DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 DRUNK_CANADIAN
Member since 2005 • 1972 Posts
New Genres in FF whats your take... what do you like? What do you hate.?

Do you like FFXII's battle system?

Do you like FFVII Dirge of Cerebus shooter style?

Any thoughts on the changes...feel free to post and make recommendations
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts
For one, i actually like FFXII's battle system. In the actual world, we're always lookin for newer things. You probably would start to look at Turn-Based FFX with another point of view right now. The FF battle system has always been changing, and there is hardly a single FF with a "same" battle system. FFXII was an exciting new venture for its genre, and i think it worked out really well with the Gambits. As for DoC, let's just not mention it, it's just another effort for SE to bring in more cash, but still, it's their first attempt on a shooter game, let's be more optimistic that they may do better in this.
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DRUNK_CANADIAN
actually core you raise a valid arguement...however...Dirge of the Cerebus in my opinion, did lack the gameplay of the other FF, the story however I must say was well planned and produced numerous connections to other games such as Crisis Core

(if you want to here my theory PM me)

But ya the battle system in FFVII is unique in the leveling/class fields as all FF are, yet the lessened control over the party is a downfall albeit this new genre (well old genre really) will bring new elements to FF, eventually they could make more immersive and stragetic boss battles, prehaps FFXII is the beginning, but we must look at FFXIII as well, as it seems they plan to change the entire battle genre again
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
New Genres in FF whats your take... what do you like? What do you hate.?

Any thoughts on the changes...feel free to post and make recommendationsDRUNK_CANADIAN
A shooter is not a bad idea. DoC was very poorly executed

FFXII's battle system is a much needed change

I hate the fact that FFXIII looks more like a Phantasy Star game than it does a Final Fantasy game. Next thing you know, it will have light swords in it
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DRUNK_CANADIAN

[QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]New Genres in FF whats your take... what do you like? What do you hate.?

Any thoughts on the changes...feel free to post and make recommendationsfs_metal

I hate the fact that FFXIII looks more like a Phantasy Star game than it does a Final Fantasy game. Next thing you know, it will have light swords in it

Square Enix: My GOD light swords....this man is a gaming visionary!!! Plants for FF XIV light swords, space ships, and a giant death ball, Sci Fi to the max!!

Your notion is correct, I am leery about FFXIII aswell....seems to far out there... I like to have some reality to my games....

But i must make a note, did anyone aside from me find that FFXII has sorta bland characters, overall game was good, but compared to past games i found it a lil diluted

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]New Genres in FF whats your take... what do you like? What do you hate.?

Any thoughts on the changes...feel free to post and make recommendationsDRUNK_CANADIAN

Square Enix: My GOD light swords....this man is a gaming visionary!!! Plants for FF XIV light swords, space ships, and a giant death ball, Sci Fi to the max!!

Your notion is correct, I am leery about FFXIII aswell....seems to far out there... I like to have some reality to my games....

But i must make a note, did anyone aside from me find that FFXII has sorta bland characters, overall game was good, but compared to past games i found it a lil diluted

If you are talking about the character design, I found it to be a huge step up from Nomura games. Alot of his characters look similar to one another. The FFXII characters don't. Each looks completely different and unique from one another.

Personality wise, no one had better complain about them. The personalities are excellent
Brian_WCU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Brian_WCU
Member since 2005 • 313 Posts
I would love to see a return to medieval style ff, 12 had a lot of elements of it, but not really all there with the whole starwars sky battles/guns and whatnot. Or even go to a bronze age, egyptian/greek style would be very unique and different for SE imo. SE has the tools to make a good shooter, they just got to put some real effort into it. I haven't played it yet, but I will have to go with the 95% majority on this one. FF13- seems to be geared towards all tech, which is fine, just seems like they have been heavy on the whole tech deal since ff7 (minus 9 anyways).
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DRUNK_CANADIAN
[QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]New Genres in FF whats your take... what do you like? What do you hate.?

Any thoughts on the changes...feel free to post and make recommendationsfs_metal

Your notion is correct, I am leery about FFXIII aswell....seems to far out there... I like to have some reality to my games....

