Steelers_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Steelers_86
Member since 2003 • 2268 Posts

Cam Newton cleared to play per ESPN ... they say daddy Newton did shop him around though. Does this open up a can of worms in the future as far as parents shopping their kids around?

CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts
The question now is would the NCAA have done this if him and Auburn weren't so hot right now?
bobwjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 bobwjr
Member since 2002 • 967 Posts
He is only cleared to play. This has nothing to do with ongoing investigation. The bottom line is the FBI has been looking into a group of Auburn alumni boosters for some time. Cam's dad got mixed up with them with his pay for play. He took the money for sure. The case is too large and too much time invested for the Govt now to sidetrack it with Cam. Don't worry this will all come out in due time and I predict Cam will be a Reggie Bush twin and his dad potentially in prison. So. Cal was brought down on a whole lot less than what is going to come out of this. Just ask the fired AD and the biggest college coach of all, Pete Carrol how it worked out for them. Ask the new AD how less scholarships and no bowls works out on the biggest time college football program. They took down Moby Dick............they'll fry a much lesser program with a shakey reputation.....Auburn. I personally have been a huge Auburn fan going back to the Bo Jackson days, but I also see reality.......Auburn is struggling to buy as much time as they can to get thru this year. Grab the money....the sanctions are coming.
Steelers_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Steelers_86
Member since 2003 • 2268 Posts

He is only cleared to play. This has nothing to do with ongoing investigation. The bottom line is the FBI has been looking into a group of Auburn alumni boosters for some time. Cam's dad got mixed up with them with his pay for play. He took the money for sure. The case is too large and too much time invested for the Govt now to sidetrack it with Cam. Don't worry this will all come out in due time and I predict Cam will be a Reggie Bush twin and his dad potentially in prison. So. Cal was brought down on a whole lot less than what is going to come out of this. Just ask the fired AD and the biggest college coach of all, Pete Carrol how it worked out for them. Ask the new AD how less scholarships and no bowls works out on the biggest time college football program. They took down Moby Dick............they'll fry a much lesser program with a shakey reputation.....Auburn. I personally have been a huge Auburn fan going back to the Bo Jackson days, but I also see reality.......Auburn is struggling to buy as much time as they can to get thru this year. Grab the money....the sanctions are coming.bobwjr

Really? You were there? You saw him take it?

bobwjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bobwjr

[QUOTE="bobwjr"]He is only cleared to play. This has nothing to do with ongoing investigation. The bottom line is the FBI has been looking into a group of Auburn alumni boosters for some time. Cam's dad got mixed up with them with his pay for play. He took the money for sure. The case is too large and too much time invested for the Govt now to sidetrack it with Cam. Don't worry this will all come out in due time and I predict Cam will be a Reggie Bush twin and his dad potentially in prison. So. Cal was brought down on a whole lot less than what is going to come out of this. Just ask the fired AD and the biggest college coach of all, Pete Carrol how it worked out for them. Ask the new AD how less scholarships and no bowls works out on the biggest time college football program. They took down Moby Dick............they'll fry a much lesser program with a shakey reputation.....Auburn. I personally have been a huge Auburn fan going back to the Bo Jackson days, but I also see reality.......Auburn is struggling to buy as much time as they can to get thru this year. Grab the money....the sanctions are coming.Steelers_86

No but his dad is quaoted as saying the money from Auburn was too good to turn down
bobwjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bobwjr
The FBI has also been going thru his dad's Church financial records. You can lie to the NCAA all you like with no real actions taken but it is perjury to lie to the Govt.
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts
[QUOTE="Steelers_86"]

[QUOTE="bobwjr"]He is only cleared to play. This has nothing to do with ongoing investigation. The bottom line is the FBI has been looking into a group of Auburn alumni boosters for some time. Cam's dad got mixed up with them with his pay for play. He took the money for sure. The case is too large and too much time invested for the Govt now to sidetrack it with Cam. Don't worry this will all come out in due time and I predict Cam will be a Reggie Bush twin and his dad potentially in prison. So. Cal was brought down on a whole lot less than what is going to come out of this. Just ask the fired AD and the biggest college coach of all, Pete Carrol how it worked out for them. Ask the new AD how less scholarships and no bowls works out on the biggest time college football program. They took down Moby Dick............they'll fry a much lesser program with a shakey reputation.....Auburn. I personally have been a huge Auburn fan going back to the Bo Jackson days, but I also see reality.......Auburn is struggling to buy as much time as they can to get thru this year. Grab the money....the sanctions are coming.bobwjr

No but his dad is quaoted as saying the money from Auburn was too good to turn down

No he didn't, he said the money was too much.  You can take that a number of ways.

The FBI has also been going thru his dad's Church financial records. You can lie to the NCAA all you like with no real actions taken but it is perjury to lie to the Govt.bobwjr

The records have been combed through a while ago, and nothing was found.

bobwjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bobwjr
[QUOTE="bobwjr"][QUOTE="Steelers_86"]

[QUOTE="bobwjr"]He is only cleared to play. This has nothing to do with ongoing investigation. The bottom line is the FBI has been looking into a group of Auburn alumni boosters for some time. Cam's dad got mixed up with them with his pay for play. He took the money for sure. The case is too large and too much time invested for the Govt now to sidetrack it with Cam. Don't worry this will all come out in due time and I predict Cam will be a Reggie Bush twin and his dad potentially in prison. So. Cal was brought down on a whole lot less than what is going to come out of this. Just ask the fired AD and the biggest college coach of all, Pete Carrol how it worked out for them. Ask the new AD how less scholarships and no bowls works out on the biggest time college football program. They took down Moby Dick............they'll fry a much lesser program with a shakey reputation.....Auburn. I personally have been a huge Auburn fan going back to the Bo Jackson days, but I also see reality.......Auburn is struggling to buy as much time as they can to get thru this year. Grab the money....the sanctions are coming.geaux321

No he didn't, he said the money was too much. You can take that a number of ways.

Only time will tell but the investigation is ongoing and the NCAA and FBI are relentless when they smell a rat and back to your summary........do you personally think that Cam enrolled at Auburn for FREE after all thats come out? Another question.....lets say this happened prior to the season starting or early in the season or if Auburn was having a down year or if it was M St that he enrolled at? This is all about money at this point and with a potential BSC championship....alot of it. Next question......can they get by Steve Spurrier twice?

The FBI has also been going thru his dad's Church financial records. You can lie to the NCAA all you like with no real actions taken but it is perjury to lie to the Govt.bobwjr

The records have been combed through a while ago, and nothing was found.

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts

This did happen before the year.  Auburn knew about did it's search, checking the financial recrods phone calls, etc. and they didn't find anything, so that's why they played him.  If they found something then, Cam wouldn't have played.  Of course this would have come up at Miss St., that is where all this originated.  To this date, nothing has been said in Auburn's recruitment of Cam.

Â