curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 curlfro
Member since 2006 • 3579 Posts

This is where we brainstorm about how to get more members to join, have a more user-friendly format, decide when we need knew sigs/banners/tags, or anything else to improve the union. If a recruit has a suggestion then make sure it isn't a useless or inappropriate.

Also I am going to make it for public access.

lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 lvlUNE3B
Member since 2006 • 3277 Posts

I think it should be made sticky and locked. We need sigs and a union game. Hurt/Heal or Three word Kratos story

tuff_gong92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 tuff_gong92
Member since 2006 • 2345 Posts
Also we need an animated sig like in Sony Alliance but different.  I think reinstituting the old games and things will definately attract more of the original members.  I'll try to post in union recruitment to say we are back and original members should join as should new ones.
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 curlfro
i'm glad MAZ is here, he can make AWSOME sigs!
xCMoney05x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 xCMoney05x
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts
At this point there is only one thing, invite invite invite. We definately have to have the 3 word game since thats where it originated for SA. 
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 curlfro
[QUOTE="xCMoney05x"]At this point there is only one thing, invite invite invite. We definately have to have the 3 word game since thats where it originated for SA.

actually, that came from TUGOWU.  we just kinda copied it.
xCMoney05x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xCMoney05x
No thats what I said, I just worded it weird. We took it from TUGOWU in the Sony Alliance boards, thats why we need to bring it back here lol. I posted in the original remember?
mario_man_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mario_man_12
Member since 2005 • 1609 Posts

ya i remember you said it brought some union back

but the 3word fan fic will be cool

sexypansas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#9 sexypansas
Member since 2004 • 6315 Posts
We might also be able to do like art contests or some thing like that.
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 curlfro
We might also be able to do like art contests or some thing like that.sexypansas

we tried that in the last union.  no one really posted (probably cuz MAZ is an art teacher)
lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lvlUNE3B

[QUOTE="sexypansas"]We might also be able to do like art contests or some thing like that.curlfro

we tried that in the last union.  no one really posted (probably cuz MAZ is an art teacher)

That's a good idea but I don't think, as Steve said, that it's going to work right now because we have few members (and also who are good at photoshop). Besides UPDATES would be a good Idea. A summary for God of War (news)and God of War II (news) which have been released earlier should be posted. Right now we should work on basics,sigs,spam and some GoW related topics.!

curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 curlfro

[QUOTE="curlfro"] [QUOTE="sexypansas"]We might also be able to do like art contests or some thing like that.lvlUNE3B

we tried that in the last union. no one really posted (probably cuz MAZ is an art teacher)

That's a good idea but I don't think, as Steve said, that it's going to work right now because we have few members (and also who are good at photoshop). Besides UPDATES would be a good Idea. A summary for God of War (news)and God of War II (news) which have been released earlier should be posted. Right now we should work on basics,sigs,spam and some GoW related topics.!

yeah, it stinks that the union got made AFTER E3.  we would be able to post A TON of info on GOW 2.
mario_man_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mario_man_12
the 3 word fan fic and a hurt/heal battle is what we need
xCMoney05x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xCMoney05x
We have 20 people, only 30-40% of them post and half of those dont know what either of those are lol. Explination?
mario_man_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mario_man_12
which one?
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 curlfro
[QUOTE="xCMoney05x"]We have 20 people, only 30-40% of them post and half of those dont know what either of those are lol. Explination?

well, even in the old TUGOWU, most people joined and forgot about it.
hiccup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#17 hiccup
Member since 2006 • 3856 Posts
Here is a word of advice for you guys since this is a place for officers and the leader you should lock this topic for recruits like me not to post in.
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 curlfro
Here is a word of advice for you guys since this is a place for officers and the leader you should lock this topic for recruits like me not to post in.hiccup

oh, woops, i thought i locked it :? thanks for telling me hiccup.
lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lvlUNE3B
I am thinking of a game right now in board. It would be good to get some comments on which game should be on the board.
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 curlfro
I am thinking of a game right now in board. It would be good to get some comments on which game should be on the board.lvlUNE3B

i don't exactly get what you mean there.  could you repeat that?
lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lvlUNE3B

[QUOTE="lvlUNE3B"]I am thinking of a game right now in board. It would be good to get some comments on which game should be on the board.curlfro

i don't exactly get what you mean there.  could you repeat that?