If you are talking about the character design, I found it to be a huge step up from Nomura games. Alot of his characters look similar to one another. The FFXII characters don't. Each looks completely different and unique from one another.

Personality wise, no one had better complain about them. The personalities are excellent

I just found that it would be nice to see some Bagaas or Moogles in the main character lineup as opposed to all humes and a single Viera, I dunno, but ya personality wise they seemed good in FFXII, i mean they did have like what...six years to perfect it>?

DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DRUNK_CANADIAN

I would love to see a return to medieval style ff, 12 had a lot of elements of it, but not really all there with the whole starwars sky battles/guns and whatnot. Or even go to a bronze age, egyptian/greek style would be very unique and different for SE imo. SE has the tools to make a good shooter, they just got to put some real effort into it. I haven't played it yet, but I will have to go with the 95% majority on this one. FF13- seems to be geared towards all tech, which is fine, just seems like they have been heavy on the whole tech deal since ff7 (minus 9 anyways). Brian_WCU

I agree with your analysis, however I am in preferance to a modern style or 1900 setting, as I feel the reality is often well captured and coincides with the enviroment

But ya, it seems things have been increasingly going more Hi tech in FF or more "unrealistic" which isn't bad, but the design is becoming...like you stated... Starwars style..like in FFVII Dirge of Cerebus, the attack on Deepground looked like Star Wars episode II attack of the clones.....seriously, it was like all they did was edit the fight sequences :P ...and hover boards...like WTH, our cars have wheels but we have "lying"boards and whatnot

But ya...perhaps what FF needs to do is go into a medival style game.......This means no hovercrafts or mechanized airships Square Enix!!!

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

I just found that it would be nice to see some Bagaas or Moogles in the main character lineup as opposed to all humes and a single Viera, I dunno, but ya personality wise they seemed good in FFXII, i mean they did have like what...six years to perfect it>?

I have no problen with the party as it is. In FFVI, there is a playable moogle :D
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DRUNK_CANADIAN
[QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

I have no problen with the party as it is. In FFVI, there is a playable moogle :D

Speaking of VI, do you think they will remake it with better graphics anytime soon? annd if they remake it, what do you think they will change?.....note: holy #*#$ look at all the quotes lolz :P

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

Speaking of VI, do you think they will remake it with better graphics anytime soon? annd if they remake it, what do you think they will change?.....note: holy #*#$ look at all the quotes lolz :P

I've seen bigger :P

I hope they do. IT is a much more desrving game than Cloud
Brian_WCU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Brian_WCU
Member since 2005 • 313 Posts
[QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

I would love to see graphical upgrades to most of the older games, but, I think a really cool feature, which would be very possible with the ps3 blu-ray disc is to have the option to play either the orginal verison (graphics and all) or the updated version, so you get the best of both worlds.

Now here is a mega-quote :D

DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DRUNK_CANADIAN
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

Any thoughts on the changes...feel free to post and make recommendationsBrian_WCU

I would love to see graphical upgrades to most of the older games, but, I think a really cool feature, which would be very possible with the ps3 blu-ray disc is to have the option to play either the orginal verison (graphics and all) or the updated version, so you get the best of both worlds.

Now here is a mega-quote :D

Actually thats a really good idea....but the techknowledgy to place a PS1 game on a disc with another gamne is not something that is exclusive to PS3 blue ray  ...all you really have to do is properly program the game so you have a selection between the two games, the PS1 games are extremely small in size (especially those prior 2 FVII, i am talking about memory usage if you havnt caught on :P) therefore your concept is good, and easily performed....all we need is for Square Enix to get a clue and remake the game :D

terran3999999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#15 terran3999999
Member since 2005 • 55 Posts
I loved FFVII and IX. Hopefully Square will never make a lame battle system like the Junction System or a character like Tidus ever again.
terran3999999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 terran3999999
P.S: Nobody has ever played Parasite Eve?! Now that game was godly, too bad I thought DoC will be like that...now I will tread Crisis Core with caution.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fs_metal
Parasite Eve ruled

FFIX is my favorite of the 3D games, but I have not finished FFXII. IT is likely to take it's place

FFVII DOES NOT NEED A REMAKE! It's bad enough that it is getting a billion sequels.

DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DRUNK_CANADIAN

P.S: Nobody has ever played Parasite Eve?! Now that game was godly, too bad I thought DoC will be like that...now I will tread Crisis Core with caution. terran3999999

In regards to ur first post....What was wrong with Tidus? I mean the majority of the lead characters are weird..what made Tidus so bad :P

Also on the topic of Crisis Core, I am totally pumped for it, but how do you think they are going to the gameplay? will it be freeroam? or a mission based style like DoC? (mission based blew)

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fs_metal

[QUOTE="terran3999999"]P.S: Nobody has ever played Parasite Eve?! Now that game was godly, too bad I thought DoC will be like that...now I will tread Crisis Core with caution. DRUNK_CANADIAN

In regards to ur first post....What was wrong with Tidus? I mean the majority of the lead characters are weird..what made Tidus so bad :P

Also on the topic of Crisis Core, I am totally pumped for it, but how do you think they are going to the gameplay? will it be freeroam? or a mission based style like DoC? (mission based blew)

He was the whiniest one of them all. I wanted to punch Tidus in the throat. I frickin hate Tidus. What happened to cool lead characters like Cecil who **** slapped whiney characters
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DRUNK_CANADIAN
[QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

[QUOTE="terran3999999"]P.S: Nobody has ever played Parasite Eve?! Now that game was godly, too bad I thought DoC will be like that...now I will tread Crisis Core with caution. fs_metal

He was the whiniest one of them all. I wanted to punch Tidus in the throat. I frickin hate Tidus. What happened to cool lead characters like Cecil who **** slapped whiney characters

Well i don't know how you can justify him being one fo the whiniest characters....but his emotions were definately awkward along with his personality, hes saying he hates his dad all the time, he talks liek freaking yoda sometimes (his grammer is more backwards than anything :P) but overall I didn't find him too bad, since my opinion of all the lead characters in all the FF games is weird, the only individual i believed retained a strong character was Squall ( i can't spell today sry) since his anti-social loner type character was constant, and he pertained to this character throughout unlike Cloud..who one second is mr. Cheery and enthusiastic, the next hes pestimistic and all "badass"

Some fo the strongest characters of all time i believe are Auron firstmost....I am sorry but he alone prolly made FFX as great as it is... although they limited his role in the story significantly,  Vincent from FFVII who was an individual attempting to cope with his sorrowful past and regrets in love (he personally is my favorite character ever), and Vivi who conjured the most dire question of all humanity "Do we really exist, who knows maybe we don't" he handled the concept well, and took an innocence approach along with self discovery, unlike Zidane who was an SOB and sort of ruined the uniquenes to Vivi's scenario....these three compose my strongest characters of the entire series ever, they are the most memorable in my opinion (Vincent almost had a bigger story than Cloud, and Vivi certainly had a better/more depth to his story than Zidane, and Auron although sorta a shadow on the story, he was just pwnage :P)

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

[QUOTE="terran3999999"]P.S: Nobody has ever played Parasite Eve?! Now that game was godly, too bad I thought DoC will be like that...now I will tread Crisis Core with caution. DRUNK_CANADIAN

Well i don't know how you can justify him being one fo the whiniest characters....but his emotions were definately awkward along with his personality, hes saying he hates his dad all the time, he talks liek freaking yoda sometimes (his grammer is more backwards than anything :P) but overall I didn't find him too bad, since my opinion of all the lead characters in all the FF games is weird, the only individual i believed retained a strong character was Squall ( i can't spell today sry) since his anti-social loner type character was constant, and he pertained to this character throughout unlike Cloud..who one second is mr. Cheery and enthusiastic, the next hes pestimistic and all "badass"

