Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 Platyphyllum
Member since 2005 • 8105 Posts
Hello everyone! I have decided, I'm going to make a story! It's going to be called Elemental Locks! If you know the game "Tales of Symphonia", I based my story a bit on that game except I added my own twists to it! I've already made a plot for it but I haven't really started the actualy story yet. Here's the plot:

There exists a dimension, an alternate reality to our so called "Earth". That dimension is called "Aquas". Each of these dimension relies on two things to keep it prosperous, and those are "life" and "hope". At a time, only one dimension can be prosperous with those two things while the other dimension has the opposite which is "death" and "despair". Every time a dimension falls into the hands of death and despair, a person known as the Destined One will rise up to the evil and destroy it by reviving each of the elements of the dimension which ends up bringing back life and hope to the world...however, as a result, the other dimension will fall into the hands of death and despair. The beings of each of the dimensions do not know that the other exists thus bringing each dimension into conflict since they each do not know what they are causing for each other.....

The Earth has been falling into the clutches of death and despair for over 200 years, but just recently, the Destined One has managed to defeat the evil and has brought back life and hope. The decline of Aquas is just beginning...

(
scroll down if you want to see the first chapter)
irmeleeman5995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 irmeleeman5995
Member since 2005 • 2484 Posts
That sounds awesome. Who is the Destined One....o_O
Sparky-05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Sparky-05
Member since 2006 • 2015 Posts
That sounds awesome. Who is the Destined One....o_Oirmeleeman5995

Duh, it is clearly Phoenix Wright. :P. Seriously, sounds like a good story. I have to say that my favorite part is the title, it sounds so ... great. I can't wait to see it.
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Platyphyllum
That sounds awesome. Who is the Destined One....o_Oirmeleeman5995

I'll show you who she is once I've actually started with the story.
Sparky-05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sparky-05
[QUOTE="irmeleeman5995"]That sounds awesome. Who is the Destined One....o_OPlatyphyllum

O O she. .. I sense another Samus story ... Jokes ... When you plan on starting?
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Platyphyllum
Alright, here's the first chapter of my story!:

Chapter 1: The Introduction

In the land of Aquas, a young woman has walked through treacherous deserts and high mountains. She is a wanderer, roaming the lands in search of adventure.

While walking through the fields, she manages to spot a city far off to the north. She has been walking around for the entire day so she decides to go to the city's inn to rest. She runs swiftly towards it since she knows if she arrives too late then the city gates will be closed and she will have no chance to get in until morning.

She eventually gets there just before the guards close the gate, she gets into the city while panting and she steps onto the concrete ground, dirtying it with the mud and soil that has stained her shoes throughout her adventures.

"You almost didn't make it young girl, you should come a bit more earlier next time" a guard says.

"I'll try my best next time" the woman said while she was taking deep breaths.

"So, what's your name young girl?" the guard asks.

"My name? Why, that would have to be Angela my good sir" Angela said politely.

"What is your business of coming here?" the guard asked.

"No reason, I'm just wandering around, looking for adventure, getting a job from time to time for money, you know what I mean" Angela explained.

"A woman adventurer? Well, we don't get much of those these days! Feel free to stay at the inn for the night! You look exhausted! By the way, in case you didn't know, this place is the kingdom of Garoda, it isn't the most prosperous one but we still have a rather nice community and a kind king....Well anyways, you should get some sleep now." the guard said.

The guard handed her an inn coupon so she could stay at the inn for free. She bid the guard farewell and headed towards the inn.

Angela is a girl, roughly the age of 19, she lived her childhood in a farm which didn't get that much money so she didn't really get all that good of an education. One fateful day when she was 17, she told her mother and father she wanted to leave and be an adventurer, hunting for animals, sightseeing at towns, working part-time at different jobs, going through various ruins and dungeons. Being an adventurer was a very exciting and rather fun experience, however, it was indeed very dangerous! Angela didn't mind at all since she was physically well trained, she was agile and could jump incredible heights! She has been an adventurer for around 2 years now and she still hasn't stopped being one since he hasn't explored the entire world of Aquas yet. Mainly because she traveled by foot. She thought that being an adventurer who was riding one of those "car" machines was absolute nonsense! Where's the sense of adventure in that? Well, after 2 years of roaming Aquas, she finds herself there in the Kingdom of Garoda.

When Angela arrived at the inn, she noticed the place was quite busy and VERY LARGE! There were lots of men sitting down at the tables drinking and talking! She noticed the place wasn't just an inn but there was also an arena and a weapons shop! When she started walking towards the counter, she noticed lots of stares going towards her.

"Maybe I went into the wrong place..." Angela thought to herself.

