rebelway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 rebelway
Member since 2009 • 631 Posts

So recently in america there was the grammys awards and as a music union i think we shouldn't miss something like that...

So discuss about everything u want about that show.

Personally i think i should talk about lady gaga, how she sucks at performing live and something i found funny when it was the michael jackson tribute in 3d, people in the theater were wearing 3d glasses too and i was like wtf they need them. Real life is 3d or were they going for 4d :P

So tell soemthing about the show :) 

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

I think pretty much all the talent got screwed in favor of sales figures, which is pretty much the way the grammys work every year. So....no surprises. 

And if you thought that Lady Gaga's performance, especially the duet with Elton John sucked, well....lol.

I thought she was the only single saving grace for that "awards" show. I'm still laughing that country act beat MGMT and the Silversun Pickups for best new artist. :lol: 

Grammy's are a joke, they've proven that time and time again.  

rebelway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rebelway

I think pretty much all the talent got screwed in favor of sales figures, which is pretty much the way the grammys work every year. So....no surprises. 

And if you thought that Lady Gaga's performance, especially the duet with Elton John sucked, well....lol.

I thought she was the only single saving grace for that "awards" show. I'm still laughing that country act beat MGMT and the Silversun Pickups for best new artist. :lol: 

raven_squad

Well speak for yourself lady gaga fan :P. Tbh i liked lady gagas performance u know the acting, dancing and all that stuff but i dunno in live her voice sounds so terrible i changed the channel after a minute of that song. But in playback shes good :)

AudioPrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#4 AudioPrison
Member since 2008 • 1620 Posts

raven_squad

I agree with everything you just said. Apart from the Lady Gaga performance...because I havn't seen it :P But even though im not a big fan of that kind of music I do quite like her. And I have to dissagree on the Grammys being a joke every year, Id say the only year they wern't a joke is when Evanescence won a few awards :lol: Not just because im a hug fan but because I do genuinly think Amy Lee is very talented (as well as the band itself) but she has an amazing voice to :)

But yeah otehr than that the grammys are terrible, didn't see any winners there that I would listen to apart from Green Day and Lady Gaga.

AudioPrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#5 AudioPrison
Member since 2008 • 1620 Posts

The Best Song Written For Motion Picture, Television Or Other Visual Media was a complete JOKE!

I just saw that Joi Ho by The **** Cat Dolls with was in Slumdog Millionaire won!! WTF?

*Sorry, Rant Starting*

The only reason that won is like Raven said was probably the chart sales. You wanna know why it was high in the chart sales? Sex appeal. Thats what! Come on their going around half naked in the video singing about, funnily enough, sex, to put it quite bluntly. Yeh ok sure the video is nice to watch :oops: :P but thats not the point!

Where as Decode by Paramore for the film Twilight - in my opinion - should have won. Now im not a Twilight fan so please don't accuse me of wanting Decode to win because of that. I've never seen Twilight. But I think they should have won because Paramore have written some amazing songs, I respect them as a band and I think that the song its self is quite beautiful if you listen to the lyrics carefully.

rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 rocketfox129
Member since 2007 • 30833 Posts

raven_squad

A country act beat MGMT? This is madness! :o I wouldn't say they're the best, but the Oracular Spectacular album was certainly very enjoyable.

On the subject of awards, it should be noted the UK is having it's Brits awards too :P

And now back to the Grammy's :lol:

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 raven_squad

Decode DEFINITELY should have won that category. 

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 raven_squad
[QUOTE="raven_squad"]

rocketfox129

A country act beat MGMT? This is madness! :o I wouldn't say they're the best, but the Oracular Spectacular album was certainly very enjoyable.

Yeah, the group was called "The Zac Brown Band".  

rocketfox129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rocketfox129
Member since 2007 • 30833 Posts
It certainly sounds like it was fiddled :P
MasterC5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MasterC5
Member since 2006 • 2932 Posts

It's just a huge popularity contest, in the end it's totally worthless. Also I lost a lot of respect for Elton John, but lady gagas kind of just trolling the pop genre anyway so whatever.