Some fo the strongest characters of all time i believe are Auron firstmost....I am sorry but he alone prolly made FFX as great as it is... although they limited his role in the story significantly, Vincent from FFVII who was an individual attempting to cope with his sorrowful past and regrets in love (he personally is my favorite character ever), and Vivi who conjured the most dire question of all humanity "Do we really exist, who knows maybe we don't" he handled the concept well, and took an innocence approach along with self discovery, unlike Zidane who was an SOB and sort of ruined the uniquenes to Vivi's scenario....these three compose my strongest characters of the entire series ever, they are the most memorable in my opinion (Vincent almost had a bigger story than Cloud, and Vivi certainly had a better/more depth to his story than Zidane, and Auron although sorta a shadow on the story, he was just pwnage :P)

The best lead characters are Zidane, Cecil and Terra. Cloud and Squall suck. Tidus is the worst FF character of all time
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DRUNK_CANADIAN
[QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

[QUOTE="terran3999999"]P.S: Nobody has ever played Parasite Eve?! Now that game was godly, too bad I thought DoC will be like that...now I will tread Crisis Core with caution. fs_metal

Some fo the strongest characters of all time i believe are Auron firstmost....I am sorry but he alone prolly made FFX as great as it is... although they limited his role in the story significantly, Vincent from FFVII who was an individual attempting to cope with his sorrowful past and regrets in love (he personally is my favorite character ever), and Vivi who conjured the most dire question of all humanity "Do we really exist, who knows maybe we don't" he handled the concept well, and took an innocence approach along with self discovery, unlike Zidane who was an SOB and sort of ruined the uniquenes to Vivi's scenario....these three compose my strongest characters of the entire series ever, they are the most memorable in my opinion (Vincent almost had a bigger story than Cloud, and Vivi certainly had a better/more depth to his story than Zidane, and Auron although sorta a shadow on the story, he was just pwnage :P)

The best lead characters are Zidane, Cecil and Terra. Cloud and Squall suck. Tidus is the worst FF character of all time

you know this is opinion..therefore we will never come to a conclusion however it turns of popularity main characters such as Cloud, Vaan and Tidus are the best, and people vote this on majority..your just "special" or :"unique" in your opinion...and unfortunately i have to respect that :P

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

you know this is opinion..therefore we will never come to a conclusion however it turns of popularity main characters such as Cloud, Vaan and Tidus are the best, and people vote this on majority..your just "special" or :"unique" in your opinion...and unfortunately i have to respect that :P

There are millions of fans of Cecil and Terra all across the world. How am I unique?
terran3999999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 terran3999999

Exactly what metal said he was too whiny and it made me want to hurt him. You guys love to quote each other don'tcha?

Tidus*in a girly squeaky voice*: I hate you dad.

Jecht: WHAT?

Tidus*in a more squeaky voice: I hate you.

Jecht: Ok son, I'm being dead serious I can't hear you!

Tidus *cries*

Jecht: Great now you go ahead and cry, way to go looking like a wuss in front of the ladies.

Auron: *silent nod of aggreement*

Yuna: *thinking: what did I ever see in him?*

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 fs_metal
That would be the most wonderful thing to ever happen to FFX, especially if Auron got sick of his balling and cut him down
RaiKageRyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RaiKageRyu
Member since 2004 • 4204 Posts
[QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

There are millions of fans of Cecil and Terra all across the world. How am I unique?

Apparently, you don't take notice of the rest of the world much. The majority has been well established and it's remained the same for quite some time now. And it's pretty much the opposite of your ideal picture.

Everyone will have thier own favorite characters and their own detested characters. There will always be someone with a different list or a person who loves a detested character of yours. And they will never, ever be wrong. Your word is not law. So stop stating things like they are facts, they're not. Your opinion is yours, and yours alone. Some people will share the same opinion with you to a certain extent, some will share the exact opposite. You cannot convince them otherwise.

Judging from your post count, I assumed you would know that by now. You like or hate things because that's how you personally feel about them, not because they are the best or worst. Such words when applied to topics such as these, differs from each person. The minds of each beholder, view and percieve these subjects with thier own unique point of view. They have the absolute right to hold on to these viewpoints, therefore they should not nor could they be swayed. Matters such as these, are illusionary and abstract.

