Avatar image for 195838295502812842514091138119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 195838295502812842514091138119
Member since 2003 • 978 Posts

Is the Tingle in Wind Waker the same Tingle that is in Majora's Mask? he seems to be similar because of the whole map and fairy think but there is no way he could of survived for that long, being that the events in WW happen hundreds of years after MM, unless he actually is some type of (weird) fairy :?.

ocarina_jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#2 ocarina_jedi
Member since 2003 • 778 Posts
He also appears in the Minish Cap, as well as all of his little friends from Wind Waker (Ankle, Knuckle and whatever the rest of their names were). Maybe he really is a fairy. I have no idea where Minish Cap fits in any Zelda tmieline, but I bet its between MM even. That makes Tingle one old guy. Maybe he's some kind of Kokiri that left the forest and aged and then returned maybe years later? Maybe he leaves periodically and ages a little before returning there. Though that wouldn't explain how he remains after the forest is flooded in WW...
talon4001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 talon4001
Member since 2005 • 2900 Posts
maybe he is like link and keeps being reborn.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 195838295502812842514091138119

maybe he is like link and keeps being reborn.talon4001

But why would he be reborn for? he isn't a hero, he is the map guy, he doesn't deserve to live again.

nuck44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nuck44
Member since 2004 • 5152 Posts

[QUOTE="talon4001"]maybe he is like link and keeps being reborn.Nintendo_Gamer_Dan

But why would he be reborn for? he isn't a hero, he is the map guy, he doesn't deserve to live again.

:lol: so harsh, "he doesn't deserve to live again" hahah
Mr_Bob471

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Mr_Bob471
Member since 2005 • 687 Posts
That confused me to. Acording to his "official profile" He is a 35 year old man with a complete life goal around faries. I'm not sure how he is appearing in all these games, but it is possible that like Link there will always be another Tingle...........:shock:.
talon4001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 talon4001
maybe he is a trans-life stalker and will allways be born 15 (about) years before link so he can annoy link and be a doofus
DaAznSaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaAznSaN
Member since 2003 • 5656 Posts
If Tingle really is a fairy, then he could be one of the Great Fairies that somehow keep showing up in the games. I don't know how he manages to live through all these times but if the Great Fairies are still around, then why not Tingle.
zoradude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zoradude
Member since 2004 • 1073 Posts

He also appears in the Minish Cap, as well as all of his little friends from Wind Waker (Ankle, Knuckle and whatever the rest of their names were). Maybe he really is a fairy. I have no idea where Minish Cap fits in any Zelda tmieline, but I bet its between MM even. That makes Tingle one old guy. Maybe he's some kind of Kokiri that left the forest and aged and then returned maybe years later? Maybe he leaves periodically and ages a little before returning there. Though that wouldn't explain how he remains after the forest is flooded in WW...ocarina_jedi

He is also in OoA and I would assume Seasons as well.

DaAznSaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaAznSaN

[QUOTE="ocarina_jedi"]He also appears in the Minish Cap, as well as all of his little friends from Wind Waker (Ankle, Knuckle and whatever the rest of their names were). Maybe he really is a fairy. I have no idea where Minish Cap fits in any Zelda tmieline, but I bet its between MM even. That makes Tingle one old guy. Maybe he's some kind of Kokiri that left the forest and aged and then returned maybe years later? Maybe he leaves periodically and ages a little before returning there. Though that wouldn't explain how he remains after the forest is flooded in WW...zoradude

I don't think so. I believe his first appearance was in Majora's Mask.
Avatar image for Legend_O_Dragon
Legend_O_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Legend_O_Dragon
Member since 2004 • 7029 Posts
[QUOTE="zoradude"]

[QUOTE="ocarina_jedi"]He also appears in the Minish Cap, as well as all of his little friends from Wind Waker (Ankle, Knuckle and whatever the rest of their names were). Maybe he really is a fairy. I have no idea where Minish Cap fits in any Zelda tmieline, but I bet its between MM even. That makes Tingle one old guy. Maybe he's some kind of Kokiri that left the forest and aged and then returned maybe years later? Maybe he leaves periodically and ages a little before returning there. Though that wouldn't explain how he remains after the forest is flooded in WW...DaAznSaN

isnt he in oot?
BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BurningDragoon
Member since 2004 • 5134 Posts
[QUOTE="DaAznSaN"][QUOTE="zoradude"]