Avatar image for resident4evil05
resident4evil05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 resident4evil05
Member since 2005 • 2255 Posts
Right when Taylor Swift wins Album of the Year. You know the world is over or that the world doesn't know good music when they see it. Whats happend to rock music Green Day wins.....WhAt???? Green Day is the BIGGEST sell out band out there, Im sorry if you like them. 21 Guns is not Punk!!!!! Nor are they!!! I wished Metal could take over the show and punch Lil Waynes dumb self in the face. What was with there set....... alot of.........and...................u know...................... great going guys! Grammys are a shame just like everything else in this world.
rebelway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rebelway

Right when Taylor Swift wins Album of the Year. You know the world is over or that the world doesn't know good music when they see it. Whats happend to rock music Green Day wins.....WhAt???? Green Day is the BIGGEST sell out band out there, Im sorry if you like them. 21 Guns is not Punk!!!!! Nor are they!!! I wished Metal could take over the show and punch Lil Waynes dumb self in the face. What was with there set....... alot of.........and...................u know...................... great going guys! Grammys are a shame just like everything else in this world. resident4evil05

I agree with u on the Taylor Swift there. When she won at the mtv and grammys i was like wtf is this how can she win before so many talented singers. I dont think she deserves those grammys and they dont want to be in her hand too like the one that fell :P

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

Right when Taylor Swift wins Album of the Year. You know the world is over or that the world doesn't know good music when they see it. Whats happend to rock music Green Day wins.....WhAt???? Green Day is the BIGGEST sell out band out there, Im sorry if you like them. 21 Guns is not Punk!!!!! Nor are they!!! I wished Metal could take over the show and punch Lil Waynes dumb self in the face. What was with there set....... alot of.........and...................u know...................... great going guys! Grammys are a shame just like everything else in this world. resident4evil05

Green day's new stuff is not punk at all neither do green day themselves refer to newer material as punk either...As musicians and bands get older they try diffrent things...while 21st century breakdown isnt their best it shows they are one of the better bands out there right now and the whole sell outs **** is well **** imho a band becomes successful they are now called sellouts.For the record Green Day's been on a major label since dookie and that album was possibly the biggest album that influenced me to play bass.So what they have a bigger budget to play with it doesnt change the fact that they are talented especially Billie Joe who plays various instruments on the album, also Mike Dirnt's technical ability is seriously underrated on some of their stuff along with tre's brand of drumming.

The so called real punk is still there but isnt the ideology of punk not really to do what you want and dont care what anyone thinks?

and your coming over as a tad ignorant even tho the grammy's are really just a record label cabal like the brits tbh, theres better more prestigious awards in my eyes like the Mercury prize, or the NME awards where all the so called no sellout bands tend to do go.

Avatar image for resident4evil05
resident4evil05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 resident4evil05
Member since 2005 • 2255 Posts

[QUOTE="resident4evil05"]Right when Taylor Swift wins Album of the Year. You know the world is over or that the world doesn't know good music when they see it. Whats happend to rock music Green Day wins.....WhAt???? Green Day is the BIGGEST sell out band out there, Im sorry if you like them. 21 Guns is not Punk!!!!! Nor are they!!! I wished Metal could take over the show and punch Lil Waynes dumb self in the face. What was with there set....... alot of.........and...................u know...................... great going guys! Grammys are a shame just like everything else in this world. razgriz_101

Green day's new stuff is not punk at all neither do green day themselves refer to newer material as punk either...As musicians and bands get older they try diffrent things...while 21st century breakdown isnt their best it shows they are one of the better bands out there right now and the whole sell outs **** is well **** imho a band becomes successful they are now called sellouts.For the record Green Day's been on a major label since dookie and that album was possibly the biggest album that influenced me to play bass.So what they have a bigger budget to play with it doesnt change the fact that they are talented especially Billie Joe who plays various instruments on the album, also Mike Dirnt's technical ability is seriously underrated on some of their stuff along with tre's brand of drumming.

The so called real punk is still there but isnt the ideology of punk not really to do what you want and dont care what anyone thinks?

and your coming over as a tad ignorant even tho the grammy's are really just a record label cabal like the brits tbh, theres better more prestigious awards in my eyes like the Mercury prize, or the NME awards where all the so called no sellout bands tend to do go.

Ok maybe i should not say sell-out. I like the old stuff, but the whole preachy thing to me is just dumb...Like in Rise Agaisnt albums you get stuff about going green and not eating meat. All i want to do is listen to music, not be told how to live. Its Green Day are good at playing and there best player is counted out, the one who does the main guitar parts. 4 members and only 3 are well know, its kind of sad. The whole sell out thing is thrown around to much.

Avatar image for deactivated-59506133570df
deactivated-59506133570df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 deactivated-59506133570df
Member since 2007 • 10348 Posts
The Grammys are irrelevent to my interests