We come here on forums to share and discuss our opinions. Not to state to others, what you believe to be the absolute.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

[QUOTE="terran3999999"]P.S: Nobody has ever played Parasite Eve?! Now that game was godly, too bad I thought DoC will be like that...now I will tread Crisis Core with caution. RaiKageRyu

Apparently, you don't take notice of the rest of the world much. The majority has been well established and it's remained the same for quite some time now. And it's pretty much the opposite of your ideal picture.

Everyone will have thier own favorite characters and their own detested characters. There will always be someone with a different list or a person who loves a detested character of yours. And they will never, ever be wrong. Your word is not law. So stop stating things like they are facts, they're not. Your opinion is yours, and yours alone. Some people will share the same opinion with you to a certain extent, some will share the exact opposite. You cannot convince them otherwise.

Judging from your post count, I assumed you would know that by now. You like or hate things because that's how you personally feel about them, not because they are the best or worst. Such words when applied to topics such as these, differs from each person. The minds of each beholder, view and percieve these subjects with thier own unique point of view. They have the absolute right to hold on to these viewpoints, therefore they should not nor could they be swayed. Matters such as these, are illusionary and abstract.

We come here on forums to share and discuss our opinions. Not to state to others, what you believe to be the absolute.

Tidus happens to be one of hte mosty detested character in the entire series. It is you who has an ideal vision of the world and cannot see reality, for I happen to know that yes there are alot of stupid people in the world, and there are alot of people that think that Cecil and Terra are great lead characters

DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DRUNK_CANADIAN
[QUOTE="RaiKageRyu"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

Tidus happens to be one of hte mosty detested character in the entire series. It is you who has an ideal vision of the world and cannot see reality, for I happen to know that yes there are alot of stupid people in the world, and there are alot of people that think that Cecil and Terra are great lead characters

And yet FFX was in many opinions, one the best games ? Also Tidus said those things because his father was a monster (literally and figuratively) Tidus hated him, and wouldn't you be in near tears of having to kill your own father...well lets put it this way ...FFX in english...things may have came out wrong...however the intent behind such actions made the memorable characters...

also Ryu is right....its all opinionated...there exists no right or wrong really, since it is based on perspective

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="RaiKageRyu"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

And yet FFX was in many opinions, one the best games ? Also Tidus said those things because his father was a monster (literally and figuratively) Tidus hated him, and wouldn't you be in near tears of having to kill your own father...well lets put it this way ...FFX in english...things may have came out wrong...however the intent behind such actions made the memorable characters...

also Ryu is right....its all opinionated...there exists no right or wrong really, since it is based on perspective

His father wasn't a monster to him really. He wanted Tidus to grow up, and Tidus never did. Even when he was face to face with his dad at the end of the game,. he still handled it like a 5 year old. He wasn't being a man. He was behing a baby basically and, for this, he deserves all the hatred that he recieves.

Just because a FF game has a character that everyone hates, it doesn't make it bad. Everyone loves FFVII for only God knows why, but no one likes Cait Sith. Every real FF fan likes FFIV, but no one likes Edward. You get the point
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DRUNK_CANADIAN
[QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="RaiKageRyu"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

His father wasn't a monster to him really. He wanted Tidus to grow up, and Tidus never did. Even when he was face to face with his dad at the end of the game,. he still handled it like a 5 year old. He wasn't being a man. He was behing a baby basically and, for this, he deserves all the hatred that he recieves.

