Platyphyllum's Favourite Video Game Quotes!

Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 Platyphyllum
Member since 2005 • 8105 Posts
Hello! I decided to try my hand at the quote thing and I decided to make a list of my favourite quotes from video games and talk to you about what I think about them and other things about it! Also, there might be certain spoilers when I talk about the quotes so BEWARE!

"Who do you fight when you don't know what you're fighting for?" - Shadow the Hedgehog

I myself can relate to this quite a bit...especially in boards such as System Wars (I like going there, it's fun :P). Usually there's an argument between Nintendo video game systems and Sony video game systems and I usually like them both so I myself don't know who to argue with :P but I usually ignore threads like those anyways.

It also relates quite a bit to conflicts, such as arguments. Sometimes it's an argument between your friends and you don't know who you should agree with, or other conflicts. You should be able to think of some!

Well, the quote is there because in the Game "Shadow the Hedgehog", you play as (you guessed it) Shadow the Hedgehog ( *gasp* ) and he has a choice whether to side with Sonic and his friends (as a hero path) to destroy a certain evil, or you can side with evil and have a chance to get back Shadow's memories which he REALLY, REALLY wants to get back. Of course, this leads to certain decisions which Shadow really can't decide who he's fighting for and it's up to you, the player, to choose!

I also find that this certain quote can be applied to other games. I found a good example in the game "Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All" in the last case but if I talked about it too much then that would be revealing spoilers for the game.

"..." - Golgo 13

This quote comes from the game on the NES (I think). You play as some secret agent called Golgo 13, and the only way he can communicate is through the phrase "..."

Well, I myself can relate to that quote. In fact, I myself use it sometimes when I can't figure out what I'm going to say next.

"The truth will find a way to make itself known" - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All

This in my opinion, is a very good quote!

Anyways, the prosecutor called "Miles Edgeworth" in the game Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All was the one who said this! It actually taught me a bit something in court! If your job is a defense attorney/prosecutor, what you should be doing is trying to expose the truth, not make some sort of personal battle against your opponent by trying to get a "not guilty" verdict even though you know your client is guilty.

This also can apply a lot to lies. Usually if you make a lie, it eventually gets found out (not everytime but usually). It also happens to me a bit. When I try to hide something or I lied, my parents usually always find some kind of way to reveal the truth, much to my dismay :( but I guess that's how things work, and I guess it's a good thing that it works that way because if every single lie was kept hidden, then innocent people would be blamed for a lot of stuff.
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Platyphyllum
(reserved in case if I can't fit everything into one post)
OddballTECH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#3 OddballTECH
Member since 2005 • 7905 Posts

One of my favorite video game quotes is from Resident Evil 4:

Salazar: "I'm sending my right hand to take care of you!"

Leon: "Your right hand comes off?"

irmeleeman5995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 irmeleeman5995
Member since 2005 • 2484 Posts
:lol: I should post some of mine here. One of my favorites is from MGS 1 Snake: What the hell?! :P
Orasion_Seiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#5 Orasion_Seiz
Member since 2004 • 6594 Posts
I remember that quote of Shadow, it reminds me when i was young.

One of my favorite game quotes came from Killer7:

"Goodnight Child, It's Past your bedtime." - harman smith

irmeleeman5995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 irmeleeman5995
Member since 2005 • 2484 Posts
From Ultimate Spiderman "I have officially run out of ways to say..ow."
kamauldi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 kamauldi
Member since 2006 • 1863 Posts
How about The Great Mighty Poo song from CBFD (Conker's Bad Fur Day).  They did a great job trying to put it all together.
Sparky-05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Sparky-05
Member since 2006 • 2015 Posts
My favorite video great quote is from the opening scene of Medal of Honour: Frontline.

Its more of a poem:

And when he gets to Heaven
To Saint Peter he will tell
One more solider reporting sir
I've served my time in hell
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Platyphyllum
You guys have some pretty cool favourite video game quotes too! BTW how come this thread got stickied?
FreyarHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 FreyarHunter
Member since 2003 • 2098 Posts
"You spoony bard!"
CommanderSaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 CommanderSaper
Member since 2006 • 28 Posts
Republic Commando had some great ones.

Scorch: Was it red-red-green or red-green-red?
Sev: And he's supposed to be the demolitions expert?

Sev: A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead."

Scorch: Man, this place gives me the creeps.
Sev: Ah, Scorch... Nothing better than a jungle hunt. Hiding in the bush, putting a plasma bolt through a hostile's cranium...
[sighs wistfully]
Sev: Makes me feel alive.
Scorch: Okay, now Oh-Seven's giving me the creeps.

Scorch: If we're all clones, why am I the only one with a sense of humor?

hmm, I don't know why they turned out like that... just highlight them.

Avatar image for HyperMetaDragon
HyperMetaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 HyperMetaDragon
Member since 2006 • 5345 Posts
I'm going to un-stick this topic. I don't see any real reason why it needs to be stickied.