Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 0

#51 McMJ3
Member since 2008 • 2441 Posts
[QUOTE="McMJ3"]

I think I'll do what BattleSword as done and post my current favourite songs. They change all the time, so why not come back and update it every week or so:P?

Anyway:

Clenching The Fists Of Dissent - Machine Head

Slanderous - Machine Head

Halo - Machine Head(man this album is so great)

Wretch - Protest The Hero 

Walking Contradiction - Green Day

Smoke Two Joints - Sublime

What I Got - Sublime

Nebula - Incubus

Vitamin - Incubus

Overdose - Hurt

grunt1096

I love Now I Lay Thee Down by Machine Head the most behind Halo. 

I love everything about the whole album:P I can't stop listening!

grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts
And Aesthetics of Hate....RIP Dimebag
Martzel94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 Martzel94
Member since 2008 • 7792 Posts
I find it hard to believe that I only listen to whats popular. My friends and all the people around me have never heard 80% of the music I listen to. Even if it was popular it shouldn`t matter, as long as you like it.

And of course all the posts in this union don`t have to be humorous. They also don`t have to blatantly offend people either.

McMJ3

You really think that bands such as All That Remains, Protest the Hero, SOAD, Machine Head, Slipknot, The Offspring, Sum 41, Pendulum and Green Day are not popular? :lol: Either you don't know what popular means or you have very little musical knowledge.

And when exactly did I offend anyone???

McMJ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 McMJ3
[QUOTE="McMJ3"]I find it hard to believe that I only listen to whats popular. My friends and all the people around me have never heard 80% of the music I listen to. Even if it was popular it shouldn`t matter, as long as you like it.

And of course all the posts in this union don`t have to be humorous. They also don`t have to blatantly offend people either.

Martzel94

You really think that bands such as All That Remains, Protest the Hero, SOAD, Machine Head, Slipknot, The Offspring, Sum 41, Pendulum and Green Day are not popular? :lol: Either you don't know what popular means or you have very little musical knowledge.

I'm not saying that they're all not popular, and when I hear the word, "popular music" I think of mainstream radio music. 

And I'd say you've offened alot of people just by coming into this union and bashing everyone's musical tastes. Okay, if you think the bands you mentioned are popular thats great. I still like them though. If you don't like them just state your opinion NICELY, you don't have to make fun of a person's tastes or constantly say how that's not real music, or not real metal. Once it's fine, we get it, you don't think my tastes should be considered metal, but after mentioning it numerous times, you're just bashing.

Martzel94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Martzel94
I'm not saying that they're all not popular, and when I hear the word, "popular music" I think of mainstream radio music.

And I'd say you've offened alot of people just by coming into this union and bashing everyone's musical tastes. Okay, if you think the bands you mentioned are popular thats great. I still like them though. If you don't like them just state your opinion NICELY, you don't have to make fun of a person's tastes or constantly say how that's not real music, or not real metal. Once it's fine, we get it, you don't think my tastes should be considered metal, but after mentioning it numerous times, you're just bashing.

McMJ3

Well, the bands that you listed are mainstream and are nowhere near being unknown. Anyway, I haven't really bashed anyone's tastes (I never said that you can't listen to it, I just said that I don't like it), as I wrote in another topic - the credibility of music is important for me and I hate when people mistakenly associate the music that I listen to with metalcore for example. That means, that I will dislike it whenever someone mentions those bands when talking about metal. Same goes for punk and "pop-punk". If I'm not allowed to have a different opinion in this union then it should have been at least mentioned somewhere on the homepage - "disliking bands/genres is forbidden". It's obvious that people do not like all genres of music, I'm sure you also dislike some of the ones that I listen to, but I instead would accept it or try to explain why I like it, not whine.

It's also not my fault that the genres I don't like are mentioned so often in this union.

grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts
[QUOTE="McMJ3"]I find it hard to believe that I only listen to whats popular. My friends and all the people around me have never heard 80% of the music I listen to. Even if it was popular it shouldn`t matter, as long as you like it.

Martzel94

I could name 20 people off the top of my head who don't know All That Remains, Machine Head, Pendulum and Protest the Hero. 

McMJ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 McMJ3
[QUOTE="McMJ3"]I'm not saying that they're all not popular, and when I hear the word, "popular music" I think of mainstream radio music.

Martzel94

Well, the bands that you listed are mainstream and are nowhere near being unknown. Anyway, I haven't really bashed anyone's tastes (I never said that you can't listen to it, I just said that I don't like it), as I wrote in another topic - the credibility of music is important for me and I hate when people mistakenly associate the music that I listen to with metalcore for example. That means, that I will dislike it whenever someone mentions those bands when talking about metal. Same goes for punk and "pop-punk". If I'm not allowed to have a different opinion in this union then it should have been at least mentioned somewhere on the homepage - "disliking bands/genres is forbidden". It's obvious that people do not like all genres of music, I'm sure you also dislike some of the ones that I listen to, but I instead would accept it or try to explain why I like it, not whine.