Just because a FF game has a character that everyone hates, it doesn't make it bad. Everyone loves FFVII for only God knows why, but no one likes Cait Sith. Every real FF fan likes FFIV, but no one likes Edward. You get the point

Guh man, i know what your saying, you saying having a crappy character can still make a good game, but by "bad" we are getting into opinionated terms, since good in bad are of perspectives, so you may view Tidus as a bad character, while I may view himas a mediocre character (if that :P )

And just to clarify I get what you meant in your post...but I think the game creators were trying to create realism, give emotion to the characters...and obviously they failed since neither you or I can even begin to interpret wtf was going on :D , like the message was unclear

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="RaiKageRyu"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

Guh man, i know what your saying, you saying having a crappy character can still make a good game, but by "bad" we are getting into opinionated terms, since good in bad are of perspectives, so you may view Tidus as a bad character, while I may view himas a mediocre character (if that :P )

And just to clarify I get what you meant in your post...but I think the game creators were trying to create realism, give emotion to the characters...and obviously they failed since neither you or I can even begin to interpret wtf was going on :D , like the message was unclear

If you don't like Tidus either, it means we agree, so why are we arguing?
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DRUNK_CANADIAN
[QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="RaiKageRyu"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

Because we are making super huge quote boxes :P isn't that reason enough to debate FF?

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="RaiKageRyu"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

Because we are making super huge quote boxes :P isn't that reason enough to debate FF?

Super huge quote boxes FTW. FF FTW
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kinetic-core

ouch, it actually hurts to start readin what you guys posted. Anyway, does anyone actually really know for sure what kind of genre Crisis Core is fallin into? Action or RPG or whatever that is? It's about time some more info is released about that title...

Also, on Tidus... i think i know quite a number of guys that behaves like him. Don't think it's an Asian trend do you? Whiny *tick* Cries easily *tick* Has "girly" looks *tick* and everything else *tick tick tick*

On a side note, Tidus does not have girly looks, all teengae Asian guys look like that. And they're charming that way.

DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DRUNK_CANADIAN

ouch, it actually hurts to start readin what you guys posted. Anyway, does anyone actually really know for sure what kind of genre Crisis Core is fallin into? Action or RPG or whatever that is? It's about time some more info is released about that title...

Also, on Tidus... i think i know quite a number of guys that behaves like him. Don't think it's an Asian trend do you? Whiny *tick* Cries easily *tick* Has "girly" looks *tick* and everything else *tick tick tick*

On a side note, Tidus does not have girly looks, all teengae Asian guys look like that. And they're charming that way.

kinetic-core

aside from your take on what you prefer in guys....like we needed to know that....I think you misinterpreted what i said, I meant that Tidus, do  to the designers being in Japan and text translations or w.e, they were misinterpreted in English thus making what would have been a real character, with great emotion a little out there.....

Crisis Core is said to be action RPG, this could mean one of two things....it could be a mission based game where you go to level to level killing individuals or it could be a Zelda style, freeroamer (which I hope it is) which permits  the gamer to traverse freely and explore in addition to fightiing foes, as far as weapons and hp and stuff i doubt they will presue a Zelda style, instead they will have some sort of statistic based weapon system

DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DRUNK_CANADIAN
[QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="RaiKageRyu"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DRUNK_CANADIAN"]

Super huge quote boxes FTW. FF FTW

I guess we can all agree that FF is the best series of the times....however I don't know if they will continue to produce such good games....FXIII looks ...well....not too good thus far

Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Darmi
Member since 2004 • 5562 Posts
The next person to make a massive quote box gets their message deleted... To be on-topic: Final Fantasy is an RPG.
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DRUNK_CANADIAN

The next person to make a massive quote box gets their message deleted... To be on-topic: Final Fantasy is an RPG.Darmi

nice pointless post, please stay within the board description or I will report you....this discussion is on the changes the FF series is undergoing....and our opinons on them

Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Darmi
Member since 2004 • 5562 Posts
I think I am well within my rights as a moderator of this board to request that you do not post disruptively long quote chains. Perhaps I did not make my point clear in my above post so here it is; Please refrain from posting long chain quotes.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 fs_metal

kinetic-core
CC is supposed to be an action RPG
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 fs_metal
I would disagree with that and say that Metal Gear is the best series ever. FFXIII does not look that great. I do agree with that 
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DRUNK_CANADIAN

I would disagree with that and say that Metal Gear is the best series ever. FFXIII does not look that great. I do agree with that fs_metal

