Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

1.When you met him face to face at the spring? 

2. After you beat him? 

lordsettra12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 lordsettra12
Member since 2005 • 4213 Posts

1 He was a adverage villian pretty creppy, if Nitendo could have kept going with the creepy they had in this scene till the end he would have been a much better character

2 Nitendo screwed up, just turns out to be some whiny baby who looks awful. If they would have made him the main villian and tell more about his character it would of been great.

Zant was dissapointing he coulda been a great villian but nope.

OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
He was one of my favorite villians, until you battle him. Way too much of a wimp for my liking, and he shows his craving for power, as in he has none but wants it.
duckshack123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 duckshack123
Member since 2004 • 2786 Posts
I thought he was cool at first, but then he took his mask off and started acting like an idiot. Now he's just a stupid character.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

2. After you beat him?

Celsius765
1) He seemed like a very dangerous and likable villian, rivaling Ganondorf himself in evilness. He was dark, mature and somebody you just plain and simple would NOT want to mess with. 2) he was like a spoilt child, his voice was annoying, his behavior was moronic and his face was laughable. I was very disapointed with Zant.
Prattfactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6 Prattfactor
Member since 2005 • 1052 Posts
1-Sinister evil vilan...Seemed like the best 2- Very easy,but made for a fun fight...Kind of a baby though
02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 02sfraser
Member since 2005 • 671 Posts

1. Looks absolute tough and total batters you. (also quite scary)

2. Acts like a the wimp he is and shows his craving for power but i think it was a cool boss and it shows how ganondorf takes control of people like that.

I like him. I think he adds a nice touch to the game.

Toribor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Toribor
Member since 2005 • 3255 Posts
I loved him as a character. I was a bit suprised with his sudden change in the end, but I think that is the difference between him when he is "possessed" by Ganondorf and when he is not. They could have highlighted this change more, and it would have been great. He was definitely spooky at the begininning.
Happy_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Happy_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 4895 Posts
I loved every aspect of Zant. Some people don't seem to realize that Zelda is indeed a serious series, though it is also weird and abstract. Just look at Tingle. I think if Zant kept being a "badass" through the whole game, that would have been very predictable and boring.

Rob1219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Rob1219
Member since 2005 • 4492 Posts

2. After you beat him? 

Celsius765

1. Holy crap, Zant looks like a serious threat.

2. What a complete moron he was.

masterlinkx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 masterlinkx1
Member since 2007 • 141 Posts

1.Zant looks creepy!

2.havent got there yet.

glennwinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 glennwinton
Member since 2006 • 15480 Posts
I loved every aspect of Zant. Some people don't seem to realize that Zelda is indeed a serious series, though it is also weird and abstract. Just look at Tingle. I think if Zant kept being a "badass" through the whole game, that would have been very predictable and boring.
Happy_Cloud
I agree with him.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 metroid_dragon
[QUOTE="Happy_Cloud"]I loved every aspect of Zant. Some people don't seem to realize that Zelda is indeed a serious series, though it is also weird and abstract. Just look at Tingle. I think if Zant kept being a "badass" through the whole game, that would have been very predictable and boring.
glennwinton
I agree with him.

Sometimes predictability would have been better than the twist. And if you're wanting a twist, add in something better, like a badass Zant betraying a badass Ganondorf.
Happy_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Happy_Cloud
[QUOTE="glennwinton"][QUOTE="Happy_Cloud"]I loved every aspect of Zant. Some people don't seem to realize that Zelda is indeed a serious series, though it is also weird and abstract. Just look at Tingle. I think if Zant kept being a "badass" through the whole game, that would have been very predictable and boring.
metroid_dragon
I agree with him.

Sometimes predictability would have been better than the twist. And if you're wanting a twist, add in something better, like a badass Zant betraying a badass Ganondorf.

It's debatable, but I think Zant was still pretty badass despite being completely insane. In fact, I thought the fact that he had been reduced to madness made him even more so.
cokeruless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cokeruless
Member since 2003 • 29 Posts
1. Wow, what an awesome villan!!
2. What the hell just happened?....
I still liked him though, as previously stated, shows what being possessed by Ganondorf does to someone.
metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 metroid_dragon
[QUOTE="metroid_dragon"][QUOTE="glennwinton"][QUOTE="Happy_Cloud"]I loved every aspect of Zant. Some people don't seem to realize that Zelda is indeed a serious series, though it is also weird and abstract. Just look at Tingle. I think if Zant kept being a "badass" through the whole game, that would have been very predictable and boring.
Happy_Cloud
I agree with him.

It's debatable, but I think Zant was still pretty badass despite being completely insane. In fact, I thought the fact that he had been reduced to madness made him even more so.

he didn't even seem that insane though, just childish. I suppose he could be seen as insane, which is a bit better, but my first impressions made me jump to immature rather than insane. He seems too well organized in the forces he controls and his speach to be insane. It's just his actions that are weird. Still though, you're right, it's debatable.
Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Phantom5800
Member since 2006 • 10200 Posts
1- He looks really cool and evil (look at my sig for that impression) 2- He looks like a clown, hes gay why didnt Ganondorf kill him himself
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GamerGirlPwnz
Member since 2006 • 4501 Posts
He looks like a lizard thingy...freaky...and when he reveled his mouth I'm like...eck!!...
Happy_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Happy_Cloud
Well, we're all talking about Zant, which is what they want isn't it?

Remember, you're not always supposed to like the villain, in fact, ideally the player should hate the antagonist. Doesn't that make Zant a success?

