Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts

Wow talk about ruining a guys shining moment. Mark Sanchez had a press conference to announce he was going to the NFL and Caroll complety threw the kid under the bus. Dude didn't even sit at the same table as Sanchez and just walked away after answering a few questions. "Blah Blah blah I dont agree with this move, he should of stayed". Shut the f*** up dude! Your supposed to support the guy like an actual coach. What a joke this is, simply not classy at all. Caroll can choke on some seaweed. 

Now I can see why that Ohio State player said he picked OSU over SC because they teach more about life and you feel like a family at OSU its not all football like in USC. 

LINK

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts
Another hissy fit by Caroll, priceless.
spfx30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 spfx30
Member since 2005 • 9945 Posts
F*** Caroll.
sith_acolyte15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 sith_acolyte15
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I'm totally shocked and surprised by this.

:lol:

I almost was able to say that with a straight face.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
Thats just how life is sometimes with Caroll
bjvb15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bjvb15
Member since 2004 • 508 Posts
Caroll has the right to talk trash on him. Sanchez thinks he is good enough for the NFL. Personally I think Caroll is right, he's not ready. Now if Sanchez actually makes a career out of the NFL, then trash Caroll all you want (I know you guys will trash Caroll even if he doesn't). If you don't approve of your players choices, why is it classy to support him? If Caroll knew he was going to go to the NFL this year, Sanchez never would have played. Caroll would have skipped over Sanchez, so he could invest in a sophmore or freshmen.
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 geaux321

Caroll has the right to talk trash on him. Sanchez thinks he is good enough for the NFL. Personally I think Caroll is right, he's not ready. Now if Sanchez actually makes a career out of the NFL, then trash Caroll all you want (I know you guys will trash Caroll even if he doesn't). If you don't approve of your players choices, why is it classy to support him? If Caroll knew he was going to go to the NFL this year, Sanchez never would have played. Caroll would have skipped over Sanchez, so he could invest in a sophmore or freshmen.bjvb15

Wow, I disagree with just about everything you said.  The head coach is supposed to be a mentor, somebody you look up to.  No coach should ever trash one of his players (especially in college), unless he has broken the law.  If they make the decision to skip their senior season, wish them luck and move on, it's not that hard.  If I was a recruit and I see a head coach trash one of their own players, there's no way I'd want to play for him.  And I highly doubt he would not have played Sanchez, they wouldn't compete for the National Title or even the Pac-10.

bjvb15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bjvb15

[QUOTE="bjvb15"]Caroll has the right to talk trash on him. Sanchez thinks he is good enough for the NFL. Personally I think Caroll is right, he's not ready. Now if Sanchez actually makes a career out of the NFL, then trash Caroll all you want (I know you guys will trash Caroll even if he doesn't). If you don't approve of your players choices, why is it classy to support him? If Caroll knew he was going to go to the NFL this year, Sanchez never would have played. Caroll would have skipped over Sanchez, so he could invest in a sophmore or freshmen.geaux321

Wow, I disagree with just about everything you said. The head coach is supposed to be a mentor, somebody you look up to. No coach should ever trash one of his players (especially in college), unless he has broken the law. If they make the decision to skip their senior season, wish them luck and move on, it's not that hard. If I was a recruit and I see a head coach trash one of their own players, there's no way I'd want to play for him. And I highly doubt he would not have played Sanchez, they wouldn't compete for the National Title or even the Pac-10.

You say mentor, Sanchez didn't listen to his mentor. Do you realize that he is no longer a college player after he announces he has left for the NFL. Totally agree with not trash talking college players (even if they break the law), sit the KID down and talk with him, and keep it out of the media. I don't see Sanchez as a KID.

As for Caroll not playing Sanchez, it was more of a hindsight thing. The Pac-10 was so bad this year, they could have won the conference without him. And lets face it, USC was out of the National Title talk after the Oregon State loss.