[QUOTE="ocarina_jedi"]He also appears in the Minish Cap, as well as all of his little friends from Wind Waker (Ankle, Knuckle and whatever the rest of their names were). Maybe he really is a fairy. I have no idea where Minish Cap fits in any Zelda tmieline, but I bet its between MM even. That makes Tingle one old guy. Maybe he's some kind of Kokiri that left the forest and aged and then returned maybe years later? Maybe he leaves periodically and ages a little before returning there. Though that wouldn't explain how he remains after the forest is flooded in WW...Legend_O_Dragon

isnt he in oot?

Yes he is. Men i love shooting him down just for fun.

RandomHero1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RandomHero1337
Member since 2004 • 3918 Posts
Well, Tingle has appeared in five LoZ games... which were Majora's Mask, Oracle of Ages (not Seasons), The Wind Waker, Four Swords Adventures, and The Minish Cap (in that order too) But the only thing that I'm not too sure about is the "relationship" between all of them. The only thing I've heard is that in most of the other games they are just descendants from the Tingle in MM, but I don't know if that's a fact or not.
wendis184

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 wendis184
Member since 2005 • 619 Posts
yes i always thought of tingle as some annoying little man that looks up to link but i never considered a connection between him throughout the zelda franchise i just thought it weird that he appeared in so many of the games
DaAznSaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaAznSaN
[QUOTE="Legend_O_Dragon"][QUOTE="DaAznSaN"][QUOTE="zoradude"]

[QUOTE="ocarina_jedi"]He also appears in the Minish Cap, as well as all of his little friends from Wind Waker (Ankle, Knuckle and whatever the rest of their names were). Maybe he really is a fairy. I have no idea where Minish Cap fits in any Zelda tmieline, but I bet its between MM even. That makes Tingle one old guy. Maybe he's some kind of Kokiri that left the forest and aged and then returned maybe years later? Maybe he leaves periodically and ages a little before returning there. Though that wouldn't explain how he remains after the forest is flooded in WW...BurningDragoon

isnt he in oot?

No, he's not in OoT. You shoot him down for a map in MM.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 195838295502812842514091138119
[QUOTE="zoradude"]

[QUOTE="ocarina_jedi"]He also appears in the Minish Cap, as well as all of his little friends from Wind Waker (Ankle, Knuckle and whatever the rest of their names were). Maybe he really is a fairy. I have no idea where Minish Cap fits in any Zelda tmieline, but I bet its between MM even. That makes Tingle one old guy. Maybe he's some kind of Kokiri that left the forest and aged and then returned maybe years later? Maybe he leaves periodically and ages a little before returning there. Though that wouldn't explain how he remains after the forest is flooded in WW...DaAznSaN

There is someone floating on a balloon in one of the games but I don't think its Tingle.

Edit: My mistake, It is Tingle in OoA :oops:.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 195838295502812842514091138119

If Tingle really is a fairy, then he could be one of the Great Fairies that somehow keep showing up in the games. I don't know how he manages to live through all these times but if the Great Fairies are still around, then why not Tingle.DaAznSaN

If he really is a fairy that could explain why he is still around. Why does he look the same, the great fairies changed their look. Maybe the great fairies aren’t the same fairies as the ones in Oot/MM and if they aren’t then why would he survive if they didn’t?

I really hope he isn't in the next game.

DaAznSaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaAznSaN

[QUOTE="DaAznSaN"]If Tingle really is a fairy, then he could be one of the Great Fairies that somehow keep showing up in the games. I don't know how he manages to live through all these times but if the Great Fairies are still around, then why not Tingle.Nintendo_Gamer_Dan

If he really is a fairy that could explain why he is still around. Why does he look the same, the great fairies changed their look. Maybe the great fairies aren’t the same fairies as the ones in Oot/MM and if they aren’t then why would he survive if they didn’t?

The reason the Great Fairies look different is probably because of the art style. Tingle is actually distinguishable, however, hence why he looks so much the same.

