Do You Think Another Race Should Be Made For Warhammer 40K?

Crunk_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Crunk_Dog
Member since 2009 • 227 Posts

Hey everyone:D!

In Warhammer 40K, Games Workshop are always building on the existing armies, whether it's just to add a hero or new tank or something else, but most of the armies are familiar to table top war gamers so do you think it's about time a new race was made? On this forum there's a poll to let you vote on this matter, and if you have any suggestions for new races, feel free to post a comment. Happy gaming:D!

Crunk_Dog.

Crunk_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Crunk_Dog

What do you guys think about a corrupted Imperial Guard/Catachan race or some kind of rebel race made up of armed civilians?

paelkeizah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 paelkeizah
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts
traitor guard have been made by quite a few people examples can be found in the witch hunters codex in which they have rules for them as adversaries most of the models that can be found in there were the old metal cadians painted black and red
Crunk_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Crunk_Dog
@paelkeizah I might have a look in to these corrupeted Imperial Guard that are in the Witch Hunters codex, it would be interesting to see how they look and how people have modelled and painted them.
paelkeizah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 paelkeizah
well theres also examples of mutants in there as well which were made using orks, zombies and chaos mutation sprues
khornedeadra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 khornedeadra
Member since 2009 • 738 Posts
nah i think they have enough awesome races. they should just work on the ones they have. i mean i have nothing against making a new race in the lore or something but when it comes game wise then they should stick with the races they already have.
Asheileon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Asheileon
Member since 2009 • 673 Posts
There are already so many, and taken in to account that all non codex chapters already have there own rules I can't really see why there is a need for more factions.
mirriorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 mirriorman
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts
i waqnt dwarfs in warhammer40k but apart from that i cant think of any others
paelkeizah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 paelkeizah

sshhhh you'll get shot for saying that! Or mentioning their name x.x

i waqnt dwarfs in warhammer40k but apart from that i cant think of any othersmirriorman

chaos123hades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 chaos123hades
Member since 2009 • 35 Posts

Crunk dog gamesworkshop are doing poorly moneywise they could not support another race

peace out cheers chaos rules

paelkeizah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 paelkeizah

>_> eh wah? So your saying that an £80.16 million business can't fund a new arny? No its because they recently released a new one, games workshop is also a business which means they stick to whats popular and build upon it if something isn't doing well they try to re-vamp it to get more attention drawn or if its doing incredibly bad then they kill that race off (aka the squats)

Crunk dog gamesworkshop are doing poorly moneywise they could not support another race

peace out cheers chaos rules

chaos123hades
Asheileon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Asheileon
It's probably just me and my crappy memory, but what "new" race is it that your talking about.
chaos123hades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 chaos123hades
Member since 2009 • 35 Posts

The group reported sales of £136,650,000 sterling in 2005 and employs around 3200. Sales decreased for the fiscal year ending in May 2006. "For the fiscal year ended 28 May 2006, Games Workshop plc's revenues decreased 16% to £115.2M. Net income decreased 78% to £2M. Revenues reflect a decrease in sales from Continental Europe, United Kingdom, Asia Pacific, and The Americas geographic divisions

In 2009 Games Workshop Group plc posted a pre-tax profit of 7.5 Million pounds. Games workshop said the rise in revenue was due to an increase in the range and quality of its plastic minatures.

paelkeizah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 paelkeizah

er chaos daemons?

It's probably just me and my crappy memory, but what "new" race is it that your talking about.Asheileon

Asheileon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Asheileon
Chaos Daemons, new separate codex but new race...... nah, don't think soo.
paelkeizah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 paelkeizah

>_>; they are a new army... but if were getting technical... a race? Er I think they should be classed as things :P

Chaos Daemons, new separate codex but new race...... nah, don't think soo.Asheileon

Crunk_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Crunk_Dog
Actually I wouldn't mind a faction of 40K Dwarves, even if it was just a few miniatures adding to another army liek the Space Marines or something.
paelkeizah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 paelkeizah
games workshop wanted to move away from the whole 'warhammer in space' thing as 'squats' used to exist
Lard-Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lard-Head
Member since 2003 • 68 Posts
Yeah Squats were the WH40K equivalent of Dwarves. They got canned for a few reasons (the "Warhammer in Space" issue definately being one of them). They also just weren't that popular from a sales perspective. I was pretty ambivalent as far as the Squats were concerned. If something were to be "added" I would be up for Squats making a return (since there is already backstory and fluff involving them), but barring that I would probably not be interested in seeing any new races. From a story standpoint some of the newer races (Tau and Necrons coming to mind) were tough enough to really work in convincingly (although I think they have succeeded at this point). The focus should be on supporting and expanding the hobby, not creating new, contrived races.
paelkeizah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 paelkeizah

well games workshop has been quite clever when you think about it

remember they've only kept 40k within a certain part of the universe this means that they can nuke everything and start a fresh in a different region if they wish or introduce a scenario that draws in a new race nids for example come from outside the galaxy though I wish they did megarachnids  those things sounded damn right scary in the horus heresy 

khornedeadra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 khornedeadra
Member since 2009 • 738 Posts
yeah squats are cool and all but games workshop should improve on the races and factions they already have. each race is a little shallow in some parts like the war between the eldar and necrons games workshop should elaborate on that a little bit.