Ahh k...Metal Gear is a good series... and unique in its own rights which is another plus...portable ops is going to be SWEET

but personally I prefer FF series better due to the RPG style, the numerous extras, high gamplay value and story.....why do you like Metal Gear more? ..just curious

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]I would disagree with that and say that Metal Gear is the best series ever. FFXIII does not look that great. I do agree with that DRUNK_CANADIAN

Ahh k...Metal Gear is a good series... and unique in its own rights which is another plus...portable ops is going to be SWEET

but personally I prefer FF series better due to the RPG style, the numerous extras, high gamplay value and story.....why do you like Metal Gear more? ..just curious

MEtal Gear Solid has teh best gameplay ever and the best story ever. The music is good. teh cut scenes are amazing, and they do not need to resort to prerendering to make it look just as good as anything else. The voice acting is amazing, and the series features teh best villian outside of Kefka, Revolver Ocelot. I love pretty much everything about MGS, but the primary reason I prefer it is the gameplay. FF didn't have great gameplay until FFXII. Prior to that, it weas always fun for about 30 hours. Then it got tedious to keep doing random battles every 3 steps
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kinetic-core
well... FFXII didn't depend on pre-rendered CG this time. And i believe it's a great improvement. Besides, did you actually think that FF is good just because of the pre-rendered movies? :P But truly, FFXII was the only FF that manages to utilize the PS2 well. The MGS series made use of it a long time ago. But, also, it's probably the size of the game itself. FF is supposed to be looooooong. And we can't have too many good things about it IN it. I wouldn't say MGS is the best ever, nor would i say FF is the best ever, if i'm not a fan of FF. They're both great in their own genre, and if compared separately, in terms of gameplay, graphics, story and "revolutionary" elements, FF and MGS set the standards and would continue doing so for the next-gen games.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 fs_metal
well... FFXII didn't depend on pre-rendered CG this time. And i believe it's a great improvement. Besides, did you actually think that FF is good just because of the pre-rendered movies? :P But truly, FFXII was the only FF that manages to utilize the PS2 well. The MGS series made use of it a long time ago. But, also, it's probably the size of the game itself. FF is supposed to be looooooong. And we can't have too many good things about it IN it. I wouldn't say MGS is the best ever, nor would i say FF is the best ever, if i'm not a fan of FF. They're both great in their own genre, and if compared separately, in terms of gameplay, graphics, story and "revolutionary" elements, FF and MGS set the standards and would continue doing so for the next-gen games.kinetic-core
It doesn't have to because it's engine is so good, but there is still ALOT of absolutely amazing looking CG in it.

ALL HAIL METAL GEAR SOLID 4 FOR IT SHALL BE THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME

I support PSwii60
FinalHorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 FinalHorror
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
well... FFXII didn't depend on pre-rendered CG this time. And i believe it's a great improvement. Besides, did you actually think that FF is good just because of the pre-rendered movies? :P But truly, FFXII was the only FF that manages to utilize the PS2 well. The MGS series made use of it a long time ago. But, also, it's probably the size of the game itself. FF is supposed to be looooooong. And we can't have too many good things about it IN it. I wouldn't say MGS is the best ever, nor would i say FF is the best ever, if i'm not a fan of FF. They're both great in their own genre, and if compared separately, in terms of gameplay, graphics, story and "revolutionary" elements, FF and MGS set the standards and would continue doing so for the next-gen games.kinetic-core
I have to agree to alot that you say here KC. The big thing in FF is the great story, before it was the great story, and a new great story. But now they are trying to make more games into one story. In my view that ain't good. Thats the thing diffrent from MGS and FF. FF have so many stories, and so many good once to. But MGS have one HUGE story, and they keep on making it bigger. But now that SE do what they do, hard to say. But i'm afraid SE will try to make a game so huge that it will take about 10games before it's over. And thats just sad.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 fs_metal
[QUOTE="kinetic-core"]well... FFXII didn't depend on pre-rendered CG this time. And i believe it's a great improvement. Besides, did you actually think that FF is good just because of the pre-rendered movies? :P But truly, FFXII was the only FF that manages to utilize the PS2 well. The MGS series made use of it a long time ago. But, also, it's probably the size of the game itself. FF is supposed to be looooooong. And we can't have too many good things about it IN it. I wouldn't say MGS is the best ever, nor would i say FF is the best ever, if i'm not a fan of FF. They're both great in their own genre, and if compared separately, in terms of gameplay, graphics, story and "revolutionary" elements, FF and MGS set the standards and would continue doing so for the next-gen games.FinalHorror
I have to agree to alot that you say here KC. The big thing in FF is the great story, before it was the great story, and a new great story. But now they are trying to make more games into one story. In my view that ain't good. Thats the thing diffrent from MGS and FF. FF have so many stories, and so many good once to. But MGS have one HUGE story, and they keep on making it bigger. But now that SE do what they do, hard to say. But i'm afraid SE will try to make a game so huge that it will take about 10games before it's over. And thats just sad.