I don't know if fairies live in the "real world" of Hyrule. They could be like the Goddesses, who are omnipotent, or live in a different world/dimension.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 195838295502812842514091138119
[QUOTE="Nintendo_Gamer_Dan"]

[QUOTE="DaAznSaN"]If Tingle really is a fairy, then he could be one of the Great Fairies that somehow keep showing up in the games. I don't know how he manages to live through all these times but if the Great Fairies are still around, then why not Tingle.DaAznSaN

The reason the Great Fairies look different is probably because of the art style. Tingle is actually distinguishable, however, hence why he looks so much the same.

I don't know if fairies live in the "real world" of Hyrule. They could be like the Goddesses, who are omnipotent, or live in a different world/dimension.

You're probably right.

Im glad they changed the look of the great fairies, the ones in OoT were scary :shock:.

punky424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 punky424
Member since 2004 • 417 Posts
Why does everyone hate Tingle.
He's an Old Fairy, be nice..

AJ_THE_GREAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 AJ_THE_GREAT
Member since 2004 • 1167 Posts
Why does everyone hate Tingle.

punky424

He's a fat guy that charges too much for maps, a fairy poser and wears tights. What's not to hate?
zoradude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 zoradude
Member since 2004 • 1073 Posts
[QUOTE="DaAznSaN"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Gamer_Dan"]

[QUOTE="DaAznSaN"]If Tingle really is a fairy, then he could be one of the Great Fairies that somehow keep showing up in the games. I don't know how he manages to live through all these times but if the Great Fairies are still around, then why not Tingle.Nintendo_Gamer_Dan

You're probably right.

Im glad they changed the look of the great fairies, the ones in OoT were scary :shock:.

Hee hee pointy.

BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BurningDragoon
[QUOTE="BurningDragoon"][QUOTE="Legend_O_Dragon"][QUOTE="DaAznSaN"][QUOTE="zoradude"]

isnt he in oot?

No, he's not in OoT. You shoot him down for a map in MM.

Ok my bad. I thought i saw him in the OoT.

talon4001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 talon4001
[QUOTE="Nintendo_Gamer_Dan"][QUOTE="DaAznSaN"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Gamer_Dan"]

[QUOTE="DaAznSaN"]If Tingle really is a fairy, then he could be one of the Great Fairies that somehow keep showing up in the games. I don't know how he manages to live through all these times but if the Great Fairies are still around, then why not Tingle.zoradude

You're probably right.

Hee hee pointy.

yes they were sharp and scary, both in how they looked and how they laughed.

DaAznSaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DaAznSaN
[QUOTE="zoradude"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Gamer_Dan"][QUOTE="DaAznSaN"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Gamer_Dan"]

[QUOTE="DaAznSaN"]If Tingle really is a fairy, then he could be one of the Great Fairies that somehow keep showing up in the games. I don't know how he manages to live through all these times but if the Great Fairies are still around, then why not Tingle.talon4001

You're probably right.

Hee hee pointy.

yes they were sharp and scary, both in how they looked and how they laughed.

They always have the same laugh. :lol:
It always cracks me up, too.

DaAznSaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DaAznSaN
[QUOTE="punky424"]Why does everyone hate Tingle.

AJ_THE_GREAT

He's a fat guy that charges too much for maps, a fairy poser and wears tights. What's not to hate?

:o

I don't hate Tingle. Heck, he's the highlight of my Zelda sig.

It's because he's the complete opposite of a fairy that makes him so funny.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 195838295502812842514091138119

[QUOTE="punky424"]Why does everyone hate Tingle.

AJ_THE_GREAT

You free him from jail and he rips you off, wow isn't he the best :roll:.

btw: Doesn't adult Link wear tights?

DaAznSaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DaAznSaN

[QUOTE="AJ_THE_GREAT"][QUOTE="punky424"]Why does everyone hate Tingle.

Nintendo_Gamer_Dan

Yes, adult Link does wear tights. However, it's not like baggy pants or cargo shorts were the rage in his world.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 195838295502812842514091138119

DaAznSaN

Yes, adult Link does wear tights. However, it's not like baggy pants or cargo shorts were the rage in his world.

Actually the Gerudo women's pants are quite baggy :D.

BurningDragoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BurningDragoon

Nintendo_Gamer_Dan

hahahaha they did. And did i like fighting them, to extend the battle i tried to toy with them.

talon4001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 talon4001
[QUOTE="Nintendo_Gamer_Dan"][QUOTE="DaAznSaN"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Gamer_Dan"]

BurningDragoon

hahahaha they did. And did i like fighting them, to extend the battle i tried to toy with them.

it was fun to shoot the gaurds in the head, they made funny noises

DaAznSaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DaAznSaN

Nintendo_Gamer_Dan

Oh that's right! The Gerudos live in the desert so they need to wear loose clothing in the heat.
Beaver_Ben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Beaver_Ben
Member since 2003 • 423 Posts
So much could be said about TIngle...especially with those pants.
mantidor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mantidor
Member since 2004 • 1688 Posts
an excelent article about Tingle. In summary, what the author says is that hes hated for this simple reason: hes a fanboy, and some of us are kind of fanboys too, and thats what scare us, to end up like Tingle. Its very possible that in fact Tingle creators made him like some sort of inside joke about fanboys. Personally Id love to see Tingle in the next LoZ, just to see Matt from IGN crying like a baby about it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 195838295502812842514091138119

an excelent article about Tingle. In summary, what the author says is that hes hated for this simple reason: hes a fanboy, and some of us are kind of fanboys too, and thats what scare us, to end up like Tingle. Its very possible that in fact Tingle creators made him like some sort of inside joke about fanboys. Personally Id love to see Tingle in the next LoZ, just to see Matt from IGN crying like a baby about it.mantidor

I don't hate him because he is a fanboy, I hate him because he rips you off. If he truly were a fan he would give you the maps for free or at least for a cheaper price but he didn't. Let’s say Shigeru Miyamoto (sp?) needed a map would you make him pay alot of money for it? I know I wouldn't.

Avatar image for Legend_O_Dragon
Legend_O_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Legend_O_Dragon
Member since 2004 • 7029 Posts
an excelent article about Tingle. In summary, what the author says is that hes hated for this simple reason: hes a fanboy, and some of us are kind of fanboys too, and thats what scare us, to end up like Tingle. Its very possible that in fact Tingle creators made him like some sort of inside joke about fanboys. Personally Id love to see Tingle in the next LoZ, just to see Matt from IGN crying like a baby about it.mantidor
lol tingle owns...he brings some comic humpr to a generally serious game
natiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 natiko
Member since 2005 • 13284 Posts

[QUOTE="mantidor"]an article about Tingle. In summary, what the author says is that hes hated for this simple reason: hes a fanboy, and some of us are kind of fanboys too, and thats what scare us, to end up like Tingle. Its very possible that in fact Tingle creators made him like some sort of inside joke about fanboys. Personally Id love to see Tingle in the next LoZ, just to see Matt from IGN crying like a baby about it.Nintendo_Gamer_Dan

I don't hate him because he is a fanboy, I hate him because he rips you off. If he truly were a fan he would give you the maps for free or at least for a cheaper price but he didn't. Let’s say Shigeru Miyamoto (sp?) needed a map would you make him pay alot of money for it? I know I wouldn't.

Neither would I.
DaAznSaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DaAznSaN

[QUOTE="mantidor"]an article about Tingle. In summary, what the author says is that hes hated for this simple reason: hes a fanboy, and some of us are kind of fanboys too, and thats what scare us, to end up like Tingle. Its very possible that in fact Tingle creators made him like some sort of inside joke about fanboys. Personally Id love to see Tingle in the next LoZ, just to see Matt from IGN crying like a baby about it.natiko

Neither would I.

I don't think Tingle chargest that much for the maps in TWW. By the time I needed to gather the Triforce of Courage, I already had 3500 rupees, which was enough for me to decipher all of the maps at once.

Link isn't a celebrity in Hyrule or else everyone would be helping Link for free. Tingle is just trying to make a living. I don't know what he would use the rupees for when he has his own island but... who knows. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 195838295502812842514091138119
[QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Gamer_Dan"]

[QUOTE="mantidor"]an article about Tingle. In summary, what the author says is that hes hated for this simple reason: hes a fanboy, and some of us are kind of fanboys too, and thats what scare us, to end up like Tingle. Its very possible that in fact Tingle creators made him like some sort of inside joke about fanboys. Personally Id love to see Tingle in the next LoZ, just to see Matt from IGN crying like a baby about it.DaAznSaN

Neither would I.