She arrived at the counter and was greeted by the receptionist. Angela presented her inn coupon and picked to stay at one of the "Royal" rooms of the inn. She wasn't normally able to do so since she couldn't afford it but since she was lucky enough to have the guard give her one, she did! The coupon allowed her to stay there for 2 days which was good since she didn't want to get up and leave the next morning.

She went up the stairs and gently turned the doorknob to her room. She entered the room but noticed a man fixing the bed. He didn't seem to notice her so she tried catching his attention by pretending to cough. It worked and the man jumped startledly and looked towards her.

"Who might you be my dear lady?" the man asked in a strange "British" accent.

"Er...I'm Angela, this is supposed to be my room. I'm staying here for two nights" Angela answered.

"Oh, please forgive me for taking too long. I am one of the bellboys of this inn. When I'm not serving tea, coffee, water, or drinks, I am usually fixing beds or organizing rooms. So sorry for taking this long! I shall take my leave!" the bellboy said.

He left incredibly quickly and looked as if he was embarassed. Angela was absolutely more tired than she was famished so she decided to tuck into her bed and get some sleep and that's exactly what she did...

(to be continued!)
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Platyphyllum
[QUOTE="Platyphyllum"][QUOTE="irmeleeman5995"]That sounds awesome. Who is the Destined One....o_OSparky-05

O O she. .. I sense another Samus story ... Jokes ... When you plan on starting?

Actually, I just posted my first chapter :P
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Platyphyllum
No one seems to be reading but...I'll post another chapter anyways.

Chapter 2: The Beginning of a Decline (Part 1)

The next morning, Angela woke up when it was nearly 12:00 noon. She walked to and looked out of the window of her room expecting to be greeted by the bright sunshine and birds chirping, however, instead she was greeted by a creepy and unsettling darkness! There were no animals to speak of when she looked out to see the fields, and instead there were these weird green skinned creatures roaming the lands!

"What's this? What are those things!?" Angela shouted out loud.

Suddenly, the door to her room was slammed open! Angela, who was incredibly startled, looked back and saw the bellboy with a panicked look on his face.

"Angela! Please, come with me quickly!" the bellboy shouted.

The bellboy quickly exited his room. Angela tried to catch up with him but he was incredibly fast so she was eventually left in the dust. She had a strong sense of direction however, so she somehow knew where the bellboy headed. She went over to the main gate of the town (which is where she thought the bellboy headed) and noticed an incredibly large crowd of people bundled up in front of the main gate! Angela could not pick out people she knew except for the bellboy as he had a very eccentric yellow uniform. Angela approached him and tapped him on the shoulder, he turned around and didn't seem surprised at all to see Angela.

"Er...what's going on here?" Angela asked.

"Hmm? You don't know what's happening?" the bellboy asked her.

"No, I'm afraid I don't" Angel said.

"I see, well I guess you deserve an explanation!" the bellboy exclaimed.

The bellboys eyes shone in the darkness and his skin started to seem more lively. He also looked as if he was just about to do some sort of pose like a superhero does...Well, for some reason, this bellboy seemed like he was looking forward to explaining this...

"Aha! I thought you'd never ask! Well, you see, back in the olden times, there used to be a process known as the 'decline'! Usually, at one moment, the land would be prosperous and lively, then suddenly....BOOM! Darkness would come over the skies and monsters would appear! Isn't this exciting!? It hasn't happened for hundreds of years! How lucky for it to be happening now!"

Amgela blankly stared at him for a moment then decided to speak up.

"So...what do we do now?" Angela asked him.

"Aha! I thought you'd never ask! Well, you see, there's supposed to be a hero that will come to rescue us! A 'destined one' who will save us all from the Decline! Of course...someone like me could never be the destined one..." the bellboy said sadly.

Angela was a bit confused by what he said but she got a general idea of what was happening. She also never saw the bellboy this emotional before...at one moment he's happy to be explaining something for her then the next he's sad...

"AHA! I forgot to introduce myself! My name is Poe! Nice to meet you Angela!"

"Nice to meet you too" Angela replied.

Poe...that name sounded a bit familiar to her...it also seemed a bit creepy but she decided to let it slide.

"Hmm...yes, I forgot to mention this to you. Right here in this town is a special tower. The 'Emerald Steeple' is what it's called" Poe said.

"A steeple? Is it a church or something?" Angela asked.

"It vaguely resembles a church, however, it resembles more of a tower! The tower of it is quite tall though, not to mention it's crawling with monsters...it's probably a way to test if you are the 'Destined One' since you need to be very strong"

Angela was incredibly interested in this tower! Perhaps she was the destined one? She was quite good at hunting animals and sorts. She was also quite a good adventurer!

"Hey, um...Poe was it? Well, do you think maybe we should go to the tower?" Angela asked.

"Splendid idea! Let me warn you though, you have a high chance of dying when you enter" Poe replied.

