Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 sith_acolyte15
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

This is how it breaks down for the individual conferences:

SEC: The #1 team. 2 top 10, 4 top 15.

Mid-Majors: The #2 team. 2 top 10 (both MWC), 3 top 15 (the third coming out of the WAC), and 4 top 25 (three coming from the MWC).

Pac-10: The #3 team. 2 top 10, 3 top 20.

Big 12: 2 top 5,  3 top 15, 5 top 20.

Big Ten: 2 top 10, 3 top 20, 4 top 25.

ACC: 1 top 15, 3 top 25.

Big East: 1 top 20, 2 top 25.

And people say the Big Ten is the laughing stock of college football?

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
The Big 10, 1-6 in Bowl games this year. Yeah, it's a joke.
sith_acolyte15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sith_acolyte15

The Big 10, 1-6 in Bowl games this year. Yeah, it's a joke.Bobbles

What seems to hurt the Big Ten in bowl games recently is Ohio State. They get put up into a BCS bowl they have no business being in, which means the rest of the conference has to play up themselves, likely into a game they have no business being in. It's one of the few times the "trickle down" effect is truly applicable. If Ohio State doesn't make it into that NC game last season, then Illinois is nowhere near the Rose Bowl, that way we only lose 1 BCS bowl, and likely win a for more lower bowl games. It's the same this year. If OSU doesn't get into the Fiesta bowl, I truly believe we win 4 bowl games.

Is it problematic that the Big Ten is struggling? Oh yeah. Is it entirely their "fault"? Not entirely, but something does need to happen. Now don't get me wrong, it is a joke how the Big Ten has done recently. They just aren't the lauging stock of college football.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
Who is? The ACC? The Big East? Neither conference gets overrated as much as the Big 10 does.
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts
1. Florida
2. USC
3. Texas
4. Oklahoma
5. Utah
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts

1. Florida
2. USC
3. Texas
4. Oklahoma
5. Utah
geaux321

Switch USC with Texas and that's my top 5. USC 2 good wins this year. OSU and Penn State. Both in their area, boo. 

spfx30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 spfx30
Member since 2005 • 9945 Posts
Utah #2. Excellent. :D
CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts

Who is? The ACC? The Big East? Neither conference gets overrated as much as the Big 10 does. Bobbles

Just because we are SAID to play good and don't doesn't mean we are the worst of them all. Personally I'm a Wisconsin fan and I think it was idiotic for them to be in a bowl game let alone the citrus bowl. Same goes for Ohio State and the fiesta bowl. But we don't choose to play the good teams in bowl games, the rankings do. Plus the "Neutral" fields in our bowl games are a joke. Face the top Pac-10 team in California? Face the only ACC team we can face on the southeastern end of the Atlantic Coast? Play all the bowl games against the SEC in the south? If it's the weather you're worrying about play a game at Ford Field. Doesn't mean we are the best conference, we should focus less on power and try to get the speed other conferences have.

FrodoZHobbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FrodoZHobbit
Member since 2008 • 435 Posts
WHy is Utah #2? Wow they beat Bama without there best player. Whoopty doo.
spfx30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 spfx30

WHy is Utah #2? Wow they beat Bama without there best player. Whoopty doo.FrodoZHobbit

Okay, then. Who would you have as second?

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 geaux321

[QUOTE="geaux321"]1. Florida
2. USC
3. Texas
4. Oklahoma
5. Utah
Espurs117

Switch USC with Texas and that's my top 5. USC 2 good wins this year. OSU and Penn State. Both in their area, boo. 

Maybe if the others in the Big 12 South showed up in their bowl games I'd be inclined to.

sith_acolyte15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sith_acolyte15

Who is? The ACC? The Big East? Neither conference gets overrated as much as the Big 10 does. Bobbles

Last I checked, nobody thought much of the Big Ten all season. The ACC on the other hand....

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#16 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
I'm glad to see Utah at #2 to e honest. And I'm POed that TTU stayed in front of Miss and Georgia, while Oregon jumped up to #10.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

2. USC
3. Texas
4. Oklahoma
5. Utah
Espurs117

I could go for either of your lists.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Espurs117
[QUOTE="Espurs117"]

2. USC
3. Texas
4. Oklahoma
5. Utah
geaux321

Maybe if the others in the Big 12 South showed up in their bowl games I'd be inclined to.

Meh, still gotta go with what they did all year long. Pac-10 had a great bowl season and I aint about to give them credit.

FrodoZHobbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FrodoZHobbit

[QUOTE="FrodoZHobbit"]WHy is Utah #2? Wow they beat Bama without there best player. Whoopty doo.spfx30

My top five

1. Florida

2. USC

3. OU

4. Texas

5. Utah

spfx30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 spfx30
[QUOTE="spfx30"]

[QUOTE="FrodoZHobbit"]WHy is Utah #2? Wow they beat Bama without there best player. Whoopty doo.FrodoZHobbit

My top five

1. Florida

2. USC

3. OU

4. Texas

5. Utah

UF at #1 is understandable. They won the "title game". But, USC and OU over UT? No way. UT >>> OU >>> USC. :|

FrodoZHobbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FrodoZHobbit
[QUOTE="FrodoZHobbit"][QUOTE="spfx30"]

[QUOTE="FrodoZHobbit"]WHy is Utah #2? Wow they beat Bama without there best player. Whoopty doo.spfx30

My top five

1. Florida

2. USC

3. OU

4. Texas

5. Utah

UF at #1 is understandable. They won the "title game". But, USC and OU over UT? No way. UT >>> OU >>> USC. :|

NOt at all true. LEts see what UT has, over-rated QB, bad D, QB who runs. Lets see What USC has, good O, best D in the country. OU, best QB in the country, best offense in the history of NCAA football, and a decent D.

spfx30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 spfx30
[QUOTE="spfx30"][QUOTE="FrodoZHobbit"][QUOTE="spfx30"]

[QUOTE="FrodoZHobbit"]WHy is Utah #2? Wow they beat Bama without there best player. Whoopty doo.FrodoZHobbit

My top five

1. Florida

2. USC

3. OU

4. Texas

5. Utah

NOt at all true. LEts see what UT has, over-rated QB, bad D, QB who runs. Lets see What USC has, good O, best D in the country. OU, best QB in the country, best offense in the history of NCAA football, and a decent D.