Hm.. It would be encouraging for the recruits to suggest / comment and take part in board for the union enhancements and other activities.

Now there are more people active and a GoW game would be useful at this moment.

curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 curlfro

[QUOTE="curlfro"] [QUOTE="lvlUNE3B"]I am thinking of a game right now in board. It would be good to get some comments on which game should be on the board.lvlUNE3B

i don't exactly get what you mean there. could you repeat that?

Hm.. It would be encouraging for the recruits to suggest / comment and take part in board for the union enhancements and other activities.

Now there are more people active and a GoW game would be useful at this moment.

now i get it!  i definately agree.  lets try and figure out an original game that no other union has done before!
lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lvlUNE3B
I am thinking that in Witty caption contest, that there should be something awarded for that member who's caption is being the best (after polling) in the first 10 picture captions. And should we have some kind of ranking system?
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 curlfro
I am thinking that in Witty caption contest, that there should be something awarded for that member who's caption is being the best (after polling) in the first 10 picture captions. And should we have some kind of ranking system? lvlUNE3B

well, i've got about an hour untill i gotta leave, so i'm gunna post as much as i can.

for the reward, how bout a costom sig?

and i'm not exactly sure what you mean by the ranking system.  could you explain that?
xCMoney05x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xCMoney05x
We would have to tweak out any bugs, but I have an idea in mind for an original game. Civil War in the world of GoW. We played Civil War back in my Gamespy forums and it was a lot of fun. Think of it as an advanced hurt/heal game. We divide people up into two sides, or three if we have enough people, and we go to war. WE would have to come up with a rule set and stuff, but if done right it can be a sweet game. We planned ours at GS for a month, and when we finally played it, we had races and classes and everything. Granted we had about 75 people that posted regularly so that probably can't happen, but we can add our own twists (Magic, summons, etc.).

You don't have to like it, you wont hurt my feelings lol. Just a suggestion.

*Pulling something off like that takes a helluva lot of dedication by us officers, keep that in mind*
tuff_gong92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 tuff_gong92
Member since 2006 • 2345 Posts

We would have to tweak out any bugs, but I have an idea in mind for an original game. Civil War in the world of GoW. We played Civil War back in my Gamespy forums and it was a lot of fun. Think of it as an advanced hurt/heal game. We divide people up into two sides, or three if we have enough people, and we go to war. WE would have to come up with a rule set and stuff, but if done right it can be a sweet game. We planned ours at GS for a month, and when we finally played it, we had races and classes and everything. Granted we had about 75 people that posted regularly so that probably can't happen, but we can add our own twists (Magic, summons, etc.).

You don't have to like it, you wont hurt my feelings lol. Just a suggestion.

*Pulling something off like that takes a helluva lot of dedication by us officers, keep that in mind*
xCMoney05x

I think that would be too ambitous with the amount of members we have now but it is a great idea.  But I can see it can get confusing quickly if not done right.  I think that now the union level glitch is fixed then more people should be open to join union, Its the first round draft picks people!

lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lvlUNE3B

Agreed with what tuff_gong92 said, first we should end what we have started. What should we do with witty caption contest?, curlfro is away and there is little action in the game. He gimme the rules for the contest, here they are.
1)You can make one caption and vote for one caption.
2) There will be a period of three days to post your captions. After that, everyone will PM the votes to the current leader.
3) You can post a maximum of three times.
4)And make sure that you read TUGOWU rules.

I think 3 days would be too far. So I recommend 1 day for giving caption and 1/2 day for polls. And all other rules should be followed.Officers can post an image to continue the game. and they should be active in these games or these threads will die :( in the end.
edit: I just made changes myself.. the eukes as follows

2) There will be a period of 3 days to post your single caption. After that post your vote in the thread.Time period for voting would be 2 days.You can edit your caption before voting. We'll keep you update through PMs.
3) You can post a maximum of three times.(One for posting a caption and one for voting, and remaining one for comments etc, but not for another caption).
4) You can't vote for yourself, so vote for others and also write the caption in your vote.
5)In the the ranking system, a winner will get 10 points on each picture and the first person to achieve 100 points will get something big. In case of a draw between two users, 5-5 points will be awarded. Time period would be increased if there is a draw with more than 2 two members.
6)Be creative and make some funny captions! and avoid abuse language.
7)And make sure that you read TUGOWU rules.

what should we give to the winner of the contest?

lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lvlUNE3B

I am thinking that we should have a tab for ourhomepage. I am not good but I tried some thing like this

-I am not good at slicing, basically ImageReady :(

curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 curlfro

Agreed with what tuff_gong92 said, first we should end what we have started. What should we do with witty caption contest?, curlfro is away and there is little action in the game. He gimme the rules for the contest, here they are.
2) There will be a period of three days to post your captions. After that, everyone will PM the votes to the current leader.
3) You can post a maximum of three times.
4)And make sure that you read TUGOWU rules.