"Oh, well, let's go anyways, we can't tell until we try, right?" Angela asked in a shaky voice.

"Splendid philosophy Angela!" Poe said enthusiastically.

Poe and Angela made their way to a more inner part of the kingdom. Before Angela knew it, they were going through sewers, underground passages, and climbing ladders! After around 1 hour of hiking through damp places, they found a ladder that eventually led to the surface! When they emerged, it was still a bit dark, the place brightened up a bit though! Probably since it was already well into the afternoon. Angela surveyed the area and found that there was an odd looking church a few ways up a hill.

"Poe, why did we go through all of that just to get here to this place?" Angela asked.

"It's much too dangerous to travel by foot on the surface of the land. Might you be forgetting that the place is crawling with monsters just trying to devour us?"

"Oh yeah..." Angela whimpered.

"No time to dampen our spirits now young lady! We must proceed to the Emerald Steeple!" Poe said enthusiastically.

Angela and Poe hiked up a rather large hill until they found themselves at the gates of an absolutely gorgeous looking tower with a base that resembled a church.

"Hmm..yes...well, we shall go inside now" Poe said.

Poe opened up the gate and proceeded to the entrance door of the steeple with Angela closely following behind him...
Sparky-05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sparky-05
Heh, I read both chapters ... Just because people don't post doesn't mean they don't read it. Keep that in mind, by the way its looking really good ... when do you think your next chapter will be up?

Edit: I guess I should say something about the story, its interesting. I am enjoying it. One thing is that sometimes you call Angela a 'he'. Honest mistake, but you might want to fix that. I like how in chapter 1, you did that little bit about the background of our main character, its nice to be able to relate to one character (even though I am not 19 or a girl or an adventurer :( ) ... Its looking good. I honestly can't wait for the next chapter, if I had my choice about it. I'd read the entire story tongiht and not bother sleeping. I've only done that for a few books ... Keep up the good work :)
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Platyphyllum
My next chapter? I'm not sure, I'm still continuing the second one. Anyways, thanks for your comments! :)

Chapter 2: The Beginning of the Decline (Part 2)

"ANGELA!"

"Aaaah!" Angela screamed.

"Be careful" Poe said.

"..."

Poe went inside the Emerald Steeple first and Angela followed. She surveyed the area the moment she got in and the place was absolutely wonderful! Gems were attached to the walls, the place was absolutely shining, it's as if the place has been untouched for ages yet no dust has gathered! However...after looking around more...Angela started getting a creepy feeling, as dead lifeless bodies were scattered around. There wasn't a single bloodstain but they were dead and she was sure of it.

"ANGELA! WATCH OUT!" Poe yelled.

Angela screamed and ducked! She saw a shadow of what appeared to be something that just passed above her! She stood up and saw this weird green skinned little man holding a sharp lethal dagger in his hand standing a few ways from her!

"What's that?" Angela asked.

"It's a fiend, a demon, a monster, whatever you want to call it. What we need to do is destroy it!" Poe explained.

The monster made a leap towards Angela! Angela didn't know what to do so she just put her arms in front of her, hoping to block the attack. It was getting closer, but suddenly, Poe jumped in front of her with a sword at the ready! Angela noticed he had a sheath but never actually thought there would be a sword in it, bellboys at hotels don't really carry swords around after all.

Poe blocked the attack and while the monster was stunned by the defense...Poe struck him down by thrusting the rather blunt sword into the monster's head! Poe removed his sword from the monster and there was a black bloodstain on it, not to mention the monster had black blood coming out of his head and mouth as it struggled to stay alive, but eventually it died.

"Ugh...What..." Angela said but she was at a loss of words.

"Do you have a weapon?" Poe asked.

Angela pulled out her hunting knife from her own sheath.

"Yes, I have this..."

"ANGELA! WATCH OUT!" Poe yelled.

Angela turned around quickly and saw another monster, just like the other one, which was about to attack her! She put her arms in a defensive position in front of her but the monster stabbed one of them with it's knife and the monster jumped backwards to prevent being attacked.

"Ah! My...arm...it's bleeding!" Angela yelled quite weakly.

Angela noticed that the stab mark on her arm had quite a bit of blood coming out of it! She was starting to feel dizzy and her eyesight was fading....and a few seconds later, she fainted and fell into deep unconsciousness...not knowing what would happen to her...............

(to be continued)
Sparky-05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sparky-05
O geez, didn't notice that chapter 2 was only part 1, just saw that now ... o I hope Angela is okay .. shes a cool character ... oo ... getting shanked is no laughing matter :P ... looking good mate ... looking good.
OddballTECH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#12 OddballTECH
Member since 2005 • 7905 Posts
I liked the first chapter.  I will read the next chapters when I get a chance.  Nice work!