I don't think Tingle chargest that much for the maps in TWW. By the time I needed to gather the Triforce of Courage, I already had 3500 rupees, which was enough for me to decipher all of the maps at once.

Link isn't a celebrity in Hyrule or else everyone would be helping Link for free. Tingle is just trying to make a living. I don't know what he would use the rupees for when he has his own island but... who knows. :P

Tingle sees Link as a fairy person and since Tingle is a fan of fairies wouldn't that make Link some what of a celebrity to Tingle 8).

rightmap4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rightmap4
Member since 2005 • 301 Posts
I found TIngle useful in Majora's Mask since his maps help a lot especially when the aliens invade that whateveritscalled Ranch. I do not understnad why you all hate him but i do understand that the maps cost a high amount of Rupees
DaAznSaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DaAznSaN
[QUOTE="DaAznSaN"][QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Gamer_Dan"]

[QUOTE="mantidor"]an article about Tingle. In summary, what the author says is that hes hated for this simple reason: hes a fanboy, and some of us are kind of fanboys too, and thats what scare us, to end up like Tingle. Its very possible that in fact Tingle creators made him like some sort of inside joke about fanboys. Personally Id love to see Tingle in the next LoZ, just to see Matt from IGN crying like a baby about it.Nintendo_Gamer_Dan

Neither would I.

Tingle sees Link as a fairy person and since Tingle is a fan of fairies wouldn't that make Link some what of a celebrity to Tingle 8).

I thought Tingle wants to be a fairy like the Great Fairies? You know, because Link isn't an actual fairy. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 195838295502812842514091138119
[QUOTE="Nintendo_Gamer_Dan"][QUOTE="DaAznSaN"][QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Gamer_Dan"]

[QUOTE="mantidor"]an article about Tingle. In summary, what the author says is that hes hated for this simple reason: hes a fanboy, and some of us are kind of fanboys too, and thats what scare us, to end up like Tingle. Its very possible that in fact Tingle creators made him like some sort of inside joke about fanboys. Personally Id love to see Tingle in the next LoZ, just to see Matt from IGN crying like a baby about it.DaAznSaN

Neither would I.

I thought Tingle wants to be a fairy like the Great Fairies? You know, because Link isn't an actual fairy. :P

I don't know what kind of fairy Tingle wants to be, I do know he thinks Link is one as he calls him Mr. Fairy when you first release him and also when you visit him on his island :D.

talon4001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 talon4001
tingle is a little confused by green clothing, he connects it to being a fairy, and pointy hats, I believe that these are the reasons he says in MM.
mantidor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mantidor
[QUOTE="DaAznSaN"][QUOTE="natiko"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Gamer_Dan"]

Neither would I.

But I think Tingle in tWW is a decendant of Tingle in MM. in MM he charged you because he needed to help his father, and the prices werent that high, in tWW its a descendant, which means the old Tingle left Termina and his descendants survived the flood, this guy, in tWW, is no longer that much of a loser, he actually has is own island and has a lot of money from his chart career, not to mention he makes all his poor brothers to work hard while he does nothing, he has come a long way from old Tingle imo.
ocarina_jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#45 ocarina_jedi
Member since 2003 • 778 Posts
Hmm ok, crazy theory here. Termina wasn't just another place, it was located in another dimension right? (I might be wrong on that point.) A parallel dimension, which would explain why some characters in MM and OoT were similar, and also why it was relatively simple to move back and forth between the two worlds. (Just go down the rabbit hole, Neo..err, Link.) Perhaps Tingle was able to leave Termina some time after the flood in tWW (meaning he didn't have to neccessarily survive it) and he came to be there and mistook the young Wind Waker for the young Hero of Time he once knew. Perhaps he made multiple trips out of Termina, explaining his appearance in multiple Zelda games. This would have to mean that time does not flow normally in Termina, or else Tingle would still be quite old.
LordRune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LordRune
Member since 2004 • 266 Posts

