kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

Yuna's hairstyle changed significantly during the transition between FFX and FFX-2.

And, one can say that Yuna's hair turned really "spiky" in FFX-2. Is it because she thinks of Tidus too much, that her brain stimulates hair growth the way Tidus' hair grew?

This is my first series of Joke Topics i'm going to start for discussion. Really, you can talk about anything about the respective topic, in this case, "Yuna's Hair". From logical explanations to totally absurb explanations, just say it. It'll stimulate brain growth for you too! Get some imagination in here, now!

But, please be reminded that no matter how ridiculous your thoughts are, please refrain from using any offensive / religious / racist language and content here. 

gman56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 gman56
Member since 2004 • 6542 Posts
Yeah lol, I guess when somebody thinks of somebody with Spiky Hair too much their own hair gets spikey. :lol:
joeadonis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 joeadonis1
Member since 2004 • 1567 Posts
I think its because Square enix wouldnt allow a main character to have less than 2 pints of hair gel. They must have some holdings in a hair care manufacturer.
ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 ffxjunky06
Member since 2006 • 8351 Posts
Well the thing with Japan these days s that they long for Long and Spikey hair and so they create game Characters liek that also. Spikey hair is the new long hair (or so to speak). It will die down in about 6-7 more years and if not, well, then the world will end.:lol: Just Joking.:P
TheOdinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 TheOdinson
Member since 2006 • 6232 Posts
I think the entire concept of video game character hair is pretty crazy. They create some of the most insane styles and concepts for hair that I don't always understand it. FF has been somewhat tame on the whole, with only main characters having totally wild hair cuts, but I think for once the shift in Yuna was intentional and very good. They showed that shift into the more free, easy going gunner style Yuna, and I think it works very well. Honestly I just don't think Yuna would look right with her summoner hair and that gunner outfit.
Melee_Ace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Melee_Ace
Member since 2005 • 1297 Posts

FF has been somewhat tame on the whole, with only main characters having totally wild hair cutsTheOdinson

Just look at Seymour!

ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 ZhenDash
Member since 2006 • 1483 Posts
Yuna's outfit has a lot symbolism 
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kinetic-core

Yuna's outfit has a lot symbolism  ZhenDash

e-x-p-l-a-i-n. ??

i think i see tidus' necklace's design somewhere on her outfit, now that you mention it... :)

TheOdinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheOdinson

[QUOTE="TheOdinson"]FF has been somewhat tame on the whole, with only main characters having totally wild hair cutsMelee_Ace

Just look at Seymour!

Oh wow, one example, my fault, my entire point has been ruined. :wink: I think villains have always had a very different look than the heroes, if you really think about it. They always have some crazy outfit that is all elaborate and crazy hair too, that is just part of the package. Outside of Sephiroth the bosses are almost always very distinct in both character and appearance, apparently that is what makes them evil, thier bad fashion sense.

kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kinetic-core

there's always this eevvvvvvviiiiillllll look in their eyes. :twisted:

I think sephy was the most handsome looking one. You never really know that he IS the real villian right from the start. In fact, he looks just like any handsome looking main character... :?

TheOdinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheOdinson

I think that is one of the draws in FFVII, the villain doesn't look all that evil, but he is, and he doesn't look stupid either, once he shows his true colors you can see the evil in him, but until then he could easily be a helpful guy. But when you see people like Kefka, Seymour, Kuja, and Edea/Ultimecia, you know they can't be good, they dress like mental patients.

Night_Frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#12 Night_Frost
Member since 2005 • 1617 Posts

there's always this eevvvvvvviiiiillllll look in their eyes. :twisted:

I think sephy was the most handsome looking one. You never really know that he IS the real villian right from the start. In fact, he looks just like any handsome looking main character... :?

kinetic-core

I did notice that when I first looked at Sephiroth, he seemed almost like the coolest good guys ever...than I found out he was the coolest bad guy ever.

As for the hair thing, I did notice that trend in games from Japan, mainly spikey hair, like Cloud's hair, long and spikey...really long, but it seperates the characters from the crowd, much like their clothing, I did notice after watching Advent Children that Cloud and Tifa's clothing stood out from the crowd...literally, when Tifa ran through the scared crowd of people, you can instantly point out Tifa, which is good cause that way you know who's your good guy

kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kinetic-core

do you know why they stand out? Because they ARE celebrities!! :D simple.. that's why you can see all those funny hairstyles and costumes they have. Take real life for example, do you actually see people with hairstyle and wearing clothes the stars wear at the award ceremonies?

They are special......

CBThur13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 CBThur13
Member since 2004 • 75 Posts
man dont you think yuna looks alot hotter in FFX-2 then in FFX. :D
Avatar image for Ultima-Fantasy1
Ultima-Fantasy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ultima-Fantasy1
Member since 2006 • 1662 Posts

i think her hair went spikey and her out fit changed because she saw a sphere of how she looked and thought that she best change fast, lol, i also think she was inspired a lot by tidus her hair is similar and her outfit has tidus's neclace's design on it, also when in the warior costume she uses the brotherhood sword. although i think she looks like tidus i also think she resembles lara croft with the pistols, and hot pants and other things to. maybe square merged tidus yuna and lara together and thats what they ended up with

kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kinetic-core

wow, nice insight. I still believe that too much thoughts on Tidus has changed the way she look in FFX-2. :)

Ultima-Fantasy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ultima-Fantasy1

i'm glad your like it, also dont you think ashe slightly resembles yuna FFX-2, or maybe its just me i dunno, tell me what you think

kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kinetic-core
i think the girl in FFXIII looks more like Yuna from X-2. I swore i saw yuna in the E3 FFXIII trailer when the FFXIII gril was shooting her enemies in mid-air, and upside down. :?
Ultima-Fantasy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ultima-Fantasy1
yeah i see what you mean