They are doing that to FFVII
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DRUNK_CANADIAN

[QUOTE="FinalHorror"][QUOTE="kinetic-core"]well... FFXII didn't depend on pre-rendered CG this time. And i believe it's a great improvement. Besides, did you actually think that FF is good just because of the pre-rendered movies? :P But truly, FFXII was the only FF that manages to utilize the PS2 well. The MGS series made use of it a long time ago. But, also, it's probably the size of the game itself. FF is supposed to be looooooong. And we can't have too many good things about it IN it. I wouldn't say MGS is the best ever, nor would i say FF is the best ever, if i'm not a fan of FF. They're both great in their own genre, and if compared separately, in terms of gameplay, graphics, story and "revolutionary" elements, FF and MGS set the standards and would continue doing so for the next-gen games.fs_metal

tru, and isnt it good though to make huge stories for thee game, more of the "good stuff" :P

Like MGS 2 Raiden was *@$ Snake all the way....without Snake MG isnt MG.....well it is....

Point being both are good in their own fields, to compare the two is kinda wrong.....and my god MGS4 looks sick....its a shame I dont have the PS3 yet though :P

Stupid Laptop setting me back 3000$ I coulda bought all the next gen if I wanted too...

BTW I have a kool MG vid man, its humour based.....PM me if you want to see it ...the humour isnt quite appropiate for public forums

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="FinalHorror"][QUOTE="kinetic-core"]well... FFXII didn't depend on pre-rendered CG this time. And i believe it's a great improvement. Besides, did you actually think that FF is good just because of the pre-rendered movies? :P But truly, FFXII was the only FF that manages to utilize the PS2 well. The MGS series made use of it a long time ago. But, also, it's probably the size of the game itself. FF is supposed to be looooooong. And we can't have too many good things about it IN it. I wouldn't say MGS is the best ever, nor would i say FF is the best ever, if i'm not a fan of FF. They're both great in their own genre, and if compared separately, in terms of gameplay, graphics, story and "revolutionary" elements, FF and MGS set the standards and would continue doing so for the next-gen games.DRUNK_CANADIAN

tru, and isnt it good though to make huge stories for thee game, more of the "good stuff" :P

Like MGS 2 Raiden was *@$ Snake all the way....without Snake MG isnt MG.....well it is....

Point being both are good in their own fields, to compare the two is kinda wrong.....and my god MGS4 looks sick....its a shame I dont have the PS3 yet though :P

Stupid Laptop setting me back 3000$ I coulda bought all the next gen if I wanted too...

BTW I have a kool MG vid man, its humour based.....PM me if you want to see it ...the humour isnt quite appropiate for public forums

I lo9ved MGS2 though. It was a fantastic game with an amazing story.
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kinetic-core
heh... i got nauseous with the MGS2 fixed camera. Perhaps that's why i actually like MGS3 better. 'sides, aren't we talking about FF? I was having this idea. What if, Final Fantasy was moved to portable consoles?! All of them! Including the next titles. Then, we now will have FF with more story than ever. It'll be our FF, with just a great story, and nothing else in the package. P