Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

It's a showdown between the two fairy's that appeared in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. So which one do you like better (which one was more helpful, nicer, etc). I'd have to say Tatl just cuzshe didn't stop you every five seconds to explain what everything was about and didn't give away all the enemies weaknesses. Although Tatl is a bit rude I think Ifavour Tatl over Navi. Although Navi's name is better.

Tatl's brother Tael. Hah that's a bit of Nintendo humour there ^_^. I think Tael should've helped you instead of Tatl. Because Tael had a cool dark glow around him. Tatl's yellow. And Tael wasn't mean.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Gary_Jinfield
Member since 2005 • 6614 Posts

Tatl actually had a personality though.:P All Navi did was provide information on various events and factors. There was nothing more to Navi except her role as a game mechanic and it is difficult to see her and Link really bond.

Of course we know that Link did indeed bond with Navi, as he goes looking for her after Oot... Nintendo just had a lousy way of showing it.:P

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
I really like Navi, she was nice and actually cared about you. Tatl, on the other hand, just tagged along because she wanted to find her brother ( Who she got seperated from, because she was too busy attacking you when the door was closing :roll: )
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

Tatl actually had a personality though.:P All Navi did was provide information on various events and factors. There was nothing more to Navi except her role as a game mechanic and it is difficult to see her and Link really bond.

Of course we know that Link did indeed bond with Navi, as he goes looking for her after Oot... Nintendo just had a lousy way of showing it.:P

Gary_Jinfield

Hmm I'm not so sure anymore about Link going to see Navi after OoT. In Majora's Mask he went looking for an old friend but Navi was never mentioned once. I think the old friend was the Skull Kid believe it or not. I just read an article on some other site that went on to explain that Skull Kid's the old friend and how the story makes sense if he is.

Check this out: http://www.zeldauniverse.net/content/view/34/58/

It's real weird. Makes you think :P.

metroid_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 metroid_dragon
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts
Tatl had personality and was an individual in the game, as opposed to Navi who was more just a feature to help you out when you got stuck. Tatl is so muchn better than Navi in every way imaginable. (And Tatl is obviously the more attractive of the two)
Nelo100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nelo100
Member since 2006 • 1318 Posts
Oh, sure...... a yellow lightbulb with wings is much more attractive than a blue lightbulb with wings. :PMy point is, maybe you could show a picture
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

Dark_Link142

Hmm I'm not so sure anymore about Link going to see Navi after OoT. In Majora's Mask he went looking for an old friend but Navi was never mentioned once. I think the old friend was the Skull Kid believe it or not. I just read an article on some other site that went on to explain that Skull Kid's the old friend and how the story makes sense if he is.

Check this out: http://www.zeldauniverse.net/content/view/34/58/

It's real weird. Makes you think :P.

What would make the Skull Kid more special then any other character Link meets in Oot? At most you only have to talk to him twice, (assuming this is the Skull Kid that sat atop that pillar) both times rather insignificant moments. (A piece of heart and the mask side quest) Then there is the assumption that Link has met this Skull Kid before, which he may or may not have. All the Skull Kid says is that Link seems familiar, which he would if the Skull Kid was familiar with the Lost Woods and nearby inhabitance. (I do assume it was the Skull Kid on the pillar though)

Navi makes a lot more sense, considering she was with Link the whole time and would be the character Link most bonded with. Link's destiny was not simply start the journey, but to save Hryule from Ganon, after which Navi promptly left Link.

If the Skull Kid was the friend Link was looking for, why would he leave right away after saving Termina? Surly if he was the friend, there would have been a clearer statement on said friendship?

Navi may never be mentioned by name due to Link's failure to find her. It also helps set up the state of isolation for Link that is experienced throughout the game due to his time travel antics. Intriguingly, the Skull Kid was also alone, which resulted in his grudge against those who deserted him.

Above all however, Navi is the solution that requires the least speculation. Often times, the more simple solutions are the more accurate answers.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
Tatl, she was more interesting and had some spunk! :)
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#9 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
Navi... the originals are almost always better. :P Tatl was pretty good as well, but Navi had more of a sense of importance in the game.
pokedude1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 pokedude1991
Member since 2007 • 5596 Posts
I live navi
lyoko411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lyoko411
Member since 2007 • 591 Posts
tatl. i hated navi she was annoying. so i tried putting navi in a bottle but that didnt work. :evil:
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DJ-Lafleur

tatl. i hated navi she was annoying. so i tried putting navi in a bottle but that didnt work. :evil:lyoko411

That's not going to work, you have to go to the fishing pond and use her as bait for the fish. you'll get rid of Navi and catch a huge fish! :twisted:

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gary_Jinfield

Well if you really want to get rid of Navi, it is possible to get her stuck between the Spiritual Stones after they are used to open the Door of Time.