I think 3 days would be too far. So I recommend 1 day for giving caption and 1/2 day for polls. And all other rules should be followed.Officers can post an image to continue the game. and they should be active in these games or these threads will die :( in the end.
edit: I just made changes myself.. the eukes as follows

2) There will be a period of 3 days to post your single caption. After that post your vote in the thread.Time period for voting would be 2 days.You can edit your caption before voting. We'll keep you update through PMs.
3) You can post a maximum of three times.(One for posting a caption and one for voting, and remaining one for comments etc, but not for another caption).
4) You can't vote for yourself, so vote for others and also write the caption in your vote.
5)In the the ranking system, a winner will get 10 points on each picture and the first person to achieve 100 points will get something big. In case of a draw between two users, 5-5 points will be awarded. Time period would be increased if there is a draw with more than 2 two members.
6)Be creative and make some funny captions! and avoid abuse language.
7)And make sure that you read TUGOWU rules.

what should we give to the winner of the contest?

lvlUNE3B

well, the reason it should be three days for posting is because not everyone can get online every single day.  it would be kinda unfair for anyone who had no access to a computer that day.
Tyrant-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#30 Tyrant-666
Member since 2006 • 2789 Posts

I am thinking that we should have a tab for ourhomepage. I am not good but I tried some thing like this

-I am not good at slicing, basically ImageReady :(

lvlUNE3B

That tab is pretty good, but what I think would be better is if you made tabs with things like "Introduce Yourself" and Off-Topic" and "Rules" and then link them to the threads.

lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lvlUNE3B

I think you didn't see TUGOWU tags & sigs thread.. anyways, Steve edit my post and grab the whole links.

Tyrant-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Tyrant-666

I think you didn't see TUGOWU tags & sigs thread.. anyways, Steve edit my post and grab the whole links.

lvlUNE3B

Oh, right whoops! :oops: I hadn't checked that thread in a while. 

curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 curlfro

lvlUNE3B

sry, it took me a while to figure out what you meant. :oops:
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 the-creeper
Member since 2003 • 6641 Posts

I must say I'm surprised at my sudden ascension in the ranks..Grateful to be sure as recognition hasn't exactly been one of the things I've been given across the many forums I've traveled..without some rather "drastic" measures (Trojan Horses anyone?..YTMND..you'd have to have been there to understand..all new members are victims and the veterans are ALWAYS trolls)

~I'm not sure just how hopeful I'll be with any kind of executive descisions or improvements in the union..but whatever I've been doing seems to have sufficed so..I'll just keep it up I suppose.  Thanks

lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lvlUNE3B
I must say I'm surprised at my sudden ascension in the ranks..Grateful to be sure as recognition hasn't exactly been one of the things I've been given across the many forums I've traveled..without some rather "drastic" measures (Trojan Horses anyone?..YTMND..you'd have to have been there to understand..all new members are victims and the veterans are ALWAYS trolls)

~I'm not sure just how hopeful I'll be with any kind of executive descisions or improvements in the union..but whatever I've been doing seems to have sufficed so..I'll just keep it up I suppose.  Thanksthe-creeper

It'll take sometime for you to adjust.. if you have any question feel free to ask.

curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 curlfro
I must say I'm surprised at my sudden ascension in the ranks..Grateful to be sure as recognition hasn't exactly been one of the things I've been given across the many forums I've traveled..without some rather "drastic" measures (Trojan Horses anyone?..YTMND..you'd have to have been there to understand..all new members are victims and the veterans are ALWAYS trolls)

~I'm not sure just how hopeful I'll be with any kind of executive descisions or improvements in the union..but whatever I've been doing seems to have sufficed so..I'll just keep it up I suppose. Thanksthe-creeper

