mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mjk1
Member since 2003 • 10309 Posts

Robert C. Cooper, one of the Stargate franchise's most veteran writer/producers, is moving on.  Cooper will leave Stargate  next month, fellow SGU executive producer Joseph Mallozzi announced on his blog.

"I'm not leaving completely, actually — just stepping back to more of a consulting role for the end of this season," Cooper told GateWorld.  "However, my credit will remain Executive Producer.  We've already developed most of Season Two and I feel very confident leaving the show in good hands."

Cooper's final contribution to the stalwart franchise will be a stage panel appearance at San Diego Comic-Con, promoting the second season of Stargate Universe (now in production).  He also tells GateWorld that he'll be writing one more episode for late Season Two.

That's in addition to two other Cooper-written episodes still to watch: "Aftermath" will air in October, followed later this fall by "Malice." The latter episode is both written and directed by Cooper.

Cooper first sat in the director's chair for "Crusade," the penultimate episode of Stargate SG-1's ninth season.  He went on to both write and direct the SG-1 series finale, "Unending," plus many of Atlantis's most memorable episodes: "Sateda," "Doppelganger," and "Vegas." He also wrote and directed SGU's celebrated first season episode "Time."

It's safe to say that Stargate would look very different without Cooper's inestimable influence as a writer, a producer, and eventually a fan-favorite director.  Behind the keyboard he has penned a vast number of ****c episodes in the franchise's 13-year, 16-season history.  Just a few highlights include SG-1's "The Torment of Tantalus," "The Fifth Race," "Nemesis,"  "Meridian," "Full Circle," "Heroes," and "Threads;" Atlantis's "Runner" and those episodes above that he also directed; and the aforementioned episodes of SGU, in addition to co-writing the SGU and Atlantis premieres.

GATEWORLD

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts
We'll have to see how this shakes up a possible season 3.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
Another nail in the SG1/A movie coffin i guess lol.