It's also not my fault that the genres I don't like are mentioned so often in this union.

Alright then, okay, let's hear some of your favourite bands, expand our musical interests if you don't like any of the music we listen to. 

Avatar image for deactivated-59506133570df
deactivated-59506133570df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#58 deactivated-59506133570df
Member since 2007 • 10348 Posts
[QUOTE="Martzel94"][QUOTE="McMJ3"]I find it hard to believe that I only listen to whats popular. My friends and all the people around me have never heard 80% of the music I listen to. Even if it was popular it shouldn`t matter, as long as you like it.

grunt1096

I could name 20 people off the top of my head who don't know All That Remains, Machine Head, Pendulum and Protest the Hero.

To be honest, I could name over 200 people who haven't heard of any of those 4 you just listed, but I live in a place where country dominates, those bands do have a rather large fan base, though.

Martzel94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Martzel94

I could name 20 people off the top of my head who don't know All That Remains, Machine Head, Pendulum and Protest the Hero. grunt1096

And that would mean that they are not popular? These are some of the most popular bands in their corresponding genres and those genres are also popular and mainstream. If you think that they are not popular, then I wonder what's an obscure band in your opinion.

Alright then, okay, let's hear some of your favourite bands, expand our musical interests if you don't like any of the music we listen to. McMJ3

I prefer when people explore and look for music themselves instead of following what someone else listens to.

telvisnostic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 telvisnostic
Member since 2005 • 10021 Posts
So just post a list. That's the purpose of this thread.
McMJ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 McMJ3

[QUOTE="grunt1096"]I could name 20 people off the top of my head who don't know All That Remains, Machine Head, Pendulum and Protest the Hero. Martzel94

And that would mean that they are not popular? These are some of the most popular bands in their corresponding genres and those genres are also popular and mainstream. If you think that they are not popular, then I wonder what's an obscure band in your opinion.

Alright then, okay, let's hear some of your favourite bands, expand our musical interests if you don't like any of the music we listen to. McMJ3

I prefer when people explore and look for music themselves instead of following what someone else listens to.

Dude, seriously, in the time you've been in this union, you haven't posted one band you like.

flordeceres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#62 flordeceres
Member since 2005 • 4662 Posts

Eh, the list changed for this week

Amy Winehouse - Best Friends

Coldplay - Yellow

Aretha Franklin - Natural Woman

Sarah Vaughan - Whatever Lola Wants

Sara Tavares - Balancê

The Rolling Stones - Angie

The White Stripes - We're Going To Be Friends

Duffy - Syrup & Honey

Bessie Smith - Downhearted Blues

Brandi Carlile - Pride and Joy

Martzel94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Martzel94

Dude, seriously, in the time you've been in this union, you haven't posted one band you like.McMJ3

I actually did mention one of my favourite bands somewhere. :P Anyway, I guess I'm not talking much about the bands I like mainly because I do that in two or three other unions that I post in.

dissonantblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 dissonantblack
Member since 2005 • 34009 Posts
Aslan Faction - Bring on the Dying
Psyclon nine - the secret song on Crwn thy frnicatr
Eden Synthetic Corps - waste of ammo
Interlace - nemesis
Clan of Xymox - one more time
Velvet Acid christ - cyclone chamber
Pride and Fall - ego
Wumpscut - black death
VNV nation - standing
the birthday massacre - happy birthday
McMJ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 McMJ3

[QUOTE="McMJ3"]Dude, seriously, in the time you've been in this union, you haven't posted one band you like.Martzel94

I actually did mention one of my favourite bands somewhere. :P Anyway, I guess I'm not talking much about the bands I like mainly because I do that in two or three other unions that I post in.

Wow, a music union and you won't share your interests. Why do you keep coming back here then?

Avatar image for deactivated-59506133570df
deactivated-59506133570df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#66 deactivated-59506133570df
Member since 2007 • 10348 Posts
[QUOTE="Martzel94"]

[QUOTE="McMJ3"]Dude, seriously, in the time you've been in this union, you haven't posted one band you like.McMJ3

Wow, a music union and you won't share your interests. Why do you keep coming back here then?

Him, Telvisnostic, and I have been having a rather good conversation in the metal thread.

telvisnostic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 telvisnostic
Him, Telvisnostic, and I have been having a rather good conversation in the metal thread.Cody13_2012
It was good too.
Martzel94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Martzel94
[QUOTE="McMJ3"][QUOTE="Martzel94"]

[QUOTE="McMJ3"]Dude, seriously, in the time you've been in this union, you haven't posted one band you like.Cody13_2012

Him, Telvisnostic, and I have been having a rather good conversation in the metal thread.

Indeed, I come here to discuss music, not only bands.