If OU's glorified offense and QB are so godly, then why couldn't they do s**t against UF? UT is better than OU (remember 45-35?). Think that was some fluke?

And as for USC, if they're as godly as OU, then why was semi-good OSU (who lost to Stanford and managed a measly 3 point defeat of Pitt) able to defeat them? I guess it was all due to those rowdy Beaver fans, right? :|

sith_acolyte15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sith_acolyte15

My top five

1. Florida

2. USC

3. OU

4. Texas

5. Utah

All of that pales in comparrison to the fact that UT beat OU, on a neutral site no less. And the "best QB in the country" did absolutely **** in the "championship game". And don't give me this "best offense in the history of NCAA football", if they were so damn good, they would've been able to move the ball 2 yards in the red-zone. All OU has in yet another BCS loss that many have said (yes, there were plenty of us that said it even before the game was played) they had no business even being in. Again.

FrodoZHobbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FrodoZHobbit
[QUOTE="FrodoZHobbit"][QUOTE="spfx30"][QUOTE="FrodoZHobbit"][QUOTE="spfx30"]

[QUOTE="FrodoZHobbit"]WHy is Utah #2? Wow they beat Bama without there best player. Whoopty doo.sith_acolyte15

My top five

1. Florida

2. USC

3. OU

4. Texas

5. Utah

All of that pales in comparrison to the fact that UT beat OU, on a neutral site no less. And the "best QB in the country" did absolutely **** in the "championship game". And don't give me this "best offense in the history of NCAA football", if they were so damn good, they would've been able to move the ball 2 yards in the red-zone. All OU has in yet another BCS loss that many have said (yes, there were plenty of us that said it even before the game was played) they had no business even being in. Again.

All of that pales in comparrison to the fact that TT beat UT.

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Espurs117

My top five

1. Florida

2. USC

3. OU

4. Texas

5. Utah

lmao. You are officially a dumbass to me. Overrated qb eh? lol how so? Because you hate Texas and like OU? Bad defense? What? LOL go look at the stats, then holla back playa. Having a QB who runs is a bad thing eh? Yup, smart argument there. Also Oklahomas defense is trash. Hey they did good vs FLorida! OMG! they only had 6 weeks to prepare. :lol:

Yeah but that OU/UT game tho, that didn't mean much. :| Read the sig buddy. 

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Espurs117
[QUOTE="sith_acolyte15"][QUOTE="FrodoZHobbit"][QUOTE="spfx30"][QUOTE="FrodoZHobbit"][QUOTE="spfx30"]

My top five

1. Florida

2. USC

3. OU

4. Texas

5. Utah

Damn are you smallminded. That game was in Lubbock. And they lost by a last second miracle catch. I don't think you understand how hard it it to win in Lubbock. Texas Tech is garbage outside of Lubbock, much like OU is outside of Norman. Want an example? Texas Tech was unranked last year and beat #4 Oklahoma by a big amount. Did you read that? Unranked Texas Tech, #4 Oklahoma. Not a ranked top 10 team like this year in which UT lost too, but an unranked garbage team. Texas beat Oklahoma on a Neutral field, what does Texas Tech have to do with OU vs UT? :|

spfx30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 spfx30
[QUOTE="sith_acolyte15"][QUOTE="FrodoZHobbit"][QUOTE="spfx30"][QUOTE="FrodoZHobbit"][QUOTE="spfx30"]

My top five

1. Florida

2. USC

3. OU

4. Texas

5. Utah

Look dude, I respect you, but I've gotta agree with sith and Espurs here (and not just to keep up the camaraderie). TT defeated UT, yes. But Espurs said it and I said it in the Tebow thread: TT defeated UT with one second remaining. The UF-OU game was over long before that.

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 geaux321

My top five

1. Florida

2. USC

3. OU

4. Texas

5. Utah

Well Ole Miss beat both Florida and Texas Tech so lets put them #1.

sith_acolyte15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sith_acolyte15
Seriously, what has OU done to actually suggest they are better than Texas? Other than lose to them.
Steelers_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 Steelers_86
Member since 2003 • 2268 Posts

Seriously, what has OU done to actually suggest they are better than Texas? Other than lose to them.sith_acolyte15

Stolen a Heisman that rightfully belonged to the 2009 BCS championship game offensive MVP?

spfx30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 spfx30
[QUOTE="FrodoZHobbit"][QUOTE="sith_acolyte15"][QUOTE="FrodoZHobbit"][QUOTE="spfx30"][QUOTE="FrodoZHobbit"][QUOTE="spfx30"]

[QUOTE="FrodoZHobbit"]WHy is Utah #2? Wow they beat Bama without there best player. Whoopty doo.geaux321

My top five

1. Florida

2. USC

3. OU

4. Texas

5. Utah

Well Ole Miss beat both Florida and Texas Tech so lets put them #1.

Good idea. :lol:

RTJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 RTJP
Member since 2006 • 508 Posts
Utah??? Utah!?!? UTAH!!! Cheehee! Go Utes! I havent noticed so much polynesians on that team. WOW