Hmm ok, crazy theory here. Termina wasn't just another place, it was located in another dimension right? (I might be wrong on that point.) A parallel dimension, which would explain why some characters in MM and OoT were similar, and also why it was relatively simple to move back and forth between the two worlds. (Just go down the rabbit hole, Neo..err, Link.) Perhaps Tingle was able to leave Termina some time after the flood in tWW (meaning he didn't have to neccessarily survive it) and he came to be there and mistook the young Wind Waker for the young Hero of Time he once knew. Perhaps he made multiple trips out of Termina, explaining his appearance in multiple Zelda games. This would have to mean that time does not flow normally in Termina, or else Tingle would still be quite old.ocarina_jedi

Crazy theory or not, that actually explains it quite well. Still, however old he may be, he still comes across as a creepy old guy. I'm not talking "oooo, scary," either. I'm talking "Hey little boy, want a popsicle? I've got loads in my basement!" creepy. Even for an apparently transdimensional being with a fairy fixation, the dude's got problems.:lol:

AJ_THE_GREAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AJ_THE_GREAT
Member since 2004 • 1167 Posts
[QUOTE="mantidor"]an excelent article about Tingle. In summary, what the author says is that hes hated for this simple reason: hes a fanboy, and some of us are kind of fanboys too, and thats what scare us, to end up like Tingle. Its very possible that in fact Tingle creators made him like some sort of inside joke about fanboys. Personally Id love to see Tingle in the next LoZ, just to see Matt from IGN crying like a baby about it.Legend_O_Dragon

No, that guy who owns the game shops in TWW is funny.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 195838295502812842514091138119

[QUOTE="ocarina_jedi"]Hmm ok, crazy theory here. Termina wasn't just another place, it was located in another dimension right? (I might be wrong on that point.) A parallel dimension, which would explain why some characters in MM and OoT were similar, and also why it was relatively simple to move back and forth between the two worlds. (Just go down the rabbit hole, Neo..err, Link.) Perhaps Tingle was able to leave Termina some time after the flood in tWW (meaning he didn't have to neccessarily survive it) and he came to be there and mistook the young Wind Waker for the young Hero of Time he once knew. Perhaps he made multiple trips out of Termina, explaining his appearance in multiple Zelda games. This would have to mean that time does not flow normally in Termina, or else Tingle would still be quite old.LordRune

Crazy theory or not, that actually explains it quite well. Still, however old he may be, he still comes across as a creepy old guy. I'm not talking "oooo, scary," either. I'm talking "Hey little boy, want a popsicle? I've got loads in my basement!" creepy. Even for an apparently transdimensional being with a fairy fixation, the dude's got problems.:lol:

But instead of inviting him down into his basement for popsicles he invites Link to visit him on his private island for maps :shock:.

natiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 natiko
Member since 2005 • 13284 Posts
[QUOTE="LordRune"]

[QUOTE="ocarina_jedi"]Hmm ok, crazy theory here. Termina wasn't just another place, it was located in another dimension right? (I might be wrong on that point.) A parallel dimension, which would explain why some characters in MM and OoT were similar, and also why it was relatively simple to move back and forth between the two worlds. (Just go down the rabbit hole, Neo..err, Link.) Perhaps Tingle was able to leave Termina some time after the flood in tWW (meaning he didn't have to neccessarily survive it) and he came to be there and mistook the young Wind Waker for the young Hero of Time he once knew. Perhaps he made multiple trips out of Termina, explaining his appearance in multiple Zelda games. This would have to mean that time does not flow normally in Termina, or else Tingle would still be quite old.Nintendo_Gamer_Dan

But instead of inviting him down into his basement for popsicles he invites Link to visit him on his private island for maps :shock:.

:lol: Then he robs you(after....whatever he did...)
mantidor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mantidor
[QUOTE="Legend_O_Dragon"][QUOTE="mantidor"]an excelent article about Tingle. In summary, what the author says is that hes hated for this simple reason: hes a fanboy, and some of us are kind of fanboys too, and thats what scare us, to end up like Tingle. Its very possible that in fact Tingle creators made him like some sort of inside joke about fanboys. Personally Id love to see Tingle in the next LoZ, just to see Matt from IGN crying like a baby about it.AJ_THE_GREAT

No, that guy who owns the game shops in TWW is funny.

that has to be one of the funniest characters in any game.