Cam Newton Offered Cash to Attend Miss State?

Steelers_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Steelers_86
Member since 2003 • 2268 Posts

Story from ESPN

This is such b.s. and I hope this gets cleared up before it has a chance to affect his Heisman hopes.

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts
We'll see what ends up happening, he's still eligible to play at Auburn.
Steelers_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Steelers_86

We'll see what ends up happening, he's still eligible to play at Auburn.geaux321

Yeah but he most likely wont be back next year :(

Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts
Not surprised.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
Don't know if its true or not. But this is just negative attention that Auburn and Newton really don't want.
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 geaux321
I just want to know why Urban Meyer advised Mullen to make this public.
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

I just want to know why Urban Meyer advised Mullen to make this public.geaux321

Jealousy. 

Steelers_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Steelers_86

I just want to know why Urban Meyer advised Mullen to make this public.geaux321

Where'd that come from?

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 geaux321

[QUOTE="geaux321"]I just want to know why Urban Meyer advised Mullen to make this public.Steelers_86

Where'd that come from?

You can find it here.

6. Why did Bond decide to come forward, and why now?

Bond said during a radio interview that he felt like the story would have been published anyway, and he only told the truth. Now, he says, he's being berated simply for doing the right thing.

The Auburn Bureau of the Press-Register, Birmingham News and Huntsville Times reported that Bond discussed the potential story several months ago with Mullen and Florida coach Urban Meyer. Meyer expressed anger at illegal recruiting and said he wanted to take the story public.

Meyer has denied that report through a spokesperson. Bond more or less denied it during the same radio interview. Mullen has a media teleconference today in which he said that he hadn't thought of Newton's recruitment since December and that he was convinced that everyone associated with MSU did the right thing.

7. Why did Meyer and/or Mullen care so much?

Well, they may still have their suspicions about the recruiting process.

Look at the timeline from MSU's perspective: The Bulldogs are convinced they are going to sign Newton, a beloved former pupil of Newton. They are allegedly solicited for cash by someone claiming to represent Newton. Newton subsequently signs with Auburn. He then makes statements on more than one occasion insinuating that he wanted to sign with MSU, but his father Cecil chose Auburn.

Suspicion doesn't equate to guilt -- as many have forgotten over the last few days -- but in the cut-throat world of SEC recruiting, you can bet MSU coaches were stewing about losing Newton.

I'm of the opinion that Meyer's alleged involvement, while interesting, is only tangential to the story. I can see why some fans might not be pleased, but reporters are glad that someone was willing to let this high-impact story see the light.

Steelers_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Steelers_86
[QUOTE="Steelers_86"]

[QUOTE="geaux321"]I just want to know why Urban Meyer advised Mullen to make this public.geaux321

Where'd that come from?

You can find it here.

Bond said during a radio interview that he felt like the story would have been published anyway, and he only told the truth. Now, he says, he's being berated simply for doing the right thing.

The Auburn Bureau of the Press-Register, Birmingham News and Huntsville Times reported that Bond discussed the potential story several months ago with Mullen and Florida coach Urban Meyer. Meyer expressed anger at illegal recruiting and said he wanted to take the story public.

Meyer has denied that report through a spokesperson. Bond more or less denied it during the same radio interview. Mullen has a media teleconference today in which he said that he hadn't thought of Newton's recruitment since December and that he was convinced that everyone associated with MSU did the right thing.

Look at the timeline from MSU's perspective: The Bulldogs are convinced they are going to sign Newton, a beloved former pupil of Newton. They are allegedly solicited for cash by someone claiming to represent Newton. Newton subsequently signs with Auburn. He then makes statements on more than one occasion insinuating that he wanted to sign with MSU, but his father Cecil chose Auburn.

Suspicion doesn't equate to guilt -- as many have forgotten over the last few days -- but in the cut-throat world of SEC recruiting, you can bet MSU coaches were stewing about losing Newton.

I'm of the opinion that Meyer's alleged involvement, while interesting, is only tangential to the story. I can see why some fans might not be pleased, but reporters are glad that someone was willing to let this high-impact story see the light.

So some reporter said it happened...Meyer and Bond both denied Meyer saying that....I don't see a lot of proof here...

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 geaux321
[QUOTE="geaux321"][QUOTE="Steelers_86"]

[QUOTE="geaux321"]I just want to know why Urban Meyer advised Mullen to make this public.Steelers_86

Where'd that come from?

You can find it here.

So some reporter said it happened...Meyer and Bond both denied Meyer saying that....I don't see a lot of proof here...

Just like everything else with this story...

Steelers_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Steelers_86
[QUOTE="Steelers_86"][QUOTE="geaux321"][QUOTE="Steelers_86"]

[QUOTE="geaux321"]I just want to know why Urban Meyer advised Mullen to make this public.geaux321

Where'd that come from?

You can find it here.

Just like everything else with this story...

I don't think he did anything wrong. I still consider him part of gator nation and i don't want anything bad to happen to him. There is currently no investigation... just a ton of finger pointing and its all ridiculous. This is an outside attempt of someone to unseat the SEC from their reign of football supremecy.

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 geaux321

Seriously, I'm laughing at all of this.  Tomorrow somebody is going to say that Cam stole lunch money from a kid in the 3rd grade.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
Seriously....?:? Even if he "did" cheat at Florida, that shouldn't have an effect on his Heisman votes for this season. But there will be plenty of voters who will forfeit their votes because of this.
CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts
Until there's proof there's no reason not to vote for him because of it. As for those saying that this is a way to hurt the SEC I didn't see any accusations against Mark Ingram.
spfx30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 spfx30
Member since 2005 • 9945 Posts

And now...

Heisman voters stick by Cam Newton

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 geaux321
Kenny Rogers just changed his story again.
spfx30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 spfx30
Member since 2005 • 9945 Posts

Kenny Rogers just changed his story again.geaux321

Truth, here it is:

Audio: Rogers Claims Cam's Dad Asked For Cash

Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Orlando_Magic
Member since 2002 • 37448 Posts

I'm just kind of curious when the laptop stealing story got changed around. Because I remember when it first happened the story was that Cam stole someone's laptop, and logged into the laptop with his UF ID, which is how they discovered Cam had the stolen laptop in the first place. Cops show up at his door and Cam chucks the laptop out of a second story window.

And I had always figured that this incident was the reason Cam transferred from UF to a Community College.

But I just saw the story being mentioned on ESPN.com but they said Cam only purchased a stolen laptop.

Steelers_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Steelers_86

I'm just kind of curious when the laptop stealing story got changed around. Because I remember when it first happened the story was that Cam stole someone's laptop, and logged into the laptop with his UF ID, which is how they discovered Cam had the stolen laptop in the first place. Cops show up at his door and Cam chucks the laptop out of a second story window.

And I had always figured that this incident was the reason Cam transferred from UF to a Community College.

But I just saw the story being mentioned on ESPN.com but they said Cam only purchased a stolen laptop.

Orlando_Magic

I believe he bought the laptop from someone and it had been stolen...but initially the report was that he stole it. No one ever proved that he took it, just that he had it.

I'm over this whole saga... where is the proof that Newton's dad asked for this money? We just keep getting stories from two MSU boosters...and those stories change everyday!!!! It would be a travesty if Cam doesn't get the Heisman because of all this garbage that no one can confirm.