Sure, a typically badass and awesome villain would have been cool, but that would be the easy option, and that's not what Zelda is about. Zant's character is far more complex than you would've thought, and isn't it great that the game managed to surprise you?

Also, I'd like to point out one more thing: If Zant was so naturally badass, then why would he wear a mask?

It's the traditional case of a villain's apparent power, which in the end turns out to be weakness, done in an unusual and interesting way.

Bravo Zant!

Avatar image for supermetroidfan
supermetroidfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 supermetroidfan
Member since 2004 • 19767 Posts

Zant was an interesting character. The real him makes me laugh, the way he acts and he's a crybaby. But that's also what's so great about him. We all expected him to be badass like his few appearances throughout the game made him appear to be. Then out of nowhere we get this laughable villain. It's genius. No one saw that coming. I like him. A villain that isn't your conventional villain. Cool fight also. He's crrrrrraaaaaaazzzzzzzyyyyyyy!!!

lordsettra12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lordsettra12
Member since 2005 • 4213 Posts
Well, we're all talking about Zant, which is what they want isn't it?

Remember, you're not always supposed to like the villain, in fact, ideally the player should hate the antagonist. Doesn't that make Zant a success?

Sure, a typically badass and awesome villain would have been cool, but that would be the easy option, and that's not what Zelda is about. Zant's character is far more complex than you would've thought, and isn't it great that the game managed to surprise you?

Also, I'd like to point out one more thing: If Zant was so naturally badass, then why would he wear a mask?

It's the traditional case of a villain's apparent power, which in the end turns out to be weakness, done in an unusual and interesting way.

Bravo Zant!
 Happy_Cloud
Zelda is to about the easy option ... all of the villians before have been weak undeveloped characters. Zants character was horrible it wasn't complex at all, he just whined about how the peaple wouldn't call him king and stuff like that and that isn't complex at all
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GamerGirlPwnz
Actually I would find Zant's character to be more mysterious. For he doesn't show his true self until later on in the game. He is always hiding behind his armor which would make players afraid of him, thinking that he is powerful and almighty. And he's really cool :D
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GamerGirlPwnz

Woops, sorry. Forgot to mention something. If the creators of Zelda didn't bring in a new antagonist (other than Ganon/Ganondorf) then wouldn't the game eventually get boring of the same old thing?

Happy_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Happy_Cloud
[QUOTE="Happy_Cloud"]Well, we're all talking about Zant, which is what they want isn't it?

Bravo Zant!
lordsettra12
Zelda is to about the easy option ... all of the villians before have been weak undeveloped characters. Zants character was horrible it wasn't complex at all, he just whined about how the peaple wouldn't call him king and stuff like that and that isn't complex at all

He wasn't childish, he was mentally insane, just look at his gestures.
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GamerGirlPwnz
[QUOTE="lordsettra12"][QUOTE="Happy_Cloud"]Well, we're all talking about Zant, which is what they want isn't it?

Bravo Zant!
Happy_Cloud

He wasn't childish, he was mentally insane, just look at his gestures.

Yep, gotta agree with that. But Zant is also very "scary-looking" and "feared-by-all". Only because he hides behind armor. So what? xD
bane1190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bane1190
Member since 2006 • 364 Posts

2. After you beat him? 

Celsius765
1.THought he was creepy. had sharp pointy teeth. whooped Midna and the light spirit. 2.Hmm...Where to begin. easy fight, funny face, annoying voice, and what's with that thing where he always moves his head. beacause of his mask you might think he like incredibly deformed, but really theres just a regular, grey, goofy face. Also, who thought the movie shown to you by the spirit of light was creepy and derranged?(I liked it)
hamiltonticats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hamiltonticats
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts
1. a cool, powerful character 2. a whiney baby that goes phsyco for power I thought Nintendo did a good job on Zant. Even though he is TOO crazy, the game wouldn't be as intriguing if he was the same as Ganondorf. Zant also contributed a bit of humour in the end to a very serious game. (when you meet him at his throne, you're like "What the heck? This guy is pathetic! I completley misinterpreted him in the beginning of the game!") Overall: the most interesting character I have ever encountered through all the games I've played. Character Score: 9.8
johnny139

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 johnny139
Member since 2005 • 4036 Posts

1. I thought he was amazing. Cruel, dictator-like, monstrous enemy. He could defeat a Light Spirit and dominate Link before he could draw his sword. Truely a threat; to both worlds.

2. Terrible. He's a baby throwing a temper tantrum. All of his power, all of his foreboding presense has been replaced with... a baby. Nintendo screwed up big time...

GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GamerGirlPwnz

Well, I still haven't beat the game yet, but so far, man oh man, Zant is a complete threat to me. I have no idea if he's going to show up somewhere or kill someone, but hey, when he does I'll be ready.... I hope... Lol. Meh, it doesn't matter though because...

[spoiler]

1. He can't kill Link because the game is all about Link until the very end

2. All he does is resurect creatures and make them face off against Link (but they always have a weak point)

3. And the most predictable, Ganondorf is going to show up...again... [/spoiler]

UrFaceIzDum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 UrFaceIzDum
Member since 2006 • 448 Posts
1.) Creepy at first, I realized he could probably kill me with his pinky finger if he really wanted to. Great first impression

2.) Then during the fight, I burst out laughing wondering why he freaked me out.

GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GamerGirlPwnz
Lmao, and evil villain can do things to you that way xD