Yeah, like lvlUNE3B said, you can just ask us if you need any help.

lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lvlUNE3B

Hurt/Heal is kinda dead....any suggestions to make it alive?

curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 curlfro

Hurt/Heal is kinda dead....any suggestions to make it alive?

lvlUNE3B
no, and i've been trying to think of something for a while now.
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 curlfro
Hey, could someone tell me how to have an image with a link in HTML format.  I'm trying to link the buttons on the front page, but where I type the stuff in, there are no buttons, like when posting.  (ex.    )

So, I need it written out in this format:

Thanks for the help!
Tyrant-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Tyrant-666

What you do is:

:)

lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lvlUNE3B
Well... board is pretty much clean!
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 curlfro

What you do is:

Tyrant-666
I just tried it, and it didn't work. I can't figure your why! :evil:

EDIT:

YES!  I got it to work!  We have one working button!  (The Intoduction Thread) :D
lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lvlUNE3B
That's good... I'll see if we need a new tab because of Ultimate Index.
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 curlfro
That's good... I'll see if we need a new tab because of Ultimate Index.lvlUNE3B
No, I think it's fine for now. I'll change them if any problems arise.
Tyrant-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Tyrant-666
[QUOTE="Tyrant-666"]

What you do is:

curlfro

I just tried it, and it didn't work. I can't figure your why! :evil:

EDIT:

YES!  I got it to work!  We have one working button!  (The Intoduction Thread) :D

Cool! There working!

And I see my instructions were as good as ever! :P

curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 curlfro
So, is there anything we can do to make the union even better? I'm stll working on a game. (I can't get Photoshop to work, so I can't make the header for the game right now. Also, I cannot find my CD which had Animation Shop 3, and the header I planned was animated. If someone with a animation program could help me out, I could email you the pics, and you could animate them for me.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 the-creeper

So, is there anything we can do to make the union even better? I'm stll working on a game. (I can't get Photoshop to work, so I can't make the header for the game right now. Also, I cannot find my CD which had Animation Shop 3, and the header I planned was animated. If someone with a animation program could help me out, I could email you the pics, and you could animate them for me.curlfro

I would suggest my friend Zack (etrnalconundrum) but I haven't been able to get a hold of him this week and I haven't had anything more sophistacated than Paint to work with for the last 5-6 years so I'm out of the loop here.

As for making the union better...I can only suggest Off-Topic style diversions for post increasing purposes (also entertainment) seeing as all the good topics I can think of are taken *need reviving by another since I am bound by the rules to not Double Post*

Perhaps a God of War related "One Word Story":

the-creeper: Kratos

DevilMayCry85: Kratos killed

Zenodoros: Kratos killed all

curlfro: Kratos killed all the

Tyrant-666: Kratos killed all the children!

lvlUNE3B: Kratos killed all the children! He... *next user continues*

~Since it isn't directly focused on the discussion of the series it would need your approval curlfro...your call

lvlUNE3B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lvlUNE3B
Well the method you used for copy & paste is PERFECT for any word story game.It won't let the story to die.
curlfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 curlfro

[QUOTE="curlfro"]So, is there anything we can do to make the union even better? I'm stll working on a game. (I can't get Photoshop to work, so I can't make the header for the game right now. Also, I cannot find my CD which had Animation Shop 3, and the header I planned was animated. If someone with a animation program could help me out, I could email you the pics, and you could animate them for me.the-creeper

I would suggest my friend Zack (etrnalconundrum) but I haven't been able to get a hold of him this week and I haven't had anything more sophistacated than Paint to work with for the last 5-6 years so I'm out of the loop here.

As for making the union better...I can only suggest Off-Topic style diversions for post increasing purposes (also entertainment) seeing as all the good topics I can think of are taken *need reviving by another since I am bound by the rules to not Double Post*

Perhaps a God of War related "One Word Story":

the-creeper: Kratos

DevilMayCry85: Kratos killed

Zenodoros: Kratos killed all

curlfro: Kratos killed all the

Tyrant-666: Kratos killed all the children!

lvlUNE3B: Kratos killed all the children! He... *next user continues*

~Since it isn't directly focused on the discussion of the series it would need your approval curlfro...your call

I like that idea! I'll work on it as soon as I get back.
the-creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 the-creeper
Finally..I have contributed a game to the union