Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
I thought this episode was much better and more gripping. Im not understanding the rush part with him seeing "People" but the rest was good. Really didnt expect the one guy to die especially in the final way he did
themyrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 themyrmidon
Member since 2007 • 5567 Posts

It was a good episode, but I really don't like the cliffhanger ending (it felt inappropriate).  Also, two of the top 3 actor (Carlyle, Philips, Knepper) get barely any or no screentime.

At least in this  episode THEY ACTUALLY USE A STARGATE! 

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
I had a feling that Riley wasn't going to be aroud much longer when I saw that red head girl doing his job in the premeir.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

I'm kinda getting tired about all the hypothesizing about god. The first two shows basically left the issue ambiguous and left it up to viewers to contemplate it or not, it seems like this show is really stuck on pushing this half-hearted religious speculation. Other than that and an issue with the stargate I liked it. I really didn't like Young at first, he's starting to become a really engaging character. I'm really liking the darker direction of this show. Also, is it just me or are they making Eli a lot more unlikable?

As to the stargate thing, my big problem is how did they get it upright? Those things are supposed to be heavy as hell, and they couldn't even get the bulkhead off Riley's legs with anything they had in the shuttle. I was thinking that okay, you get the center hollowed out and it can be activated on it's side, but then how would they know which side was which? They could end up vaporizing themselves instead, but nope, they just sidestep that whole problem with the even more unlikely scenario that a handful of people with no lifintg equipment got a stargate uproght on their own.

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
I'm oretty sure the gate was upright just buried in rubble.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts

Are the gate symbols on both sides? Id assume that one side looks more like the front than the other and its never been said what happens if you go the opposite way into the stargate. Plus when it opens anyways the vortex shoots out and then you would know for sure.

As for the whole god thing, well SG1 has always been about the question of gods from the Goa'uld, to the ancients, and then the Ori.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

I'm oretty sure the gate was upright just buried in rubble.shockwave04

I'm bothered even more after going back and watching clips. When Grier finds the gate it is parallel with the graound surface, you can tell because you can see it curve. When they excavate it the bottom of the gate is buried in the ground, only now the gate is upright. Even with the explanation that it was always upright, that still seems to make less sense with the explosives scenario. Like with what Eli said, I thought that wouldn't matter as they could just concentrate the blast straight down through the middle of the gate, but if they're essentially blowing off the side of a hill I don't know how they do that without a blast sufficient enough to be amplified by the gate.

Are the gate symbols on both sides? Id assume that one side looks more like the front than the other and its never been said what happens if you go the opposite way into the stargate. Plus when it opens anyways the vortex shoots out and then you would know for sure.

As for the whole god thing, well SG1 has always been about the question of gods from the Goa'uld, to the ancients, and then the Ori.

Kurushio

That's true about the vortex, but they would still be screwed if the gate was lying the wrong way. I'm pretty sure it's been established that going through the wrong end of the gate results in vaporization.

As to the god thing, stargate has always dealt with superpowerful beings posing as gods, that's not what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about is characters constantly asking if there's a god and every single discussion about god being the same shallow discussion. "Do you believe in god?" "I just don't know," "OMG, deep." I'm finding it annoying.

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts
I liked it. The aqward last minute of Riley was shocking.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f923218dd223
deactivated-5f923218dd223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5f923218dd223
Member since 2005 • 654 Posts
There are things I liked and things I didn't. There's a lot of setup for future episodes with Rush figuring out some of Destiny's controls. What I really didn't like though was they mashed the reset button again. It's like everything gets resolved in the last 10 minutes of every episode and there's no impending danger that carries over from one episode to the next. The only exception to that is mid-season breaks and season finales where they always leave you hanging. They don't make me feel like I absolutely have to tune in next week to see what's going to happen.