m1rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 m1rock
Member since 2006 • 324 Posts
Just wanted to say hello to everyone becuase I didnt see in introduction post.. Anyways looking forward to being in this union, becuase im an avid WWII gamer plus, this seems to be the only active one around. anyways, here is my current collection of WWII titles which I like to play online and off.

PC: Call of Duty, Call of Duty: United Offensive, Call of Duty 2, Medal of Honor: Allied Assult, MOH Spearhead. MOH Breakthrough, MOH Pacific Assult, Battlefeild 1942, BF1942 Road to Rome, BF1942 Secret Weapons, BF1942 Forgotten Hope mod, Hidden and Dangerouse 2, Return To Castle Wolfenstien, RTCW:Enemy Territory, Day of Defeat, WWII Online, Tiger Hunt, Red Orchastra, Deadly Dozen 2: Pacific Theater, Panzer General 3D Assult, WWII Tank Attack, Elite Forces: Iwo Jima, Elite Forces: Normandy, Elite Forces: Desert Rats, Close Combat: Battle of the Buldge, Combat Mission: Beyond Overloard, G.I. Combat: Battle for Normandy, Blitzkreig, Axis and Allies, Faces of War, Talonsofts's Rising Sun, Combat Flight Simulator 3, Pacific Fighter, IL2:Sturmovik, B17: Flying Fortress, Pearl Harbor: Zero Hour, Silent Hunter, Steel Tide, Empires: Dawn of the Modren World, Battle of Britian, First Battalion, and Company of Heros

Ps2: Heros of the Pacific, Call of Duty: Finest Hour, Call of Duty 2: Big Red One, Medal of Honor (psone) Medal of Honor Underground (psone), Medal of Honor: Rising Sun, Medal of Honor: Front line, Medal of Honor: European Assult, Airborne Troops: Countdown to D-day, Brothers in Arms: Road to Hil 30, Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood.

The only 2 online tags I use are Sgt.Woodstock, or m1rock

My Class I most often Play as is a Riflemen/ Engineer. Im also pretty handy with heavy weapons and armor.

My Favorte online weapons to use are by side are:

USA: m1 carbine m1grande
Russian. PPsh
British: Lee-Enfield
Japanese: Arisaka
Italian: Carcano Rifle
German: MG 42, k98

Anyways, nice to meet all of you. If you have any questions about me just ask. Hope to talk often with you guys.

-
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lewuz
Member since 2004 • 1237 Posts
welcome! nice to have you here. ps: what a collection you have :P. but you don't own any commandos game? those are strategys, last one Commandos Strike Force is FPS.
m1rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 m1rock
I never really tried the commandos series.  Ive always thought the control sceam would be to odd.   mybe I should try it sometime.   I mostly like FPS's and RTS's.   although some sims are alot of fun. (they always seem to have the best damage models).   Whats your list consist of?
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lewuz
u should play commandos series. commandos was first game i bought! commandos independent expansion pack was one of firsts game i finished. 2 and 3 are on my "to do" list. i haven't got time to try those but i believe they're good. i don't collect game to be honest. but i publish my list of WWII shooter what is finished by me: Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Medal of Honor: Allied Assault: Spearhead - expansion pack Medal of Honor: Allied Assault: Breakthrough - expansion pack Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault Call of Duty Call of Duty: United Offensive - expansion pack Call of Duty 2 Brothers in Arms: Road To Hill 30 Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood Return To Castle Wolfenstein Commandos Strike Force ÃœberSoldier Mortyr 2093-1944 Mortyr 2: For Ever Deadly Dozen Deadly Dozen 2: Pacific Theater Hidden & Dangerous 2 Hidden And Dangerous 2: Sabre Squadron - expansion pack Elite Forces: WWII Iwo Jima Elite Forces: WWII Normandy WWII Combat: Road to Berlin WWII Combat: Iwo Jima Beyond Normandy - Assignment: Berlin World War II Sniper: Call To Victory actually i don't know more FPSes with single player campaign either. :P
m1rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 m1rock
Does the Comandos series paly anything like faces of war?   I just got WWII combat Iwo Jima.  (you dont even have to pay for it if you know ur way around the internet which is good because the single player is atrociouse)   But it does have what I do belive to have a fairly redeming multiplayer game.   Its just to bad there are no dedicated servers and a small playerbase.  I was almost half way thinging about renting a server for it, so that it developse some what of a player base.  there just arnt enough multiplayer WWII games out there that take place in the pacific.   
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lewuz
man, WWII Combat: Iwo Jima is trash. Let it rest in peace. i havem't got chance to install faces of war yet. but i think that FoW is typical rts, in commandos u have only some guys (ex 4). each have special abilities and they are not allowed to die. u were given objectives in every mission. great sneaking!
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lewuz
forgot.... commandos is like desperados: wanted dead or alive. and i guess there were one robin hood with same gameplay (commandos series is developed bt pyro, desperados series and robin hood aso by spellbound)
PaverPopPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 PaverPopPC
Member since 2006 • 565 Posts

Hey I might as well add my two cents. These are all the World War II games I have played.

Call of Duty

Call of Duty: UO

Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30

Call of Duty 2

Silent Storm

Company of Heroes

Medal of Honor Pacific Assault (Never got to play but want to)

Red Baron

Day of Defeat Source

Here you go, I think this is all

lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lewuz
PaverPopPC, "Red Baron" is WW 1 flight sim. The whole series is in first world war, just like recent "Flyboys". ;)
PaverPopPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 PaverPopPC
Member since 2006 • 565 Posts
Yeah, my bad just thought I should throw that out there. It is a good game, but unfortunately not WWII or a shooter.
m1rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 m1rock
Welll Faces of war is a little different from your average RTS in that you can either play like your standard RTS or you can selcet one of your units and play it almost like a 3/4 top down action game. (kinda like how you control Sarge in the Original army men)    Its kinda tricky to get used to and I havnt totally mastard it yet but its fun.  And also there is a campaign to play as the Germans which I havnt really seen in a scripted game since First Battaion.    
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lewuz
i have to try Faces of War, Company of Heroes and Commandos 2 and 3. and i have to get some old PC, where i could play commandos 1. Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines is hard for me. :S i'm stuck in the middle somewhere. haven't played it years for now. :(
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lewuz
Commandos 1 Expansion wasn't so hard. it was the commandos exp demo where i got to know Commandos first. After that i got somewhere, don't remember exactly, the full 8 mission version. played it through and years later i saw "sold out series" "Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines". Bought my first game then. :) But i still haven't got through it. :( I don't know about 2 and 3, but Strike Force was ok. Liked the first Norway level a lot.