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
lol you are just backing the Pac-10 again cuz of where you live. Caroll acted like a little brat, we should be calling him the kid instead of Sanchez who acted like a pro even when Caroll was a d***.
sith_acolyte15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sith_acolyte15

Do you realize that he is no longer a college player after he announces he has left for the NFL.bjvb15

You obviously have no idea how wrong you are with that statement.

bjvb15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bjvb15

[QUOTE="bjvb15"]Do you realize that he is no longer a college player after he announces he has left for the NFL.sith_acolyte15

You obviously have no idea how wrong you are with that statement.

How am I wrong?  As soon as you say you are leaving for the draft, you can't back out.  You can still stay in school but you can never play college sports again.  Hence, you are no long a college player.

Espurs: I am not backing the Pac 10.  I could careless if this backfires on Caroll.  Just telling my opinion.  Sanchez made a grown up desision.  Now he will get grown up responses from people..

Personally I am not a fan of leaving early.  Get your degree.  If you get your degree and get hurt, you at least have a backup. plan.

sith_acolyte15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sith_acolyte15

How am I wrong?  As soon as you say you are leaving for the draft, you can't back out.  You can still stay in school but you can never play college sports again.  Hence, you are no long a college player.bjvb15

Yes, you can. As long as you don't sign with an agent, there is a deadline to back out of the draft. If before your team's bowl game, you announce that you're going pro, but don't sign with any agents, then after the game (but before the deadline) you change your mind, you still are allowed to play college football. Which part of that confuses you?

EDIT: Hell, he could even stay and get drafted and still return to college football. If he doesn't sign with an agent, then gets drafted, but doesn't sign with the team, he can still play in college.

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 geaux321

[QUOTE="bjvb15"]How am I wrong?  As soon as you say you are leaving for the draft, you can't back out.  You can still stay in school but you can never play college sports again.  Hence, you are no long a college player.sith_acolyte15

Yes, you can. As long as you don't sign with an agent, there is a deadline to back out of the draft. If before your team's bowl game, you announce that you're going pro, but don't sign with any agents, then after the game (but before the deadline) you change your mind, you still are allowed to play college football. Which part of that confuses you?

EDIT: Hell, he could even stay and get drafted and still return to college football. If he doesn't sign with an agent, then gets drafted, but doesn't sign with the team, he can still play in college.

Here's a link about what Brandon Lafell did this year.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#14 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts

Caroll has the right to talk trash on him. Sanchez thinks he is good enough for the NFL. Personally I think Caroll is right, he's not ready. Now if Sanchez actually makes a career out of the NFL, then trash Caroll all you want (I know you guys will trash Caroll even if he doesn't). If you don't approve of your players choices, why is it classy to support him? If Caroll knew he was going to go to the NFL this year, Sanchez never would have played. Caroll would have skipped over Sanchez, so he could invest in a sophmore or freshmen.bjvb15

Mark Richt didn't trash Stafford for his decision. He let it go and and said Cox is front-runner for QB next year. Is Sanchez ready? Probably not, but it's his decision and Carroll should at least PRETEND to support him. Besides, they stole Mitch Mustain from Arkansas. He should be perfectly fine next year.

LSUTIGERMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LSUTIGERMAN
Member since 2004 • 659 Posts

I agree with Caroll to a certain degree. Mark Sancehz simply isn't ready to go to the NFL yet based on his lone year as a fulltime starter. He only had great stats this year because of the poor defensive competition he faced this year in the PAC-10. Can you really blame Caroll for seeing this, or something more possibly in the practices?

However, I also agree with Sanchez going out this year instead of next so he can get some money. Because next year there's now telling where he'll go with all the QB talent entering the draft. So for that,yeah Pete's a jerk.

sith_acolyte15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sith_acolyte15
I agree with Caroll to a certain degree. Mark Sancehz simply isn't ready to go to the NFL yet based on his lone year as a fulltime starter. He only had great stats this year because of the poor defensive competition he faced this year in the PAC-10. Can you really blame Caroll for seeing this, or something more possibly in the practices?

However, I also agree with Sanchez going out this year instead of next so he can get some money. Because next year there's now telling where he'll go with all the QB talent entering the draft. So for that,yeah Pete's a jerk.LSUTIGERMAN

I don't disagree with what Pete had to say, just that he said it publicly.