Then you can be free from her forever! As long as you don't leave the Temple of Time...

GunnerVIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GunnerVIII
Member since 2006 • 4135 Posts
Navi because she was YOUR actual fairy. Tatl was just borrowed.
radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts
Navi is yours, Tatl is a friend. Tatl was able to tell you about things by using a loud but not to loud ding noice. She had some spunk and had character. She played apart in the story. Navi was only in the beginning and the end as a noticible character. Tatl would often speak in certain conversations and also seemed to know if something was a little bit wrong. If you went with Navi to the curiosity shop he'd just tell you the info while screaming "listen". Tatl would ping, say whats happening then probably say something like the shop keeper seems odd. That was probably a bad example but hopefully you get what I mean. Navi says Info and screams. Tatl says info, sometimes give her opinion and ping.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gary_Jinfield

Technically, Navi wasn't even Link's fairy, he simply "borrowed" her for his adventure in Ocarina of Time, which may be supplemented by her departure at the very end of the game.

That is not to say that Link never developed with the fairy, just that as a Hylian, he was never really entitled to one in the first place.

What is the whole deal with those types of fairies in Ocarina of Time anyways? What happened to them in the Wind Waker? Some rather intriguing questions...

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DJ-Lafleur

Technically, Navi wasn't even Link's fairy, he simply "borrowed" her for his adventure in Ocarina of Time, which may be supplemented by her departure at the very end of the game.

That is not to say that Link never developed with the fairy, just that as a Hylian, he was never really entitled to one in the first place.

What is the whole deal with those types of fairies in Ocarina of Time anyways? What happened to them in the Wind Waker? Some rather intriguing questions...

Gary_Jinfield

Well, we got to see fairies in Phantom hourglass, which is a sequel to WW.

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

DJ-Lafleur

But the faries are not made exclusive partners with a particular race. In regards to WW, what happened to the fairy guardians of the Kokiri? They don't seem to be present...

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DJ-Lafleur
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

Gary_Jinfield

But the faries are not made exclusive partners with a particular race. In regards to WW, what happened to the fairy guardians of the Kokiri? They don't seem to be present...

maybe they went on vacation. :|

Temotei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Temotei
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts
I think Link was looking for Navi because he hated her and wanted to wipe her off the face of the galaxy. I favor Tatl, even though she is also annoying. I prefer the whole solo thing going for video games. Epona is the only sidekick I like in Zelda.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gary_Jinfield
[QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"][QUOTE="Gary_Jinfield"]

DJ-Lafleur

maybe they went on vacation. :|

What would they vacation from? All they do is just float there, taking up space...

Its starting to make more sense to me.

radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts
Koroks fly because the way they evolved is by eating fairies...
MarkRamsey2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MarkRamsey2004
Member since 2004 • 1587 Posts

Navi

Mr_Bob471

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Mr_Bob471
Member since 2005 • 687 Posts
Tatl by far! She knew when to keep her mouth shut and when she did not, she provided real helpful information :). Besides that, she had a great deal more personality, which is always a good thing.
Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gary_Jinfield

Koroks fly because the way they evolved is by eating fairies... radicalplace

Could be a possibility.:P

Anyone who hadn't eaten a fairy would not have survived... Hence only Koroks would remain.

sc_ajk29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 sc_ajk29
Member since 2007 • 564 Posts

Navi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tatl.

Tatl is the most annoying video game character I've ever seen. She screams at you about everything, constantly puts you down, and whines and complains about everything. I seriously wanted to take my sword and impale her skull on it... Whereas Navi was very friendly, and was very helpful as well. She actually cared about Link!!! And Tatl's "bike bell" noise was 10000000000000000x more annoying than Navi's "Hey," if you could even call Navi's "Hey" annoying.

waZelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#27 waZelda
Member since 2006 • 2956 Posts
My favorite fairy is Ciela, however if I had to choose between Navi and Tatl, I'd say Navi. I feel like Tatl has more personality, but in a very annoying way.
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
Navi, Tatl was just interested in her brother.
ShinoGenjutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 ShinoGenjutsu
Member since 2007 • 2561 Posts
Navi definetly. Her annoying nature is what made her so fun. That "Hey!" as your blitzing across hyrule feild on epona's back just made everyhitng s great