Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

#1 Sgt5thboard
Member since 2005 • 282 Posts
well,here's the thing..
I installed my Call Of Duty because of a lot of people's recomendations.However,every time I want to play it..it always goes:

Wrong CD-Rom
Please locate the right CD-ROM ,then restart apllication.

Help me!!!I'm dying to play this game.:cry:
Wren28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Wren28
Member since 2005 • 27811 Posts
Ok, silly question here, but you are putting disc one in to play, aren't you? If so, I'm not sure what to tell you:(.
hockeyboy04343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 hockeyboy04343
Member since 2005 • 1462 Posts
yeah try using disk 1, if it doesnt work maybe your CD-ROM drive isn't working right and can't pick up your disk or something is up with your disk, like it could be scratched or something and it cant be read, but i dunno really
lewuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 lewuz
Member since 2004 • 1237 Posts
topic is old but... no offence but are u using original game? if u use pirated copy then it won't start after install. that's the point of copy protection. my opinion about copy protections is actually bad. it's annoying always insert game disc, then wait till optical device start reading it, then wait copy protection check... it takes too much time and still pirates can crack codes.so whats the point? also CD key take pointlessly time but are easyly cracked as i understood. and then here are StarForce. This is worst kind of "protection"! It starts to install rootkits and may mess up operation system. Damn i hate this russian trash! another used way is internet authentication. it's better but here are again problems. what if i don't have internet? what is my link or their servers is down (or busy). and i never know what information they took on my PC. i basicly just have to trust 'em. it's time to revolution the copy protection system. to be true i can't figure out how right now but anything that slows down installation and game starting is not acceptable.