McMJ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 McMJ3
Okay then, I guess I've be proven wrong:P. Fair enough.
Tropicalshower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Tropicalshower
Member since 2009 • 10813 Posts

Mine changes a lot but for the most part  3 or 4 never change :?

Anberlin - Fin

Billy Talent - White sparrows

Andreas Johnson- the games we play

The magic numbers- I see you, you see me

Thrice - Red sky

Mae- Just let go

Lydia- Smile, you won

Miranda- Don

Regina Spektor- Real love

Rogue Wave- Lake Michigan

JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#71 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts

1. Sum 41: March of the Dogs

2. Green Day: East Jesus Nowhere

3. Green Day: American Idiot

4. Sum 41: Fat Lip

5. Sum 41: Noots

6. Nirvana: Smells Like Teen Spirit

7. Nirvana: Drain You

8. Wheatus: Teenage Dirtbag

9. Gorillaz: Dare

10. Gorillaz: Feel Good Inc.

Kid_Black_Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#72 Kid_Black_Star
Member since 2009 • 506 Posts

1. A Day To Remember- Down Fall Of Us All

2.Breaking Benjamin- Dairy Of Jane

3.Fall Out Boy- Thanks For The Memories 

4. Skillet- Monster

5.AFI- Miss Murder

6.August Burns Red- Meddler

7.Metallica- Enter Sandman

8.Nirvana- Drain You

9.Gun n Roses- Paradise City

10. AC/DC- Let There Be Rock

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#73 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts

Backbone - Gojira

Here To Stay - KoRn

Get This - SlipKnot

Metallica - All Nightmare Long

Gojira - Flying Whales

Metallica - Enter Sandman

Clown - KoRn

Megadeth - Symphony of Destruction

Flush - Brian Head Welch

Black Label - Lamb of God

Avatar image for blazingsaddle95
blazingsaddle95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#74 blazingsaddle95
Member since 2009 • 2605 Posts

In no particular order

Gimme Shelter by The Rolling Stones

What'd I Say by Ray Charles

Alex Chilton by The Replacements

I Am The Walrus by The Beatles

Girl by The Beatles

The Kids Are Alright by The Who

Banging Camp by The Hold Steady

Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band

You Really Got Me by The Kinks

Rock the Casbah by The Clash

killer978452

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#75 killer978452
Member since 2009 • 184 Posts
There are just too many.
wildjango64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 wildjango64
Member since 2009 • 3537 Posts

As of right now:

The Killers - The ballad of Micheal Valentine

Nirvana - Something in the way

Muse - Escape

Kill Hannah - Mouth to Mouth

Afi - Bleed Black

Megadeth - Hangar 18

Smashing PUmpkins - Rocket

Radiohead - Everything in its right place

White Stripes - Seven Nation Army

Nine inch Nails - Reptile

telvisnostic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 telvisnostic

Good to see a fellow Kill Hannah fan.  :D

Right now my list consist of:

1. Godsmack- Timebomb
  2. AIC- Voices
  3. Brand New Sin- Running Alone 
  4. Tupac- Keep Yah Head Up
  5. Disturbed-I'm Alive
  6. Ja Rule- 6 Feet UnderGround
  7. Tool- Schism
  8. Motograter- Down
  9. Sevendust- *****
  10. Johnny Cash- Ring of Fire
Avatar image for itsTolkien_time
itsTolkien_time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#78 itsTolkien_time
Member since 2009 • 2295 Posts
I'm a little mainstream, but mostly oldstyle mainstream. In no particular order, and subject to change: Dream Theater - Raise the Knife Journey - Lights Queen(Brian May) - Driven by You Queensryche - Jet City Woman Steely Dan - My Old School Elton John - Levon Elton John - Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me Toto - Hold the Line Matchbox Twenty - Disease and many, many more. I didn't have room for songs by Peter Gabriel, Chicago, Barenaked Ladies, Meat Loaf, Collective Soul, Maroon 5, The Proclaimers or any others. The most obscure band I listen to is probably Northey-Valenzuela.
Avatar image for blazingsaddle95
blazingsaddle95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#79 blazingsaddle95
Member since 2009 • 2605 Posts

[QUOTE="itsTolkien_time"] Journey - Lights

That's a guilty pleasure for me

xXMusic_Addict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 xXMusic_Addict
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

These are mine^^

Some of them may be lame to you guys, but what ever, they're nice songs ;)

Decode-Paramore

SuperMassive Black Hole- Muse

Stop and stare- One republic

Switch on- Ryan Tedder

Chinese Burn- Curve

Girigiri chop-B'z

Bodies- Robbie Williams

Eyes on fire- Blue Foundation

Good to be here- Rooster

Kimi to yakusoku...- Don't find the band anymore :s

MA___________

kingkilla3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 kingkilla3
Member since 2006 • 17196 Posts
A new favourite for me is Here Comes the Sun by The Beatles.