlefield Bad Company games could be considered early versions of this.

- I'm a big fan of moder war FPS games, but let's face it, there are too many games of this kind.

Anyway i'll be buying this, sure will be a fun game, I was thinking about a Brothers In Arms with modern setting, and tought About similar problems, such as Rainbow Six Vegas could be considered as an early version of BiA Modern Warfare, but R6V lacks of the dramatism of BiA.

lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lewuz

Oh I loved Shadow Ops Red Mercury...

Years ago I played Close Combat: First to Fight. It was modern setting with team leading to. And fantastic SWAT 4... And Ghost Recons...There are modern team based shooters. :)

Payasoplas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Payasoplas

Shadow Ops was a great but very underrated game, i remember a reviewer for EGM in spanish said it was the worst FPS after Terminator 3, obviously the game is not perfect, but when i first played it the first think i tought was that if sometime they made a Medal of Honor or Call of Duty game in modern setting would be very similar to Shadow Ops.

Close combat first to fight was great too! i own it and still play it, it had a great online coop mode, the only thing i dodn't like it was the voice acting it was awful, and also when you healed a marine, sometimes they said things "thanks for taking care of me..." with a very sweet tone of voice, that was hylarious.

lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lewuz

"Shadow Ops was a great but very underrated game." - I agree completely. It's one of very few games I've played through twice.

I have to play Close combat first to fight again sometime. I made a review about it when it was released but now I remeber nothing about it. :S

You are from Spain? Spain's Pendulo Studios just released Runaway 3. If I get all trilogy I plan to play those one day. :)

Payasoplas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Payasoplas
No, i'm not form Spain, I'm from Mexico, but i have heavy spanish blood.
m1rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 m1rock
Member since 2006 • 324 Posts

I think the idea kinda sucks to be honest.   I think they are just trying to copy Call of Duty.   I liked Medal of Honor not just becuase it took place during WWII but also becuase of the sometimes interlaping storylines.  I think if they wanted to do a Modern Warfare game fine, but don't call it Medal of Honor call it something else.

lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lewuz
i don't like eather that it's uses MOH name, i wrote a news to our union site about that too. and to my blog.